[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or do cartoons seem to be better when the animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 73

File: spongebobevolution[1].jpg (26KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
spongebobevolution[1].jpg
26KB, 580x326px
Is it just me or do cartoons seem to be better when the animation isnt as polished? I overheard a conversation about how the simpsons earlier seasons had more charm because the animation took a backseat (characters are often off model)

The more I think about it, with a couple of exceptions, cartoons were simply better with all of these flaws.
>>
I think there's a correlation.
Whether it's a causation, I'm not sure.
>>
>>87984122
>I overheard a conversation about how the simpsons earlier seasons had more charm because the animation took a backseat (characters are often off model)
>Is it just me or
think next time before you type
>>
>>87984152
now that I think about it, those first seasons with the cheaper animations are the ones that got renewed
>>
File: IMG_4414.gif (1MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4414.gif
1MB, 500x277px
It made them more dynamic and hand-crafted, that's for sure. It's almost uncanny how sterile most modern animation is, even though shows like Clarence and Steven Universe are still drawn with pencil and paper (and then scanned in, cleaned up, and digitally inked & painted). Stuff made entirely in the analog domain generally just has an indescribable charm to it, heavily out of nostalgia sure but also a tangible difference in look, more dreamlike by way of being less accurate, if not hazy like videotape then speckled with fine grain like film. Ed, Edd n' Eddy stuck to old techniques for as long as they were able in order to preserve that look.
I think they do a lot more tracing these days in order to ensure an on-model look because it's cheaper. TV certainly doesn't get the ratings it used to, so there isn't as much money in it. With effort though dynamic animation is still doable, Clarence actually has a couple of episodes with some impressive bits.
>>
>>87984409
don't most companies still send the keys off and outsource the inbetweens?

Shows like King of the Hill had extensive rules for the outsourced animators to follow.
>>
>>87984409
>even though shows like Clarence and Steven Universe are still drawn with pencil and paper
wat really?
>>
>>87984486
Last I saw they drew keys on paper and scanned them in and Wacom them, they don't draw all 12 fps themselves.
>>
>>87984122
I've always disliked how Spongeboob looks now. He looks too simple and neat.
>>
>>87984555
I keep looking at that picture and I finally figured out what annoys me about the 2014 picture. Its that the line of action has always been drilled in when I was in animation classes so I'm unconsciously always looking for it. Straight lines are boring, Old Spongebob is just standing still and has a line of action.
>>
>>87984122
>simpsons earlier seasons
>animation took a backseat
It takes a backseat NOW. The older seasons had much more polished animation, just like how that picture of yours where the older art is much more solid and the right is "polished" by a standard of uniformity that no-one actually uses.
>>
>>87984668
This. I don't even study animation but I noticed this. The old Spongebob has a more relaxed, natural stance. The new Spongebob, in that picture anyway, looks stiff. It's like he sat on a broom handle or something.
>>
>>87984122
Hi John K.
>>
>>87984122
The appeal of traditional animation has always been its imperfections. There will always be drawings that are off model or muddy, but that's proof that a human being had crafted those drawings with passion and heart. The problem with computers is that they take away those imperfections, and what you get is a very linear and stale style of animation.

>>87984409
You're right that most outsourced animation studios do a lot of tracing. What normally happens is that the American studios do all the storyboarding, but also add lots of panels to create the major keyframes of the animation. Then the studio that it gets outsourced to traces over the keyframes and do the rest of the inbetweens. So pretty much all the Korean animation studios do nowadays is in-between work, which is why TV animation looks so stale. It's possible that Clarence gif was entirely done at CN before being outsourced, or they requested that scene to be done by completely done by a top animator at the outsourced studio.
>>
>>87985054
>You're right that most outsourced animation studios do a lot of tracing.
Only Korean ones though.
This never happens with Japanese studios.
>>
>>87985076
They're also paid the equivalent of our minimum wage with no concept of overtime.
>>
>>87985076
Koreans are just in-betweeners through and through. Japan has a lot of pride in animation, so of course they will take all outsourced work seriously and not trace.

However, Japan is crazy expensive to outsource to compared to Korea, and most Japanese studios are busy working on Japanese anime to do outsourced work.
>>
File: screenshot_2016_07_13[1].jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2016_07_13[1].jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>87984122
polished = refined in this case
>>
>>87985160
Doesn't Japan also outsource to Korea?
>>
File: IMG_0297.jpg (23KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0297.jpg
23KB, 300x168px
>>87985054
That is just child's play when it comes to the sterilization of animation that is thanks to Koreans. Now what happened to the animation of adult shows (especially the ones made by Seth Macfarlane such as pic related) is the real tragedy. Unlike CN's and Nick's shows, Fox and the creators of their animated shows intentionally forced their animators to be as on mode as possible and the results are on display right here.

https://youtu.be/hewk3oh7NTM

The old intro, while definately not bouncy or cartoony, still had a hand drawn aethstetic and somewhat fluid animation. It had enough off model moments and sketchiness in the frames that one couldn't mistake it for traditional hand drawn animation. The animation kind of looks like a slightly exaggerated version of real life human motion which works with what the show was trying to be. Meanwhile, the HD remake of the intro, while still technically mostly drawn with paper and pencil (then scanned in and digitally inked and painted) looks so stilted that one could easily mistaken it for flash puppet animation. This has the result of the characters looking extremely soulless which ironically fits into the slow flanderization of the characters of that show into hollow caricatures of their former selves.
>>
>>87986557
only if the budget runs out
>>
File: Papa_Dog.jpg (218KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Papa_Dog.jpg
218KB, 720x480px
>>87986557
Yep. Like I said, Koreans are cheap in-betweeners for other counties.

Not trying to dis Koreans. They're starting to realize how much grunt work they're doing and are trying to push an industry of their own. There's lots of Korean cartoons right now, and they're pretty great. Very few shows are being subbed in English though. Pic related is one of my favorites.
>>
>>87984930
don't you have other dissenting posts to reply with T. mr enter or some equally autistic rebuttals?
>>
>>87984122
So what you are saying is;
>it's a "amerifats fall for the "HD" meme, except in this case it's a cartoon instead of video games" episode

With that I agree.
>>
>>87984122
It's not about being polished, it's about the method of animation itself, to the right we see a model that is used in some cheap-to-use software that animates quickly but requires pre-made models that can't suffer too much change when moving in an animation. To the left we have a single drawing that was made specifically for that shot. Think of it as an expensive cloth puppet and a cheap wooden one, you have better control of the movements of the second but if a part wasn't made to bend you can't bend it no matter how much you need to bend it for your scene.
>>
>>87984122
>Is it just me
It is never just you. Even your weirdest inner thoughts. Stop fucking asking.
>>
>>87984122
>Is it just me
NO IS NOT JUST YOU
EXIST 7 FUCKING BILLION OF PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET
YOU' RE NOT A SPECIAL SNOW FLAKE.
>>
>>87984122
I'm not an expert, but as an artist I'm 100% sure that those little imperfections in hand drawn animation make things more pleasing and warm. It's like your brain enjoys processing that little bit of wobbling in the lines. I can probably make parallels with music too, e.g. a drum-machine hardly sounds as nice as an actual competent drummer on a nice drum kit. You can achieve texture and roughness in digital art but at the moment it's still not at the same level as the human hand.
>>
>>87988756
>>87988893
nice tumblr post
>>
>>87988344
are you incapable of communicating without memes
>>
>>87984154
>>87988756
>>87988893
autism
>>
>>87984122
Also in your picture's case, things are definitely cheaper.

