[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys, I know the world is really fucked up right now. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 27

Ok guys, I know the world is really fucked up right now. The fear of hackers, a giant douche has control of our military and we are all bailing on each other.

But guys, Heidi's really smart and really funny! This coming Wednesday, she's gonna fix everything for us.

Also, South Park thread!
>>
>>88011131
Man Trumps winning threw the South Park pair for a total loop. Caught them completely by surprise.
>>
>>88011161
I still can't believe they were that arrogant. Hollywood fucking destroys people.
>>
>>88011161
m-maybe matt and trey are playing 4d chess.
>>
>>88011161
Oh Geez!
>>
>>88011203
Don't be an idiot, They clearly hated both sides, they just simply hated Trump more.

On a side note, I hope Hollywood gets torn a new one. The concept the people need to push an agenda cause they have power or are in the spot light is mind numbing.
>>
>>88011161
>>88011203
>had to change a few lines in one episode
Yeah, really threw them for a loop. Hollywood clearly destroyed them.

Each episode is done in the week run-up to air you idiots
>>
File: timetostop.jpg (11KB, 229x183px) Image search: [Google]
timetostop.jpg
11KB, 229x183px
>>88011131
>elections ends
>republican turnout is literally the same as previous elections
>democratic turnout is slightly diminished compared to obama elections
>despite lower turnout Hillary still wins the popular vote
IT'S A CONSERVATIVE MANDATE, HOLLYWEIRD LIBERAL KEKS BTFO EVERYONE SAW THE LIGHT AND EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT NOW
>>
>>88012023
New York and fucking California make winning the popular vote a lot less impressive.
There is a reason the US is a republic not a democracy.
>>
>>88012113
If this were 1916 you'd have a point

The reality of the situation is that the popular vote map is isn't blue on the edges with red in the middle but purple all over; mass communication has made people national citizens as opposed to being in tune with the specific needs of their community/town/state.
>>
File: ted-cruz.jpg (153KB, 1269x765px) Image search: [Google]
ted-cruz.jpg
153KB, 1269x765px
>>88012113
>It's another "New York Values" episode.
>>
>>88012113

Ohio and Pennsylvania make winning the electoral vote much less impressive
>>
>>88011131
they should just make the last two seasons a dream and trump is president
>>
>>88011131

Is this the final episode of the season?
>>
>>88011976
they were clearly planning all season long to have Hillary be the endgame villain
>>
>>88012627
Nope, two episodes to go.
>>
>>88011131
Fuck Heidi. This was a perfect time for Cartman to shine. But instead of this we are stuck with shitty jokes about vagina and Mars.
>>
>>88012731
and she still will be, that plotline is totally unchanged

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of an outline?
>>
>>88011203
I don't think they were being arrogant. Many people were surprised when Trump won, including me, and I voted for him. They simply saw the polls and bought into the media's narrative like the rest of the country did.
That being said, they should have prepared and made an alternative episode instead of making a half assed job at editing the episode.

God, I really hope Matt and Trey learn from their mistakes in Season 20. They did a great job last season and would have been a 10/10 season had they not fucked up the finale. If they continue with continuity (and unlike most in this board, I actually like it), it should be more like season 19.
>>
Let's be honest: there's no such thing as a funny stand up comedienne.
>>
Is this the worst season for anyone else? Dont think I've laughed since the first three episodes.
>>
>>88012929

Anon...Are you implying that women aren't funny? Or smart?
>>
This entire season feels like one big, long, unfunny episode stretched out for an entire season. Same shitty jokes that werent funny for the first time repeated again and again, constant teasing wth serialization and continuity yet built up plotlines go nowhere. We had the same shit last season, with all the shit about Leslie, ads and stuff and it ended with a whimper failing to resolve anything. Why the fuck introduce those things then? Why try to tell a story arc if youre not going to do anything with it? Atleast last season had actual fucking jokes in it.Cartman repeating the same line, bruce jenner and memberberries in every single goddamn episode are not funny.
>>
>>88013484

I feel it could have gone the way of season 19. One overreaching theme (PC for season 19, internet trolling for season 20) Plot A is the whole Gerald vs Denmark shit, while the B plots are the kids just doing social media related shit. The first couple of episodes were good with it

>Why don't you just ask him?
>@ where?
>>
>>88013484
Simple: doing one-off episodes got boring. They've been doing the show for nearly two decades and if they want to keep doing it without sucking on a shotgun they've got to make changes.
>>
>>88013484
Season 19 bright a lot of good shit to South Park, we got arcs and it seems like characters are becoming more solidified as they aren't just inserted into the plot for the week.

I do like the episodic format but maybe they'll find a mix of both down the road.
>>
>>88011857
I feel the same way about celebrities, but alas, this has been going on for a while and continue to do so.
>>
File: 45621162567247.jpg (77KB, 1544x800px) Image search: [Google]
45621162567247.jpg
77KB, 1544x800px
>>88011976
You don't see all the plot holes this has created?
Yes each episode is done in the week run-up to air but they stack 7 episodes in the belief that Hilary would win.
She didn't.
As such every single plot point is shaken completely and all of them have large plot holes that don 't add up now.
They have been taken so off the rails that the last two episodes are just boring and almost disconnected with the way things turn out.
>>
>>88013053
>that plotline is totally unchanged
and that makes no damn sense.
Think about it, she lost and is basically a glorified civilian and nothing else. Trump(Garrison) being the winner shows that the world is still very much entrenched with powerful men and the plot to fear spiteful women is still a long ways away.
Her deal with Denmark is doubly stupid because she has no reason to follow through, Trump(Garrison) will do as he pleases and her email scandal is nonissue.
Meberries might survive this but it's not adding up they had no reason to spike drinks and brainwash Stan and company(who were completely absent in the newest episode and I'm ready to bet still not present this Wednesday)

It just all falls apart now because again, seven episodes were built on the blind belief she would win.
>>
>>88012023
>>despite lower turnout Hillary still wins the popular vote
Illegals.
>>
>>88012023
>>88012113
>>88012222
>>88012235
>>88012436
Hillary got the popular vote because Mexicans turned out to vote in large numbers in California- possibly including many illegals, California's current law code is basically designed around the assumption that letting illegals get licenses and their Motor Voter law will result in many illegals being mistakenly registered to vote, hence why it is not a crime if you illegally vote as a non-citizen or felon in California.

Additionally the Clinton campaign honestly believed they could flip Texas and Arizona and Georgia and other solid red states, spending tons of treasure in those states on registering new voters and getting them to the polls. This turned out to be fucking stupid and while it drove up Hillary's score the game isn't played on a popular vote basis for obvious reasons.

Trump's campaign on the other hand assumed they'd win Texas like any reasonable person would and instead focused their GOTV efforts on reaching lapsed working class voters in the Rust Belt and anti-communist Cubans in Florida. Getting people in these key states to turn out is why Trump won. Getting hundreds of thousands more votes in Texas while neglecting Pennsylvania and halfassing Florida is why Hillary lost.

Get over it.

Oh and this is ignoring that the only major country I know of which uses a "most votes is president" type presidential election is Mexico, where the current president won with 38% of the vote. Virtually all other presidential systems that use popular vote use the French method whereby if no one gets 51% the first time around they have runoffs between the top two candidates until somebody does. 5 million voted for conservative third parties, 2 million for liberal third parties. Assuming we can just smack these votes on top of each party Trump would have had 67 million to Hillary's 66 million and thus would have won in theory.

