[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uh, hi, Mr. Alonso. I've been doing some thinking, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: TBOLTS2016007-DC11-LR.jpg (103KB, 864x1311px) Image search: [Google]
TBOLTS2016007-DC11-LR.jpg
103KB, 864x1311px
Uh, hi, Mr. Alonso. I've been doing some thinking, and I got some ideas to improve the book. I got it right here.

Uh, one: Bucky needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a cosmic cube.

Two: Whenever Bucky's not on screen... all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Bucky?"
>>
ebin
>>
>>87984284
How many times is this exact same joke going to be posted?
>>
Memes aside, what was the point in making this a Thunderbolts book?

What's the margin of Thunderbolts fans actually reading it? Is it somehow just enough added on to the Bucky fans that it survives? I feel like a straight up Bucky book would get a higher readership, and that's obviously what they want to write.
>>
>>87985263
T-bolts right now are at 16k after six issues.
Previous Bucky book, when he was in space with Quake, was cancelled at #11, with 12k.
Memender's Bitter March sold OK for mini, from 31k to 19k.
Brubaker's Winter Soldier started with 50k, ended with 19k.
Take it as you want. He's selling decently. Even if I have no idea, maybe Brubaker did something terrific. Bitter March and Space Guardian sucked.
>>
>>87985490
And to put Thunderbolts:
Rulk's Thunderbolts had opening of 83k, ended up with 20k. It had Infinity crossover and one of those issuenumber.NOW! gimmicks. 32 issues, all in all.
>>
>>87985490
Isn't 16k cancellation territory for Marvel?
>>
>>87985660
around 20k used to be the danger zone but they've relaxed their standards a bit
>>
>>87985660
Yep. 10k is for DC.
But if they can milk whole trade, they will.
>>
>>87985231
Until it gets cancelled
>>
>>87985263

The only ones I am seeing that are actually enjoying the book are Bucky fans. With very few exceptions most Thunderbolts fans I have seen seem to fucking hate it. Neither fan base likes the art, and the T-Bolts fans despise the focus on Bucky.

I am mostly puzzled at whom they are trying to aim this book at. The writing/letter-section/social media marketing by the creative team make it obvious that the only ones they give a fuck about are Bucky and Bucky fans, but if that is the case why not make the book a Winter Soldier solo in the first place? And since it's clear that they are it aiming at Bucky's young female fanbase who like him all pretty, why put an artist with such an unappealing art style on the book?
>>
>>87985749
If I think about the arc of this comic and how I was even vaguely positive about the initial Bucky reveal. That could work, I thought. Fuck.
>>
>>87985749
I think there was a conflict where they genuinely wanted to bring a lot of OG Bolts stuff into it, like the Liefeld-y art and the classic team and sorta Citizen V and Jolt figures if you squint, but then also BUCKY BUCKY BUCKY BUCKY BUCKY.

I don't even know what the "Bolts" side of the book's plot is anymore. Is there one? I wonder how the pitch for this went down and how much it got modified from the original outline.
>>
>>87985812

The thing is, it could have worked and done great things for both the T-Bolts and Bucky, and that's what makes it sting even worse (and I'd even have been willing to forgive Malin's art if the writing had been good). But that would have required a creative team that a) isn't shit and b) gives a fuck about someone other than Bucky.

I don't know about anyone else but all this book has accomplished so far is to make me completely loathe Bucky.
>>
>>87985231
Until it stops being one of the most relevant comments about the state pop culture today.
>>
>>87985917
I feel like Civil War 2 might have messed around with this a bit, in that if you had gone straight from Standoff into the full Cap event maybe you would have been able to play this book into it quicker and it would have been better. It does look like this is going to tie in, especially with Zemo getting brought into the main Cap title now.

But yeah
>I don't know about anyone else but all this book has accomplished so far is to make me completely loathe Bucky.
I'm exactly the same. It's actually one of the Marvel books that provokes the strongest reaction in me, because nothing about the book is good. Bad art, bad writing, weak hook, wasted potential, nothing original. It's shit all the way down. I don't want to see Bucky in anything else for years from this.

Also is OP a faggot?
>>
i like bucky and the t-bolts so i'm fucking in pieces over this

and poor bucky got replaced as steve's BFF
>>
>>87985991
>state of pop culture today

It's a couple lazy jokes about a shitty book. How does it apply to anything but t-bolts?
>>
>>87985917
The one ruining the book is the editor.
>>
>>87986069
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Simpsons quote.
>>
>>87986132

Nah, the editor is an idiot but Zub is the main problem here. Nothing he has written has ever been better than mediocre.
>>
>>87986132
I know the editor is a textbook Stucky fangirl, but it can't all be her fault.
>>
>>87986172
That would make him perfect for a 90s nostalgia Thunderbolts revival since Busiek and Nicieza are solidly mediocre.
>>
>>87986006

>I don't want to see Bucky in anything else for years from this.