> No background texture in 2014
> Spongebob is not wider at the top (against directives given by the creator, it's explicitly stated that the top should be wider)
- Feet are copy/pasted
- Pupils same size in 2014
- Bad holes/texture on SB's side, look how it overlaps with the arm?
- Shitty perspective on the pants box
- Shitty hand pose
- Bad cancer colors
>>
>>87984122
I think think it's safe to assume you didn't grow up with the original Ren & Stimpy cartoon? John Kricfalusi the creator has this great philosphy on how cartoon characters and their bodies should react to the world they live in.
True the pilot isnt always the cleanest looking animation, but a lot of the time, it's the most entertaining engaging because the creator put the time and the attention to detail to things like how SpongeBob's forehead should wobble a little out of sync with the rest of his body due to the weight balance. You also get more visual style because it's really as close to the creators vision as you can get. I'd take a pilot over a syndicated cartoon that ships out their animation to another country.
Nowadays computers have made much of the discussion moot, right?
>>
File: android16.jpg (15KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
android16.jpg
15KB, 288x216px
>pitching a show
>really desperately want it to be done in house by fewer, more skilled animators and in a style that doesn't require enough inbetweens to warrant outsourcing
>know that's going to be a fucking near impossible sell with how people are dead set on following the frankly obsolete animation pipeline
>half of the shit that takes them a fucking year to make could be done in like a week by just making it mixed media and using like a handful of good looking shortcuts
>everyone is working with this obtuse paper puppet style of animation because it's "efficient" when really it just makes the pipeline more and more of a cluster fuck
>nobody willing to Frankenstein effects anymore
>the budget gets eaten up by all the wrong people and they keep finding worse and worse ways to spend it

It's like people don't realize we've fucking had two decades of incredible animation technology developments that let something thst took 7 years to make take 1 year instead, or even less than that, and they keep putting in too many cooks for something that really just needs a small team of people who know what the fuck they're doing delivering something that doesn't have to be disney perfect, but still has effort. There's s reason people like shit like ash vs evil dead despite the low budget, all the effects are still practical. They still try, but people are more open to limited things with vision than robotic in model shit or soulless perfect cgi dolls.
>>
>>87989331
You can always keyframe an entire show by yourself, and have someone in house do the in betweens.
>>
>>87989331
Tldr
>>
>>87984122
Pretty much. I rewatched SU this week and I gotta say the art from the earlier seasons was much more visually interesting, even if it was more loose. It let the artists do what they wanted in meaningful ways. Like Raven and Paul's episodes from Season 1 are fucking great in terms of art, while their later ones aren't as good, and sometimes just bad. I think a lot of that has to do with the production change later on
>>
>>87989379
Yeah but that isn't as efficient.
I think the only way to convince them is to make the pilot underbudget and ahead of schedule to show them how much of an edge you can have by just dropping this shitty system everyone thinks they have to go through to make cartoons., when really all you need is like, a really small team instead of one million interns. It makes the pipeline smaller, the artistic vision is kept, and frankly it makes things shorter and cheaper to have people who know what they're doing instead of a conga line of people playing telephone with instructions.
>>
>>87988948
Sure.
It's a people from America has fallen for the "muh quality" opinion, but instead of video game graphics it's cartoon handmade animation being replaced with flashshit "animation".

I thought it would be better to use the shorthand version but apparently it wasn't clear enough for you.
>>
>>87989331
It's hard to balance art with business. Animation companies are a business first and foremost and won't care about spending lots of time and money for the highest quality. Money is on the line.

If you really want artistic freedom, go indie or make a web series. There's no way the industry will let you do that. However with indie projects you lose mass marketing, so it's a tough call. One thing has to sacrifice.
>>
>>87989466
If you can prove it and sell how you're able to consistently do it, I don't think anyone would turn you down, save if it were a bad show concept.
>>
>>87989892
I understood what you said but even now you still failed to reply without using memes.
>>
>>87984122
Depends on the cartoon. In the case of Spongebob, the animation in 1999 was better.
>>
>>87990205
>using memes
Such as?
>>
>>87990303
> the "muh quality" opinion
>>
>>87984486
>>87984522
Doing them and inking them on paper is what korean studios usually do
>>
File: 1473793977871.jpg (13KB, 196x178px) Image search: [Google]
1473793977871.jpg
13KB, 196x178px
>>87990927
>People having that opinion legitimately makes it a meme.
That's not a meme.
>>
>>87984122
It's called nostalgia, it makes you remember the shitty animation more fondly.

There's plenty of reasons new spongebob is shit, but I don't think better animation is one of them.
>>
>>87984122
It's not just cartoons doing this, video games have a bad habit of becoming 'sterile' and losing the original gritty imperfect qualities it had in favor for looking like shiny plastic.
>>
>>87984122
It's not necessarily the main cause. You do have a point in things becoming too perfect, however. Nostalgia Critic tends to be shit, but he had a pretty nice vid where he talked about films being so "perfect" that it prevents enjoyment.
I guess it's something like the uncanny valley of animation: things looking so neat, so well done, that they start looking kinda bad.
>>
File: whale dick.jpg (171KB, 1162x459px) Image search: [Google]
whale dick.jpg
171KB, 1162x459px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HATLQEqLTf0
>>
>>87992357
The issue isn't the quality, it's losing the heart that was kept in traditional animation after it was upgraded to computers. Even though modern TV animation looks cleaner, it also looks too linear and robotic. It's not so much the imperfections that make traditional animation look better, it's the fact that you can tell a human being actually drew it without being tainted by computer rendering.

I'll admit Season 1 Spongebob was pretty muddy though. When it came to outsourcing animations back then, it was hit or miss depending on the studio. TMS was god tier back in the day, while Akom was considered terrible.
>>
File: 1476727215123.jpg (21KB, 530x464px) Image search: [Google]
1476727215123.jpg
21KB, 530x464px
>>87986032
>>
I think some of the very few last movies which weren't done digitally (drawn on paper with pencil, cleaned up on cels and inked and painted on cels) were Princess Mononoke and Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown.
>>
File: 1469343261256.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1469343261256.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>87992753
>Empty Hero
>>
>>87984122
Your problem is defining "polish" as being on model with clean digital outlines
>>
File: orangeducksyndrome.png (261KB, 551x414px) Image search: [Google]
orangeducksyndrome.png
261KB, 551x414px
>>87993227
>Akom was considered terrible

Understatement if I ever heard one. Pic related
>>
>>87984122
>Is it just me or do cartoons seem to be better when the animation isnt as polished?

Well, the concept of 'perfect' is very similar to generic, as perfect things tend to be similar in nature (because there can't be very many varieties of perfect).

But humans are imperfect, which means we tend to like things with flaws. It gives the work character, look to the blu ray remaster of The Sword in the Stone, it smoothed out the line work and took away the pencil lines that give vibrancy to the characters and backgrounds. These are technically flaws but they are just what cartoons need.

