[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/ What would you think about classic comics being redrawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: b8099e4ea52bc0126c66762f4d24cfed.jpg (156KB, 736x1078px) Image search: [Google]
b8099e4ea52bc0126c66762f4d24cfed.jpg
156KB, 736x1078px
Hey /co/
What would you think about classic comics being redrawn with modern art?
Do you think this could happen in the future?
Would you welcome it or hate it?

>inb4: >TDKR >classic >choose one
it's just an example. Imagine original runs for any character being redone
>>
>>87990872
also what if it was done with the writing?
as in, re-writing Silver Age stories without the cheese?
>>
Well the art is a big part of what makes it classic.

New art would look cool at first, but over the course of the story it'd lose its novelty so there's really no point.

What you posted there looks great and all, but I don't need an entire issue of that.

Anyway people who are unable to "deal" with "old" art should just kill themselves. The same with mongoloids who won't watch old movies or play old games. I can't even imagine how much of a braindead simpleton you have to be to think that way.
>>
File: jesus....jpg (145KB, 594x925px) Image search: [Google]
jesus....jpg
145KB, 594x925px
>>87990872
>What would you think about classic comics being redrawn with modern art?

A great idea but an improbable thing because art, muh respect, artist's vision, etc.

>Do you think this could happen in the future?
No.

>Would you welcome it or hate it?
Welcome it of course. I mean...
>>
>>87991057
I agree with you about the original art being a big part of the charm of a book, but the truth is wouldn't mind if they decided to modernize classic stuff, just as it's more satisfying for me to watch a space battle from a recent movie than from an old one.

Also, it probably would make it easier for new generations to find an entry point
>>
>>87991057
forgot to mention, artist in the OP is Gabriele dell' Otto

He's a treasure
>>
File: 1474504674054.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1474504674054.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>87991281
>"Welcome it of course. I mean..."

What are you trying to say anon?
>>
>>87991029
>EVERYTHING IS REWRITTEN TO BE SUPER SERIOUS AND GRIMDARK

Thanks, but fuck no, thanks.
>>
>>87991522
as if every modern comic tried to be grimdark

there's no reason to think it would be different in that case
>>
>>87991029
I kind of want Silver Age stories redone, dialog and plot 100% the same, but with very dramatic art and panel layouts, sort of like Axe Cop.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.