It's petty of me but I hope Bucky gets killed of in the Hydra war and stays dead for a couple of years. Marvel has no clue what to do with him, anyway, other than have him shit up other character's books.
>>
>>87986232
Make him agent of SHIELD, that's where everyone is earning their bread these days, anyway.
But every story arc has to allude to Russia.
>>
>>87986284
Ah, the ole Black Widow treatment.
>>
>>87986284
>>87986303

just give them a spy couple team up book like Marvel shoulda done years ago!

i liked the man on the wall status quo cause it was an excuse for him to never be around but had something to do
>>
They should just differentiate Steve from Sam by letting Sam have the regular Captain America title, while Steve and Bucky get a Captain America and the Winter Soldier book. Satisfies Bucky fans, shippers, and Marvel because Steve's popular enough to support the book.
>>
>>87986303
Yeah.
You know, I remember anon mentioning that quote "only Bucky, Jason Todd and Uncle Ben are dead and stay dead". Now we know it's not true anymore, right? Both Jason and Bucky wandered through their universes completely aimless, nobody knew what to do with them. There's meta team-up there.
>>87986381
There were couple of scenes I liked in last Bucky book but overall I didn't have much fun.
Covers were top tier, though.
>>
>>87986411

i read it for the art, no regrets.

>>87986397

Sam has the regular Captain America title!!
>>
>>87986433
I know he does. But right now it's Sam Wilson: Captain America and Steve Rogers: Captain America. That's shitty branding. It should be Captain America and Captain America and the Winter Soldier.
>>
>>87985749
classic T-bolts fan here
This book is shit.
Fuck Bucky, fuck Kobik. Fuck everything about it. The only thing it has going for it is that it's not Soule Traine's Frank Wank Power Hour.

Honestly Thunderbolts's time has probably passed.
>>
>>87986899
It's not been that long since we got Parkerbolts which was entirely solid.
>>
>>87986932

If anything Parkerbolts just proves that all it takes is a decent creative team to make a hook or pitch work.
>>
>>87987127
Yep. I don't know who you tap now for Thunderbolts though. You have this tiny range of "decent" amidst a sea of crappy-quirky and just crappy.
>>
>>87987216

Well, people in the thread for the #7 preview suggested Bemis/Spencer/Ewing/Hastings. And afaik Kev Walker is still doing art at Marvel so you could in theory tap him for a Bolts book again.
>>
>>87987302
Bemis is the Foolkiller guy? What else has he done?
>>
>>87985749
>The only ones I am seeing that are actually enjoying the book are Bucky fan
As a raging Buckyfag, I dislike this book, and pretty much everything involving him starting at Original Sin.

Bitter March was good, but that wasn't really a Bucky book.
>>
>>87987323

The "Worst X-Men Ever" mini and a creator owned title. From what I have read of him, he has a nice sense of humor and solid grasp on character voices, and is capable of plotting out a decent character arc. And what we have seen of his Foolkiller at least made the effort to bridge the gap between the character's different stages in life and explain how he got where he is now, so can I see Bemis do well with using T-Bolts continuity.

If nothing else, he'd probably do better than Zub.
>>
>>87987323
He did X-men: Worst X-man Ever and was the lead singer of Say Anything.
>>
File: Lee_Bermejo_Winter_Soldier_3.jpg (137KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lee_Bermejo_Winter_Soldier_3.jpg
137KB, 535x800px
>>87986381
>just give them a spy couple team up book like Marvel shoulda done years ago!
Anon...I

Seriously though, 14 of the best issues Marvel has put out this decade.
>>
>>87987417
>>87987426
>the "Mister, I've been such a *fool*" guy writing Moonstone
wew
>>
>>87987323

http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=39760

It's apparently all decent to good outside of his two Crossed arcs, one of which was that retarded social justice one that that stapler beating pic that was popular for a while comes from.
>>
>>87987537
Eh, I read that Crossed one and it was hardly terrible for Crossed.
>>
File: 1453936285124.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1453936285124.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>87987537
Oh you mean that page which triggers other boards on this website?

Guy is one of my favourites already then
>>
>>87987417
Pretty sure the idea of Zub being good at anything only came from his starting out catering to niche audience with Skullkickers.
>>
>>87987662

Yeah, he also did that one with the infected brother that actually did start off fairly interesting, but it pretty much went nowhere and crapped out.

Then again, that is kind of par the course for a lot Crossed.
>>
>>87987537
You can't hold Crossed against people. The point of Crossed is to be as edgy and trashy as possible. The entire premise of the comic is that there's a deadly virus that's infected most of humanity that turns them into roving bands of edgelords.
>>
>>87987662
>being a numale cuck who reads/writes Crossed
>>
File: 1471449116877.jpg (46KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1471449116877.jpg
46KB, 526x526px
https://twitter.com/AlannaWrites/status/802320985634508800
>>
>>87989480
>Great covers. Great artwork and writing. WINTER SOLDIER. This book is a MUST HAVE! :)
>>
>>87989480

Bucky should have stayed dead.
>>
File: 1477665384670.jpg (111KB, 528x516px) Image search: [Google]
1477665384670.jpg
111KB, 528x516px
>>87985749
Can't wait for the Stuckyfags clash with the Songbird or Zemofags since they are the loudest Thunderbolts fans.
>>
>>87990131

The Songbird and Zemofags tend to stick to and complain into their own corners, though, rather than actively trolling or seeking out fights with creators or Stuckyfans.
>>
File: noose.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
noose.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>>87989681
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.