[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had never read any capes up until the last few years, before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

I had never read any capes up until the last few years, before that my only exposure to comics was weirder stuff like Sandman.

I feel like I've missed out on the biggest most hype moments on this board because of that, unless it was an animation (of which there've been some big moments in the last couple years), or a movie I've completely missed it.

On other boards like /sp/, /a/, /tv/, etc I feel connected with other posters during that, would you say with comics the fandom is more fractured so those moments are more rare? What have been some big events in comics that brought /co/ together in the last few years?

Pic related and I guess Snotgirl are the only things I can definitely tell that people are excited for each release and for the accompanying storytime thread.
>>
>>88025619
>What have been some big events in comics that brought /co/ together in the last few years?
DON'T MOCK THE SHOCKER, SecretLove's announcement, Guardians of the Galaxy's announcement, "Nothing can stop the Garbage Ape," quite a few.

Multiversity's storytimes, especially Ultra Comix and Pax Americana, were probably the hypest /co/ things in recent years.
>>
File: crhea160223.gif (79KB, 450x521px) Image search: [Google]
crhea160223.gif
79KB, 450x521px
>>88025769
>"Nothing can stop the Garbage Ape,"
>>
File: JeetHeerKurtBusiekGarbageApe.jpg (133KB, 637x843px) Image search: [Google]
JeetHeerKurtBusiekGarbageApe.jpg
133KB, 637x843px
>>88025808
>>
>>88025808
Explain
>>
>>88025823
DEEPESTLORE
>>
File: 1453985205824.png (10KB, 356x373px) Image search: [Google]
1453985205824.png
10KB, 356x373px
>>88025826
See:
>>88025823
>>
File: Kite-Man, Hell Yeah.jpg (978KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Kite-Man, Hell Yeah.jpg
978KB, 994x1528px
>>
File: almost enjoying my anger.jpg (16KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
almost enjoying my anger.jpg
16KB, 240x200px
Getting united by anger and despair rather than hype happens sometimes too. Like with DC Nation getting screwed over, or that storyline revolving around Doc Ock and Spidey. (The former was about the network putting a block of DC cape cartoons on a hiatus without prior warning, and the latter had some anon leaking scans ahead of their release date and storytiming issues that got people pretty emotional.)
>>
I always felt like there was a real sense of community back during the early days of arrow and season 1 of flash.
>>
>>88026144
When the"golden age" of Netflix/cw adaptations startedi suppose

Too many out now

Arrow, flash, shield, Gotham, daredevil, bunch of other ones
>>
>>88025619
People seem to universally love Flintstones, New Super-man, and old storytimes.
>>
>>88025619
What vapid retards get hyped for snotgirl?
>>
>>88025769
Don't forget The Butlering
>>
>>88025941
His get up had to cost way more than a string of pearls.
>>
>>88025808
>>88025823

man what the fuck is heathcliff

I don't post on /co/ much but whenever I do I see this fucker's comics and it just leaves me more baffled than ever before
>>
>>88027591
Whole of Rebirth was a very nice time at /co/
>>
>>88025619
/co/ is basically /a/ if /a/ had an eight of it's posters and half of those posters barely even cared about the mediums on the board.
the problem with /co/ is that comics are already pretty fucking niche so you really only get a very small amount of people who read comics regularly and if you want /co/ to talk about a comic that isn't very well known on here you better be ready to storytime it
>>
>>88028752
You forgot /co/mblr. I mean, I don't mind those people but they have a tendency to attract /pol/ here
>>
>>88027624
the same kind of retard taht gets hyped for Gwenpool
>>
>>88025619
>Pic related and I guess Snotgirl are the only things I can definitely tell that people are excited for

Is this bait? Of its bait with that shit OP pic.
>>
>>88028667
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how Rebirth went.

>Deathstroke
>Red Hood
>New Super-man
>Aquaman
>the GL books
>Supergirl

Are all pretty damn good right now.
>>
>>88028933
Have you been in the Gwenpool storytime threads? It's mostly comprised of people loving it or being "wait, this is good?"

