[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, uh, Riverdale is a thing >"Archie Andrews is sti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: riverdale-cover.jpg (342KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
riverdale-cover.jpg
342KB, 800x400px
So, uh, Riverdale is a thing
>"Archie Andrews is still the all-American teen, but the summer's events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music - not follow in his dad's footsteps-despite the sudden end of his forbidden relationship with Riverdale's young music teacher, Ms. Grundy."

pffffffffffffft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekHpQRGo8TI
>>
Cherry, what have they done to you playa? It's not really their fault though, beauties are real hard to come-by.
I'm really liking the other cast members, although Jughead looks way too attractive.
>>
>>88039138
black josie killed my interest
>>
>>88039478
Just pretend shes Valerie
>>
>>88039551
not that guy but all pussycats are black.
>>
>>88039998
Pretend they're all Valerie
>>
>>88039138
I'm giving this a shot, just to see how much they fuck it up to try and be modern. May be an entertaining trainwreck.
>>
>>88039478
You finally got your hot male "redhead" protagonist tho
>>
>>88039138
>archie isn't a redhead
>jughead looks like a cunt
>no best girl in sight
What the fuck is this shit
>>
File: riverdale.jpg?w=780.jpg (70KB, 780x469px) Image search: [Google]
riverdale.jpg?w=780.jpg
70KB, 780x469px
>>88041089
high school twin peaks
>>
>>88039138
So is the actual show going to be as edgy as the trailer and promotuonal material made it look. I really wanted a funny and charming yet self aware show that captured the spirit of the comics
>>
>>88041359
Here's something from Wikipedia:
>Cole Sprouse as Jughead Jones – "A philosophically bent heartthrob who was once the best friend of Archie, who is still dealing with the rift that came between them."

whaddaya think?
>>
>>88041535
Well at least we know that the actor can do funny, right? Honestly as long as my Jughead/burgers OTP is still cannon I'm fine with it.

What do you want to bet that the rift is that he came out and Archie didn't take it well?
>>
So literally this, but not as a joke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8

Eh, might be good.
>>
Still not sure who exactly wanted this series.
>>
>>88041535
Wait, isn't that Ross' son from Friends?
>>
>>88042396
Dunno about that, but he's one of the twins from Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
>>
File: plutia_what.jpg (73KB, 362x298px) Image search: [Google]
plutia_what.jpg
73KB, 362x298px
>Archie tries for decades to maintain a family friendly image
>suddenly Betty and Veronica are bisexual sluts and their token gay friend is fucking older dudes on Grindr.
>>
>>88042570
Betty and Veronica are bisexual in this? Sauce?

Because at this point a threesome is really the only good way to end the love triangle.
>>
>>88042325
They replaced is love of burgers for is love for drugs. I wish I was kidding
>>
>>88042690
They kiss in the pilot episode. It was in the leaked script.
>>
>>88042700
What.
>>
>>88042396
>>88042410
iirc the Sprouse twins both played Ross' son to get around those pesky labor laws on small children. Like how the Olsen Twins played one character for years.
>>
>>88042734
They also took turns playing Adam Sandlers kid in Big Daddy.
>>
>>88042708
Was it in the good "best friends becoming more" way, or the shitty cliched "girls trying to look hot in spin the bottle" way?
>>
>>88043155
The latter.
>>
>>88042778
I honestly did not recognize the name. Wow.
>>
File: Big Four.jpg (87KB, 634x463px) Image search: [Google]
Big Four.jpg
87KB, 634x463px
The character bios that are often posted. Not gonna do one-by-ones like the other guy, tho.

>ARCHIE ANDREWS (K.J. Apa) I Archie is an intense and conflicted high school sophomore, who is still boyishly handsome but got pumped after working construction for his dad during the summer. He is grappling with heavy issues and juggling the unexpected interest of several girls while discovering his passion for writing and performing music against his father and his football coach’s better wishes. He harbors more than one dark, terrible secret.

>BETTY COOPER (Lili Reinhart) I Betty is a pretty sophomore with self-esteem issues and affinity for Adderall. Eager-to-please, wholesome and studious, Betty has crush on her longtime best friend, Archie. But tired of being the "perfect" everything, she turns to her new friend, Veronica, for life advice. Betty hails from a dysfunctional family and has a coveted spot on the cheerleading squad — though with certain conditions.

