[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

with all of Marvel's shilling of Miles, he's still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 12

File: 366 vs 342.jpg (229KB, 960x729px) Image search: [Google]
366 vs 342.jpg
229KB, 960x729px
with all of Marvel's shilling of Miles, he's still in two dozen less issues than Mayday.

he's going to be forgotten sooner than later. literately the least interesting Spider-hero ever made.

Why can't they bring back best girl and MC2? it was better than the ultimate universe too
>>
He won't be forgotten because he's one of Marvels token minority characters now.
>>
Spider-Obama's term of office is up.
>>
He's not really getting shilled
>>
>>88081453
Nobody is shilling him as much as the racist that are upset with a not white spiderman
>>
How come Bendis never has him say things in Spanish or reference his heritage in any way?
>>
>>88081567
>How come Bendis never has him say things in Spanish
As a spic I hate that trope
>>
>>88081541
The media is controlled by international bankers, who are not white but look white. They are actually of mixed race. These bankers also control our government by buying our political leaders. For decades they've been using the media to socially engineer our society in ways that will lead to destruction. For decades they've been pushing multiculturalism and racial diversity so that whites will be accepting of non-whites being brought into their countries, and now they are pushing race mixing propaganda to white children to depopulate the white race. These bankers want world domination and they see white people as a threat to their power, and so they wish to eliminate them.
>>
>>88081624
but we do it, anon. sometimes you are talking and somehow forget how to say something in english, and say it in spanish. Of course, you dont see any of that back in our home countries.
>>
>>88081712
Seems legit
>>
File: 1392964343391.jpg (90KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1392964343391.jpg
90KB, 768x576px
>>88081541

Then how come nobody hates Miguel?
>>
>>88081717
>our home countries

If you were born in America then America is your home country, foo
>>
>>88081541
Yeah, that's why this board hates Spider-Punk.
Oh wait, this board was citing him as one of the few good things about Spiderverse. It's just even a gimmicky character like him is more memorable than Miles.
>>
>>88081567
Does his mom really ever say anything in Spanish? I thought she was at least 2nd generation?
>>
>>88081752
Miguel isn't around often enough for anyone to come up with reasons to hate him.
>>
>>88081772
>It's just even a gimmicky character like him is more memorable than Miles.
Super heroes are all about gimmicks so what are you even trying to say here.
>>
>>88081779

You mean he isn't shoved down people's throats
>>
>>88081813
How is Miles shoved down your throat? Most of the things he appears in have shit writers, why are you willingly reading shit books?
>>
>>88081453
He'll only be forgotten once Bendis dies, retires, or whatever gets him out of working on comics.
>>
>>88081453
You know, he's a one-trick pony that only has the gimmick of shocking his enemies to defeat them. I'm not even sure why he was made a part of the new universe, since he's so stilted character development wise, like back in the Ultimate U, he basically got handed everything and got back patted even though he really didn't deserve it.
>>
>>88081795
How about you use your tiny brain and figure it out? It's not really complex, although maybe for you it is.
>>
>>88081453
>literately the least interesting Spider-hero ever made.

This. The ONLY reason he is in anything is because of Bendis' pull.

Hell, most of his "fans" don't even read his comic. They just like him because he's a black Spider-Man. That's literally it. Cannot tell you how many times I've seen this supported at conventions.
>>
>>88081841
>got back patted even though he really didn't deserve it.
He always did something worth congratulating when he got patted on the back though.
>>
>>88081856
Oh, so you had no point.
>>
>>88081567
>thinking Bendis even bothers to remember his own continuity

That was your first mistake, Anon.
>>
>>88081779
>having his own solo ongoing doesn't count as being "around enough"

Sure thing, buddy.
>>
Are his sales any better now that he's in Earth-616? If not, I don't see why they couldn't keep him in Earth-1610. If Spider-Gwen can be the only ongoing series set in Earth-65, why can't they do the same with Miles?
>>
>>88081858
Bendis is of mixed race and belongs to a tribe of mixed race peoples. This tribe has been waging a covert war against white European peoples for centuries. This tribe controls nearly all of the news and entertainment media in the US.
>>
>>88081880
What's Miles gimmick then? That he's pretty much identical to Peter Parker, but black?

That he one shots everyone with his Venom Blast?
>>
>>88081900
Marvel has metaphorically aside from literally killed 1610, it was basically on life-support post-ultimatum.
>>
>>88081880
Oh, so you're an even bigger moron than I thought.
>>
>>88081911
>What's Miles gimmick then?
Person from a dead universe trying to adjust to his current one.
>pretty much identical to Peter Parker
This is a meme, if he's Peter than why would people hate him and think he's so boring? Do they also hate Peter?
>>
>>88081900
>Are his sales any better now that he's in Earth-616?

Nope. His book was number 63 of the top 100 comics sold in September 2016 and only made 44k. Didn't even break top 100 in October.

His book sells like complete shit.
>>
>>88081921
>has no points
>calls others morons
Nani?
>>
>>88081937
>This is a meme, if he's Peter than why would people hate him and think he's so boring?

>Being this much of a fucking moron

Answer: we already have a Peter Parker. We don't need two of them, you insufferable mouth breather.
>>
>>88081954
But people also hate the way Peter's been acting with all his company shit, so why would they hate still street-level Peter?
>>
>>88081954
Miles is worse then that because he's an even more distilled Peter Parker. He's watered down in such a way there's nothing even remotely interesting about him.
>>
>>88081937
>Person from a dead universe trying to adjust to his current one.