Otherwise, cartoons look more like they were made by designers rather than artists. They are engineers only to take in as much audience as they can and as such remove any soul it could have.
>>
Do you think the same 'unpolished' charm can be achieved in programs such as flash?
>>
>>87995558
Yes just look at everything submitted in newgrounds.
>>
File: Sbs10.png (79KB, 159x197px) Image search: [Google]
Sbs10.png
79KB, 159x197px
This is his current Season 10 design.
>>
>>87995558
Of course. It just needs to all be done manually and not deal with automated tools or traced scans. Superjail has some great animations.
>>
>>87995558
Ralph Bakshi did this in Toon Boom
https://youtu.be/ri4iphUqShM
>>
File: .png (219KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
.png
219KB, 580x326px
>>87989036
Looks like Spongebob's shoulder is cut off too
>>
>>87992567

To be fair, the one in the left looks better, and that seems to be the DS version.
>>
>>87984122
part of it's computer animation vs truly hand drawn stuff
>>
>>87996028
the animation here is a bit stiff
>>
>>87995905
Didn't Hillenburg come back? Has the show gotten any better?
>>
>>87984122
>because the animation took a backseat (characters are often off model)
You meant the opposite of that.

And new spongebob isn't more or less polished than old Spongebob, it's more a change in style towards easier animation. More on model and less wild motion. It makes things look less... inspired. Old Spongebob was rarely off model the animation just used smears and things in those days. It really depends on whether or not you like the stiff and cleaner animation or the rougher more expressive animation. If you are an actual fan of animation you'll probably like the rougher stuff but normalfags can be put off by it.
>>
>>87984409
>Clarence and Steven Universe are still drawn with pencil and paper (and then scanned in, cleaned up, and digitally inked & painted)
Where did you see that because I don't think it's true. It could be true but I've never seen that happening whenever they show their process. The storyboards are done on paper but I don't know about the keys. Japanese usually do the keys on paper and scan them but I don't know about American anymore.
>>
>>87984122
Your'e just comparing hand drawn animation to digital. That has nothing to do with polish.
>>
>>87987349
Looks like they're influenced by our current American styles and not anime. Bummer.
>>
>>87986943
Family Guy was never animated well. I get what you're saying though. The only time they seem to give a fuck is when animating a fight scene and even then things are painfully on model.
>>
>>87984668
Yeah and look at his shoes. Facing the same direction. It's the epitome of boring. Hands at nonexpressive positions. Both pupils the same size and looking dead. Everything about it is a downgrade in terms of expressiveness.
>>
File: pacific rim.gif (3MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
pacific rim.gif
3MB, 300x168px
>>87985054
It's not because of computers. Computers don't do any of the animation, it's all people. It's just the techniques people use aren't as good. Look at any "webgen" animator from Japan and you'll see tons of expressive and imperfect stuff. That's pretty much what the webgen animation movement (if you want to call it that) in Japan is doing, making very expressive and off model animation. Due to the nature of how animation is made in Japan they can take these liberties while American studios can't.
>>
>>87989331
There's no way to pitch such a show unless you're going to Netflix where you'll need your own studio for them to pick you up. The networks certainly don't want anything like that. What makes no sense is that it's easier than ever to do animation on your own and yet so few American studios have been made who are willing to do this kind of stuff. Online small studio stuff needs to get big. It's happening painfully slowly.
>>
>>87995905
He's so fucking square. He truly is Spongebob Squarepants.

>>87999163
I'd like to know as well.
>>
>>87999521
Mind telling me the source for the gif?
>>
File: kung fu.gif (3MB, 385x216px) Image search: [Google]
kung fu.gif
3MB, 385x216px
>>87999713
Space Dandy. Every episode has a different animation director.
>>
>>87999622
First era > third era > second era
They've gone off-model a bit more and it's funny sometimes
>>
>>87999720
Thank you
>>
>>87992567
Nintendo's autistic-tier obsession with characters being spotlessly on-model in every appearance is a whole other beast.
>>
>>87999739
How do you define the SpongeBob eras?
>>
>>87999739
I don't know about eras but something was seriously wrong with Season 4.
>>
>>87999521
Pardon me, but what show is that?
>>
>>87999898
see
>>87999720
>>
>>87984154
>>87988756
>>87988893
>>87988995
>>87988944
Am I the only one who understands rhetorical/hyperbolic questions?
>>
File: WJtACwY.gif (2MB, 256x368px) Image search: [Google]
WJtACwY.gif
2MB, 256x368px
>>
>>87984122

The brighter colours for most cartoons really bothers me and so does the sharper quality. My friend really likes the sharper cartoons but I definitely prefer cartoons looking softer.
>>
>>87999957
>literally two frame fist shake
Still gets me
>>
>>88000039
I find more unnerving the mechanical way Marge turns her head. Is as if her neck is broken or something.
>>
>>88000196
And the fact that the hair is stiff as a board doesn't help.
>>
>>87985076
Korea has been doing the Simpsons for the last 25 years
>>
Its not just the design. Look at what colors they used to use.

Lots of darker. deluded color schemes. The modern designs aren't just ironed out but they have their colors ENHANCED

The right design burns my fucking eyes because he's so bright yellow
>>
>>88000751
That's just because back then they used cell animation.
>>
>>87999311
I don't have the link right now, but either Ian JQ or Rebecca Sugar showed some hand-drawn keyframes from the episode "Mr. Greg" on their Instagram. They named the Korean animator who drew them but I can't remember it at the moment. Steven Universe is animated by a Korean animation studio, and they still use pencil and paper a lot over there if I'm correct, so it's not really that surprising.
>>
>>87984458

Got anything to read bout that? Seems interesting
>>
>>88000904
I know about in Korea but I mean stateside.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 500x267px
>>87995558
>Do you think the same 'unpolished' charm can be achieved in programs such as flash?
I believe you can. Mediocre art programs have no affect your drawing and/or animation skills. It will slow you down, but you can achieve the same charm if you apply extra effort into your work.

pic related's movie was created with traditional and flash animation.
>>
>>87989036
This poster gets it. Even though the pose is totally neutral, the asymmetry of the left image makes is much more appealing.

One of the advantages of animation being shot on cels was that the colours were always just a little muted. The yellow on the left is actually a little greyed but it still reads as a bright yellow that draws attention without screaming at us. Digital can't seem to help but be as primary as possible. It strains the eye to look at.

More observations
>Feet have basic perspective
>Mouth has decent space below the eyes
>Freckles on cheek read properly
>Face is closer the left side and further from the right side
>>
>>87985076

I wonder, does /co/ know old european-japanese Cartoons? Heidi, Vicky the Viking, Bee Maja etc.? They were all animated in Japan and are great in that IMO

vid related https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UWvVDJAckxQ
>>
File: JxMMN.png (192KB, 822x617px) Image search: [Google]
JxMMN.png
192KB, 822x617px
>>88000968
The King of the Hill style guide was huge.

I enjoy me some KotH but I would never want to work on it as an artist. It's too constricting but it works for the type of show it is.

One of the guys who created Avatar the last airbender worked on it and said he literally felt like a tool.
>>
>>88001185

jesus
>>
>>87998490
>To be fair, the one in the left looks better,

Bowser's walk cycle fucking ruins it though.
>>
>>87992357
OP literally posts an example of the deterioration of the art style.
">It's just nostalgia"

The animation on current Spongebob is robotic and bland and is definitely a contributing factor to why it's shit.
>>
>>87999739
>They've gone off-model a bit more and it's funny sometimes

A rousing endorsement
>>
>>87999163
>>87999163
NO

People like to think that 'the creator' is the sole visionary behind a properties success. Sometimes that's true, if they are really involved. Oftentimes they settle into roles as producers, just overseeing production.

Too many of the core people who worked on the show in it's heyday have left for greener pastures. Having Hillenberg involved again won't make one lick of difference.

They've invited a few of the old crew back. Kaz writing, Sherm Cohen on storyboards but the show won't be the same because it's past it's use by date.