You are all stupid monkeys.
>>
>>88017065
>>88017301
I wonder why Matt and Trey were so careless this season, they are usually good about not getting to entrench in this kind of shit where your episodes need each other to work off of. Hell I thought that was the whole point of them waiting the week before the episode aired to create it. The way season 20 stands you think it was all made in months before it aired.
>>
All I can say is if the Danes aren't revealed to be literal trolls then this will be a very disappointing season
>>
>>88019076
Agreed they even have the main guy's face as the outline of the troll face
>>
File: KennyMcCormick.png (145KB, 272x367px) Image search: [Google]
KennyMcCormick.png
145KB, 272x367px
Kenny is my favourite background character.

Stan is also good
>>
>>88020415
It is absolutely rage inducing how much he hasn't been used this season
>>
>>88011203
most people thought she was gonna win anon. the person who got the prediction closest to trump was Nate Silver, and even he predicted Hillary would have a stronger chance overall.

Michigan and Wisconsin basically became the swing states nobody was fucking expecting. Virginia almost did too for a moment.
>>
File: 84913153.jpg (144KB, 640x532px) Image search: [Google]
84913153.jpg
144KB, 640x532px
>>88020616
>most people thought she was gonna win anon.
By most you mean the media?
Anyone that actually put a little leg work in would have seen that the media was just trying to scare Trump voters into not voting. I mean for fucksakes when you get 20 some movie/TV stars to do a 5 minute video that is just saying "don't vote Trump" without even trying to encourage you to vote Hillary, it shows how bad off your campaign is going.
Sadly Matt and Trey were stupid and just bought into the media rather than use their heads like in the past and point out how fucking crazy it is to write off a running mate so badly when he gets so much attention both in person and on the internet.
>>
>>88020879
Not to mention pollsters oversampling Democrats 4 to 1. Who in their right mind would trust the media after all this?
>>
File: BToKfv3CEAAIRKg.jpg (33KB, 599x598px) Image search: [Google]
BToKfv3CEAAIRKg.jpg
33KB, 599x598px
>>88021024
Remember that graph that claim that if only women voted Hillery would win by 97%?
Considering she lost with 42 percent of women choosing her running mate it makes one wonder how the hell they got that other number.
>>
File: 1313613920045.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1313613920045.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>88012023
>despite lower turnout Hillary still wins the popular vote

Yet loses over half the states in the country. Even more than Romney did in 2012. Hillsters bitching about the electoral college seem to ignore this important fact.
>>
>>88021230
They've been doing that this whole election, why would they change now?
>>
>>88021230
There are more Republican states in this country than Democratic ones anon, that's just a fact. And most of those swing states he won were by a very small margin with a couple exceptions (Iowa and Ohio mainly he won big over Hillary)

Electoral College is an outdated system that gives power to smaller states, majority of them Republican. Popular Vote is a measurement of how the whole country votes, people just don't want to switch to it because it would take longer than 6 hours to tally and they think the Republican small states would be disenfranchised.

also if Popular Vote doesn't matter, then why is your boy Trump claiming without evidence that millions of votes were illegally casted?
>>
>>88021416
>smaller states feel a certain way about the country as a whole
>it's not how I feel so fuck 'em.

It's not California's fucking President. It's the President of the United States. California's problems are not Idaho's problems. Idaho gets a fucking say, god damn.
>>
>>88012766
Good God, how many times are we gonna get what is essentially the same episode over and over?

>Cartman is an SJW
>Memberberries
>Trolls
>Denmark

It's gotten really tiresome. It seems as though the story moves an inch each three episodes, then moves a foot, then goes back to moving an inch.
>>
>>88021416
The electoral college exists so that low population states can tell new york (and california) to go fuck itself if it gets too uppity. Like right now.
>>
>>88021493
Ok but if that's how you feel, then Popular Vote is the way to go.

Look let me break it down - notice how every election, the same 10-12 states are the only ones that REALLY matter? Ohio, Iowa, Florida, Pennsylvania, etc. Because of the EC, those states and who wins them determine the president. Why do you think Jill Stein wants recounts in only three states, instead of them all? Because Penn, Wis and Mich determined the election.

Someone voting in swing states has a bigger say in who becomes president over someone in California or even Idaho, because those two states are considered safe blue and red states respectively. That means the entire election is determined by the say of 25% of the states in the whole country, as the EC classifies the other 75% as safe states for one side or the other.

Popular Vote doesn't have that shit though. PV is literally "the winner is the person who got the most votes." That's it. No Electoral College bullshit. Republicans live in California too anon, just like there are Democrats in Texas. EC however creates that scenario where a state is either all red or all blue. Switching to Popular Vote will actually increase voter turnout for both parties, because they know their vote will actually have an impact.
>>
>>88021686
also in addition to >>88021545
the low population argument doesn't exist in popular vote because it doesn't get divided by state like EC. whoever votes for one person over the other wins. if more republicans turn out to vote than democrats, then republicans win.

if anything, popular vote means the republicans who live in democrat majority states like california and new york have more reason to vote because they know their vote will actually count for something. under EC their vote means absolutely nothing. same goes for democrats living in texas and arizona.
>>
>>88021818
Yes but this way we get to explicitly tell all of California to fuck itself. Your suggestion lacks such purity so it can't possibly be optimal.
>>
>>88021416
>>88021686
I agree it's a shit system but the only time anyone ever complains is after it fucks them over. It happens all the time in Canada, someone gets a majority government with a minority of the popular vote and everyone who hates the gov complains about how unfair the system is and the other parties say they'll reform it, then do nothing once they have a majority.
If Trump got the popular vote but Hillary the electoral college all the Trump voters would be calling the system archaic and Hillary voters would be talking about how Texas shouldn't choose the president, I feel everyone knows this is true deep down.
So I find it pretty hard to feel like the Dems got cheated. I also find it hard to believe that anyone complaining on non-partisan grounds who wasn't complaining a month ago is doing so in good faith. They had eight years to do something after it cost them an election only eight years before, but they tacitly agreed to play by the old rules anyway. They made their bed and now they have to sleep in it, and they and everyone else will probably just let the cycle continue.
>>
>>88021416
>There are more Republican states in this country than Democratic ones anon, that's just a fact.

That didn't stop Obama from winning more states than his Republican rivals.

>And most of those swing states he won were by a very small margin with a couple exceptions (Iowa and Ohio mainly he won big over Hillary)

She still lost though. The margin is irrelevant.

>Electoral College is an outdated system that gives power to smaller states, majority of them Republican.

So it gives power to the majority of the country. Not just California and New York. Somehow this is a bad thing.
>>
>>88018110

>t-the illegals!