That would be interesting to see, but from what I've read, he's already fully adjusted to it.
>>
>>88081978
Not really, he's been more angry and even less competent then before, he got schooled by fucking Black Cat.
>>
>>88081938
To be fair, those issues were tie-ins to a shitty event, people tend to avoid the tie-ins when the event is bad as this. What were his sales like before getting sucked into Civil War II?
>>
>>88081948
>struggles to understand the simplest post imaginable
>cries that there is no point
Yes, you are a moron.
>a weeb
Oh, that explains it.
>>
>>88081938
44k is good for a Marvel/DC book.

It's not great or anything but that's a solid number.

>>88082011
April was 59k (#3) and May was 49k (#4). Looks like it has stabilized around 40-45k.
>>
>>88082020
>still has not stated your point, just claiming to have one
The only moron here is you, Anon.
>>
>>88082004
So he's about as competent as he's been for the last 2 years, got it. Sounds like he's doing better than the majority of his run in All-New Ultimates, at any rate. Literally every loss they had in that book was because he forgot that he could use Venom Blast at the worst possible time, until the last issue.
>>
>>88081829
Dude he appears in almost every book to be praise by someone
>>
>>88081763
Anon i think our home country imply that he comes from latin america and now he lives in usa, also if you were born in US you're just a filthy pocho
>>
>>88082058
You're either a troll or the dumbest faggot on this board I ever saw. If you sterilize yourself, sign away your brain to science so they could study microcephaly of this new magnitute, you'd actually benefit human race.
>>
>>88081897
Does Miguel appear in anything besides his own series? Miles is also in Champions and makes occasional appearances in other books, but I think Spider-Man 2099 is all that Miguel's got.
>>
>>88082088
Considering he went from "I can't fight Doctor Doom without Venom Blast" to "I just can't fucking get Black Cat, holy shit" I'd say he's less competent.
>>88082105
Examples of him being unjustly praised in books that aren't shit?
>>
>>88081535
>>88081541
He's being shoved in literally every book, despite having mediocre sales, being a shit character, and being reduced to being a background character. Yeah, he's getting shilled.
>>
>>88081717
It offends me when it's basic words like
>"Could this be amor?"
Triggers me
>>
>>88082112
So you don't have a point, gotcha.
>>
>>88081567
Because he's a hack.
>>
>>88081834
AKA him getting kicked out of Marvel for having such a shit year.
>>
>>88081752
Miguel is predominantly white, has an Irish last name and is drawn as a tan white guy

The reality here is that Hispanics are shoved in for diversity but they almost never have hispanics who are visibly non-caucasian like the redskinned illegals I see wandering around
>>
>>88081567
Anon first most latinos dosen't randomly speak in spanish like in tv show, second Miles latino heritage is just there for brownie points, like that issue where he talks with his friends and he's like "im black and latin american, im so opress"
At least Miguel character is not just im hispanic spiderman
>>
>>88081858
Don't forget his cool costume :^)
>>
>>88082165
Worth it for his hot mom though
>>
>>88081763
If your parents were illegals then that's wrong

>>88081772
Miles has a gimmick though, his gimmick is that he's black
>>
>>88081937
Because Peter had bad qualities and constantly has his family members at risk. Miles is Peter with all the interesting shit taken out. If he's so much different than Peter describe a personality trait he has that Peter doesn't.
>>
>>88082138
>can't fight
Meant can
>>
>>88082004
Now you're just lying. Miles' book doesn't even reference the Ultimate universe. The literal only thing we have that indicates that he has memory of the Ultimate universe is an interview with Bendis. My guess is that the editors agreed he should forget and Bendis is just mad they voted against him for once.
>>
>>88082187
Miles has bad qualities too though, he's a fucking idiot, he absolutely cannot work under pressure.
Like when heat seeking missiles were chasing him through the city, he thought the best option would be to swing upwards.

Where he very quickly ran out if things to swing off of.
>>
>>88082150
I made my point in the first post. It's not my fault you're a brainless piece of shit who needs to be spoonfed simplest things.

Die. You are completely useless. You will never achieve anything and no one would ever want to interact with a complete moron like you, unless it's to laugh at you.

>>88082178
Never said it isn't. Just that "punk idea of fight the powah stick it to the man fantasy but with Spider-Man" is extremely gimmicky and yet he is still liked more than the dull piece of shit like Miles.
But hey, only racists hate Miles, right?
>>
>>88082206
>Now you're just lying. Miles' book doesn't even reference the Ultimate universe
When he first gets to 616 he's surprised to see his mom
Ganke says he's been acting prissy for 8 months (which is how long it was since Secret Wars)
He referenced the Venom Blast explosion which he did in the Ultimate universe
His nightmare about the Hulk included Ultimate Cloak and Dagger.
>>
>>88082233
>he's a fucking idiot, he absolutely cannot work under pressure.

Just like young Peter was.

>Like when heat seeking missiles were chasing him through the city, he thought the best option would be to swing upwards.

That's not a flaw, that's a plot point. A flaw is a negative personality trait that gets in the way of the character.
>>
>>88082164
>Hispanics are shoved in for diversity but they almost never have hispanics who are visibly non-caucasian
Im ok with that actually im hispanic with white pasty skin and green eye, not everyone in latin america is black, Miguel look like most people in my original country
>>
>>88082258
>When he first gets to 616 he's surprised to see his mom

Then he immediately forgets why he's surprised.

