[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what happens if he gets mortally wounded? Or is he just safe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: hob.jpg (117KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
hob.jpg
117KB, 500x666px
So what happens if he gets mortally wounded? Or is he just safe from all bodily harm if Death refuses to take him.
>>
>>88005403
He heals very slowly.
He managed to avoid drowning by not drowning, so...
>>
>>88005403
>avoid drowning by not drowning
Eh, makes as much sense as avoiding death by saying nah.
>>
He just doesn't die.

Diseases still have the same effect, but he can never die to them.
>>
He wouldn't die, even if you killed him
>>
>>88005498
kay
So let's say his lungs collapse and his heart stops (for any reason). How does his brain function or muscles contract without any oxygen delivery or pump to circulate it?
>>
>>88005555
Quads confirm you're overthinking a story that's more about the moral lesson than the correct use of the sciences.
>>
>>88005555
He just chooses not to die.
>>
>>88005579
But what is the moral lession?
I mean, even at the end of the comic he wants to keep living. Can a moral lesson work if the people it's aimed to can't physically live up to it?
>>
>>88005403

I think it's implied that he can get fucked up but he can't die. He served as a soldier for one period because he realized that and made a shit load of money being invincible. He's also been starved to the point of death but decided he had so much to live for that he refused to die.
>>
File: grant.jpg (39KB, 575x361px) Image search: [Google]
grant.jpg
39KB, 575x361px
>>88005579
wot?
>>
>>88005633
>But what is the moral lession?
That being alive is pretty dope and that change isn't so bad, even if it hurts like the dickens.
>>
>>88005555
Death will simply never come for him, if he doesn't want her

but in one word: magic
>>
>>88005677
Go to bed, Grant.
>>
>>88005555
he says once that if the doctors ever put him under a scalpel they would find nothing weird, he just moves, even when there is nothing biochemical way to move him i guess
>>
Death is the end of things and the begin of something new, so he is bound to his current existence and cant make a radical change. Any damage that would prevent him to be himself would be annulled
>>
>>88006665
>cant make radical change
>was in charge of trading slaves and became rich doing that
>realizes it was wrong and is burdened with guilt afterwards

sure, the guy didnt change at all
>>
When Death gives Madam Xanadu eternal life she says that she can die because of unnatural causes.
>>
>>88009372
Eternal life isn't the same as unconditionally not dying.
>>
File: MX-06-013.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
MX-06-013.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>88009642
She said Death won't touch her, see the second to last panel.
We are arguing about semantics here which has no point but Death herself cannot offer more to Hob than to Xan here.
>>
>>88009776
>plis...i dont want to die...
>sure, whatever, im on a good mood today, just call me if you need me

>I HAVE BESTED DEATH
preety arrogant, the lady
>>
>>88009928
That's Madam Xanadu for you.
>>
I want to hang out with Death
>>
File: 1452624224879.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452624224879.gif
2MB, 750x750px
>>88009776
>tfw a qt death will never come and take you away from all this
>>
>>88009776
> We are arguing about semantics here which has no point but Death herself cannot offer more to Hob than to Xan here.

By what logic can Death not offer more to Hob than to Xan? We know for a fact that she hasn't taken him for dying from unnatural causes. We can therefore assert that she has offered Hob something she did not offer to Xan there.
>>
>>88005403

Dream: Death, please do not take this man until he is ready to die.
Death: Okay
>>
>>88005555
Orpheus lived as a head just fine.
>>
>>88015668
Demigods, though.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.