I cannot believe you are so goddamn gullible.
>>
File: 1453210622178.jpg (64KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1453210622178.jpg
64KB, 680x680px
>>88021686
You switch to that and Trump and the whole party changes tactics. Suddenly only 3 cites control the USA and they will be the only cites to ever be cared for in any degree. Right now looking at the country at large it's only about 5 states that suffer because of poor focus from government (one of which WV, creates most of their own drama)
You change to popular vote exclusively and at least 30 states would go 3rd world to just support those 3 cites in America and the rest could fuck off.
Keep in mind this already happens on a state by state level, Portland make Oregon liberal, same with NYC to New York. And as someone who has lived in both states I can tell you it fucks up lot of people that need different kinds of help then what those two big cites get. Also most new jobs in both states are just in those big cites and the outskirts because those are the voters that effect who wins and loses that state.
so tldr: you are fucking retarded to want popular vote and nothing else.
That all said >>88021962 is right and it's the most childish approach to cry about a system that didn't work in your favor but in your bones know you would 180 if it went in your favor the next time.
>>
>>88022226
>Not just California and New York.
You mean LA and NYC
it's not even the whole state that effects those outcomes.
>>
File: 1464529256280.jpg (29KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1464529256280.jpg
29KB, 255x255px
>south parks newest season just always spirals into politics because that was most of the season
what happen Trey? Matt, what are you doing? You guys use to be above this kind of shit, did you break? did some part of you fail? Why ruin fun with this shit? Why stretch out good jokes (trolls, memberberries, girls are funny) to the point you are just rolling your eyes at it.
That said I wonder if you are getting a huge spike in ratings now with how much you have fuck up, everyone loves a train wreak.
>>
>>88022485
Like all good creators gone bad they didn't know when to quit.
>>
>>88021686
>Look let me break it down - notice how every election, the same 10-12 states are the only ones that REALLY matter?
Turn that to popular vote and it just becomes 2 states so that tells me the system is working better with it then without it
>>
>>88021686
>Look let me break it down - notice how every election, the same 10-12 states are the only ones that REALLY matter?
This is incredibly fallacious and based on subjectivity. The smaller states objectively have a stronger vote right now than if you were to go only by a popular vote. Who gives a fuck if Oklahoma or Vermont aren't swing states? Their vote still matters more than if we were to just use a popular vote.
>>
>>88013484
Member when you weren't a faggot.....oh wait
>>
>>88020415
>>88020525
The whole "can't hear what he says" joke doesn't work any more now that they care more about continuity and pushing their morals more than jokes.
>>
>>88020616
Virginia was never a swing state. NOVA always comes in late.
>>
File: bd8.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>88021686
>same 10-12 states are the only ones that REALLY matter? Ohio, Iowa, Florida, Pennsylvania, etc. Because of the EC, those states and who wins them determine the president
For starters a lot of states can effect the win that are not even swing states, however the bigger issue is of the states 3 of them make up the mass of the Untied States. Those 10-12 states would shrink to 3 to 4 cities, that's right cities, you would see the country's future decided by New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and maybe Huston.

>"the winner is the person who got the most votes."
And as such no politician would campaign anywhere what where the people were,hell they likely move the capital to one of those states to get a better grip on the power, you would wittiness whole states suffer and degrade as their needs are ignored because the country is controlled by such small parts of it's entirety. You would even see attempted mass exodus from states to those 3/4 cites because they would be the only areas that would have any chance at a future of any kind because why care about Iowa's economy when it won't get you placed in the White House?

>EC however creates that scenario where a state is either all red or all blue
Yes and it is because of the cites that have the larger population control the state at large, I am dumbfounded you see that flaw bu think the better solution is to just make the whole country like that and as such poison the well even further.
>Switching to Popular Vote will actually increase voter turnout for both parties, because they know their vote will actually have an impact.
You would see the flip my brain damaged friend, why vote if you are not in those 3 power cites? What's the point? AT least with the EC your vote has a chance to change the election turn out even if it's a 1 in 30 chance. Popular vote just kills any hope your vote matters outise those states
EC is far from perfect but to think a true popular vote is smart is basically asking
>>
File: Butters.jpg (7KB, 217x201px) Image search: [Google]
Butters.jpg
7KB, 217x201px
What are you hoping to see from these last two episodes?
I would like to see:
>Marvin getting some Memer Berries (-Member Horse-Drawn carriages? -Member Speakeasies?)
>A climactic Duel between Garrison!Trump and Darth Chef. (Yes he was killed again in SoT, but he's come back through worse.)
>At least a springback to the Superhero arcs. (Seeing at least a mention of it before FBW come out would be nice, it's too big an chance to miss.)
>The actual Trump deposing Garrison!Trump.
>>
>this entire season is based around them not liking TFA
Imagine being so angry you animated an entire season long shit post
>>
>>88024820
Did anybody outside of Fanm8s and Shitposters care about it by August?
>>
>>88024820

Matt and Trey could've ascended to ultimate levels of irony and said The Phantom Menace is best from the non-OT movies
>>
>>88024820
They've done episodes about small things only they were pissed about before like Free Hat or Butter Balls. The viral video they were parodying in Butter Balls was no longer relevant by the time the episode came out and they only wanted to complain that you had to pay to see it.
>>
>>88011131
This seasons is fucking trashed after Trump won.

Its definitely one of the worst seasons. It has become a long running joke that you wish would end already because it wasn't funny from the start.
>>
>>88020616
>the person who got the prediction closest to trump was Nate Silver
Nate Silver only got it "close" by putting every single state that had any chance of flipping as a "toss-up". Micheal Moore's prediction was much more accurate, being essentially the only person who was confident Michigan and Wisconsin were going to flip.
>>
>Only cities will matter if we do a popular vote!
I hate this meme. You are aware that the top 10 city populars in the US only account for 8â„… out the population right? Any candidate that just casters to the cities would get wrecked. And its not like all cities believe the same thing either. But I'm talking to Trump supporters, they're probably too dense to understand.
>>
File: 1480306120571.jpg (60KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480306120571.jpg
60KB, 500x450px
>>88026567
Of the 40% from the last three elections that consistently voted they came by majority of New York, Texas and Florida making over 25% of the country. If we switch to just popular vote you only need California Texas, Florida and maybe New York (assuming they all vote) just three of them gives you 36% of the country, 4 gives you 42% meaning by popular vote alone you just need control in those states and can ignore the rest of the country. The EC doesn't allow that kind of power brokering to happen. In fact it's a big reason Trump won, Hillary just focused in big city states while Trump campaigned hard in all the states that could be seen as swing states. If popular vote was all that mattered he would have just focused in those 3/4 states, damn the rest of the country, they can't ensure your presidency. It's also a big reason the EC gives more power to smaller states, to make sure every state is accounted for and to ensure they are taken care of rather then left to rot in favor of the bigger fish.
So I'll meet you half way and say that it isn't cities themselves however the country would still be decided by much smaller areas and would make the economy suffer anywhere that wasn't those 4 states.
>>
I think it sucks that they completely changed Heidi's personality. I guess they expected people to forget her past characterization like how she is two faced bitch in SoT and a bitch in Marjorine. I think Cartman dating a bitch would have been much more interesting.
>>
>>88024820
What's weird as fuck is this is what we expect from Family Guy and the like, months after release, over used gags, borderline spiteful mockery.
It's hard to believe this is the same creative team of seasons prior.
>>
>>88024820
>>88024883
>>88026656

go to bed, JJ
>>
>>88021103
>Running mate

I dont think that means what you think it means
>>
>>88017393
Any actual proof.
>>
>>88026656
>over 7 months since the controversy
outside of season 1 has their ever been a gag or joke that ran this late from when it happen?
>>
>>88026625
Then what you really need is compulsory voting.
>>
Will they ever release the Hillary script?
>>
>>88011131
>Butters hates Cartman and will never forgive him for all the past torment
>Butters is in the process of Cucking Cartman and Cartman cant stop him
>eventually Cartman will snap and revert to past evil Cartman to get back at Butters
>Evil Cartman will lose Wendy, Butters will have his revenge on Cartman by taking his bitch
>Evil Cartman will return the show to the status quo
>>
>>88017393
>Illegals.
>Illegals Voting.....