>Ganke says he's been acting prissy for 8 months

Could /literally/ mean anything.

>He referenced the Venom Blast explosion which he did in the Ultimate universe

Which could easily be part of his now altered history since he now exists in 616

>His nightmare about the Hulk included Ultimate Cloak and Dagger.

Which is meant to be a vision of the future of 616, meaning this is just another continuity error that Bendis made, or him deliberately going against a mandate some editors made. Both are equally as likely.
>>
>tfw you were hopeful for miles
>starts getting new villains and cool shit
>events kill the quality of his book like 3 times before they kill the ultimate universe
>gets introduced to 616 and it's underwhelming except for Pichelli's art
>events are killing the book even deader once again
it's like watching your cute dog die within the first year of getting it, but dad insisting it's alive and playing with it's corpse for the past 4 years, shoving it in your face and trying to ship him with Kamala.
>>
>>88082251
You said Punk is gimmicky as if that would logically make him less memorable when that's a retarded thing to think, you dolt, super heroes are all about gimmicks, being memorable and gimmicky is not the least bit impressive.
So you have no point or your point is retarded, stay mad.
>>
>>88082268
I never understood how most people think latinos are solely black.
>>
>>88081911
>That he's pretty much identical to Peter Parker
Why do people keep saying this? Ultimate Peter felt like a real teenager. He was rough around the edges and very impulsive, even at times bordered on whiny and somewhat cynical.

Miles is just absolutely boring.
>>
>>88082297
Nah, Miles is shy and insecure. He's a total teenager for different reasons. But his plotlines, his lack of romantic life on-screen, the bare interaction with people his age besides Ganke, as well as the constant reminder that he isn't Peter really hurt him.
>>
>>88082278
>Then he immediately forgets why he's surprised.
Proof? What's he supposed to say, "You're supposed to be dead"?
>Could /literally/ mean anything.
Don't play dumb, Anon.
>Which could easily be part of his now altered history since he now exists in 616
More likely means he remembers Ultimate
>Which is meant to be a vision of the future of 616, meaning this is just another continuity error that Bendis made, or him deliberately going against a mandate some editors made. Both are equally as likely.
No it wasn't, it was a straight nightmare, as in, he was in fucking bed sleeping when it happened.
>>
>>88082264
>Just like young Peter was.
And? Peter coined the "young idiot" idea?
>That's not a flaw, that's a plot point. A flaw is a negative personality trait that gets in the way of the character.
Being so dumb you don't know you can't swing off of nothing isn't a flaw?
>>
>>88082142
His sales are pretty good actually
>>
>>88081938
His book didn't come out in October
>>
>>88082321
>Proof? What's he supposed to say, "You're supposed to be dead"?

He literally says he forgot why he suddenly hugged her when asked about it.

>Don't play dumb, Anon.

I could be telling you the same thing

>More likely means he remembers Ultimate

No, not at all. It's clear his history was altered when he was put on 616, so there's nothing to indicate this isn't the same deal.

>No it wasn't, it was a straight nightmare, as in, he was in fucking bed sleeping when it happened.

The point was that he was having a nightmare of Ulysses vision in Civil War 2. Like how people with PTSD have dreams of when they were at war. How could you not understand that?
>>
>>88081453
Spider Slut > Spider Nigger
>>
>>88081937

Fans literally had to ask Bendis if Miles even REMEMBERS his old universe, because it's never come up in any of his post Secret Warsappearances, outside Gwenpool.
>>
>>88082342
>And? Peter coined the "young idiot" idea?

You're the one trying to tell me he's not a Peter clone. You tell me.

>Being so dumb you don't know you can't swing off of nothing isn't a flaw?

No, it's not because that's not a personality trait. Nor is it something that the main character finds himself struggling with on a more internal level.
>>
>>88082394
>He literally says he forgot why he suddenly hugged her when asked about it.
What is he supposed to say? I'd dodge the question too.
>No, not at all. It's clear his history was altered when he was put on 616,
There's nothing that even remotely implies this, just that Peter doesn't remember meeting him before Secret Wars.
>The point was that he was having a nightmare of Ulysses vision in Civil War 2. Like how people with PTSD have dreams of when they were at war. How could you not understand that?
Because his nightmare replaced the people that were actually in the vision with his friends, like how Carol is swapped out for Peter in Hulk's fist, Ultimate Cloak and Dagger was clearly intentional.
>>
>>88082292
>I never understood how most people think latinos are solely black.
Pretty sure they don't.
>>
>>88081937

Except for the whole part where it isn't. Literally nothing in his current book has anything to do with understanding the new universe. He's fully acclimated already.
>>
I had the impression that he was appearing in too many books for a character that had just appeared in the universe recently, but yesterday someone dumped the new Great Lake Avengers book and it was fucking ridiculous. There's a scene there where the focus changes from the loser protagonists to the "cool heroes club" and then there's Miles, Black Spider-Man, hanging around in a restaurant with Black Captain America, Woman Thor, and Tumblr Squirrel Girl. It only needed asian Hulk and black woman Iron Man to have the perfect combination of blatant diversity pandering writer's pet heroes

I mean, fuck, I don't mind them too much individualy, but when they put them all together in the same scene I couldn't look away from how cringy the whole thing was. And Miles was front and center in that, depsite being supposedly being a rookie.

