[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

what went wrong?
>>
>>88031539
They took him out of the avengers where he was free to be the fun guy, since there were always three other super scientists around at any given time, and tosses him back in the x-ghetto to stagnate for decades. Then they made him go full retard.

Fuckers broke up one of the best superhero friendships in marvel.
>>
became a race traitor because
>m-muh science guise!!!
seriously fuck him, what a literal fucking piece of cuck garbage
>>
File: cuzzos.jpg (69KB, 381x347px) Image search: [Google]
cuzzos.jpg
69KB, 381x347px
They never retconned him into being cousins with Wolverine, The Owl, and Deathbird
>>
>>88031539
Wait what happened to Hank?
>>
>>88031842

he became a massive douche-canoe
>>
>>88031539
Bendis happened and threw a temper tantrum so he wouldn't be a cat anymore
>>
File: IMG_5263.jpg (349KB, 1192x687px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5263.jpg
349KB, 1192x687px
>>88031539
They split them up.
>>
>>88031857
>>88031611
What's with marvel and making their characters intentionally unpleasant and suddenly hating friends they've been with for decades?
>>
>>88031901
They think that it's good writing.
>>
>>88031901
Bendis took over the avengers a long time ago and made everyone a mess.
>>
>>88031857
But why? He was the lovable furball who could also help with anything the group needed because of his smarts and charm.
Why do people believe that everyone are total assholes even to people that they've known and fought alongside with for years?
>>
>>88032020
See>>88031901
>>88031930
>>88032018
>>
File: bat-beast.jpg (71KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
bat-beast.jpg
71KB, 500x564px
>>88032020
It really is weird. He just got into this power tug-of-war struggle between him and Cyclops because he found out Cyclops had a black ops team assigned for assassinations. He just became anti-Cyclops from then on. Defied him at every turn, called him a poopy-head all the time and joined in with Wolverine to form their own hypocritical version of Xavier's Institute, away from Scott and his possie.

He then a holier-than-thou douchebag whose latest antic brought the original 5 X-Men to the current timeline for selfish, retarded reasons.

He's just a cunt now.
>>
Cyle was doing some seedy things and Hank didn't like it. So he walked out. He was lost to Right at that point.

Honestly, having just read it in the storytime, I thought it was pretty organic.

Going forward, he doubled down on his mistakes and when Scott became proven more Right, Hank got even more stubborn. He did show up during Second Coming though, so I think to call him a race traitor is unfair. His failing is that he had dedicated so much time to finding a scientific cure to the vanished X-gene, that he couldn't take the leap of faith to trust the cosmic murderbird.

In short, Beast never gave up on mutants, but he was not Right in the way he sought to save them. So, yes Beast was Wrong, but not a race traitor.

As much as I like Wolverine, if any one is the race traitor, he is.

Also, he might be retarded because attempting to kill Hope wouldn't have worked as she'd have just mimic'd his healing factor.
>>
>>88031539
Big guy of the ream
>Not the strong one
>Not super durable either
>No healing factor
>Not much help of any kind when he does get into a fight

He the physical type that has zero capacity to do much of anything when he gets involved. He is basically just an acrobatic type with only one of Spider-Man's powers and cannot do a whole lot against guys that shoot things, or are really strong, just about any evil mutant for the most part.

They could have at least played up the super science part some more and made him the X-Men's go to science guy with robot stuff, rays that shoot nearly anything etc. But they had Forge for all of that already. So anything Beast is good at, he is still #2 or lower at it.

>Nightcrawler already does the blue acrobatic guy better.
>All the other feral types do it better, Wolverine, Wolfsbane, Sabertooth, Talon,
>Essentially nothing on the big strong guy scale
>Any other smart guy is smarter than him, and he never really shows off the smart guy thing much outside of occasionally wearing a white lab coat before taking it off and jumping on things in an attempt to be helpful
>>
File: Avengers (1963-1996) 198-001.jpg (2MB, 1817x2530px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1963-1996) 198-001.jpg
2MB, 1817x2530px
>>88031611
>>88031887
I also think Grant Morrison's characterization of him had a bad impact. Giving him the new look but also making him more of a prissy intellectual. After that you'd pretty much never know he used to be a bouncing fun-loving guy.

But yeah, the best Beast is Avengers Beast. He's never been as popular anywhere else.
>>
What really doesnt make sense is that Hank turned on Cyclops because of the X-Force assasination squad. But then he teamed-up with Wolverine against Scott, knowing that Wolverine had been leading the squad all along and had been a self-proclaimed killer ever since he was first introduced.
So the logic appears to be, if a murderer keeps on killing people well whatever he's always been like that I can still be friends with him. But if a good guy becomes a murderer oh god how could you me and the other murderer are super dissapointed on you
>>
>>88032804
Because Wolverine can do whatever the fuck he wants.