The characters and conceits are old news. They aren't funny. We're so used to them there's no possible way for them to surprise except in how much further they can sink. The show is creatively exhausted and bringing back 'the old gang' isn't going to solve an unsolvable situation.

The show can never reach the peak of it's success again because audiences and the crew are too familair with the material and it was new to us when we discovered the show for the first time.

Forget it, it's never going to be great again. It is impossible.
>>
>>87999957
Give me wierd backwards mouth Klasky Csupo Simpsons over flat robot digital Simpsons any day.

Film Roman was the ideal median between the two. While the acting was often very standard, they still employed great expressions when necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De7mwmDC39k
>>
>>88001452
Doesn't really mean anything if you haven't seen any new episode.
>>
>>87999957
>That sudden spin like a robot that just discovered a intruder
>Body is frozen in place
>Marge's blank stare looking off into space
>That blink that causes her whole head to move like
>Maggie and the unibrow baby's hand are just two frames like some high school kid would animate something
>This is after the show probably made billions with a professional team of animators compared to a bunch of Koreans in the 80s/early 90s
>Someone looked at this and thought it looked better
>>
>>88001527
The show somehow costs MORE to producer than ever before. You gotta pay through the nose for that suppression of any kind of creativity.
>>
>>88001508
That's like saying I can't say with certainty the new season of the simpsons will suck despite the previous decade of sucking.
>>
>>88001508
I've seen some of the ones Kaz has written recently for Season 9 and some of the new episodes Sherm Cohen plugged on his FB page.

Not as obviously awful was the long stretch from season 4 though 8 where the same handful of writers churned out episode afetr episode but still absolutely nothing special.
>>
>>88001624
It's not the same because we don't know how much Hillenburg mattered. It's fair to think it won't be good but to say for certainty it won't is stupid.
>>
File: 1476541904821.png (139KB, 420x580px) Image search: [Google]
1476541904821.png
139KB, 420x580px
>>87984154
>>87988756
>>87988893
>What is a rhetorical question?!
Holy fuck, you guys are the worst.
>>
>>88001527
You'd think that if there was one part of the show they could afford to blow some money, it'd be the intro.
>>
>>87999957
Decline in quality aside, what I find more annoying is how the personalities are swapped.

In the original version Marge has personality. She's worried about where Maggie could be then is relieved to see she's fine and in the bag, and Maggie is just a dumb baby along for the ride. In the new version Maggie gets the personality. She pops up and shows she has some rivalry with Gerald with a scowl and a fist shake, but this time Marge is just the dumb empty-gazed idiot, just going along with what happens.

In the first version, Marge is a concerned mother and Maggie is a regular baby, but in the new one Marge is just a prop alongside Maggie who is the one with actual personality.
>>
>>88001527
>compared to a bunch of Koreans in the 80s/early 90s
It's still animated in Korea.
>>
>>87999808
I believe it's Hillenburg Era, Post-Hillenburg Era, and Return of Hillenburg Era.
>>
>>88001185
>hank eating a whole turkey
>>
>>88001675
Derek Drymon was a big part of the charm of the original seasons.
>>
>>87992567
Please don't do this. 3D World looks fucking amazing. Take your nostalgia goggles off, you're literally praising shitty ass blobs of polygons with 2D textures pasted on top of it.
>>
File: hope-v2.jpg (4MB, 4830x5299px) Image search: [Google]
hope-v2.jpg
4MB, 4830x5299px
>>87993227
I just leave this here.
>>
>>88004249
guy should've compared mario and luigi superstar saga with the newer rpg titles
>>
>>88004434
Those are still quality RPGs however, they even put the likes of XCX to shame.
>>
>>88004399
What's up Hamtarofag. Haven't seen you in a while
>>
>>88004562
There is no Hamtarofag on this site, that IP has more then 1 fan, otherwise it would of not last 6 seasons.
>>
>>88004399
>there is hope

>contains:
>simpsons
>family guy

Also, I don't think whoever made that knows what the renaissance is nor how to make proper comparisons to it.
>>
>>88005312
>It's A Wonderful Day For Pie
>Eric Goldberg's couch gag
>>
>>87984122
The right one looks like a Family Guy character
>>
>>88005484
Yes, and? Still from those shows which are part of the death of animation.

Also, the picture posted earlier doesn't really want a renaissance of animation, as I said earlier the picture just cries "I want my old style back" which is the exact opposite of what the renaissance did back in the day.
>>
>>87989331

You also have to consider that the drawing/animating talent is not there sometimes. If you could put together a team of 20 people who can really animate it either will cost a ton for their talent, they all will want part of the creative process and/or they will leave you as soon as things get repetitive or boring. I left a project after 5 years that was very well made because it just got depressing. I make more money freelancing
>>
>>88005575
No, far from it.

The renaissance was made to bring back quality animation, also respect your elders.

https://mega.nz/#!hopRzSpR!29Ax4JiFJT2K5nRWCReozv0E0T-YmH7AwLPHgYH3pro
>>
>>88002340
Hillenburg came back? When did he first leave?
>>
File: Homer's_Night_Out_(165).jpg (155KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Homer's_Night_Out_(165).jpg
155KB, 1280x1024px
>>87984122
>I overheard a conversation about how the simpsons earlier seasons had more charm because the animation took a backseat (characters are often off model)

This is true, eg. Season 1 here. The animation, while a bit rough, has lots of charm to it and the character designs all have an appealingly cartoony feel to them.
>>
>>87984122
>Is it just me or do cartoons seem to be better when the animation isnt as polished?

You're confusing polished animation with polished design and digital animation.

>the simpsons earlier seasons had more charm because the animation took a backseat

Not true. Early Simpsons had hand-made, thus costlier and more time-consuming, animation. The overall drop in quality of the Simpsons is simply due to being long in the tooth and original writers exiting, which tends to coincide with outsourcing more of the animation work to cheaper overseas studios that have adopted digital animation.

>characters are often off model

People need to stop confusing off-model with pushing, stretching, deforming models. It's easier for traditional animators to achieve that kind of variation in drawing.
>>
File: The_Changing_of_the_Guardian_72.jpg (180KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
The_Changing_of_the_Guardian_72.jpg
180KB, 720x404px
>>88006038
For comparison, the HD animation is completely slick, plastic, stiff, never goes off-model, has fewer frames, and generally just gives the impression that the animations really don't care about anything except collecting a paycheck.
>>
File: 1475871075077.gif (2MB, 256x368px) Image search: [Google]
1475871075077.gif
2MB, 256x368px
>>87984122
It's literally art imitating life. Everyone and everything is flawed one way or another, so seeing such animation seems more natural and fluid and not as jarring and sterilized as copy and paste animation.
>>
>>88006038
I always liked the slightly curved head Bart has in the early episodes. Later they just made his head a straight tin can shape.
>>
>>87984409
That bit from is from an episode of clarence was done by the guy and gal who did baman and piderman though. Those two are mad good though.
>>
>>88001185
Chew it.
Chew the cake.
>>
>>88006044
Rough Draft is not cheap and the Korean studios have been the same for years.
>>88006060
Explain Blue Jacket then.
>>
File: c90v99gv900.jpg (54KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
c90v99gv900.jpg
54KB, 720x404px
>>88006038
>>88006095
Or Lisa, same thing.
>>
>>88006044
The Simpsons started using digital layout tools in Season 6 which made the animation look tidier and more consistent.
>>
>>88006074
That lifeless head turn marge does to maggie in the newer intro.
>>
File: f90v90.jpg (42KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
f90v90.jpg
42KB, 512x384px
>>88006236
Here's from Season 7. They did have the digital layout tools by then and no more rubbery Klasky-Csupo animation, but it still has a whimsical, handmade feel to it that's completely lost in the HD animation.
>>
>>87986943

>the way the models just slide into place when the perspective changes to look downward.