As a comparison, Silk, another recent Spider hero, has nowhere near the amount of presence as Miles. Her only connecton to the big leagues is being hired by Mockingbird to infiltrate Black Cat's crime empire because switching sides is pretty easy since she's a literally who.
>>
>>88082480
>You're the one trying to tell me he's not a Peter clone. You tell me.
The answer is obviously no, Peter succeeded in spite of his idiocy, Miles' actively holds him back in every situation that isn't "hit them hard".
>>
>>88081717
I've only ever heard people speak in either all English or all Spanish, never heard them mix and match like on tv.
>>
>>88082504
>He's fully acclimated already.
He can't even handle Black Cat, his inability to hide his hero identity actually allows Jessica Jones to find out who he is, and he's been more angry/aggressive since being brought over.
>>
>>88081841
>back in the Ultimate U, he basically got handed everything and got back patted even though he really didn't deserve it.

With the new universe they could have made Miles good and even if they did I would still have the bad taste in my mouth from that shit. They even brought Ultimate Peter back just so he could pat Miles on the back and then fuck off right after.
>>
>>88081752
Because the 2099 line is unknown beyond comic fans. The death of Ultimate Peter and his replacement by Miles both made the headlines of major news outlets, similar to the death of Superman.
>>
>>88082297
>Why do people keep saying this?
Because its true.

He has pretty much the exact same personality.
>>
>>88082138
>Examples of him being unjustly praised in books
Well there's...
>that aren't shit?
Nothing.
>>
>>88082162
Isn't he the guy that kept on saying was going to be the next Stan Lee and in charge of the whole company or was that Quesadilla?
>>
>>88082515
>Miles' actively holds him back in every situation that isn't "hit them hard".

This is factually wrong. You're trying way too hard.
>>
>>88082658
When has Miles easily surpassed a challenge that required him to think? Just recently Bucky pushed his shit in because he thought he could outsmart him.
>>
>>88081752

Miguel is cool and has an entire run of backstory going for him. He's a developed character

And his blue/red suit looks 10x times better than Miles'. Here's waiting for him to outgrow the new white one.
>>
>>88081779
He had an ongoing for a while, may still even have one
>>
>>88082714
>may still even have one
He does.
>>
>>88082714

He just beat Iron Manlet and is teaming up with Cptain America 2099 and Elektra.
>>
>>88081453
>Why can't they bring back best girl and MC2? it was better than the ultimate universe too
Because between Spider-Gwen, Silk, Spider-Milf MJ and her daughter Anne, the position for a fem Spider person is filled up.
>>
>>88082766
But all of those are shit.
>>
>>88082142
>despite having mediocre sales

> anon thinks the rest of us dont have the ability to fact check him

You're not Trump anon-kun. Nobody is gonna believe your lies
>>
>>88082859
Doesn't matter characterfag, that's just how it is.

They don't need you waifu right now so she can just sit on a shelf with Anya and Ultimate Spider-Woman and collect dust until it's time to kill her off.
>>
>>88082766
>Because between Spider-Gwen, Silk, Spider-Milf MJ and her daughter Anne, the position for a fem Spider person is filled up.

You're aware that Mayday was before all of these characters, right?
>>
>>88082911
Except for the whole part where he DOES have mediocre sales. Sales figures were already posted in this very thread, ignoramus.
>>
>>88082911

Wrong
>>
>>88083022
Yes as she is not relevant now because Marvel is pushing those characters. They don't need another female Spider from an alternate universe.
>>
>>88082494
>What is he supposed to say?

Something meant to convey the point that he remembers, instead Bendis did the opposite. A normal person would question someone else coming alive.

>There's nothing that even remotely implies this, just that Peter doesn't remember meeting him before Secret Wars.

The entire scene where Peter is talking about the robots is meant to put that idea across.

>Because his nightmare replaced the people that were actually in the vision with his friends, like how Carol is swapped out for Peter in Hulk's fist, Ultimate Cloak and Dagger was clearly intentional.

This is Bendis were talking about. He pulls mistakes like this all the time.
>>
>>88083136
They shouldn't have any female spiders because they're all shit.
>>
>>88082501
That's how they're always portrayed. Also, yes they do, I have met people in real life who get legitimately shocked when they find out I'm hispanic. It's kinda annoying really.
>>
>>88083280
>Something meant to convey the point that he remembers, instead Bendis did the opposite. A normal person would question someone else coming alive.
Super heroes aren't normal people and Bendis isn't a good writer.
>The entire scene where Peter is talking about the robots is meant to put that idea across.
No it isn't, it's meant to let you know Peter doesn't remember the pre-Secret Wars meeting.
>This is Bendis were talking about. He pulls mistakes like this all the time.
But that was clearly intentional and not a mistake.
>>
>>88082515
>Peter succeeded in spite of his idiocy

T. Someone who's never read Peter's books. His idiocy is always getting in his way. Too incompetent to take good photos so he keeps getting fired. Too incompetent to pay off his debts which kept him poor for a long time. Too incompetent to make the decisions between his Spider-Man life and his love life. The only reason why he's succeeding now is because he inherited it all from Otto. And even then, he's too incompetent to realize that it came from Otto's dirty criminal money, which will bite him in the ass.
>>
>>88082651
I actually want a source on this, it sounds hilarious.
>>
>>88082911
>>88082359
But he does have mediocre sales. This isn't debatable, we have threads were we talk about comic sales just go ahead to those and see his place.
>>
>>88082268
Well there are white latinos, black latinos, asian latinos, and indigenous latinos, Anon.
>>
>>88083327
>Super heroes aren't normal people and Bendis isn't a good writer.