Compare that to the Justice League/Hellcat/Blue Beetle/Champions storytimes where people are begging for OP to put the thread out of its misery.
>>
>>88029139
>Have you been in the Gwenpool storytime threads? It's mostly comprised of people loving it or being "wait, this is good?"

No, is just a bunch of dudes saying ''lol cute!! Gwenpool is my pure waifu!''

And this reads just as bad as Hellcat, the only reason people like it is because the anime faces not because is actually good
>>
>>88025769
>Guardians of the Galaxy's announcement
Oh, how far you have fallen.
>>
>>88028221
But the experience is priceless!
>>
>>88029227
>reads just as bad as hellcat
you've clearly never read either.
>>
>>88027591
>>88028667
While I think a lot of the Rebirth love has fallen off other than "This. Marvel is Finished" shitposters, Rebirth #1 was definitely a massive hype event for most of /co/.
I say this as someone who didn't read it until several months after it came out, because ">DC" and ">Watchmen".
>>
>>88025619
Snotgirl is shit. This isn't friendly happy time everyone agree on a comic board. This is /co/. We dicuss comics and cartoons, there will always be someone who thinks something is good and someone who thinks something is shit. If you want to go to a comic or cartoon board where everyone agrees go to the happy sunshine land that is redit. If you want to hear criticisms for comics or cartoons come to 4chan.
>>
>>88029281

Yes it reads the same, is the same bullshit pop culture cellphone references, mary sue lead and nothing happens ever, let alone nothing that matter or will be references outside those shitty books.

Even Squirrel girl is a more beloved book at this point than those two turds
>>
>>88029294
>While I think a lot of the Rebirth love has fallen off other than "This. Marvel is Finished" shitposters

No way, Marvel is on the shitter right now.

They don't even have 5 good books.
>>
>>88029338
Yeah, no shit. It's just that, the hype having died down, the general attitude seems to have shifted to be that Rebirth is pretty good, but that it's kind of at the baseline of what a company's quality should be, and it's only really special because we've had years of dogshit.
>>
>>88029374
Well, what do you expect? A mental orgasm in every page or something?

DC books have been better that they have been in years and that started with the new 52, not Rebirth.

Yes new 52 had issues but ended up being beloved and pretty solid in the long run with amazing titles
>>
>>88025619
>Gwempool
>Snotgirl

This thread is bait, those comics are shit and hated all around /co/
>>
>>88029139
>Have you been in the Gwenpool storytime threads? It's mostly comprised of people loving it or being "wait, this is good?"
Don't forget the one extremely persistent shitposter.
>>
>>88029437
Snotgirl isn't known by most of /co/, but yeah, most of the storytimes have been a lot of "wow, why would anyone read about this vapid cunt?"

Gwenpool is extremely well-liked on /co/ though so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. Have you actually read it?
>>
>>88030068
I've seen 1/2 of gwenpool threads for it and 1/2 against it. Although that seems to just be a marvel thing, you're either into it or you hate it I guess.

My opinion: Gwenpool is shit
>>
>>88030241

You're secretly one of the small minority of very vocal Gwenpool haters, I'm guessing.
>>
>>88029328
considering how autistic you are i thought you'd at least read the book. You contribute half the posts in gwenpool threads.
>>
File: image.png (781KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
781KB, 640x448px
>>88030241
>>
>>88030068
Snotgirl doesn't even have a real job.

Whereas Gwenpool is stuck in a different universe and trying to get by.
>>
>>88030048
There he is
>>88029437
>>88029328
>>
>>88030666
Like clockwork.
>>
>>88030666
You found him satan. Also, he isnt exactly wrong. Gwenpool isnt stimulating at all
>>
File: gwenpool45.jpg (300KB, 1067x959px) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool45.jpg
300KB, 1067x959px
>>88033567
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.