When Cyclops sells what Wolverine sells he can have the reason.
>>
>>88033045
Wolverine sucks tho
>>
>>88033121
You don't have to tell me. I've always liked Cyclops over Wolverine.

And I did like Wolverine, back in the day.
>>
>>88033121
No, Cyclops sucks and only cucks like him
>>
>>88033121
Sucks less than Cyclops.
>>
I never knew Cyclops had fans. Even when all things X-Men were huge in the 90's no one ever really liked Cyclops. But he was the leader guy who he was always there in every incarnation of the team in media.
>>
>>88033396
Only people on /co/ like Cyclops because they're /co/ntrarians
>>
>>88033426
I feel like that's the only way to like the guy.

Uptight rule abiding douche with shitty powers. Not exactly made to be liked by many.
>>
File: cyclops-xvs.gif (7KB, 192x223px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops-xvs.gif
7KB, 192x223px
>>88033396
>Even when all things X-Men were huge in the 90's no one ever really liked Cyclops.
He was awesome in video games, then later on, awesome in the cartoon. Then he became a fucking awesome leader under Whedon and Morrison. Then they shat on him.
>>
>>88033396
/co/ is filled with contrarians and old people that grew up with old comics where he's a mary-sue and several major plotlines revolve around him.

>It's a Mr.Sinister episode
>It's an Apocalipse tries to take Cyclops's body episode
>It's a don't talk to me or my son from the future episode
>It's a don't talk to me or my daughter from the future episode
>It's a don't talk to me or my son's clone from the future episode
>It's a my girlfriend is a special chicken from space episode
>>
Always sucks being a fan of one of the more obscure background X-Men who are commonly left out of movies, tv series, and only occasionally appear for an ensemble pic.
>>
>>88031539
MGH
>>
>>88033715

I disagree
What made Cyclops popular was becoming the leader of the X-Men with Jean death and Emma Frist as his woman.

before that, Storm was as much the leader of the X-Men as him, and he was a tidy soldier of his father figure, Xavier.
Cyclops popularity is post year 2000. It is impossible to understand why people like Cyclops now by watching the 90s fox cartoon.

if these were real people instead of comic characters, I would think that since Emma Frost knew she would never be fully trusted and accepted, she used Cyclops to become leader of the X-Men in the shadows.
>>
>>88033715
>It's a don't talk to me or my son's clone from the future episode
Stryfe?
>It's a don't talk to me or my son from an alternate timeline episode
>>
>>88036871
Might be Nate Grey, but son's clone fits Stryfe better.
>>
>>88033508
Yeah, what this guy said.
Really, even if Marvel had managed to EFFECTIVELY AND CONSISTENTLY show Cyclops as a monster, they'd still be swinging over a good couple of years of stories in recent history, and nearly 2 decades of OPTIC BLAST

>>88033715
>It's a my girlfriend is a special chicken from space episode
Hold on, isn't that an Xavier episode too?
>>
>>88033045
Wolverine's solo isn't that big though. Yeah, I guess he can at least hold a solo, but Cyclops is an inherently much more team focused character and a "solo" would be missing that.
>>
>>88031539
Morrison turned him into a cat, and a bit of a cunt, and then after House of M, Marvel was pretty much in permanent "how can we fuck up the X-Men now?" and they decided to over time turn the dial from "bit of a cunt" to "full blown race traitoring wanker"
>>
>>88031795
Okay. who let John Byrne onto the internet?
>>
>>88037435
Is this some reference I'm not getting?
>>
>>88032804
>What really doesnt make sense is that Hank turned on Cyclops because of the X-Force assasination squad. But then he teamed-up with Wolverine against Scott, knowing that Wolverine had been leading the squad all along and had been a self-proclaimed killer ever since he was first introduced.