A character that doesn't actually act like a real character is a bad character. Regardless, he shows that Miles doesn't remember what happened to his mother.

>No it isn't, it's meant to let you know Peter doesn't remember the pre-Secret Wars meeting.

It was meant to show that history was altered, hens why that was his first meeting with Miles.

>But that was clearly intentional and not a mistake.

Except for the fact that it wasn't, otherwise it would have been Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Peter
>>
>>88083280
>This is Bendis were talking about. He pulls mistakes like this all the time.

Remember when he thought that Cambridge University was in London? And that Google existed in 1996 and people were using the term "google it" regularly at the time?

Good 'ol Bendis.
>>
>>88083283
>I am a filthy casual and I have never read Mayday
>>
The only spiders who aren't shit are:

Peter Parker
Kaine Parker
Miguel O' Hara
and Mayday.

Maaayyyyybe Annie May, but I have to see more of her before I make my decision. All other spiders should get killed off or depowered.
>>
>>88082149
It only works for complicated words, yes.
>>
>>88083482
I did and it was dull overrated shit.
>>
>>88083352
>The only reason why he's succeeding now is because he inherited it all from Otto.

Lets also not forget reality altering effects from Post-Secret Wars shenanigans. He literally became a billionaire in an instant and no one understands how (see: Reed and Franklin just made him a billionaire, just because).
>>
>>88083461
>A character that doesn't actually act like a real character is a bad character.
Then almost all beloved characters are bad characters, none of them act like real people.
>Regardless, he shows that Miles doesn't remember what happened to his mother.
No it doesn't, it shows he just came up with something to dodge the question.
>It was meant to show that history was altered
No it wasn't, it doesn't show anything about Miles, only Peter.
>Except for the fact that it wasn't, otherwise it would have been Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Peter
Miles has interacted with 616 Tony and Peter far more than their Ultimate counterparts, and as far as we know he's never even seen 616 Cloak and Dagger.
>>
>>88083622
>They needed someone to watch over there house.

This is the most likely explanation. I like to think the Fantastic family think Peter as an honorary extended family member.
>>
>>88083461
>Except for the fact that it wasn't, otherwise it would have been Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Peter

This guy gets it.
>>
>>88083559
And Ben Reilly.
>>
>>88083559

You mentioned Mayday o I assume you mean all multiverse spiders? Because I like Spider Noir.
>>
>>88083653
Peter bought the Baxter Building. They didn't give it to him.
>>
>>88083636
>Then almost all beloved characters are bad characters, none of them act like real people.

Go outside and socialize with people on occasion. You need to, because you clearly have no idea how real people actually act.
>>
>>88083636
>Then almost all beloved characters are bad characters, none of them act like real people.

If your mother comes back from the gave after being dead for years, you mean to tell me you wouldn't be the least bit skeptical?

>No it doesn't, it shows he just came up with something to dodge the question.

No, it shows that he doesn't have memory of his mother dying. Otherwise he would have said something referencing the fact that he remembered.

>No it wasn't, it doesn't show anything about Miles, only Peter.

Yes, clearly, because /Peter's/ reality is the only thing that was altered by him coming to 616. Of course.

>Miles has interacted with 616 Tony and Peter far more than their Ultimate counterparts.

Again wrong. Miles has interacted with 1610 Peter and 1610 Peter has been /far/ more influential to his character than 616 Peter has been.
>>
>>88083688
Ben and Kaine are a give or take situation. I feel you can't have one without sacrificing the other.

>>88083694
Yes, alternate Peter's don't count as separate ones in that list. Also, I forgot about Japanese Spider-Man, he definitely makes it on the list.

>>88083706
Peter wasn't around when the Baxter Building was "bought". We can assume this was part of Reed's plan when he remade the multiverse.
>>
>>88083730
>and 1610 Peter has been /far/ more influential to his character than 616 Peter has

Its not like its the entire foundation of his becoming Spider-Man in the first place or anything.
>>
>>88083559
You forgot Ben and Elseworlds Spiders like Noire, but I'll forgive you.

Flash Venom also almost counts.
>>
>>88083778
>Ben and Kaine are a give or take situation. I feel you can't have one without sacrificing the other.

Why? They co-existed just fine for quite a while.
>>
File: superior_spiderman2.jpg (124KB, 690x507px) Image search: [Google]
superior_spiderman2.jpg
124KB, 690x507px
>>88083559
You forgot the superior Spider-man
>>
>>88083636
That house in 616 that Miles woke up in did't just pop into existence when he woke up. Also isn't Miles's dad with Shield in the 616 universe like he was in The Ultimate Universe? That alone proves their history was altered when they came to 616.
>>
>>88083807
Symbiotes =/= spiders. They have a list all on their own. Also >>88083778
>Yes, alternate Peter's don't count as separate ones in that list. Also, I forgot about Japanese Spider-Man, he definitely makes it on the list.
>>
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_4_3.jpg (778KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_4_3.jpg
778KB, 790x1200px
>>88083778
>Peter wasn't around when the Baxter Building was "bought".

Yes he was. There is an entire issue about it (pic related), where he flat out tells Johnny storm that he specifically bought the Baxter Building so no one else would and that he's saving it for the Fantastic Four, whenever the rest of the team returns.

