[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bugs and that squirrel fuck are vandalizing a baseball field

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

File: ForTheLoveOfAcorns8.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ForTheLoveOfAcorns8.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Bugs and that squirrel fuck are vandalizing a baseball field in the middle of a game
>the guy who's trying to stop them is somehow the bad guy
>>
>skipping leg day
>>
>those designs
JUST
>>
Bugs is always funnier and more likable when he's been provoked and his mischief is motivated by revenge and/or survival, not when he's going out of his way to provoke others.
>>
>>88053752
>implying

that episode where he pretends to be some really famous conductor is GOAT
>>
File: image.png (54KB, 404x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
54KB, 404x316px
>>88053511
Bugs actually looked like Bugs and the squirrel was fatter

>gets rid of majority of characters for Bigfoot and a squirrel
>>
>>88053777
Thing he did because revenge against the lead singer
>>
>>88053458
Welcome to Loony Toons! Enjoy your stay!
>>
>>88053837
oh fuck me you're right
>>
File: 1409537249817.jpg (91KB, 365x390px) Image search: [Google]
1409537249817.jpg
91KB, 365x390px
>>88053815

Not as bad as re-desiging Yosemite Sam and making resemble a neckbeard.
>>
>>88053752
Chuck Jones had a rule that Bugs MUST be provoked otherwise he was just a bully.
>>
>>88053752
There was one short where Bugs was the instigator to a gremlin, and he got the shit continuously beat out of him
>>
>>88053777
Leopold!
>>
>>88057841
>>88057841
You mean the gremlin who was actively sabotaging the war effort?
>>
>>88056874
This. Why do people always forget his rules and guidelines?
>>
>>88053458
Why is a professional baseball player trying to stop them? Shouldn't it be a security guard or a groundskeeper?
>>
File: RABBIT-900.jpg (181KB, 900x679px) Image search: [Google]
RABBIT-900.jpg
181KB, 900x679px
>>88056874
>implying this entire episode wasn't about Bugs torturing Daffy for his amusement
>>
>>88057967
Bugs isn't really a character in that story as he's only revealed a few seconds before the end. There is no dynamic of "trickster defeats aggression" which needs to be kept straight. That cartoon is about schadenfreude which is why Daffy is UNlikable.
>>
>>88057901
And in which neither Bugs nor the gremlin really defeated the other, because the plane they were in defied all laws of physics because of rationed gas?
>>
>>88053458
This is why I dislike wabbit
Half the episodes he's just an asshole
Other half he is just mean spirited
It was more in line with tom and jerry
>>
>>88057928
That's what's crazy about most of the wabbit episodes, it doesnt add up who or what is trying to deal with bugs.
I think the only one that adds up correctly was the death episode
>>
>>88057928
Better question is why isn't this Elmer Daffy or Sam as the baseball player.
That's what really makes this show feel weird.
>>
>>88056874
>Chuck Jones had a rule that Bugs MUST be provoked otherwise he was just a bully.

That's bullshit and you're wrong.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer's_Candid_Camera

Jones directed Elmer's Candid Camera, where Fudd is just trying to take wildlife photos and Bugs fucks with him the whole time for no reason.

Jones didn't have any rules about Bugs' behavior, you're just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>88060252
That article explicitly states the rabbit was a Bugs prototype and they were still getting a feel for him. Bugs is at his best when his target has it coming.
>>
>>88060252
Jones developed over time as an animator and director, like most artists.

Perhaps this cartoon led to make this rule? At any rate this is an early cartoon.
>>
>>88057967
And then there was a sequel where Elmer did the same to Bugs.
>>
>>88056874
>Chuck Jones had a rule that Bugs MUST be provoked otherwise he was just a bully.

I think that's one of the most important aspects about Bugs that modern animation writers/boarders tend to forget.

Bugs as a character is always in God Mode. Nothing can faze him or challenge him, he's always one step ahead of the opposition and never loses his smug confidence. He's unbeatable.

A character like that coming out on top is likeable when they're getting even with a bad guy. When they ARE the bad guy, though, then they're just a horrible monster that torments innocent people for no reason and can never be humbled or defeated.

It's why Bugs has had greater lasting power than Woody Woodpecker.
>>
File: its been one of those days.webm (3MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
its been one of those days.webm
3MB, 720x402px
When all of Bugs' recurring arch enemies all show up at once.
>>
File: cecil the tortoise.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cecil the tortoise.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
>>88060534
>Bugs as a character is always in God Mode. Nothing can faze him or challenge him, he's always one step ahead of the opposition and never loses his smug confidence. He's unbeatable.

Well, except when tortoises are involved. Somehow, they manage to beat his ass every time, be it in a footrace or in Bugs trying to deal with lousy customer service.
>>
>>88060920
>Bugs kung-fu fighting
Not a big fan. The comedy seems incidental to action...action in the literal, kinetic sense. Why is Bugs doing this?

I am surprised they got away with the cartoon ethnic jokes with the leprechaun in this day and age. I guess Irish don't have professional grievance merchants.
>>
>>88061042

And then there was the part where Cecil held Bugs at gunpoint in that one episode.
>>
>>88061217
>I am surprised they got away with the cartoon ethnic jokes with the leprechaun in this day and age.

Irish people are white and whites can't complain about racism since they aren't a minority.

Same reason we can still have hillbillies and rednecks in out cartoons. Ethnic stereotypes are OK as long as they're white.
>>
>>88058883
they forgot that other characters exist
>>
>>88060534
>A character like that coming out on top is likeable when they're getting even with a bad guy. When they ARE the bad guy, though, then they're just a horrible monster that torments innocent people for no reason and can never be humbled or defeated.