You have never actually voted, have you? Or ever met an illegal.
>>
>>88027879
Or maybe we've reached a point where popular opinion is no longer something that can be used to rule a country

Maybe in this world of mass communication and well-researched psychology it's simply not possible for the populace to make an informed decision or contextualize the people outside of their immediate contacts.
>>
>>88028231
But then what would replace the democracy? The government obviously won't be able to considering how little they care about people these days. Rule by the richest people would be even worse for the commen man (they would basically just suck all the money away from the commen men towards them).

The problem you have can be solved by solutions that don't involve the death of our democracy. They include shutting down fake news sites under liable laws and making it so that main stream newsreporters becomes actually objective attack dogs against the forces that threaten our democratic values (our government included) instead of just being govenment cocksuckers and/or partisan hacks.
>>
File: ever read something.jpg (43KB, 540x520px) Image search: [Google]
ever read something.jpg
43KB, 540x520px
>>88027879
You're not getting it.
Even then if you use compulsory voting it would destroy anything that wasn't one of the major populations centers meaning again, only a very few states control the country with the others having no chance or say in the matter. Worse it would be wasting time and money fining or jailing dissenters which is just a waste of time and money because then your whole country of 300 million will be a huge drain of police force and money to just ensure they went out and vote.

>>88029331
>Rule by the richest people would be even worse for the commen man
got news for you buddy that's how every system works it's just some hide it better then others or rather the fact they know how to please the masses in to letting take power and then destroy the masses.

>main stream newsreporters becomes actually objective attack dogs
more news for you:
main stream newsreporters are just Hollywood reporters with a different hat. They need ratings to survive and that means they will report what ever makes sure you tune in. If saying the shooter is "suspected white" or "racial minority gang" gets more hits and views then telling the truth you already know you better damn believe they will say it because they are fighting with 10 other media sources for ratings and if they close rating they either get shut down or in the case of MSNBC gets a private group that funds it to stay on the air and you can guess the corruption that brings.

Humans are stupid and money is power.
>>
File: Heiman nn.png (851KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Heiman nn.png
851KB, 1280x1280px
>>88024746
As much as I like heiman, I kinda wanna see Butters steal Cartman's girl
>>
>>88026655
it took being alone and considered dead by her old friends for her to see how much of a bitch she was.
she probably did some soul searching, knew she needed to change
especially since her perspective on life in general had been changed
>>
>>88030601
It would make more sense for Prof. Chaos to want TrollTrace active after seeing what happened when released at a nearby city.
As he is one of the very few regular characters to plausibly have a clean online slate, it could workout very well for him if it's completed.
Also, seeing Heidi dressed up as Ms. Chaos would be adorable as all get out.
>>
File: Butters Professor Chaoss.png (137KB, 607x479px) Image search: [Google]
Butters Professor Chaoss.png
137KB, 607x479px
>>88030800
>FBW has a Heidi/Ms Chaos summon for Butters
yes... this is... something I didn't know I wanted.
>>
>>88030858
I think Madame Chaos, Agent Chaos, Agent Order, The Chaos Comedian or something like that would sound better.
>>
File: Chrono-trigger.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono-trigger.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
>>88030460
>main stream newsreporters are just Hollywood reporters with a different hat.
I've work at Turner Broadcasting (owner of CNN) and I can tell you this is the crippling truth. When the Dark Knight shooting broke I watch people brainstorm like you see on TMZ with what info they had and what should be ran to the broadcasters, one shouted out they had info lead that it was a college student to which the organizer threw out saying "no one will stay on the channel for that, what else?" This is a news room where truth should win out but like anon said money talks more than truth.
>>
>>88028131
>Wendy

You had this written up for your fan-fic and replaced the names didn't you.
>>
>>88030800
>>88030858
Why have that when you can have The Coonette
>>
>>88024746
I would like to see the town overdoes on member berries so much that the entire show starts to look like it was made by construction paper again.

Thus, the intro of the final episode thus becoming the original intro, just with many more characters and set pieces slapped on.
>>
>>88030936
>>88030858
A scene where Butters calling his old Canadian GF before he unleashes a TT strike on her town would be an incredible thing to see.
>>
>>88030460
>if you use compulsory voting it would destroy anything that wasn't one of the major populations centers meaning again, only a very few states control the country with the others having no chance or say in the matter.
The electoral college would make it so that the others would have more say if compulsory voting did happen.

Personally though, I think that the electors college is undemocratic. It makes it so that one will have more voting power in some states than in other states and some states allow for electors to vote against the canidate they're supposed to represent. Not saying compulsory voting is good but I'm saying a better solution to the Trump problem is just to shift to popular vote.

>got news for you buddy that's how every system works it's just some hide it better then others or rather the fact they know how to please the masses in to letting take power and then destroy the masses.
I do know that but the way the anon I responded to worded it's words, it was implying that it would be a good idea just to do away with democracy. While we certainly in an oligopoly as of now, the people do have just enough power to the rich from getting too powerful.

>>88032361
I realized my mistake. Rather, I think now the news problem should be tackled by shifting from profit driven news organizations that primarily focus on old media (newspaper, tv channels) such as the New York Times, CNN and Politico to internet based, more objective news organizations such as The Young Turks and Infowars that generate their profits mostly through online advertisement and viewer loyalty.
>>
>butters is gonna cuck cartman
If it's the only way we're getting regular Cartman, so be it.
>>
>>88034539
And how would you feel if compulsory voting but Trump as the winner?
>>
>>88035028
I would be fine with that. Very disappointed but none the less, that would be who people voted for so I guess Trump would be president then.

Also, I'm personally very on the lines when it comes to compulsory voting. It could mean that there would be no bias towards anyone (Republican voters usually are more likely to vote than Democratic voters) but in the other sides, all that >>88030460 said would still be a problem.
>>
>>88034539
Listen you put the whole country to vote and you see the biggest mess of Caidates that it would make Trump look like Gerorge Washington
It would become a huge movie star level event becuase you are demanding hundreds of Millions to vote on issues they know nothing about and will vote for the most flashiest Person on the ballet

You are a god damn idiot
>>
>>88035161
Read >>88035156
Also, I kinda realized compulsory voting has that issue as well.
>>
So what are your bets? Will Heidi and Eric break up? Will Gerald be held accountable for his actions or will he get away with it? Will Kenny get screen-time? Does this season have a chance to not be disappointing?
>>
>>88026625

Instead of high population states, being the only ones that matter, swing states are the only ones that matter. So instead you have candidates spending all their time on a handful of states that don't even hold the highest population.

Also fuck you I live in a low pop state and my vote doesn't matter at since my state always goes to the same party. If we had popular vote at least I'd get the same vote as everyone else.
>>
>>88035857
Ok retard
Do you not understand that your vote would even matter less in a popular vote?
Do you not understand that the government would just not give a shit for 45+ states and just fouces on the only
5 (at most) that are a 100% victory every time? Even with the flaw of swing states there is more hope that even the weakest states have a chance to effect things (however low that might be) make it popular vote and your small time state is damn pointless and they might just turn it into a giant factory sweat shop or just let you go full 3rd world because fuck you wont matter to a win.
Also that Syetem would be way more in Trumps favor becuase it becomes a serious pony show all about who looks the best because most of the countries vote no longer matter.
That's what people are ignoring here, Trump won becuase he played hardball in swing states. If it was just popular he would have used complelty different tactics and then I bet fags like you would be botching popular doesn't work and you need some magical system that gives the little guy a voice.