>VERONICA LODGE (Camilla Mendes) I A silver-tongued stunner, Veronica has just returned to Riverdale from New York with her divorcee mother, following a scandal which resulted in her father going to prison. Extremely intelligent, self-confident and immediately popular, Veronica is a sophomore and is eager to reinvent herself — from Mean Girl to caring friend. She quickly develops an intense mutual attraction with Archie, but is reluctant to act on it due to her new friend Betty's own interest in Archie.

>JUGHEAD JONES (Cole Sprouse) I Jughead is a hearing-impaired, caffeine-addict, sullen heartthrob with a philosophical bent. The lanky lad is Archie’s former best friend, seeing as the two still are smarting from a rift that took place between them. Angry, Jughead refuses to take the olive branch being proffered by Archie, the hurt goes that deep.
>>
>>88043247
Aw fuck
>>
>>88043421
>Hearing impaired

...okay sure, but why?
>>
File: Rest of the gang.jpg (675KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Rest of the gang.jpg
675KB, 2048x1365px
>JOSIE McCOY (Ashleigh Murray) I Josie is a gorgeous, snooty and ambitious sophomore, and the lead singer for popular band Josie and the Pussycats, which also includes her friends Valerie Brown and Melody Valentine. She has zero interest in recording any songs written by fellow teen Archie, but that won't stop him from trying.

>CHERYL BLOSSOM (Madelaine Petsch) I This fiery redhead is rich, entitled and never accountable. A manipulative mean girl who kills with kindness, she recently lost her twin brother Jason Blossom, with whom she shared a particularly close and intimate relationship, in a mysterious accident.

>REGGIE MANTLE (Ross Butler) I The town prankster, Reggie is a wealthy and sarcastic sophomore who fashions himself as the big man on campus, feeling threatened by Rise's sudden popularity, Reggie vows to destroy his newfound nemesis.

>KEVIN KELLER (Casey Cott) I Betty's cheerful, openly homosexual, quick-witted friend, Kevin struggles to mend fences with his conservative father, who refuses to accept his son's lifestyle, and is looking for love in all the wrong places.

>MOOSE MASON (Cody Kearsley) I The star player of Riverdale High's football team, Moose becomes fast friends with Archie when he decides to join the team.
>>
File: Ms. Grundy.jpg (282KB, 800x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Ms. Grundy.jpg
282KB, 800x1072px
>FRED ANDREWS (Luke Perry) I Archie's father, Fred is a generally easygoing owner of the family construction company, who hopes Archie will take over the business one day. However, he is not without skeletons in his closet.

>HERMIONE LODGE (Marisol Nichols) I Veronica's seductive, equally silver-tongued mother, who returns to Riverdale in search of new and better prospects after he husband's scandalous imprisonment.

>HAL COOPER (Lochlyn Munro) I Betty's father, Hal is a succesful pharmacist and supportive of his daughter's endeavors, but disapproves of her blossoming relationship with Archie.

>ALICE COOPER (Madchen Amick) I Betty's distant, emotionally brittle mother, Alice is a succesful newspaper publisher and has a tempestuous relationship with her daughter, upon whom she imposes exceedlingly high expectations.

>POP TATE (Alvin Sanders) I The soulful and humorous owner of the local hangout place that attracts the teens of Riverdale, Pop is always ready to lend a helping hand to the kids.

>GERALDINE GRUNDY (Sarah Habel) I A dedicated but lonely music teacher at Riverdale High, Ms. Grundy soon finds herself in a forbidden relationship with Archie, one of her students.

>HUBERT SMITHERS (Tom McBeath) I The Lodge family's dutiful butler who accompanies Veronica and Hermione to Riverdale, and has an agenda of his own.
>>
>>88042700
At least he still has the hat, right?
>>
>>88043674
I envy your optimism but with thing like this:
>>88043606
>GERALDINE GRUNDY (Sarah Habel) I A dedicated but lonely music teacher at Riverdale High, Ms. Grundy soon finds herself in a forbidden relationship with Archie, one of her students.
>>
>>88043802
Oh CW, can't you just leave me to salvage the remains of my childhood in peace? Is that so much to ask?
>>
>>88039138
>let's make archie DRAMATIC
This is going to be awful.

