[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's put pointless wandering without focusing on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Song of the sea.jpg (15KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
Song of the sea.jpg
15KB, 182x268px
>let's put pointless wandering without focusing on the most important parts of the plot
>nah, just kidding, there's your 20 minutes tearful plot, right in the ending
Disappointing. And to think that this movie had a lot of potential. Man, that music was so amazing...
>>
It's still insulting that Big Hero 6 won the Oscar that year.
>>
>>87985202
/co/ is fucking stupid. Are you underage?
>>
>>87985247
It was good, but not as good as Inside Out
>>
>>87985247
Insulting, but not surprising. The majority of Oscar voters don't watch animated films besides Disney because those are the ones their kids drag them to see. GKIDS films have zero marketing and have a limited theater run in the US, so of course no kid is gonna drag their parent to see it.
>>
>>87985301
Probably, but also Dreamworks keeps it up
>>
didn't one of the oscar people say something like
"never heard of that chinese shit"
>>
>>87986425
can't make this shit up
>>
>>87985247
>>87985301
>>87986425
Who cares? It's the nomination that matters. That's the part that's actually decided on by those in the industry, the winner is just a popularity contest.
>>
>>87985247
What's with the incredible amount of hate for BH6? Yeah, something besides that should've won, but Jesus some of you guys act like it's the worst movie ever.
>>
>>87987149
The whole Animation category is a huge waste to be honest. Only American animated movies with a ton of marketing stand a chance, and Disney/Pixar is pretty much the winner every year.

Nominated movies might make moviegoers interested in seeing these films, but honestly the majority of Americans don't care about seeing foreign animated films no matter how good they are. Animation as a whole to them is just a fun little distraction and nothing more.
>>
>>87987254
Nobody hates it, the majority thinks it's an okay film. People are just upset that an average film beat a bunch of other superb films in the Oscars.
>>
>>87987149
>>87985247
>>87987538

Is there no awards show just for the animation industry? Clearly the Academy doesn't care about animation and there are too many genera and styles of animation to asses them under the banner of "best cartoon"
>>
>>87985202
But this was a fucking great movie.
>>
>>87988172
There is a general "Best Animated Feature" award, but most of the Oscar voting panel have admitted to not even watching all the movies nominated. Most of the time Disney wins just because it is Disney, because that's the only one they watched or the only one they even recognized.
>>
>>87988172

The Annies is what you want if you're entertainment focused. An award show completely for animation with awards ranging from best animated feature to best TV show. I think it's alright, but it's a bit American-biased:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Award

However, if you're international artistry focused, the Anncey Animated Film Festival is a very high honor. The judges have really sharp taste in animation and it's not a popularity award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annecy_International_Animated_Film_Festival
>>
>>87988658
Well its good to know there's some recognition within the industry at least.
What are the BAFTAs like for animation?
>>
>>87988743
Just the same Animated Feature and Short categories. Animated feature winners reflect the winners of the Oscars (mostly Disney and Pixar winning, but at least Lego Movie actually got nominated and won that year), but the shorts are mostly British dominated.
>>
>>87986538
I watched it with my mom and afterwards we had this conversation:
>Where was this made, son?
>Ireland, I think.
>Wow, I didn't know they made anime there.
>>
File: d96.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>87988658
>Annecy Awards
>Coraline and Mary & Max both won that year.
>Fantastic Mr. Fox got nominated, but actually won this time.
>>
>>87989044
Yeah, the films that should have won in the Academy actually won here.
>>
>>87985202
OP, you might try looking at the film from the perspective of a fairytale. You sound like you're analyzing it from the standard pattern of a modern tales. But you should consider the mystic elements fairytales, the frequently non-human motivations of characters involved. You'll find it is better written than you're giving it credit for.

>>87987254
Bland Hero 6 was boring, uninteresting, and predictable. People hate it because it continues to get accolades for being something above mediocre but has never delivered.

>>87985276
Nah it was better than Inside Out. But not by much.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.