To be fair the older version has a similar problem.
>>
Daily reminder that TMS was never a good animation studio.
That title of the best Japanese studio belongs to I.G.
>>
>>88004399
TMS shill pls
>>
>>88006297
That is not rubbery animation, nether is Klasky-Csupo animation, this is rubbery animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoEprW6QFMc
>>88006359
Yes they are, they are not only the best of the best but they're also Termite Terrace 2.0 as well.

I.G when a good studio is far from the best.
>>
>>88006383
That was not from him, seek help.
>>
>>88006435
what ever happened to startoons senpai?
did they die out after 2000? are they still around? where are the animators now?
>>
>>88006458
Renamed to Mack Hammer Pro, after Jon spent some time at Midway.

http://www.mackhammer.com/
>>
>>88006175
>Rough Draft is not cheap and the Korean studios have been the same for years.

They're much cheaper than the traditional animation Simpsons was using in season 1, which I believe was Klasky.

The animation would be cheaper still if Fox just had its own Korean studio, paid the Korean animators directly and still had all of its animated shows.
>>
>>88006492
They always outsourced to Korea ever since Season 1.
>>
>>87999917
>>88001707
okay but you do realize there are other ways to frame thread topics, for fuck's sake

i swear the worst memes are the ones people don't even realize they're spreading
>>
>>88006492
Season 1 & 2 was 100% Akom and Rough Draft is not cheap (paying at 18,000-21,000 won a hour).

Nick almost had their own Korean studio with Mir but they went off to do Voltron:LD for Dreamworks.
>>
>>88006488
why don't studios use them then? they can't be that expensive to hire for outsourcing
>>
>>88006534
They're in the US, they cost far more money then Korean studios.

Same reason why next to no one uses Titmouse.
>>
>>88006559
why the fuck is everyone in the US so goddamn stingy
>>
>>88006574
Incompetents.
>>
>>87993227
>TMS was god tier back in the day
Yes it was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMf2OXJcvhI
>>
>>88006610
this reminds me of that captain planet video game that ohira animated for
fucking amazing
>>
>>88006610
Adding in the king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
>>
Why were so many 80s animators obsessed with this pose-to-pose styled animation?
>>
>>88006726
Cheap, but it can be done right.
>>
>>87999311
Ian JQ, Rebecca Sugar, and Spencer Rothbell all confirmed it a couple months back after some minor Tumblr/Twitter drama over people calling the keyframes the Crewniverse posted bullshit.
I don't really care enough to dig through Twitter and try to find it
>>
>>88006527
>Do you realize
No. I don't relate to autism.
>>
>Amid Amidi, editor of the animation news site Cartoon Brew, once wrote that “certain aspects of Japanese cartoons turn me off, and surprisingly these elements remain consistent throughout all of the anime I’ve seen, whether it’s a cheaply-produced OAV or a classy Miyazaki production. Namely, it is the unappealing and cold nature of their character designs, and the general lack of dynamics and complexity in their personality animation. The death of animation is if you don’t find the characters believable because subsequently the value and effectiveness of the stories those characters are telling is diminished,” praying “that the next international animation fad will be more visually stimulating and appealing.” Amidi’s opinion isn’t an outlier; in reviewing Hayao Miyazaki’s films, esteemed historian Michael Barrier remarked that “Miyazaki’s human characters, typically for Japanese animation, are little more than ciphers, their appearance and their actions almost wholly dictated by formulas,” with Thad Komorowski adding that anime “violates so many principles of animation—where’s the squash and stretch? the secondary action?—that it would make more sense to just shoot it in live action,” much of it showing “disdain for what makes animation a unique medium.” One could chalk this up to that characteristically American provincialism but this opinion isn’t uncommon elsewhere. In defending the older generation of Soyuzmultfilm artists, Fyodor Khitruk contrasts them with “those Pokemon”, arguing that at least the Russians mastered the essentials before breaking the rules. Even Giannalberto Bendazzi, an open-minded advocate for animation across the world, has plainly stated that “anime is badly animated” and that, barring a few exceptions, TV animation “requires little attention as far as creativity is concerned.”

Are they right, /co/?
>>
>>88006726
The principle is pretty much the same, you have key frames and you inbetween the rest. The Japanese probably thought it was more clever to place less work on the transitions to make more cool key poses appear one after the other, and it probably saved money to skip on all those frames.
>>
>>87984122
I agree. Kinda like a live orchestra vs digital; the little errors make it feel more "real" somehow
>>
>>88007047
On anime, pretty much yes. Miyazaki just shines through because he's a great director.
>>
>>88007151
But Japanese animation at this point has far outpaced Western animation in terms of character acting, design, technicality, and cinematography.
>>
>>88007047
>>88007151
>anime is drawn to look like people instead of wacky stick figures
>ergo it is badly animated and NOT MUH ANIMATION
>>
>>88007188
>>88007191
Nice bait, but I'm actually sorry for you if you relate to anime characters
>>
>>88007206
I'm not saying there aren't any good western animators (because there sure fucking are), but face it, the Japanese have already mastered the 2D medium.
>>
>>88007188
Explain this then.

>>
File: e56.png (174KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
e56.png
174KB, 625x626px
>>88007206
>relating to characters of one entertainment medium is good, while relating to those of another is bad
Are you retarded?
>>
>>88007236
The west mastered 2D animation far before the japs.
>>
>>88007236
The west has already mastered 2D for a long time, it's just they refuse to do anything with it because of that bullshit "animation is only for children" stigma it has.
>>
>>88007379
>>88007344
>I am the best
>but I don't do anything
>oh no why is this other guy getting more notoriety and money than me when he is not as best as I am? Why can't people look at my rough drafts and realize that I'd be much better than that guy if I went all out?
>>
>>88007245
why do people insist that Gainax lost all of its talent
its still there
>>
>>88007206
>Hating anime for absolute no reason and only preferring western animation.
Sorry, you have to be +18 to post on this site. Go watch some more FilthyFrank.
>>
>>88007191
>T. Weeb

Animation should have some stretch to it convey emotions. Animated characters need some "animated" emotions
>>
>>88007479
>all animation should be muh funny animals and muh funny slapstick and needs muh feels
Fuck you for thinking animation should be this or that.
>>
>>88007417
Idiots only care about how many frames the animation has not what the animators do with the frames. Anime is usually animated 12 frames a second while western is 24. It does vary but alas people would rather watch cartoons animated in Flash because "it looks smoother"
>>
>>88006529
Starting in Season 3, they also used Anivision, but their episodes always looked like shit and that studio was dropped after Season 5.
>>
>>88007379
I wonder if maybe the two are linked. Maybe some of what we consider to be animation fundamentals -- like squash and stretch, or exaggeration -- are the very things that cause animation to be stigmatised as a children-only medium.
>>
>>88007417
At Trigger.
>>88007511
Most anime is done on 4s.
>>88007525
Anivision was kept until season 9.
>>
>>88007245
Wait, John K was with TMS at one point? What?
>>
File: I Married Marge 22.jpg (19KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
I Married Marge 22.jpg
19KB, 250x188px
>>88007525
On the DVD commentary for IMM, they complained about the characters having stoner pupils due to the tracing techniques that Anivision used.
>>
>>88007587
No, if anything it's things like being stiff, flat and dull that cause animation to be stigmatised as a children-only medium.

squash and stretch and exaggeration are a adults medium, it just happens to be clean enough to show it to kids is all.
>>
>>88007596
Yes, on Galaxy High.