Your vote would be worth much less by popluar alone.
>>
>>88036517

No it fucking wouldn't because currently my state goes to the same party every time no matter what. If it was a popular vote my vote would contribute to the total but currently I'm either voting for or against the party that willwin my state anyway and I have literally zero influence over the Electoral total.

Also the presidential candidates ALREADY fucking don't campaign in my state in favor of the oh so precious swing states so just shut the fuck up about that.
>>
>>88036517
You forget that those states that you just mentioned don't just hold one opinion. Clinton only won the supposedly ultra liberal Vermont by 56.7% of votes (Bernie actually got 5.7% of the votes) to Trump's 30.3% while in perceived to be ultra conservative Texas, Trump won by 52.4% to Clinton's 43.3%.

The enstatement of the popular vote wouldn't bias the election towards big states (which you supposedly treat as just having one voice) just for that reason alone.
>>
>>88035857
If you were popular vote you would matter less because rather than the state going one color it be the country. Also it's way easier to manipulate a popular vote. It's pretty damn hard to manipulate as it is becuse the values are different per state. Popular would really make it easy as fuck for Hitler 2.0 to happen
>>
Why are you guys still arguing about this?
Its over, see you again in 4 years.
>>
>>88036673
But they become all that matters
The issues of Florida are not the issues of Vermont
Popular vote would lead to a worse winner take all where the issues would only be fouces on those 5 states
The rest of the country would be a moot point
>>
>>88036882
To be fair the topic is about the system and I think it's worth debating if only to educate.
Those that want a popualr vote have no idea what they are asking for
>>
Anyone know when the ninth episode will air?
>>
>people arguing over whether the electoral college or popular vote is better when they both have serious downsides for different groups of people
Usually they coincide anyway, the electoral college is strange but not something that desperately needs fixing.

What needs fixing is fucking education. This whole problem with there being no consensus on what the facts are? All this nonsense with paid advertisements and outright lies sitting alongside and advertised as real news? That's the real problem, and you can't fix it through legislation or economic policy. You can only fix it by teaching kids critical thinking skills. Not the shit schools call critical thinking, the habit of questioning in an effective manner the things which you are told and being resistant to the impulse to be immediately swayed by a single argument.

When you tell kids to shut up and memorize the all-knowing book you can't act fucking surprised when they become adults that can't tell the difference between news and bullshit when they're both in print.
>>
>>88012023
Nobody fucking cares.

The whole reason the electoral college exists is to prevent too much power from being concentrated in a handful of large cities or powerful states. The electoral college ensures that the winner is the candidate whose message appeals to the largest variety of different constituencies and builds the strongest coalition of supporters, rather than just whoever can get the most raw votes on election day.
>>
>>88037033
Again, you're treating as if the population of those five states are one entity that votes the same way. While many big states are definitely either have a Democratic or Republican majority, pretty much all of them have enough of a percentage of voters voting he other way that it would be very unlikely that an election would be decided based on the whims of one state.

Also, you're forgetting about a pesky little thing called state governments that deal with the issues of Florida so that the national election isn't focused on the issues of a few states.
>>
>>88036686
>rather than the state going one color it be the country

You have no evidence to back this up. My state has been the same color since the 1960s. On a national scale the two parties are almost always within a couple percentage points of each other. The 2008 election, which is considered a pretty fucking huge landslide, was only a difference of 6 percentage points.

Whereas in my state, the total difference is more like 30 percentage points in a typical election. I have a much larger chance of making a difference in a national popular vote than I do in any sort of winner-take-all electoral system. In the current system my state will be the same color no matter what I do. My vote is literally worthless.
>>
>>88040350

Also everyone saying the electoral system helps people from small rural states is full of shit. I'm from a small rural state and my state is still in the bottom 10 in terms of how much an individual vote is worth.
>>
File: IMG_0157.png (169KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.png
169KB, 750x1334px
>>88038068
In fairness you have to want to learn
Some can be handed the world in knowledge and still just shit the bed because it sounds right or lets their side "win"
>>
>>88038068
>This whole problem with there being no consensus on what the facts are?

It's honestly scary how little we know for sure in today's world. I feel like the replication crisis alone should be causing mass panic, and that's before you even get into people deliberately lying or altering facts.
>>
File: 1363613.png (63KB, 700x788px) Image search: [Google]
1363613.png
63KB, 700x788px
>>88038068
>What needs fixing is fucking education.
Please you stand here claiming education is the issue when really it's people at large. Emotions control the masses far more than anything else. If a snippet from a new site confirms their bias they are quick to clasp the hand over their ears and say "This is the only truth" because that is what they want education and history be damn
Take for example 4 years ago when people thought Romney had the popular vote where Obama won by the EC on election night but not the popular vote (yet) all the conservatives wanted the EC to use their power to elect the "people's choice" and wouldn't see Obama as the people's president and argued that popular vote would be better with the liberals explaining why it would be so bad. This all sounding familiar yet? It's almost like both sides only care about winning and nothing about what is right or the facts. Because let's face how much is what we believe and know based in true research and facts and not just sensationalized media that just feeds us what sounds right?
>>
>>88040350
>You have no evidence to back this up.
>My state has been the same color since the 1960s.
That's my point, you change "my state" to "my country" you could only want this if you think it would swing your way but again, tell me if Trump won by popular vote, that he campaign in just the 50% that makes the US and won ignoring the rest of the state because it's a winner takes all on a national scale now rather than state by state would you still want that system?
>>88040632
>I'm from a small rural state and my state is still in the bottom 10 in terms of how much an individual vote is worth.
I said it suppose to helps them not all of them (which it does).
You sound more resentful of just your state Are West Virginia or Delaware? Always seems when I debate this with some one it's from those two states and I can get that to a point but going pure popular will just make you madder because you will be ignored even more and your vote will be a huge joke to the major metropolis cites.
>>
File: telltale.png (300KB, 588x819px) Image search: [Google]
telltale.png
300KB, 588x819px
>>88041681
>It's honestly scary how little we know for sure in today's world.
It has always been like that, we use top think the body had gallons of blood, that mercury was a good solution to health issues and that smoking was healthy.
The issue arises by what has already been shared, everyone fumbles in the dark it's just some have degrees to make you feel safer about their fumbling then yours.
>>
>>88040632
>the bottom 10 in terms of how much an individual vote is worth
Your vote will be in the bottom 300 million in a popular vote setting. As it stands it's just in the 1 in 40 chance it matters where popular it becomes 1 in 1 million that it matters.
>>
>>88041373
That should really be /pol/ and tumbler in that pic
>>
>>88041970

Both of those posts are me.

>That's my point, you change "my state" to "my country"

The popular vote nationwide can easily swing either way. The percentages are always mid 40s to low 50s for both major parties, meaning in any given election, a small number of votes has a real chance of tipping it one way or the other. In my state, the difference between the parties is more like 30-65. It's never going to tip the other way no matter what unless a major shakeup happens with the two major party platforms. Since my state is always going the same way no matter what, my vote will never make a difference. In a popular vote, there would be a chance, however miniscule, of my vote mattering somewhat.

>you could only want this if you think it would swing your way but again, tell me if Trump won by popular vote, that he campaign in just the 50% that makes the US and won ignoring the rest of the state because it's a winner takes all on a national scale now rather than state by state would you still want that system?

This isn't about Trump winning so much as me not having any reason to vote for president. Right now my vote is worthless. Whether I want Trump to win or not it doesn't fucking matter because my state's vote is already predetermined.