Also is that picture accurate, did they really cast a black women as Josie? Because there's already a black member of the band.
>>
>>88044432
The three members of the band are black in this.
>>
>>88044432
I mean, Archie drama has been done really well in the past (Afterlife being the best example), but this looks like it's trying to be shocking for the sake of it, especially given the source material.
>>
>>88044547
Is Sabrina going to be Indian too?
>>
>>88044675
She's not in this as far as we know. Shouldn't be surprising really, if jugghead's hat is too farfetched for them i cant see them getting anywhere close to Sabrina. Dilton is asian but that should go without saying at this point.
>>
>>88043247
Goddamn it, I want a threesome end at least.
>>
What if episode one is this dark CW drama that's nothing like Archie. Then at the end Jughead wakes up surrounded by cheese burger wrappers and it turns out it was a nightmare and the real show is more light hearted
>>
File: um1bqjsfemuriht5gfeh.jpg (74KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
um1bqjsfemuriht5gfeh.jpg
74KB, 800x450px
Getting a comic series too.

A prequel one shot, followed by a series. (We're the one shot orders that good?)
>>
>>88039138
Is the side by side confusing everyone else? I'm looking at that picture and wondering why Jughead has red hair or Josie looks like Luke Perry.
>>
>>88039138

Will It have Jughead doing his Hipping and Hopping like the last live-action Archie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw
>>
>>88039138
>Black Josie

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

you already turned one of them black. fuck diversity, riverdale is a white town

y'all folk arent welcome here

also jug is too attractive and cheryl isnt attractive enough
>>
>>88043505
>>MOOSE MASON (Cody Kearsley) I The star player of Riverdale High's football team, Moose becomes fast friends with Archie when he decides to join the team.

What the hell they took out the line about him liking MILFs.
>>
>>88044675
That would be hot.
>>
>>88043802
Well CW has all the DC stuff going on.
Maybe Ms. Grundy will have an uncle Solomon.
>>
>>88044782
Sabrina is on the table though if I remember right.
>>
>>88045070
>Adultswim will never be able to air this on april fools so we can get a better rip on the internet

A damn shame.
>>
File: how_embarrassing.jpg (12KB, 158x240px) Image search: [Google]
how_embarrassing.jpg
12KB, 158x240px
>>88045070
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

jesus christ, people say this a lot in exaggeration, but this is truly, in all seriousness, the cringiest thing I've ever seen. I've never been able to finish it.
>>
>>88046287
You don't think a balding middle aged guy making grunting sounds and telling a little girl to put her "ever-loving junk in mine" wouldn't make the 10 year old girl fall in love with you and everybody in the park clap?
>>
>>88039138
>black josie
for what purpose
>>
>>88047228
Why not?
>>
>>88039138
>no sabrina
dropped
>>
>Grimdark and edgy remake
I dont know whats worse this or the fact that they made rita repulsa a tranny
>>
>>88042700
>yfw they play it for laughs anyway
"MAN I SURE DO LOVE DRUGS. WOULD ANYBODY LIKE TO SMOKE THE DRUGS WITH ME?"
>>
File: jughead eats ethel.png (2MB, 1000x3077px) Image search: [Google]
jughead eats ethel.png
2MB, 1000x3077px
>>88047251
they're saving her for the big reveal at the end of the season.

We're going afterlife with Archie next season.
>>
>>88043505
Wasn't Kevin's dad accepting of him being gay in the comics?
>>
>>88041089
>>jughead looks like a cunt

So, perfect casting?
>>
>>88047579
For a gay faggot Kevin Keller lacks any drama. Heck, a piece of white bread is plainer then him.

Other then being gay he has absolutely no personality. His parents are accepting. Bigotry doesn't exist in Riverdale(despite 40's archies being racist as fuck).

Who would have thought that the only thing worse then being a faggot was being a boring faggot!
>>
>>88039138
GRUNDY WANT PANTS TOO
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.