He was also on Who Bopped Bugs Bunny as the creator of Sappy Stanley, but that episode was from Kennedy Philippines.
>>
>>88007632
You're going to have to explain that one. Because if you put a wobbling, "cartoony" show next to a stiffly on-model, mostly proportional action show, and ask people to tell you which one was made for adults, I suspect they'll point to the latter (unless the former is obviously showcasing something adult, like sex, alcohol, etc.)
>>
File: er5e.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
er5e.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>88007425
>Sorry, you have to be +18 to post on this site
>Watches anime
>>
File: soul.jpg (143KB, 1510x724px) Image search: [Google]
soul.jpg
143KB, 1510x724px
>>88007758
No, other way around.

Adults want cartoons with souls, no soul = worthless kiddy fuller.
>>
File: utsunomiya.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
utsunomiya.webm
3MB, 720x404px
There is no such this as good Japanese animat-
>>
>>88007802
Normies don't care about soul. Normies identify over-the-top expressiveness and lots of zany, squash-and-stretch movement with children. I'm not talking about what some nose-upturned connoisseur on /co/ thinks; I'm talking about how society commonly views these things.
>>
>>88007857
Yes, there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnWwN1z_UM
>>
>>87989331
I like to often use Laika as an example of a studio that manages to mix old and new. their puppetwork is the same kind of thing thats been done since Nightmare before Christmas, but digital photography makes it easier to edit, and they use CGI for some special effects, like to make a character glow, for instance. or usage of Green Screen to edit out backgrounds

not to mention the studio itself is a new concept.

I watched a making of thing for Kubo and the 2 strings, and they mentioned how, for Nightmare, they got all these people together for the project, but then when it was done, they all drifted off and went their separate ways, which meant there was little to no growth in the stop motion realm, because every time a studio made a stop motion film, their people all had to get used to each other and basically start over from scratch, so the creation of a studio that focuses solely on stop motion animation, allows the craft to grow since the same people develop over time and improve what they can do.

there's that thing that disney toyed around with in paperman, or which SPA studios is trying with that pitch for klaus

https://vimeo.com/126287950

which blurs the line between 2D and 3D, using 3D as a way to more efficiently do more traditional looking 2D animation. Something which if it ever gains traction, I imagine will be the next step in Animation.

At least I hope, because it looks nice.
>>
>>88007876
>laika
>check their work
>it's all stop motion shit
Fuck that garbage.
>>
File: vudes.jpg (1023KB, 962x1408px) Image search: [Google]
vudes.jpg
1023KB, 962x1408px
>>88007873
Yes they do, otherwise the renaissance would of never happen.

Adults want over-the-top expressiveness and lots of zany, squash-and-stretch movement, thats why we bitch and complain about shows like Bobs Burgers, The Seth MacFarlane 3 and Voltron:LD and why studios like Telecom, Startoons & Spumco were even founded in the first place.
>>
>>88007954
spumco sucks though
>>
>>87995558
flash is just another tool. what matters is how you use it. Wakfu tends to look pretty good despite being Flash
>>
>>88008025
Still, it was founded because adults do want over-the-top expressiveness and lots of zany, squash-and-stretch movement in their cartoons.
>>
>>88007857
Wait is this supposed to be good?
>>
>>88007954
>thats why we bitch and complain about shows like Bobs Burgers, The Seth MacFarlane 3 and Voltron:LD
I don't think you understand what I'm saying here. Yes, we bitch about these things. I'm not talking about "we." I'm talking about Joe Normalfag and what he finds palatable in his talking-funny-heads picture shows.

That is what I'm talking about. The common conception of animation, not what diehard animation fans want.

>>88008047
It was founded because people who study animation and art wanted that, not because the masses thought it preferable.
>>
>>88007758
If you think any normie adult would rather sit through Evangelion than a Chuck Jones short, you are absolutely out of touch with the world.
>>
>>88008112
How the fuck is it not?
>>
>>88008137
What they would sit through means very little when they probably wouldn't seek out either one. And if they do, it's because it reminds them of the stuff they saw as kids, not because they're appreciating it in its own right.
>>
>>88008117
Joe Normalfag wants over-the-top expressiveness and lots of zany, squash-and-stretch movement in his cartoons is the thing.

Telecom was founded for the same reason.
>>88008137
If you want Japanese Jones theres Miyazaki, Anno is nothing like any golden age director.

In short, Joe Normalfag wants Avery & Clampett, not Bryke & MacFarland, let alone guy who are still quality directors like Jones & Freleng.
>>
>>87984122

It's just a matter of cartoons becoming commercial products.

The problem isn't the animation used to take a backseat, it's that it currently DOES take a back seat to writing, celebrity voice actors, or pushing merch.
>>
>>88008137
This is why I like Garret Lagan and Kill La Kill. Both do a lot of stretch frames and exaggerated body stuff and it looks way cooler because of that
>>
Was this episode animated by TMS?
>>
File: tms-8.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
tms-8.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
>>88008271
TMS did that stuff better then (proto)Trigger however.

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Tiny-Toon-Adventures/Season-02-Episode-008-Buster-and-Babs-Go-Hawaiian?id=26570
>>
>>88008250
>Anno is nothing like any golden age director.
How is he not comparable to any?
>>
>>88008354
No golden age director ever fucked your mind.

At least Hayao Miyazaki is the Chuck Jones of the east.
>>
>>88007800
I genuinely feel sorry for you if you feel the need to hate a type of medium just because you want to fit in...
>>
File: 1318712178933.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1318712178933.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>88008334
Wait... This is a Famicom thread, isn't it. I have been lured into a Famicom thread.
>>
>>88008376
But Anno symbolism has no weight to it, it's just images with no reason.
All Anno is is a good animator, nothing more.
>>
File: vudes.jpg (875KB, 962x1408px) Image search: [Google]
vudes.jpg
875KB, 962x1408px
>>88008391
No, he is nowhere to be found in this thread.

Enjoy some vudes.
>>
>>88007903
pixar pls
>>
>>88008380
Nice projecting, mate

I don't "hate" anime, I just think if you relate to anime characters you're mentally damaged.
>>
>>88008412
True.
>>
>>88007800
He has a point. The large majority of "mature" anime is pretentious trash.
>>
>>88007047
>cheaply-produced OAV
Wat. OVAs are pretty much always high quality with a good budget. That's their entire purpose.

The rest is just opinion. If they're not animated like western cartoons its not cartoony enough.

A very interesting paper on anime not getting the attention it deserves is this https://wavemotioncannon.com/2016/01/08/why-over-sixty-years-of-animation-history-still-remains-obscure/ describing why many western animators and animation critics are unable to separate their teachings and look at anime as a somewhat seperate entity. It's very interesting.
>>
>>88008473
Ment to reply to >>88008380
>>
>>88008425
You literally just posted that further up in the thread, Famicom.

