[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /co/, I want to go back to mutants but I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hello /co/, I want to go back to mutants but I don't know where to re-start

last things I ready was the last bendis' X-men (Uncanny) with the Scott, Emma, Illyana and the new guys (fuck bendis, it had a chance to be a top tier comic), and the last Magneto solo (legit stuff). Unfortunately a new event was going to start and those two comics ended and I gave up for a while

I want to get into this secret wards/battle world stuff but I don't know how to begin this

Anyone can, please, give me some instructions, maybe a reading order and etc like we used to have to older events (like a prelude/road TO X) -> the whole event and all tie-ins -> x-men vs inhuman stuff.

Thanks in advice!
>>
>>88076015

if you really want to read the secret wars stuff, the x-men ones are X-Men 92, Inferno, Age of Apocalypse, E is for Extinciton, House of M, Old Man Logan, Years of Future's Past, and X-Tinction Agenda.

Old Man Logan is the only one that really leads into the post-Secret Wars X-books.

(Some of) the rest are just fun little minis. Inferno, E is for Extinction and X-men 92 are probably highest in quality.

X-Tinction Agenda is written by Marc Guggenheim who is going to be writing X-MEN GOLD, the next X-Men status quo main series (as far as we know), so if you want to get some idea of how he is with the lore, you can try it out. I wasn't a fan, but Guggenheim is generally weak in my view.
>>
>>88076015
>>88076167

post Secret Wars, you get an 8 month time skip before:
Extraordinary X-Men (Storm lead team of all your favorite classic X-Men)
Uncanny X-Men (Magneto lead X-Force pretty much)
All New X-Men (Time displaced O5 X-Men plus some "fun" newer characters so that the entire cast isn't white)
Old Man Logan
All New Wolverine (X-23 replaces Logan as Wolverine because hes dead)

Jeff Lemire writers OML and Extraordinary, he co-wrote Death of X, and the upcoming Inhumans vs X-Men.
>>
Post Secret Wars, there's also New Avengers, which isn't really an X-book, but stars Sunspot of the New Mutants (other New Mutants show up). Uncanny Avengers also has Rogue and Cable.
>>
>>88076167
>>88076243
>>88076356

Thanks, anons! I'll look for those books and read everything.

Just one more question. The name of this last Marvel big event is Secret Wars (2015), right? Maybe I'll check it all to know what the fuck is really happening on the Marvel universe now.
>>
>>88076438
There's literally no reason to go back to mutants. Bendis and aaron have successfully killed them and the relaunch has given very few people any confidence.
>>
can anyone give me a Longshot or Dazzler rec list?
>>
What X Men comics are running right now? I have not read one since 2007.
>>
>>88076664
All-New Wolverine and Old Man Wolverine
>>
>>88076721
Nothing else?
>>
>>88076015
Bendis did a lot better than some of the runs going today.
If he doesn't measure up to your standards you should just call it quits.
To find out how Cyke ended his "revolution", and why, read The Omega Mutant and Storyville (Uncanny' #25 to #35), and the #600 Uncanny X-Men issue.
If you want the easy version just read the #600'.
You actually can skip Death of X, and both the new All-New X-Men and new Uncanny X-Men with Magneto, but Extraordinary X-Men's first storyline is needed to fully catch up.
Long answer: read everything.
Short answer: read #600' and the first five issues of Extraordinary X-Men.
Magik is the only Bendis Uncanny character to still be a focus anywhere, and that's in Extraordinary.
>>
>>88076477

I know, but we still love mutants so we always have hope, but that fox/marvel bullshit went too far already.

>>88076602
Not sure anon, but we had some Dazzler in the last Uncanny book. Longshot was in Fear Itself iirc, but I remember him mostly from PAD's X-factor (great stuff)
>>
>>88076760
not really worth reading
>>
>>88076765

Oh, as I said, I've read the whole Uncanny and Magneto stuff (but now that you mentioned, I think that I missed the #600, I'm checking for it right now).

Being honest Bendis wasn't THAT bad but I (and I believe almost everyone too) had such a great hype for Rightclops revolution but in the end it was just meh... and that awful time travel with Tempus + Xavier and that new broken mutant.. well...

At least we had a lot of Magik, I really like Magik. Good to know she still on focus.
>>
>>88076865
Uncanny X-men is better than either of the Wolverine solos.
>>
>>88076602
I don't remember everything but for Longshot/Dazzler, the entirety of their time in the Outback? So Fall of the Mutants? Also, Shattershot is pretty cool (it's 4 annuals - UXM,XFac,X4ce and somethign else I think).

Also the Longshot TPB.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.