Also, Wolverine just kept on running the murder squad after schism, and Beast himself was on the sketchy black ops Secret Avengers around the same time.
>>
File: beasttrustedscott.png (902KB, 567x655px) Image search: [Google]
beasttrustedscott.png
902KB, 567x655px
>>88031634
>fuck him

no. fuck you.
>>
File: hankwasright.jpg (145KB, 631x457px) Image search: [Google]
hankwasright.jpg
145KB, 631x457px
>>88031842
cyclops decided to keep secrets

>>88031857
pic related
>>
File: beasttrustedscott1.png (1012KB, 971x622px) Image search: [Google]
beasttrustedscott1.png
1012KB, 971x622px
>>88032155
cyclops betrayed his trust

don't fuck with smart people
>>
File: beasttrustedscott3.png (1MB, 1056x655px) Image search: [Google]
beasttrustedscott3.png
1MB, 1056x655px
>>88032256
>>
>>88031539
Bendis
>>
>>88032330
>essentially nothing on the strong guy scale

i thought he could lift 10 tons, anon

>nightcrawler better than beast at agility
beast is just as acrobatic if not better than nightcrawler.
>>
>>88032804
because atleast wolverine was upfront about it

scott was a little bitch and tried to keep it a secret as long as possible, thus giving hank a reason to think he was hiding other things.

scott got pissed at xavier for keeping secrets about the danger room being an A.I., but as soon as scott was in charge, he committed the same sins that xavier was committing. beast didn't like that, beast knew that cyclops was keeping secrets, and that was more dangerous than any super villain because it created division
>>
File: sandmangoblin7.jpg (544KB, 1326x1032px) Image search: [Google]
sandmangoblin7.jpg
544KB, 1326x1032px
>>88037447
He made it so Norman Osborn and Sandman were cousins, simply because they had the same hairstyle
>>
File: deathofboomboom.png (1MB, 1161x604px) Image search: [Google]
deathofboomboom.png
1MB, 1161x604px
>>88037400
orly
>>
>>88040398
>do my bidding for me
>oh you're a freethinking furball that refuses to sieg heil
>>
>>88031611

Hank and Simon were the best.
>>
>>88032455
Why do you want to make me cry?
>>
>>88040398
>clayton forrester and tv's frank.png
>>
File: 11200791468902990.jpg (178KB, 624x673px) Image search: [Google]
11200791468902990.jpg
178KB, 624x673px
>>88040334
That's not it.
It simply can't be it, and here's why:
Wolverine wasn't up front about it, it came out during Second Coming, but before then Hank was aware that Cyke and Logan were keeping secrets from him, both of them, but after everything came out and it was thought all over with Logan had to reveal (because of a resurrected Angel and Baby Apocalypse) that he, Logan, had started these lies up all over again.
So it wasn't about any degree of honesty.

But yes, Scott was a little bitch hiding other things too...

But Xavier is/was a monster. He was keeping as many secrets, many of them worse than what Scott was hiding, people died, brains were raped, characters were enslaved, and Beast was made complicit just like every other X-Man.
But still, Xavier has Hanks complete respect and loyalty right up until the end.
Those lies caused division too, those moral compromises undermined the entire purpose of the X-Men as well.
And Scott got more pissed about Xavier's crimes than anyone else because Scott was often the biggest victim of them.
That Hank doesn't care about that is fucked up.
>>
>>88042428
Hank respected Scott and Xavier both. Don't fucking lie.

see
>>88039973
>>
>>88042922
Hank yelled and spit in Scott's face during Kurt's funeral procession.
That's not respect.
At the time of that pic ( >>88039973 ) Xavier had been reveled as having covered up the deaths of students, enslaving a conscious being, and participated in the brainraping of the entire planet during House of M.
How pleasant and cordial Hank is being to him there, after those things were revealed, is a measure of how little he ever respected Scott by comparison.
Both Scott and Xavier were responsible for X-Men deaths, both lied about what they were doing and had done, both undermined the core mission of the X-Men, but Xavier didn't do any of those things for the sake of mutantkind's survival. And Hank still pleasantly converses with Xavier, a still loyal member of his X-Men.
That's how little he respects Scott.
>>
Xmen threads are
INTENSE
>>
>>88031539
he stopped being gay
>>
>>88045826
Emma said that he was never gay, she knew the same way Young Jean could tell Bobby was gay, Hank was just trolling his newly ex girlfriend with that.
Doesn't matter anyway, his next girlfriend was a green-haired half-alien furry.
That's way more gay.
>>
>>88040033

you're also forgetting about when Hank got kidnapped by Osborn and HAMMER.

and then freaked out that Cyclops didn't rescue him earlier, so he got tortured.

forgetting that he was spooning Abigail Brand while Scott was fucking tortured to death in Astonishing X-Men,.
>>
>>88046117
That's such a lie...

Scott wasn't tortured to death!
He died, was resurrected, and THEN tortured.
In all the many many times Scott was tortured horribly over the years he never died.
>>
>>88046291
>>
>>88044867
>That's not respect.
Are you the same anon that got repeatedly btfo over how Scott and Logan do in fact respect each other last week.
kek, what a sorry sack of shit you are.
>>
>>88046344
No psycho, I'm not your imaginary pen pal.

