[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this whole series fit into Hypercrisis? Why didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: lucifer-21.jpg (45KB, 420x646px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer-21.jpg
45KB, 420x646px
How does this whole series fit into Hypercrisis? Why didn't Elaine or Michael or Lucifer or The Endless appear at all during Final Crisis or any other big, cosmic DC event?
>>
>>88010677

I'm pretty sure it doesn't OP.

I think it has something to do with Neil Gaiman not wanting it to. I remember someone else telling me that The Endless and the entirety of The Sandman was shoehorned into the DC Universe because DC and Vertigo were writing Gaiman's checks.

It implies that if Gaiman had his way they'd be their own separate Universe.

So when the universe got Rebooted it didn't include them any more.

No Endless means Lucifer is just another Satan in the DC Universe.
>>
>>88010765
You can effectively turn the Batman villain who stole Morpheus' jewel into just some sociopath and write out the Mystery Comics' Sandman (with the gasmask) and have the entire series be a standalone in the same venue of Hellboy or Spawn.

At least I think Hellboy and Spawn are their own universes separate from DC.
>>
>>88010677
>How does this whole series fit into Hypercrisis?
it doesn't. hypercrisis isn't a thing
>>
Because inserting those characters isn't the story the writers want to tell. Having Lucifer show up to battle the anti monitor is just silly

Doesn't mean it doesn't fit. In fact, doesn't Lucifer creating his own pocket universe happen around the same time as Infinite Crisis, which brought back the multiverse? All that stuff fits, doesn't mean it has to be referenced all the time. Kinda takes away from the magic of the story to just shoehorn in characters to fight
>>
>>88010821
>At least I think Hellboy and Spawn are their own universes separate from DC.

Haha, wow. Who're you to be talking about comics continuity m80?
>>
>>88010677
While on the subject. Is the Lucifer run from 2k-2006 worth picking up?
>>
>>88011650
Absolutely.
>>
>>88011099
>Having Lucifer show up to battle the anti monitor is just silly
Would he just one-shot it? What's the phrase for Deus Ex Machina but for the Devil?
>>
>>88010677
They appear in the map of the multiverse and that's it, I think. Also the presence and the endless are seemingly below the monitors in the cosmic hierachy. Makes sense to me, to be honest. The former are omnipotent in universe, the later exist outside of the stories that are being told.

Also Dr Manhattan fucked Lucifer badly for the reboot, see Demon Knights.
>>
>>88011650
Yes. Very much so.
>>
>>88011909

Diabolus ex Nihilo? But I think that's just something made up by TV Tropes.
>>
>>88010677
>tfw you can make the DC Universe sentient through memes and funposting on /co/ but you can't make your waifu real
T-thanks Morrison
>>
>>88012024
Gaiman did it.
>>
File: 1442591422735.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442591422735.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
>>88011879
>>88011971
Will do so then. Cheers
>>
>>88012024
Morrison married his earth 11 counterpart, he still has secrets that he isn't telling you.
>>
>>88012042

And Paul Dini.
>>
>>88010677
I've been reading through Lucifer since this weekend and this is the second Lucifer thread to pop up in that time about shit I've been thinking about.
What gives, guy?
>>
>>88010677
Strangely enough, Lucifer was part of Infinite Crisis but not Final Crisis.

It was suggested that the REAL reason so many wacky stuff was happening was because Yaweh left his creation, and Elaine taking up the role of God was what actually fixed things.
>>
Any one of them would have dealt with the crisis with a thought. Guys like Lucifer and the Endless could care less that the anti-monitor or whoever is shitting on the multiverse.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.