Try actually reading the comics you're talking about.
>>
>>88083821
Superior was utter trash, get out of here Slottfag.
>>
>>88083878
Nah senpai, Superior was pretty good.
>>
>>88083833
>That house in 616 that Miles woke up in did't just pop into existence when he woke up.

It literally did. The entire universe was rebuilt from nothing to resemble pre-Secret Wars Earth-616, but with a handful of changes.
>>
>>88083821
That is'nt RYV Peter
>>
File: superior.jpg (206KB, 736x1106px) Image search: [Google]
superior.jpg
206KB, 736x1106px
>>88083878
Superior is the best thing that has happened to Spider-man comics in a decade.
>>
>>88083729
Who do you know that acts like Superman or Batman?
>>88083730
>If your mother comes back from the gave after being dead for years, you mean to tell me you wouldn't be the least bit skeptical?
If I just got back from a multi-dimensional war where I fed space-God my dead mother now being alive would not be an important question for me.
>No, it shows that he doesn't have memory of his mother dying. Otherwise he would have said something referencing the fact that he remembered.
What makes you think that? What facts do you have to support this?
>Yes, clearly, because /Peter's/ reality is the only thing that was altered by him coming to 616. Of course.
It implies nothing about Miles, only Peter.
>Again wrong. Miles has interacted with 1610 Peter and 1610 Peter has been /far/ more influential to his character than 616 Peter has been.
I barely even remember him talking to Tony, a better argument would be "Why isn't Ultimate Cap there?" I don't think Ult Tony did shit for Miles, and Miles had like 3 conversations with Ult Peter and in one of them Peter knocked him the fuck out and the other 2 were just "ayy, good job kid" which is the same shit 616 Peter said.
>>
>>88083850
I read the issue and you're missing the entire point of post Secret Wars III Marvel. None of the heroes remember the Secret Wars III, hense why there is a time gap in the book, the time gap is what Reed and Molecule Man came up with as excuses for what happened while they were on Battleworld. Try reading comics.
>>
>>88083895
>Superior was pretty good.

Yeah, having the entire supporting cast downing stupid pills every issue was absolute loads of fun.

Get the fuck outta here with your shit taste. It is not welcome at all.
>>
>>88083927
>Its painfully obvious Superior is my first Spider-Man comic ever

Instant proof of casual status.
>>
>>88083936
>Try reading comics.

Take some of your own advice. Peter LITERALLY (I'm not being cheeky here, I'm using the actual definition of the word "literally") says he bought it.
>>
>>88083955
>this anon pretending to not be a casual
get mad, fag
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (130KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
130KB, 1440x1080px
>>88083929
>If I just got back from a multi-dimensional war where I fed space-God my dead mother now being alive would not be an important question for me.
He doesn't remember Battleworld, no one does, that's the point.

>What makes you think that? What facts do you have to support this?

He literally says that he forgot why he was surprised when he saw his mom. You're the hasn't shown any evidence.

>It implies nothing about Miles, only Peter.

Yes it does, that's the new history on how they met, are you literally autistic?

>and Miles had like 3 conversations with Ult Peter and in one of them Peter knocked him the fuck out and the other 2 were just "ayy, good job kid" which is the same shit 616 Peter said.

His entire existence literally stems from 1610 Peter. Obviously 1610 Peter was far more influential and far more meaningful to Miles.
>>
>>88083979
Because that's how he remembers it. Reality was altered.
>>
>>88083936
>I read the issue

Why are you such a lying piece of shit?
>>
>>88083927
>superiorfags will never kill themselves
Fuck off with pretending your godawful piece of shit comic was good already .
>>
>>88084063
See >>88084058 that is only reality as the rest of the world perceives it.
>>
>>88084098
No. He bought it during said 8 month time gap.
>>
>>88084039
>He doesn't remember Battleworld, no one does, that's the point.
He remembers enough that his mother being alive is surprising.
>He literally says that he forgot why he was surprised when he saw his mom. You're the hasn't shown any evidence.
He's dodging the question, who is gonna say "why aren't you dead" to their mom?
>Yes it does, that's the new history on how they met, are you literally autistic?
It implies that Peter doesn't remember them meeting pre-Secret Wars, are you literally retarded?
>His entire existence literally stems from 1610 Peter. Obviously 1610 Peter was far more influential and far more meaningful to Miles.
That doesn't mean he, as person, is different in any meaningful way to 616 Peter, the interactions he's had with the two are basically identical.
>>
File: spider-man-superior-006-otto.jpg (42KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-superior-006-otto.jpg
42KB, 400x296px
>>88084075
Peterfags still can't contain their anger
>>
>>88084135
The 8 month time gap was when he was on Battleworld. All that stuff that happened in the universe during that "8 month gap" was just the way Reed explained what happened.
>>
>>88084143
>always has to resort to shitposting because he knows his comic is awful
Get cancer already.
>>
>>88084194
sorry you don't have arguments to fight my amazing smugposting about how Superior lives up to its name
>>
>>88084138
>He remembers enough that his mother being alive is surprising.

At first, to Miles it was all just a bad dream.

>He's dodging the question, who is gonna say "why aren't you dead" to their mom?

Dodging the question from someone coming back to life? Are you high?

It implies that Peter doesn't remember them meeting pre-Secret Wars, are you literally retarded?