> West Virginia or Delaware?

no

>going pure popular will just make you madder because you will be ignored even more

Impossible. I don't even think presidential candidates know we exist.
>>
>>88042197
>Your vote will be in the bottom 300 million in a popular vote setting

It would also be in the top 300 million because my vote would be worth the same as everyone else's. Right now someone's vote in Arizona is worth dozens of votes from my state.
>>
File: 5309182344456.jpg (67KB, 736x549px) Image search: [Google]
5309182344456.jpg
67KB, 736x549px
>>88042288
>The popular vote nationwide can easily swing either way.
Actually looking at the EC it's the same situation. Remember Trump won states that haven't been red for decades.
>It's never going to tip the other way no matter what unless a major shakeup happens with the two major party platforms
>Since my state is always going the same way no matter what, my vote will never make a difference.
See >>88042197 you see it as hope when really it is just going to make it worse, it will never matter then-ever- shake up or no because as said earlier it leads to extreme power brokering that could lead to the same supercharged power take over Hitler made in German when he wasn't even in power, just around the power. (German used popular vote) EC flawed as it is puts the breaks on such take overs and manipulations, it stops old world government from just monopolizing the uneducated masses.
>no
K just asking so which state?

>I don't even think presidential candidates know we exist.
Then perhaps your lot in life is just that, popular vote will not fix that issue if you are in both a bum fuck state and have no EC power, take the EC power away and your like one of those European countries that just gets shat on 24/7
>>
>>88042367
>It would also be in the top 300 million because my vote would be worth the same as everyone else's.
You wouldn't be campaign at however and your vote would just be a piss in the wind. You wouldn't be a top voter, that be the states with the masses. They see them as the beautiful people, the Chads, Stacies of the world, if they look at your state and said they wanted your lives and "wealth" you better believe they will kill you for that large share of the pie. The presidents go where the voting power is, again I think you just bitch that you were basically in a 3rd world nation because you weren't born in the ivory cities where the money goes for the votes.
If your vote and state don't mean shit now it won't mean shit with a "popular" vote.

Basically I'm saying you are cursed where you live and nothing can change that.
>>
>>88042555
>Actually looking at the EC it's the same situation. Remember Trump won states that haven't been red for decades.

Florida was 50/49 in 2012, 51/48 in 2008, 47/52 in 2004 and 49/49 in 2000

Those same years, Pennsylviania was 51/46, 46/46, 48/42, and 45/43

Iowa--52/46, 53/44, 49/49, 48/48

Wisonsin -- 46/42, 48/41, 46/40, 44/38

Michigan -- 51/45, 49/44, 50/44, 42/38

Ohio-- 45/46, 40/43, 44/45, 48/47

Those are the states that flipped from blue to red to give Trump the win. Notice something? They're all really close historically. The reason those states could flip is there was only a few percentage points difference, so it was actually possible to influence the state one way or the other. The people in those states always had a vote because it was always possible to flip the state one way or the other

Compare that to my state--33/66 in 2012, 34/65 in 2008, 34/65 in 2004, 38/60 in 2000. My state is not close enough to ever flip.It can only ever go one way. Voting for president here is completely worthless.

>See >>88042197

see >>88042367. all I want is for my vote to be as meaningful as anyone else's.

>popular vote will not fix that issue

Ok, see above, how in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, etc above the vote is always pretty close with only a few percentage points between the winner and loser? On a national scale it's generally like that as well, meaning it's actually possible to influence the vote one way or the other. In my state I have no such power.
>>
>>88021024
Not many people media's popularity is at like 20%. It fucked itself the most. People still turn into local news but CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are getting fucked hard. I wish it was even lower. 24/7 news is awful.
>>
>>88011241
Wait , keith ice cream?
>>
>>88042660
>You wouldn't be campaign at however

same as now then.

Except I would go from having the candidates ignore me and being forced to throw my vote away in a state that goes 35/65 every time, to having candidates ignore me and getting to vote in a nation that goes close to 50/50 every time so my vote could change something.
>>
>>88021024

Everyone getting it wrong includes Trump's team. That's what made it such a big deal, NO ONE saw it coming
>>
>>88043078
We are just going in circles it seems because you are missing what I'm saying, change the system and the voting power changes. You examples would dynamically alter because as they were campaigned from the EC existence. You would see a whole other beast. The power would be strip from the already weak states and the might cities would get double the attention. Look to Europe, Germany and Australia if you want to understand how things would turn out.

>all I want is for my vote to be as meaningful as anyone else's.
if you are poor it will never be.
if you live around nothing it will never be.

Nothing is fair, nothing will truly be balanced, power and those with it will always have control. What you are asking is giving them easier power and an easier means to ignore you.
>>
>>88013403
Dave Chappelle has great stand up though.

The fact of the matter is most females are just shit at comedy, similar to how males just naturally put on muscle better naturally.
>>
>>88042660
That one piss that a person might take because they feel like their vote matters due to popular vote could add up just enough to the point that it could change the outcome of the election. Just think about how the Republicans in Vermont or the Democrats in Texas would feel about voting once the system finally changes to popular vote.

Also, one more thing, the system you're supporting (the electoral college) is undemocratic.
>>
>>88013484
Dont compare Season 19 to this giant shit heap. That season was great. Those things you're bitching about were only even introduced in the last couple episodes, which is just another reason why it was so good, each episode could stand alone but contributed to the whole. This one is just one long episode wiith sparse jokes and building up to nothing.
>>
>>88043358
>getting to vote in a nation that goes close to 50/50
You don't get it.
It's so close because they campaign around that winner takes all EC set up. Strip that and it goes one of two ways:
Australia where one power just takes over
Germany 1930s where you have 28+ parties with power and it just turns into a power grab from behind the scenes.
>>88043111
That's closer to how it was before 9/11
That event fuck with TV media and now they don't know how to go back to the way things were.
>>
i don't see a problem changing it from nowhere ohio, florida, and random other state being the most important for campaigns to places that actually have populations in the 4 digits being important

electoral college is bullshit based on slavery anyway so lets overhaul it
>>
>>88013454
There might be worse seasons than this, i just cant think of them right now. Honestly all these episodes this season just kind of blend together and it's hard to pick out one that's even decent to me. It's all basically the same unfunny thing.
>>
>>88043477
Again, circles here because you are assuming it will stay 1 for 1 like it is. You are assuming there would even be a chance when 50%+ of the country is in just 5 states
>Also, one more thing, the system you're supporting (the electoral college) is undemocratic.
I know there are a lot of posters here but I'm pretty sure I never said that was a bad thing, if you read up in history you discover most power moves that lead to dictators was through true democracy because it leads to an absolute mess where the majority prey on the minority.
course you might like that because that system might sling shot us back to 1700s values where gays, and minorities would be executed and killed with little remorse and slaves were fine to have. White power would truly reign if it was just the people in charge.
>>
>>88043700
Don't forget transgenders in that shit too, we finally be free of those degenerates.
>>
>>88043449
>>all I want is for my vote to be as meaningful as anyone else's.
>if you are poor it will never be.
>if you live around nothing it will never be.

If you give everyone a single vote, put them into one large pool, and count each vote one time, everyone's vote is worth the same. No amount of bullshit about how cities would have more influence can change that. Right now, I , as an individual, do not get the same vote that an individual from Ohio gets. If we went to a popular vote, I would.

All your bullshit about how "hurr they wouldn't come to your neighborhood and campaign" does not fucking matter because they already aren't doing that. Right now i have 0 fucking voting power. If it was a popular vote I would have 1/330000000 of the voting power. That's still more than 0.

