[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> hates criminals > tech genius > works for money >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: Mrfreeze.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mrfreeze.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
> hates criminals
> tech genius
> works for money
> feels compassion
> about as crazy as the Batfamily but not beyond that

Why was Freeze never a hero, let alone a mercenary character?
>>
Evil is more fun
>>
>twn be a Mr. Freeze solo
>>
>>88022991
he is a man
only female characters go from villain to good guy
>>
>>88023056
>Sandman
>>
>>88022991
He kills random people who get in his way, and only feels his compassion for his wife.
>>
>>88023096
I don't read Spider-Man, sorry
>>
the tragedy of all villians is that they could have been so much more if people did not treat them so poorly
had the Boyle funded his work, been more lenient when he found him, had tried to compromise instead of doing what he did, then freeze might have had a different ending
>>
Because he didn't give a shit. Freeze is focsed on advancing his own interests, and nothing more. Those interests can sometimes align with justice, and if possible can be amended to prevent causing undo suffering, but they are his motivating factor.

The Mercenary route could work if he required the money, I guess, but it wold probably just feel contrived.
>>
>>88023168
Plastic Man
>>
>1. sees problem
>2. freezes it
>3.breaks it
>apply to all
>not no. 3 on wife
>>
>>88023119
How many times does he actually kill them instead of just freezing them?
>>
>>88023235
>instead of just freezing them?
Anon...you do know what freezing people solid does to them, right?
>>
Why the fuck was he never on Suicide Squad?
>>
>>88023233
>Only no. 2 on wife
Hoo boy
>>
>>88023235
Do you...know what actually happens to people that get frozen solid, in big blocks of ice, etc?

It just doesn't happen to Batman and his associates because killing the protagonist doesn't work well for the story.
>>
>>88023248
>>88023288
I swear to god I've seen people get melted out of his ice before.
>>
>>88023248
>>88023288

Nuh uh guys, he said himself it would only be momentary discomfort
>>
>>88023315
We don't talk about batnips the movie in a good light.
>>
>>88023096
He then went back to villainy, sadly. It sucks; I liked him as a hero.
>>
>>88022991
because
muh nora

>>88023056
haven't been following the recent run but is clay face still good?
>>
>>88023056
Clayface?
>>
>>88025866
>>88025915
>clayface

literally genderfluid
>>
>>88025972
Literally kill yourself, that wasn't the point being made go away tumblrtard.
>>
He can't handle momentary discomforts.
>>
>>88022991
Because he's a cuck, literally liked by cucks.
>>
>>88023235
In the cartoons very few, just the Submarine crew in Sub Zero that I can recall but in the comics he was killing tons of people from the get go.
>>
>>88023056
Riddler
>>
>>88023315
In the cartoons, senpai. The same one where Joker toxin is just laughing gas.
>>
>>88023315
>>88023350
>>88027966
No, I remember them talking about the procedure for defrosting people in Gotham Central. Not everybody Freeze turns into a popsicle dies, even though scientifically speaking they probably should.
>>
>>88028044
Okay, but if they weren't actively defrosted by Batman or the cops within a certain time frame, they'd still totally die. It still counts as attempted murder if you deliberately shoot somebody in the gut and they're taken to a hospital before they bleed out.
>>
>>88022991
That version of Mr Freeze ruined the character.
>muh compassionate villain
God damn that show did so many villians terribly. And because you faggots don't read comics you think THAT is how the villian is supposed to be.
>>
File: 1468813518089.jpg (46KB, 540x541px) Image search: [Google]
1468813518089.jpg
46KB, 540x541px
>>88028155
If I want an ice villain whose as cold as ice then I'll stick with Captain Cold, this version of Freeze is top notch and enjoyed by people of all demographics

>muh compassionate villain
fuck off with that mumbo jumbo, a villain a reader can relate to is better than some nobody
>>
>>88028495
I approve this.

But anyways, were there any comics where Freeze went hardcore cold blood killer?
>>
>>88028155
>>muh compassionate villain
>>muh writing
>>muh story
Are people like you this retarded or did the slav break out of /tg/ and start shit posting everywhere else?
>>
>>88028044
This actually depends on the situation. Does he freeze the people completly or does he only cover them in ice?
>>
File: batman525_08.jpg (218KB, 942x1492px) Image search: [Google]
batman525_08.jpg
218KB, 942x1492px
>>88028574
Batman #525, which is... not the best story from not-the-best Batman writer, Doug Moench, but it still "counts" I think.
>>
>>88028638
I don't fully agree with him, but I can see why this backlash against BTAS Freeze exists - it's really hard to write a story with him after Heart of Ice - and even that story only worked because the Nora-sicle only appeared in the security footage of his accident - it was implied that Freeze's bosses had actually killed her by fucking with his machines, and that's why he wanted revenge... the BTAS writers originally had no plans on using him again.

When they DID, they made a big deal about him being shocked that Nora was still alive in cryo-stasis, and had a Walt Disney-expy use her to force him to share the secrets of cryonics with him. And then he realized "Gee, if Nora wakes up and I'm working with an evil jackass, she'll hate me", turns on him, and retreats to the Arctic circle to continue his research on her. In Sub-Zero, he's again only acting to save Nora's life.

The point is, if he REALLY only cares about his waifu, there's no reason for him to be a villain, except when he's reacting to external manipulation or threats. There's no reason for him to not just ask Bruce Wayne to cut him a check and go about his business quietly. But if he's at least a little unhinged and has a body count to his name, it makes sense why he and Batman don't get along - murder is murder, regardless of whether or not you love your wife.

Hell, that was one of my biggest problems with Arkham City - yes the Mr. Freeze boss fight was awesome, but the reason behind it was so stupid. "You will bring me Nora, or YOU WILL DIE." And I'm grappling around like "Motherfucker, I'm headed that way anyway, I would GLADLY go find Nora for you if I weren't locked in a deadly fucking boss battle!" And then once you do find her, he's all 'Thank you Batman, sorry I tried to fucking kill you for no real reason!"
>>
>>88028574
He tried to rape a teenager once. Has killed a cop.
>>
>>88024471
if it happened in a comic i haven't read yet, it didn't happen. especially spider-man. everything post-90s is non-canon and always will be
>>
The only good version of him was from the Batman movie. The BTAS Freeze is literally pleb tier, only liked by people who don't read comics(/co/).
>>
File: gothamC_01.jpg (67KB, 519x256px) Image search: [Google]
gothamC_01.jpg
67KB, 519x256px
Freeze is a tragic and sympathetic character, but he's also seriously mentally ill and has killed LOADS of people.
>>
File: bane and friend.jpg (89KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
bane and friend.jpg
89KB, 400x600px
>>88023056
Bane pre-52
>>
>>88032895
And current Mr Freeze is actually just a stalker who was never married to Nora.

I hate that.
>>
File: Mr.Freeze.jpg (42KB, 284x246px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.Freeze.jpg
42KB, 284x246px
>worst version of the character has the best visual design
>>
>>88032953
You know damn well Batman Beyond has the top and that's a hard second.
>>
>>88022991
Because status quo.
It answer is always because status quo.
It doesn't matter how much sense it makes or how much more entertaining it is or how well it plays thematically; status quo always wins.
>>
>>88032953
>fucking Super Saiyan Freeze
No
>>
>>88022991
Freeze can't be a hero now, he's just another nutcase villain in the Nu52.
>>
>>88032895
This guy gets it.
Also, please tell me someone made the "copsicle" pun.
>>
>>88022991
Because raision
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.