>>88008412
People focus too much on Eva's Abrahamic imagery, which is just empty rule-of-cool stuff as you said. But his other symbolism works fine.
>>
File: Suggestions.jpg (21KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Suggestions.jpg
21KB, 460x276px
>>88008437
Sorry, I'm not fluent in retard. Please elaborate on your deranged reasoning as to why I must hate characters from a certain type of art form.
>>
>>88008499
>All anime is the same because I've only seen a few/never took the time to comprehend it.
This type of logic can literally be applied to everything, Anon.
>>
>>88008473
The large majority of literally every medium is trash
>>
>>88008506
That was not from Famicom is the thing.

Why would he bring up Love Live?
>>
>>88008534
Where do you see the word all in my post?
>>88008561
I know, but we're talking about anime here.
>>
>>88008515
You won't understand why anime is written like shit if you don't interact with real humans first. Good luck!
>>
>>87984122
By that logic Nutshack would be great if the animation was even worse.
>>
File: ghost in the shell hallway.webm (3MB, 834x450px) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the shell hallway.webm
3MB, 834x450px
It's interesting that Japan seems to be the place that's really advancing 2D animation as a medium. So many new techniques and styles are created in anime. Western 2D animation seems to have hit a point and stopped. Disney got to a point and then stopped and every Disney movie looks pretty much the same in terms of animation style with little variance. It sucks. I think it has to do with the traditional school really being seen as the end all be all way of animation and that's simply not the case. Just because anime doesn't usually follow the squash and stretch rule or have things bounce around all the time doesn't mean that its animators are less skilled or taught, it's a whole different style of animation. Following the methods that Disney set up sort of gets you a feeling of sameyness that's not present in Japanese animation. Disney's animation style is the same as Don Bluth's. Something like this scene from GITS is totally different from a Miyazaki movie for example.
>>
File: NotAFact.gif (767KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
NotAFact.gif
767KB, 500x279px
>>88004399
>Making shows noone with half a brain cell will even touch

K.
>>
File: Same Studio.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Same Studio.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>88008629
Fixed.
>>
>>87992567
Oh, good. I'm not the only one that prefers the original Super Mario 64 graphics over the DS version. The blocky look is honestly more appealing to me than the standard Mario models.
>>
>>88008593
Nice projection there, dipshit. If you're just going to resort to "Anime is bad because there are NEETS who watch it" then just stop. I hope you find something you enjoy watching because if you hate something just because of the fanbase it has then you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>88008653
It is a fact.
>>
>>88008682
Well actually it's hyperbole.
>>
>>88006527
>Fuck people who use rhetorical questions to start a thread
>Responds to someone using a rhetorical question

Guess it's not so easy.
>>
>>88008589
>Large majority
Still wrong. There are no absolutes in life.
>>
>>88008672
You're not only delusional but that has also been debunked more then once as well.

The only thing better on 64 is it's controls.
>>
>>88007903
>Check their work
>Not knowing Laika
>Stop motion shit
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>88007954
>Adults want
Oh be quiet. The kind of animation you like does not make you an adult or not. People protesting so much that they're an adult usually aren't.
>>
File: Absolute_Disgust.jpg (58KB, 273x448px) Image search: [Google]
Absolute_Disgust.jpg
58KB, 273x448px
>>88007903
You make me sick.
>>
>>88008674
>If you're just going to resort to "Anime is bad because there are NEETS who watch it"
See, you're disconnected and you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that anime characters are not even remotely human. This is because they're written by shut-ins with no life experience. If there's no meaning behind what the characters do, animation isn't worth shit.

And on top of that, anime is cheaply made and it stands on gimmicks that have been run into the ground since the 80s.
>>
>>88008137
>Someone would be more likely to sit through something that's five minutes than 22 22 minute episodes.
>>
>>88008719
>someone's personal opinion, literally "I like X more than Y," has been debunked
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>88008766
I'm 26 years old and adults do want effort again.
>>
>>88008660
You're going to have to explain how it's "fixed" to post a single image of one studio.
>>
>>88008776
No, Japan has made loads of masterpieces after the 80s.

>>
>>88008766
All people, be it adult or child, are idiots that have absolutely no idea what they want.
This is why modern media is so shit, people are obsessed with giving tons of fanservice to said idiots by pandering to nostalgia or giving them the bare minimum of what qualifies as "entertainment".
This is why everything was better in the 90s when people didn't seek to give what people wanted half the time, it was just based on either the popular trend that reached them or just what they saw would be interesting to people, and hence lead to creative ideas that are lacking in today's world.
Fuck you, and fuck everything you stand for. Animation needs a savior.
>>
>>87992567
Have you even SEEN the other Bowser models on the n64
>>
>>88008794
Adult normies would rather sit through 1 hour of Chuck Jones than 5 minutes of Evangelion because edgy anime shit is off-putting.
>>
>>88008835
It's not a single image, it's a webm.
>>
>>87992567
That was due to technical limitations and knowledge
>>
>>88008776
Besides the obvious bait, if you're being serious you just haven't seen many anime so your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>88008852
>This is why everything was better in the 90s when people didn't seek to give what people wanted half the time
This reads like parody
>>
File: 1417279114959.gif (854KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1417279114959.gif
854KB, 352x240px
>>88008776
>they're written by shut-ins with no life experience.
>there's no meaning behind what the characters do
>anime is cheaply made and it stands on gimmicks that have been run into the ground since the 80s
So much projection there. Can't tell if you're baiting or if you actually believe this garbage. If you legitimately believe this then you could try, I don't know, watching good animes for once instead of harem/self insert shit.
>>
>>88008929
He's right though.
>>
>>88008860
And adult normies will rather sit through 9 hours of Tex Avery then 1 hour of Chuck Jones because Tex Avery knows how to make a cartoon.
>>
>>88008860
Chuck Jones is a hack, he hasn't made a single decent short or character.
>>
>>88008938
>you could try, I don't know, watching good animes
Care to enlighten someone who wants a few good anime to watch?
>>
>>88008860
Of course someone would like to watch something from their childhood. I'd like to see a study of adults who've never seen any Chuck Jones or Looney Tunes and see if they like Eva (or a more entry easily digested anime) or Chuck Jones more.
>>
>>88008708
Every human on Earth needs oxygen to live.

Bam.
>>
File: 1445739806604.png (147KB, 305x267px) Image search: [Google]
1445739806604.png
147KB, 305x267px
>>88009008
>still needing to breathe
>in the current year + 1
>>
>>88009008
Pure oxygen is deadly :^)
>>
>>88008938
>So much projection there. Can't tell if you're baiting or if you actually believe this garbage.
To be fair Miyazaki said the same things about the anime industry
>>
File: jannie.gif (114KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
jannie.gif
114KB, 500x423px
Think about it. The animators bring to life every amazing idea they had in the first couple seasons. The episodes they had in their head for years are now a part of season one and two, and now they are forced to come up with new shit they're not as into.
>>
>>88008965
>Pepe Le Pew
>Wile E. Coyote & The RoadRunner.

He made a number of masterpieces.
>>88008993
Bob Clampett is preferred by normies.
>>
File: 1476218946162.jpg (3MB, 3380x3622px) Image search: [Google]
1476218946162.jpg
3MB, 3380x3622px
>>88008981
Depends on what kind of shit you're looking for
>>
File: Essential Japanese Animation v7.jpg (4MB, 3101x6539px) Image search: [Google]
Essential Japanese Animation v7.jpg
4MB, 3101x6539px
>>88009072
This list is better.
>>
>>88008149
The details actual motion in that webm is very stiffly animated. It's just covered up with nice details like the clothes and hair blowing in the wind and the lightning effects.
>>
>>88009103
>western cartoons mixed in with Japanese ones
Delete this.
>>
>>88009106
That is 100% false, the motion is fluid but the right is quicker.