>>88043541
>It's so close because they campaign around that winner takes all EC set up

It's the opposite, really. EC takes a really close election (46-48) and turns it into a landslide (306-232)
>>
>>88043755
I dont think he was implying that line was a good thing.
>>
>>88043822

>EC takes a really close election (46-48) and turns it into a landslide (306-232)

Yeah and you have someone who lost the popular vote acting like they have a mandate or are popular
>>
>>88043542
Overhaul it? Absolutely?
get rid of it? no, that will just lead to a bigger mess.
>>
>>88043822
>Right now i have 0 fucking voting power.
The fact you are not telling us the state but are so passionate about how shitty it is leads me to think you are just shitposting.
>>
>>88043822
So it's all personal then?
You don't care about the good of the country
You don't care about a system that protects the people at large
You don't care about making sure million including you don't suffer to extremes

You are just a butt hurt baby your vote isn't equal to everyone else?
>>
>>88043968
Only until it works in his favor then I'm sure he'll shut up.
>>
>>88043844
I'm saying it is. Trump or No, the EC is why half this progressive bullshit even happen.
>>
Ok it's official the mods are on holiday.
>>
>>88043700
>you are assuming it will stay 1 for 1 like it is. You are assuming there would even be a chance when 50%+ of the country is in just 5 states

And for some reason you are assuming that only one party would target the cities. If both are targeting the cities that would make the cities close to an even split. you have to remember it wouldn't be a winner-take-all system by city.

Consider the current system. If candidate A and B are campaigning in Florida and Candidate A wins by 1%, he gets 29 electoral votes. Let's say Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, and Arkansas, are up for grabs as well. That's 4 states that just barely match the 29 votes you get for Florida. Candidate B would have to win all 4 states to makeup for losing Florida by 1%.

Now consider the popular vote system. Florida has a population of 20 million. If Candidate A wins Florida by only 1%, that only puts him ahead by 200,000 votes. If Candidate A spent all his time campaigning in Florida, and Candidate B split his time campaiging in Florida and Alabama, he could potentially lose Florida by a small margin and completely make up for it by sweeping a large portion of Alabama's 5 million people
>>
>>88043352
You tried but I think this thread has been taken by /pol/
>>
>>88043968

I don't see how it's good for a country to give some people powerful votes and other people no vote.
>>
>>88044270
Well that's your opinion. But putting half that on EC would be one interesting to read paper.
>>
>trump haters
>>
>>88044403
>I don't see how it's good for a country to give some people powerful votes and other people no vote.
To be fair I don't see why it would be wise to get the open masses the power to vote.
Do you really want the unwashed masses that think whatever they want as truth to really hold the power of the football?
Im gonna be honest most people should never be allowed to have any power in politics.
>>
>>88044573
It's a nice sentiment is what i think most people believe when it comes to that. It's "nice" to think that you have the power to pick your countries leader and people always shove the lie that your vote matters down our throats. The fact that the majority of people believe that is proof enough that they shouldnt have that power. They dont even know how this system works.
>>
>>88044340
>If both are targeting the cities that would make the cities close to an even split.
Unlikely and if so then they are both going to campaign to the same issues but just claim they will do it better than the other guy. That is where it really poisons the well. Say you need better health care in your imaginary state you have yet to share but the major 5 states that win the election don't need that? They have no reason to care about you, more so the candidate that would reach to you would get crush by the other side when he notes he want to mess with a system that could hurt those 5 counties that don't want theirs changed. These tactics already happen but it's much harder to balance of the EC. Remove that and yeah yo have a 1% but they will keep those five states fat and happy while you feed them with no blessings short of just allowed to live.
>>
>>88044669
Basically this but don't tell worse state anon here or he might get trigger that his vote doesn't matter
>>
>>88044573

Right now the unwashed masses of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, and Wisonsin have the power to vote and most of us have nothing. You are not advocating a system in which only the informed get to vote; you are advocating a system in which people are arbitrarily given powerful votes based on where they live.
>>
>>88044669
>>88044787

great, but you still have not demonstrated why you think the voters of Colorado, Virgina, and Nevada should have powerful votes but New Mexico, West Virginia, and Kansas shouldn't.
>>
>>88044403
I'm a republican in California.

Does my vote matter? Not in the sense that my vote equals one vote, but you know what? We're waiting. Things might change. California might turn red one day. Yeah it might take decades, but we're here. I didn't even vote for a presidential candidate this year, but I might the next, and there are many of us who feel the same way.

So no, your vote DOES matter, just not for the President, for this election, and only because your fellow statesmen out shouted you. Vote for other things, like the senate and congress, where your vote always matters.
>>
File: MrHankeysChristmasClassics11.gif (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
MrHankeysChristmasClassics11.gif
21KB, 400x300px
>>88011241
I love that they had to use Garrison to make Trump, reminds me of the better, less shitty designs.
>>
>>88044714
>Say you need better health care in your imaginary state you have

Already been over this. My state already gets ignored.

>but the major 5 states that win the election

5 major states wouldn't win the election. you're applying winner-take-all logic to this. If there are 5 states that have half the nation's population in them, and say, one candidate wins all 5 of them, 60-40. He doesn't instantly get 50% of the votes right there, like he would in an electoral system. Right now he only has 30% of the total vote and the other guy has 20%. There's still room to catch up.
>>
>>88045036
States are in a constant state of flux in regards to voter demographics. People forget they are not set in stone in regards of their color.

Heck, people stupidly thought that Texas was going to flip blue this year, because more and more Dems are moving into Texas each year.
>>
>>88044907
>a system in which only the informed get to vote
That would exclude you anon.
>in which people are arbitrarily given powerful
Not arbitrary at all. You know this if your education and study was more than Youtube and safe spaces.
>>
>>88045269
>My state already gets ignored.
What is your state?
If you believe this why fear in sharing it?
>>
>>88045036
>West Virginia, and Kansas
I can give you a million fucking reason why they should never control the board.
West Virginia more so, those fuckers are as backwards as they can get when it comes to jobs and health.
>>
>>88045139
>Vote for other things, like the senate and congress, where your vote always matters.
See that's common sense and logic
Anon here is likely one of those cucks that is losing his shit that his side lost to a businessman.
>>
>>88045327
>States are in a constant state of flux in regards to voter demographics.

And the major parties are in a constant state of flux too. Remember when Obama was against same sex marriage? Remember when Hillary was the one saying we need to be less antagonistic toward Russia? The parties would change up to match the demographics.

>People forget they are not set in stone in regards of their color.

People act like it's surprising that so many states flipped from blue to red this year, but the only states that flipped are ones historically recognized as swing states. Like you pointed out, there was no huge upset where a deeply red state went blue or vice versa.
>>
>>88045269
>here's still room to catch up.
IF everyone votes but as we have seen those states are the ones that have the most voter output.
There might be some change but I doubt enough, many of Trumps winning states was under performance because no one wanted to vote either (it's like it's the 1980s again!)
But one flaw not raised is the fact that you would see 3rd party grow to 4th ,5th and 6th party much like other countries did.
>>
>>88018110
Are you an idiot?

Do you even realize how hard it is to vote,
Let alone doing it illegally?
>>
>>88045565
Depends on the state my friend.
Oregon and Washington you just mail in a piece of paper with check boxes. They mail it to you every year. One year I kept getting four other residence's voting papers. I took a gamble at voter fraud and nothing happen so for the 5 years I lived their my vote was worth 4 people even thought I'm not a citizen of the state.
>>
>>88045506
I mean, there were no huge upsets THIS year, but everyone acts like states will forever be their color from now till the end of time.