And now I feel embarrassed for you.

Are you really that lonely? That you need that?
That's sad.
>>
>>88044867
>if you don't choose scott's side only, you're against cyclops
>you can't respect xavier and scott at the same time

you're a dumbass
>>
>>88046320
he died for our sins
>>
File: emma.png (488KB, 580x562px) Image search: [Google]
emma.png
488KB, 580x562px
Hey guys let's blame Beast for having the humanity to still try to be friends with Xavier

Hey guys let's blame Beast for having the humanity to still try to be friends with Scott

oh scott threw it in his face repeatedly because he's a codependent beta with a psychic fetish who can't feel manly without keeping life or death secrets from his friends? imagine.
>>
File: whywolves.png (161KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
whywolves.png
161KB, 400x225px
Xavier: "Scott, how come you didn't keep me in the loop and communicate?"
Scott: "FUCK OFF XAVIER"

Hank: "Hey Scott, I want to help you find Bishop, but-"
Scott: "FUCK OFF UNTIL THE NEXT TIME I NEED YOU HANK"

Hank: "Hey Scott and Emma, we should keep secrets from each other"
Scott: "Hank is right"
Emma: "FUCK OFF SCOTT"

Magneto: "Cyclops, i want to help"
Cyclops: "whatever!"

Magneto: "Cyclops, the island was about to sink in to the ocean and Namor and I, well we fixed the problem for you and we could be allies with the atlanteans, we won't have to be alone anymore. I'm sorry i didn't ask you first but-"
Scott: "FUCK YOU FOR TRYING TO HELP, MAGNETO"

Magneto: "Cyclops, we should send the O5 back where they came from"
Cyclops: "FUCK YOU THAT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER"
lol it's not even the mutants dying off and cultish demands for worshipping him as a leader... the reason cyclops can be compared to hitler is because he refused to listen to his advisers.
>>
>>88048455
Your little shoop panel doesn't prove jack shit. Why did you even bother posting it?
Hank's bullshit is about more than being a dick to Summers, and he has been a monumental dick to him, but he didn't just abandon him, he abandoned all the X-Men, and it wasn't the first time. He's always tried to not be seen as a mutant, he's ashamed of it. That's what his stint with the Avengers was, hanging out with Wanda and Pietro, two other mutants who were ashamed of their heritage.
Xavier has hurt the X-Men again and again over the years, including Hank, and always expected everyone to forgive him without question, Hank's not the only one to still look the other way, but every time he "has the humanity to still try to be friends..." he's condoning the behavior.
At least with Scott he has the backbone to say when something is morally abhorrent.
But that becomes pure hypocrisy when he still forgives Xavier for the same things, and worse. THAT'S what you're not getting.
>>
>>88049203
>doesn't prove anything
it proves cyclops is fucking codependent on female psychics. he's never gone stag in his life. he refused to let go of a moniker for a romantic relationship instead of a collaborative approach with his teammates. it proves, for one thing, that emma was still manipulating him and doing whatever she could to keep him in a mindset of dictatorship over the others.

>taking a leave when clearly cyclops couldn't be bothered when beast's input is abandonment
try again

>hanging out with wanda and pietro
you mean when they joined other humans and set an example of mutants and humans working together which was the entire goal, the whole fucking point?

>when he still forgives xavier for the same things and worse
what did xavier do that was worse?

what part of "don't keep secrets from your allies" don't YOU understand? you don't get shit, anon. USS Liberty was destroyed by Israel. if Israel had kept it a "secret" from the u.s. does that make you think that Israel is a good ally to the U.S.?

let me get this straight, shithead. if someone keeps a secret from you, do you automatically start revering them as a leader?

like if you were in the fucking trenches, and you started hearing gunfire from BEHIND YOU, and your CO said "don't worry about it, look at the rats chewing on your comrades' corpses and get ready for the next charge" you'd just do what he says?

if you ask your significant other "hey, may i see your cell phone" to which they pick up their phone, delete all the text message threads, and then say "here ya go! i've got nothing to hide!" you'd just shrug it off?
>>
>>88050475
*couldn't be bothered with*
>>
>>88048455
>>88049203

"alpha" is stupid and dangerous bullshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4UMyTnlaMY
>>
>>88050475
you need to calm the fuck down and stop taking the bait
you shit up the thread nobody's posting
>>
>>88050560
you just posted
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.