Which is why I can't even watch Tom & Jerry without fuming from all my holes.

God fuck that stupid fucking mouse someone shoot Chuck Jones.
>>
>>88061637
But a enmity between cats and mice is assumed and mice are the underdog.
>>
File: make the flight.webm (2MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
make the flight.webm
2MB, 720x402px
>>88061309
They're around.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>88061298
Not true. It's why they redesigned the Lucky Charms Leprechaun to look (and act) like a fucking Adventure Time refugee
>>
>>88062005
Wow, what a stand-up fellow Porky is.
>>
>>88060252
>using an example where fudd wasn't even a hunter yet and neither character was fully developed
Here's a (you), you stupid fuck
>>
>>88061298
>Ethnic stereotypes are OK as long as they're white.

It's why the "thrifty Scotsman" is still used in commercials and cartoons, but the "greedy Jew" stereotype is verboten in all things but adult comedies.
>>
>>88060534
>When they ARE the bad guy, though, then they're just a horrible monster that torments innocent people for no reason and can never be humbled or defeated.

Most Pepe Le Pew cartoons don't work for that very reason. He's clearly the antagonist tormenting an innocent character that never did anything wrong, and most of his cartoons end with him cornering them some place, putting up a "do not disturb" sign and locking the door. The only Pepe cartoons that ever worked are the ones where Penelope turns the tables on him at the end, because it's a case of the antagonist getting his just desserts.
>>
>>88061637
But Tom wins sometimes in T&J shorts though.
>>
>>88061637
>>88062683

You kinda have to not watch Tom & Jerry cartoons in a vacuum one short at a time. Yeah, Jerry instigates some of the time and wins most of the time, but you have to remember that in almost as many cartoons Tom is the instigator and downright villain.

But so far as "Tom wins sometimes" goes, you can probably count those shorts on one hand.
>>
>>88062683
>>88062720
>>88061746

Yeah I see what you guys mean.

But goddamn do I fucking hate that cartoon.

At least Wil E. and the Roadrunner are fucking funny as shit.
>>
File: daff.webm (2MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
daff.webm
2MB, 720x402px
>>
>>88062747
How the fuck is Tom and Jerry not funny though, being absolutely serious?
I fucking hate Jerry too, but the brilliance in the visual gags of the MGM shorts really does show, and it is funny.
>>
>>88062091
Jesus fucking christ why
>>
>>88062091

Does he no longer have an Irish accent?
>>
>>88060534
>>88061637

What I like about Oggy and the cockroaches(pretty much a french Tom & Jerry)is that Oggy the cat usually wins after being bullied and attacked by the cockroaches
>>
>>
>>88063040
the animation sucks tho
>>
>>88062622
>Most Pepe Le Pew cartoons don't work for that very reason. He's clearly the antagonist tormenting an innocent character that never did anything wrong, and most of his cartoons end with him cornering them some place, putting up a "do not disturb" sign and locking the door. The only Pepe cartoons that ever worked are the ones where Penelope turns the tables on him at the end, because it's a case of the antagonist getting his just desserts.

Pepe cartoons were never supposed to be funny or good, they were just an outlet for Chuck Jones' fetishes.
>>
>>88062798

The characters just kill it for me.

I won't lie all the mishaps and and gags are funny.

But goddamn I just wanna take all the fucking characters out back and Ol' Yeller them.

Except the Nana cause das racis
>>
>>88062798

Next to maybe Barney Bear, the Tom & Jerry cartoons were the least funny of MGM's theatrical shorts.

Droopy, Screwy Squirrel or just any fuckin thing by Tex Avery was a hundred thousand times better than Tom & Jerry.
>>
>>88063088
>Pepe cartoons were never supposed to be funny or good
They were both funny and good. If you mess with the skunk you mess with me so put up your dukes
>>
>>88063113
>>88063167
Kill yourselves you fucking plebs.
Tex Avery is great though.
>>
>>88062757
It's still incredible they brought back goofball Daffy.

But you know what?

I'd go for the middle between the one made by Bob Clampett/Tex Avery and the one by Chuck Jones.

Also if he once a while achieved something nice.
>>
File: 1475542521125.jpg (45KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
1475542521125.jpg
45KB, 390x390px
>>88063088
>Penelope turns the tables on him at the end, because it's a case of the antagonist getting his just desserts.
>that short where she locks up Pepe after he gets painted and she dirtied
>that short where he accidentally makes a love potion from mixing perfumes

literally my fetish thank you Chuck Jones
>>
>>88063215
I don't have a fetish for it but Pepe being defeated are always great endings.
>>
File: The_Wacky_World_of_Tex_Avery.jpg (14KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
The_Wacky_World_of_Tex_Avery.jpg
14KB, 250x188px
>>88063181
?
>>
File: bugsbunny.jpg (77KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
bugsbunny.jpg
77KB, 720x540px
>>88053511
How have they failed to follow up on the 40s and 50s designs Clampett and Jones designs and animation?!

It's been half a century.
>>
>>88053495
>Being a baseball player and skipping leg day

Isn't half the sport running and depth perception?
>>
>>88065090
Animation studios wanted quick to make and easy to animate designs for syndication. It works for semi-original properties, but it looks weird with Looney Tunes.
>>
>>88058883
The old shorts had Bugs go up against a lot of non-iconic antagonists too. That's one of the few things the show did right.
>>
>>88064883
Well what you just posted is one giant, 65 episodes long homage to the real Tex Avery.
>>
>>88065200
It doesn't look good for any of the Warner Bros. reboots desu
That Tom and Jerry show looks stiff as fuck
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.