Why the hell would /only/ Peter be effected by reality being changed and /not/ the guy who doesn't belong to the reality.

>That doesn't mean he, as person, is different in any meaningful way to 616 Peter

Except it does, the entire purpose of him being Spider-Man is because of 1610 Peter. The two meetings being identical have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>88084221
>sucking even at shitposting
Jesus. This is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. Well, second most pathetic thing after liking garbage that was Superior.
>>
>>88084164
>The 8 month time gap was when he was on Battleworld.

No, it literally wasn't. Battleworld never actually happened. Issue #9 of Battleworld shows that continuity was re-written so the incursions never happened in the first place. The 8 month gap is, well, 8 months from when Black Panther first saw the first Incursion. Its a literal 8 month gap.
>>
>>88084232
Meant to green text the pre-Secret Wars part.
>>
>>88084221
0/10 trolling. Try harder.
>>
>>88084252
>Issue #9 of Battleworld shows that continuity was re-written

That's literally my point. Him getting the Baxter Building is just how the history was rewritten. Miles is proof that they still went through Battleworld, they just have no memory about it. Also, everyone thinking that Reed is dead is also proof.
>>
>>88084252
>Issue #9 of Battleworld
meant Issue #9 of Secret Wars.
>>
>>88084299
>Him getting the Baxter Building is just how the history was rewritten

No. History was re-written to just have Peter being a billionaire and having his company instantly become successful. But DURING that 8 month gap, he bought the Baxter Building.
>>
>>88084324
The 8 month gap was non existent, hense why I said.

>Miles is proof that they still went through Battleworld, they just have no memory about it. Also, everyone thinking that Reed is dead is also proof.
>>
>>88084349
>The 8 month gap was non existent

But it DID exist. That's the point. Its an actual amount of measurable time. Things happened during that 8 month time gap. Its not just perceived to be.
>>
>>88084389
Then explain why people think they saw Reed die despite him actually being alive.
>>
>>88084232
>At first, to Miles it was all just a bad dream
There's nothing that supports or undermines this, so we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
>Dodging the question from someone coming back to life? Are you high?
What the fuck is he supposed to say? "You died from me being Spiderman"?
>Why the hell would /only/ Peter be effected by reality being changed and /not/ the guy who doesn't belong to the reality.
Why did Molecule Man feel the need to keep Miles as Spider-Man? Why bring back only his mom and not his uncle but as a less terrible person? Why did he bring over Judge, Bombshell, and Gold balls but not Ult C&D equivalents without powers?

Molecule Man does whatever the fuck he wants.
>Except it does, the entire purpose of him being Spider-Man is because of 1610 Peter. The two meetings being identical have nothing to do with it.
Ganke was the one who convinced him to be Spiderman though, Miles probably wouldn't have done anything with his powers without Ganke.
>>
>>88084410
Two completely separate issues.
>>
>>88084412
>There's nothing that supports or undermines this, so we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

But there was, otherwise he would have said something about it.

>What the fuck is he supposed to say? "You died from me being Spiderman"?

Something along those lines, you know, acting like an actual person.

>Why did Molecule Man feel the need to keep Miles as Spider-Man? Why bring back only his mom and not his uncle but as a less terrible person? Why did he bring over Judge, Bombshell, and Gold balls but not Ult C&D equivalents without powers?

Because Miles gave him a sandwich.

>Ganke was the one who convinced him to be Spiderman though, Miles probably wouldn't have done anything with his powers without Ganke.

Doesn't change the fact that 1610 Peter was more influential.
>>
File: Joker.png (741KB, 1228x485px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.png
741KB, 1228x485px
>88084339
>he thinks pity replies are anything to be proud of
Die. Or keep being the thread's clown.
>>
>>88084444
It's not, they all think that because he's on Battleworld still. That's how him and Molecule Man set it up. Nice quads by the way.
>>
>>88084412
>Why did Molecule Man feel the need to keep Miles as Spider-Man?

1- Molecule Man doesn't shape realities, he powers them. Franklin shapes them.
2- Because he got a burger.
>>
>>88084498
Can this

>I'm gonna greentext because I don't want to give them a (you) XDDDD

meme die already?
>>
>>88084501
No. Separate issue.

Its no different than how people randomly forgot who Daredevil was. Or how Peter's company was successful over night. We don't know. But those 8 months happened. Or how we STILL don't know what made Thor Odinson unworthy to wield Mjolnir.

Marvel just chose not to disclose how people in this new reality perceived his death.

Franklin, Reed, Sue and Owen Reese exist outside of time, in their own pocket dimension. They aren't part of the multiverse, proper.
>>
>>88084477
>But there was, otherwise he would have said something about it.
He couldn't do that without revealing he's Spider-Man.
>Something along those lines, you know, acting like an actual person.
Capeshit characters don't act like actual people.
>Because Miles gave him a sandwich.
So why is it so hard to believe he let Miles keep his memories?
>Doesn't change the fact that 1610 Peter was more influential.
He was influential to Ganke convincing Miles, Miles only cared about his legacy because Ganke cared. No Ganke, no Miles Spider, Peter barely mattered in it.
>>
>>88084591
>So why is it so hard to believe he let Miles keep his memories?
Because evidence shows he didn't. He EXISTS because of the burger. Burger didn't save his memories.
>>
>>88084591
>Peter barely mattered in it.
This is objectively and factually wrong.
>>
>>88084745
>Because evidence shows he didn't.
Untrue.
>He EXISTS because of the burger. Burger didn't save his memories.
Then why did the burger save his mom and basically everyone else he knew that didn't have a 616 counterpart?
>>88084765
>This is objectively and factually wrong.
It's correct for Miles, if Ganke wasn't around he never would have become Spiderman
>>
>>88082558
You realize that ability to perform well in combat is not a determinate of whether someone has become acclimated to a new reality, right?
>>
>>88082558
>A list of things that have literally nothing to do with adjusting to a new reality

