[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tiny Toons and Animaniacs sucked because it had too many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: hollywood-steps-out.jpg (42KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
hollywood-steps-out.jpg
42KB, 448x252px
>Tiny Toons and Animaniacs sucked because it had too many celebrity cameos.

Hypocrites! The old looney tunes had just as many and they were just as random.
>>
Yeah but nostalgia.
>>
Now look here fellas...this job is plenty risky, see? And if you get caught, you're on your own! Alright? So if anybody wants to back out, nows the chance, see?
>>
File: 03. The Wheel o' Comedy 2.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
03. The Wheel o' Comedy 2.webm
3MB, 720x480px
They actually both sucked because the animation wasn't good.
>TMSfags think this qualifies as good TV animation
>>
>>87988868
compared to everything else on the air during that time, it's a masterpiece.

Have you even seen the horrible production values in the syndicated TMNT back then?
>>
Yeah but they were celebrities I'm too young to know! Those don't count!
>>
>>87988990
the first season had decent animation
>>
>>87988681
>never saw the last season of Tiny Toons as a kid
>Buy DVD
>Most of the first episodes are weak but okay
>Last 5 on the dvd list
>Plucky go to a celebrity party and makes visual puns about current celebrities names
>The whole fucking episode is just this.
>Other episode is a parody of some generic MTV show (no, not the one with the tiddy bear) where Buster teachs kids to be cool and nice
>Is not funny even Ironically
>Next episode is another fucking parody of some generic TV show where they make fun of simpsons for being too tame (Ha!). More puns about movie and they brag for getting 4 seasons (like they will get a new one)
>The worst possible thing, was like seeing every comedy actor i ever liked in a Seth Rogen production.
>Last episode is a generic parody of "is a wonderful life" (how orginal)
>Plucky is the only funny bit, for some reason they try to make the rest of the episode sentimental

Looking back, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs suffered a lof of damage for being a "Whatever plot you want show, self aware of the 4° wall" by a lot of different writers in different positions about how the show was supposed to be. I aways wanted a reboot where they foccus more on the Acme Looniversity. Maybe a parody on adult swim where they complain to Bugs that his school never made none of them a real cartoon star
>>
>>87988681
Celebrity cameos are okay as long as they hold up on their own. In other words, it can still be funny even if you don't know who the celebrity is or anything about what they're known for.

Tiny Toons, and especially Animaniacs, failed in this regard.
>>
>>87989053
>Yeah but they were celebrities I'm too young to know! Those don't count!

That's the point of the problem
>>
Freakazoid's the only one of the Spielberg cartoon shows that's aged gracefully.
>>
>>87989579
Clone High cameos is a good example of this. The cameos crate their own personalities in the episodes
>>
>>87988681
>Hypocrites! The old looney tunes had just as many and they were just as random

How am I a hypocrite if I thought those specific Looney Tunes were also unfunny and dated?

Stop making up arguments with yourself, OP.
>>
>>87989699
How the fuck were they unfunny?
>>
>>87989658
The comedy of the show was soo deconstruct and abstract that it kinda make it timeless. Not perfect, but timeless
>>
>>87989715
>King Kong appears, King Kong is a thing
>Three stooges are beating themselves in a table. This is what the Three stooges do
>Gut who danced in this movie is dancing
>Name of movie is "tiny man", the man is literally tiny
>Puns
>With
>NAAAAAAAAMEEEEEES

Not all reference episodes of Marry Mellodies were bad (See the book ones). But the one op posted is basically the "Epic movie" of cartoons
>>
>>87989212
It really didn't. There's about five minutes of well animated sequences in the first season.
>>
>>87989939
It did though.
>>
>>87989962
You can believe that as long as you don't go back to check.
>>
>>87989577
>They sue Bugs for founding a fraudulent school
>as Bugs runs for President
>>
>>87988681
Yeah, I'd say that the old Looney Tunes cameos were far worse. At least in Tiny Toons and Animaniacs they did jokes about them, in LT they would just show up and quote themselves and that was apparently enough to count as a joke.
>>
Anamaniacs sucked because there were only a handful of funny bits, and the rest was pretty repetitive. Mindy and buttons was an exercise in frustration, Minerva mink was the same joke stretched for 4 minutes, I can't remember what the hippos did.

Slappy squirrel was the best part of the show.
>>
>>87988868

Standards are lower for television animation. It's pretty good for what it is.
>>
File: images (9).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>87990021
>Acme Looniversity was a hoax so the old looney tunes could scam money of kids
>There are never a deegre dedicated to slapstick or a superior school on being a cartoon character. Since cartoon characters are just created from the nothing.The whole show was a parody on Art Schools
>>
>>87990041
Taking off Pink and the brain, The dog and the little gir were the only segments with a real concept
>>
>>87989053
Well yes actually. They're done in such a way that the writing is still good and you can enjoy the cartoon even if you're not entirely getting the reference.
>>
>>87989577
>Maybe a parody on adult swim where they complain to Bugs that his school never made none of them a real cartoon star
I can already see Charlie Adler signing up

Being paid to swear in character is probably his wet dream
>>
>>87988681
Anything that will eventually date a work is bad. But at least Looney Tunes made a joke around the reference, as a kid, even if you don't know who the hell these people are, it's still funny. More recent cartoons were basically just "lel famous person caricature". Also Looney Tunes were either lucky or smart enough to pick celebrities who people still know because their movies or music became classics, more recent cameos are overwhelmingly of pop celebrities who literally no one is going to remember in another 20 years.
>>
>>87988740
Shut up Boco.
>>
>>87990574

>implying the average normie knows who humphrey bogart is
>>
>>87988740
Can someone throw a anvil on Boco?
>>
>>87990644
More people can name Humphrey than the random MTV show they were parodying. One was 70 years ago, the other 20, make your conclusions.
>>
File: 1464571398206.png (498KB, 1035x577px) Image search: [Google]
1464571398206.png
498KB, 1035x577px
>>87990021
>>87990279
>>87990411

>All the characters on Loonatics Unleashed we're former students of acme looniversity (maybe not the orginal ones)
>Warner wanted to reach a new action cartoon style, but all that the student's learned was about 30's slapistick, so they fail
>None of the acme students ever got a job on animation again, they all now work on fast foods or selling their asses on the alley, while the original Bugs crew still makes new shows
>>
in looney tunes theyre famous entertainers.

in the 90's they were random nobodies who happen to be famous to people obsessed with celebrity gossip or hollywood insiders, not Arnold and other stars of the generation.

there's plenty of other flaws too. like in >>87988868 there's no reason for the action. Looney tunes had clear concepts like rabbit eludes hunter, where the violence proceeds from a story.
>>
>>87990838
Very realistic. Just like all of those tallent and singing shows that are supposedly out to make new celebrities in the end only serve as a platform to keep the judges who are established celebrities relevant.
>>
>>87988868
Those lobsters look...animeque
>>
>>87990936
>in looney tunes theyre famous entertainers.
>in the 90's they were [...] famous [...] people

Fixed your retarded post.
>>
>>87989053
The original Looneytunes wheren´t made especifically for kids, so even if kids didn´t know who Humprey Bogard was the adult would probably recognize him.

Tinytoons was aimed at kids but had celebrities the children probably didn´t know.
>>
>>87991278

don't be butthurt man.

i can barely remember the celebrities in 90's wb despite being the focus on many occasions, while i clearly remember frank sinatra and bela lugosi
>>
>>87988990
>compared to everything else on the air during that time

That's a horrible excuse, because it's not even true.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.