[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I read the first four issues now and I'm starting to think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3440.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3440.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
I read the first four issues now and I'm starting to think we've had a lot of set up for this story to do some really weird things

>pop art panels
>prescription drug use
>horror comic elements
>unique tone and topics for a comic

Is this book going to turn it around? I was getting worried but I'm starting to have faith in the creators
>>
>snotgirl

Can't think of a less appealing title for a comic book.
>>
File: SNOTGIRL-01_cvrB.jpg (107KB, 593x900px) Image search: [Google]
SNOTGIRL-01_cvrB.jpg
107KB, 593x900px
>>87996328
>he doesn't like sick girls
>>
>>87995211
Story time? Only read the first issue.
>>
>>87995211
Yeah, I feel like it's going to go to some very dark places. I don't think Caroline is alive, for example.
I also feel like O'Malley doesn't want to be remembered as "the Scott Pilgrim guy", which is why he's writing this kind of story.
>>
>>87996426
Caroline's speech bubbles have been changing, the colors keep getting darker and darker.
I wonder if that has something to do with it.
>>
>>87995211
I still think they did gayshit in the bathroom
>>
someone post the last issue, still waiting for lesbians
>>
>>87996489
My girlfriend got very upset when it didn't turn out to be gay, but also very interested in where the story was going.
>>
File: RCO006_1479919358-1.jpg (699KB, 1988x1139px) Image search: [Google]
RCO006_1479919358-1.jpg
699KB, 1988x1139px
>>87996512
>>87996515
The last issue was kinda gay, but also had a weird twist cliffhanger so I wouldn't rule anything out.
>>
File: RCO007_1479919358.jpg (959KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO007_1479919358.jpg
959KB, 1988x3056px
>>87996595
>>
>>87996454
shit, there is a lot of subtle stuff going on in this book and its getting stranger
>less gimicky social media stuff as it goes
>also moving closer to the real characters as well and away from their gimicks
>character who knows real her hijacks her selfie and tells her not to post the pic on instagram
>character who doesn't/can't know her talks about her social media character being her
like we're starting to bounce around on character vs Character and i think that's on purpose
>>
>>87996717
Yeah, I think the series has a lot of potential with all the mindtrickery stuff going on.
It's a real shame most of /co/ was so quick to write off the book.
>>
>>87995211
The series is supposedly going to have multiple arcs, I really have no idea where it's going.
>>
>>87996971
Eh, I mean after the first few issues I feel like I get what they're doing with it.

I just really don't like stories that are written to make the main character deliberately unlikeable. Very different from an anti-hero.
>>
>>87997093
>he doesnt know that she's getting more and more likable by the panel
>>
>>87996328
I just saw a thread about some comic called Aquaman and the Others...

Jesus Christ, Aquaman is already equal to boredom, but then his sidekicks are "the others"? DC couldn't even be bothered to waste a creative name with Aquaman, I guess.
>>
>>87996426
I thought so at first but Caroline interacted with Normgirl's fiance...unless that was fake too.
>>
Wasn't expecting to like this at all but it's been pretty interesting so far
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.