California was a red state untill 1988.
Texas was a blue state until 1980.

Things can, and will, change. People just need to lean how to be patient.
>>
>>88045661
>People just need to lean how to be patient.
please have you seen the retards on the internet? "No! tear it down, it doesn't work because I didn't get my way!"
They won't wait, they can't, their brains have been so fuck up with instant gratification the idea of doing something unpleasant likely triggers them to no ends.
>>
>>88045445
>Anon here is likely

this is what a complete lack of an argument looks like. I'm actually pissed that Hillary won the popular vote because I can't even complain about this shit without partisan retards like you seeing it as an opportunity to screech at one another.

>>88045139
>anon from Oregon gets to vote for senate, House, school board, state ballot measures, etc
>anon from Florida gets to vote for all those things PLUS PRESIDENT
>i-it's just as good though, right Oregon anon?
>>
>>88045859
Hey retard, you know the president power is only as good as the house and senate lets him be. Guess how you get most of those people?
>>
>>88045859
>his is what a complete lack of an argument looks like.
Coming from a guy that think popular vote will just work on made up hopes that the voting would stay the same under the new system I don't think you are doing to great yourself.
>>
>>88045909

thanks for not addressing the argument at all. Florida guy still has objectively more power than Oregon guy since he gets just as many votes for House and Senate.
>>
>>88045859
>anon from Florida gets to vote for all those things PLUS PRESIDENT
>i-it's just as good though, right Oregon anon?

I like how Oregon's vote suddenly doesn't count just because they weren't the ones to tip someone over the edge. They still voted. They still put their electors towards their pick. What makes their vote not count exactly?
>>
>>88045934

The only hope I have is that everyone's vote would have the same power, which it would.
>>
>>88045996

If you live in Oregon, you know that the Democratic presidential candidate is getting your state whether you stay home or not. There's no point in voting for president since the outcome is predetermined.
>>
>>88046079
Only if you wanted to vote Republican.

Are you just upset that you didn't get a Trump rally?

I mean, I would be too if I was a webfooter from Oregon.
>>
>>88046138
>Only if you wanted to vote Republican.

No. If you wanted Hillary to win, voting for her in Oregon still doesn't help since she was going to win the state anyway. Whether you vote with your state or no, you don't have a say in Oregon. No amount of record Democrat turnout in Oregon is going to give her more electoral votes.
>>
>>88046191
>voting for her in Oregon still doesn't help since she was going to win the state anyway.

If zero Democrats voted in Oregon, the state would be red. So, yes they do matter?

>No amount of record Democrat turnout in Oregon is going to give her more electoral votes.

And? Least you forget America is a Republic. You voting for President isn't actually you picking the President. It's you *suggesting* to your electors your preference. This is to ensure that the more populous states can not so easily interfere with the choices of smaller states, whose styles of life are almost completely foreign to each other.

Besides. You think it's bad that we voted a celebrity this time around? Look at true democracies like India. Their election is entirely based on empty promises and popularity contests.
>>
>>88046343
>If zero Democrats voted in Oregon, the state would be red

What are the chances of that happening? I'm pretty confident that the Democrat is going to win Oregon in 2020. Would you care to vote against me?

>This is to ensure that the more populous states can not so easily interfere with the choices of smaller states, whose styles of life are almost completely foreign to each other.

We've already been over this multiple times in the thread, holy shit. Instead of populous states deciding, it's swing states. Throwing the word Republic around doesn't change the fact that some individuals have much more of a say in the process, not due to merit or anything, but due to where they happen to live.

>You think it's bad that we voted a celebrity this time around?

We vote in a shitty celebrity every time.
>>
>>88046343
>Their election is entirely based on empty promises and popularity contests.

Fug this part got cut off.

So do we. Remember when Obama was going to close Guantanamo, and stop getting us into wars?
>>
>>88046471
>What are the chances of that happening?
>Durr what are hypotheticals?

>Instead of populous states deciding, it's swing states
Swing states just push you over the edge. They do not win election by themselves.

You must be a troll, or just disingenuous because I refuse to believe anyone is this stupid.
>>
>>88046571
>Swing states just push you over the edge. They do not win election by themselves.

And populous states would not win the election by themselves in a popular vote system.

>Durr what are hypotheticals?

Not things that you can just assume have a significant chance of happening.
>>
>>88045555
>But one flaw not raised is the fact that you would see 3rd party grow to 4th ,5th and 6th party much like other countries did.
And you're implying that is a bad thing. It would at nearly 100% chances keep one party from dominating the entire election and it would keep the Democrats and Republicans accountable as voters could just go to another party without them feeling their votes were wasted. Also, it would bring more diversity of political opinions to Congress instead of it just being partisan loyalist hacks with a few principled exceptions.

>>88044270
You really are so naive.
http://www.juancole.com/2015/05/mainstream-bernie-sanders.html
>>
>>88047021
>He's a Bernie supporter.

Figures. All that artical says is that the popular opinion among voters is that they want free stuff. No fucking shit. That's exactly why we can't have a popular vote.

The biggest disappointment this season is that Matt and Tray didn't give us a Bernie episode.
>>
>>88047021
It's a very bad thing
Read up on Hitler's rise to power. He was able to rise up because both people and politicians got sick of the 28 canidate system the popular vote made and he was able to get back room power amd abolishes democracy.
Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
>>
File: 1408307509757.jpg (75KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1408307509757.jpg
75KB, 601x601px
>Trump wins
>There's STILL people that hate him

I never asked for this emotional baggage.
>>
I hope Garrison stays as president for the entirety of Trump's presidency.
>>
File: 1476455425463.png (105KB, 1270x891px) Image search: [Google]
1476455425463.png
105KB, 1270x891px
next season
>>
>>88049111
Keep dreaming.

Wait, never mind, you probably shouldnt. That's just pitiful.
>>
>>88046471
>Throwing the word Republic around doesn't change the fact that some individuals have much more of a say in the process, not due to merit or anything, but due to where they happen to live.

What he means when he says America is a Republic is that America isn't run by direct democracy. There is no part of the American government save for things like state and local referendums that is decided by popular vote. Instead 90% of the time what people vote for are the lawmakers and politicians who run and shape the government, and who the people believe will appropriately represent, defend, and pursue their interests.

You don't actually control what your representative does or have any influence on his decisions, save for the threat of not re-electing him if you don't think he's doing a good job. This was a deliberate choice, because for a variety of reasons direct democracy is often a bad form of government that tends to fail or lead to abuses of power. The EC is based off of this same principle, with the public voting for electors who are the ones who actually decide who the next president is.

If nothing else in this country is decided by popular vote why should our president be any different? The EC may have it's fair share of problems but electing a president by popular vote would actually be a departure from the concepts that guide the rest of our governmental structure.
>>
>>88050066

I'm not complaining about it not being direct democracy; I'm complaining about some people's votes mattering more than others. If you can come up with an electoral system where everyone's vote is equally valuable, feel free.
>>
>>88034539
I don't know if TYT or Infowars are more objective to be honest, both definitely have their own slants. Maybe more upfront with what their bias is, but I wouldn't go out and out and say that they're completely objective.
>>
>>88050257
The Electoral College is by no means a perfect system. However popular vote isn't any better, tyranny of the majority was and is a real concern and the entire purpose of the Senate is to avoid it. If all we care about is the majority than the minority don't get their voices heard.
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.