Kek ok
>>
>>88085114
>a change in personality has nothing to do with adjusting
Are you retarded?
>>
>>88085168
You can be angry about anything in life. So yeah, it does have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>88085278
Oh , so you are retarded.
>>
>>88086757
Most ironic post on /co/ right now.
>>
>>88083415

This the only book that sells worse is Gwenpool and everyone hates Gwenpool

Is worst comic. Is cancelled at 14. Get over it waifu fags.
>>
>>88082635
Then there you go. That means you have to actively be reading shit books to see this "shilling" and if you're actively reading shit books then you have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>88087008
That's not how shilling works, anon.
>>
>>88086988
>the only book that sells worse is Gwenpool
Kamala and Nova sell worse last I checked
>>
>>88082138
>Examples of him being unjustly praised in books that aren't shit?

But they're all shit.
>>
>>88083559
You forgot Japanese Spider-Man Anon.
>>
>>88083778
Fair enough, they're incapable of botj beong good at the same time.
>>
>>88082537
because the mix match is not as simple as they put it on tv, anon. like someone said, it only happens with compicated words, or when you are talking long without properly mastering the language, and that shit could take years
>>
>>88081453
>Why can't they bring back best girl and MC2? it was better than the ultimate universe too
because current writers and editors are more interested in pushing their own characters than someone elses. Its that simple.
>>
>>88082389
exactly, didnt even break top 100. Pathetic
>>
Is Miles really the worst selling spider? What are the numbers for all the current runs? I'd imagine at least Silk would be below him, maybe Spider-Gwen as well.
>>
File: 1474625175384.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1474625175384.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88086988
They hate her?
Well they're missing out.
>>
>>88093518
I think Miguel is the worst selling, though I'm not sure his series is still alive

I remember Miles selling around 30k (tough this was before he was shoe-horned into the main universe), which is around Carnage numbers
>>
>>88093518
hey anon, saw you in the other thread FUCKING UP so I figured I would grab a quick number set for you

#8 Amazing Spider-Man 71,599

#8 Spider-Gwen 49,681

#8 Spider-Man 44,745

#8 Silk 30,884

#8 Spider-Man 2099 28,580

#8 Spider-Woman 19,658

>Amazing Spider-Man is Peter Parker
>Spider-Man is Mile's run
>Choosing issue 8 was totally at random, I can find another issue number if you want more data
>>
>>88093821

Thanks, I should pay more attention to my tabs.

>Gwen getting more sales than Miles

Guess that's why she's in the current Clone Conspiracy hanging out with the big boys Peter and Kaine?

>2099 below 30k

Fuggg that worries me as a Miguel fan.

Could you get the latest issue numbers? 2099 is at 19-20 right now so I can only image how it has gotten since then.
>>
>>88093821
>ASM
>doesn't even break 100,000 at the 8th issue after ANOTHER renumbering
That's just fucking pathetic.
>>
>>88094130
When they've been shitting on him for a decade it's not surprising.
>>
>>88094078
From October

#19 Amazing Spider-Man 73,215
#20 Amazing Spider-Man 67,530

#8 Spider-Man 44,745 *

#13 Spider-Gwen 29,346

#16 Spider-Man 2099 20,671

#12 Spider-Woman 16,176

>* There was no spider-man in October, so Spider-Man 8 is from September.
>also two ASM in October.
>>
>>88094411

Welp, RIP Miguel
>>
>>88081453

>he's still in two dozen less issues than Mayday.

he's also not been around for a decade+?
>>
>>88094572
That is at #16

It's possible they might renumber instead of scrapping him entirely, since he was pulling above 25k earlier (as you can see by the #8 above)

Of course, I'm just totally talking out my ass right now, I have no idea what's gonna happen
>>
>>88093821
>>88094411
>>88094647

Mind including Gwenpool and Carnage next time you feel like looking up sales?

Or are they hovering around 30k like I'm guessing?
>>
>>88094939
#7 Gwenpool 34,365

#13 Carnage 18,611

For clarity, Carnage #8 was at 23,697

Fun fact: in September, Gwenpool lost a chunk of readers and dropped down to 25k. Spider-Gwen was at 34k. This month they've swapped around. GP has jumped up 10k readers and SG has dropped 5k

It'll be interesting to see Novembers numbers.
>>
>>88081453
Have you actually read any Spider-Girl? Miles is only guilty of being kinda bland, while 90% of Spider-Girl comics were pretty shit.
>>
>>88095446
Were those issues where Gwenpool didn't have guri...something doing cute art and instead had bad art?

Also, holy shit Carnage
Then again, Carnage just isn't as good as Carnage-man
>>
>>88095737
I don't know, anon. I haven't slept in a few days and I am too lazy to check

#1 100,852
#2 38,162
#3 33,018
#4 33,174
#5 30,232
#6 25,890
#7 34,365
>>
>>88095463
Mayday is the best, kys
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.