Seek help.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>87987214
>deadly queen
Can't get over it
>>
File: contempt.jpg (85KB, 653x463px) Image search: [Google]
contempt.jpg
85KB, 653x463px
>>88009103
>Steamboy in the recommendations
>>
>>88009132
They were animated in Japan and the list is just talking about the animation is the thing.
>>
>>88009160
Hey, I did not make that list is the thing.
>>
>>88009146
Look at how awkwardly he runs at him with that sword.
>>
>>88009191
The background animation is fantastic when he's running though.
>>
>>88009191
Thats just how Goemon rolls.
>>
File: hjfs.png (250KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
hjfs.png
250KB, 640x451px
>>88009132
>tfw you realize your favorite ""western"" cartoon was animated in Japan
>>
>>88009248
which one?
>>
>>88009214
>The background animation is fantastic
it's literally translating pieces of debris
>>
>>88009259
*Cartoons
>Thundercats
>Superman: TAS
>Frosty the Snowman
>Talespin
>>
>>88009298
>talespin
Kill yourself senpai
>>
>>88009320
>Walt Disney Animation Japan
>>
>>88006060
Look at the framing too, Jesus. It looks like a fucking diorama project a little kid made, it's so flat and constricting.
>>
>>87984122
Looser animation was the reason why I enjoyed earlier episodes of Regular Show, coupled with the lower restrictions on what the show could get away with (nowadays they can't even use the terms death and/or dying)
>>
>>88009339
That picture still uses construction, it's the 3/4 shot and stiffness that is sicking.
>>
>>88007047
Sure but anime was never nothing more than escapism form and that is why i mostly watch it
>>
>>88009549
Tex Avery was better at escapism.
>>
>>88007206
>relating to fictional characters at all
>>
>>88009564
He's a hack though, and Wacky World with Tex Avery was shit.
>>
>>87999720
I miss Space Dandy. Why the fuck was it so good?
>>
>>88009586
The Wacky World with Tex Avery had nothing to do with Tex Avery other then using his name.

Also, seek help.
>>
>>88009601
2 of the episodes (2 & 17) were produced by TMS, Bones did the rest and they were not as good as the TMS episodes.
>>
>>88008593
Of course it doesnt have realistic characters because anime is for escapism
>>
>>88009043
And he has been saying that since 70s
>>
File: Untitled-4.png (255KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.png
255KB, 580x326px
you can fix the hues, saturation, add gradients and noise, but that doesn't change the fact that neo-spongebob looks too geometric, soulless and paradoxically too on-model
>>
>>88006139
Goddammit I'm laughing but I don't remember what this is referencing. I wanna say a Youtube Poop?
>>
>>88009747
why are spongebob's pupils the same size in the 2014 image
that doesn't make any sense from a perspective standpoint
>>
>>87988928
Danny Wolfers, a techno composer, purposefully puts some slight delays between notes in his music. His logic is really similar to yours, in that the brain likes to be given more of a challenge rather than having everything be perfect.
>>
>>88009747
To be fare, Rough Draft rarely keeps anything in Seoul anymore outside of anime under their Orange banner.

Most of what they get from the States ends up in Singapore and Vietnam, sometimes they ship it off to Pyongyang to Studio SEK of which where most of SEK work comes from (South Korean studios shipping work up to North Korea that said contracts originated from the US, no idea about Japan however).
>>
>>88009635
That's not true. Many other episodes were better than those.
>>
File: pls.jpg (33KB, 468x325px) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
33KB, 468x325px
>>88009686
>shit writing is ok because escapism!
>>
>>88009855
Kind of curious what modern shows get worked on in North Korea now. Ever since I read Guy Delisle's Pyongyang, I've kind of wondered if it still happened.
>>
>>88009952
Dude, we debunked that, they could of been better yes, but Aikatsu really fucked them up badly so that we had to take what we can get.
>>
File: soviet4.jpg (70KB, 750x1018px) Image search: [Google]
soviet4.jpg
70KB, 750x1018px
>>87988928
That's the logic behind hipsters using analog amps, listening to vinyls and tapes and the like. Without those minute "natural" imperfections, without that element of noise and randomness, art is unbearably sterile. Compare modern pixel perfect vector images with old crudely printed posters where you can see the texture of the paper and the imperfections in the printing process.
>>
>>88009985
Spongebob & The Simpsons still use SEK through Rough Draft.

I think the only thing that Rough Draft is keeping in house in Seoul (western wise) is that Samurai Jack reboot.
>>
>>88010005
>we debunked that
You've said this before in this thread and you were equally retarded then.
>>
>>88010082
No, far from it.
>>
>>88010030
Vinyls are better than mp3s though. Unless you're listening to AAC vinyl is the clearest you can get. It requires a lot more work and money though so it's not worth it.
>>
>famicom has made a 28 megabyte timeline of animation

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>88010101
>AAC
FLAC. I meant FLAC.
>>
>>88009958
I do agree that writing is pretty much shit in anime but i still like it for some reason
>>
>>88010102
26.6MB and Famicom did not make that chart.
>>
>>88009985
It has to be ultra shitty Chinese toons or something like that. I would be surprised if any Western children's network associated with NK
>>
This thread started out pretty good until the spergs showed up.
>>
>>88010165
>famicom did not make that chart
I don't think anyone else on /co/ would make a 256 million pixel image on that subject.
>>
>>88010188
That book was about a European cartoon who they don't have locks against North Korea like the US.
>>
>>88010102
>>88010165
>>88010211
That's already been posted once in the thread: >>88005935
>>
>>88010211
That is a 8567x29985 picture and yes they would if they wanted to.
>>
>>88010235
Indeed.
>>
>>88010162
because it's the only source of animated action shows

but having no alternatives to a shitty thing doesn't make it worthwhile to keep watching that shitty thing

at this point there are many videogames that are so much better made
>>
>>88010261
>That is a 8567x29985 picture
...which equals about 256 million pixels.

>yes they would if they wanted to.
No, Famicom, they wouldn't. You're the only one sad enough.
>>
>>88004249
>with 2D textures pasted on top of it.
Ah... remember when textures was 2D?...
the fuck am I reading
>>
>>88010323
No, that will be 256,881,495 pixels, you were off by 881,495 pixels.

That was not from Famicom, seek help.
>>
>>87984458
namefag
>>
File: miyazaki.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>88008149
>>
>>88010303
But i dont watch action anime that much anymore. I dont why but when just started at one point watch alot more Slice of Life anime
>>
>>88010412
>No, that will be 256,881,495 pixels, you were off by 881,495 pixels
Holy autism, Batman.

>That was not from Famicom, seek help.
That's your go to response to any criticism. You're the one that needs to seek help.
>>
File: chuck-jones2.jpg (29KB, 416x313px) Image search: [Google]
chuck-jones2.jpg
29KB, 416x313px
>>88010440
Fixed.
>>
>>88010162
Writing in anime can be fantastic. Writing in cartoons can rarely be anything other than comedic and rarely strives for more, this is changing a bit now but it's still mostly true. Anime can have a huge variety of genres and types of stories and can have excellent writing.
>>
>>88010467
But heres the thing, I nor the guy who made the chart is Famicom, you are the one that needs help, not me.
>>
>>88010518
>I nor the guy who made the chart is Famicom
You must have infinite personality disorder.
>>
>>88010492
>Writing in anime can be fantastic.
Please enlighten us on what you think is good writing in anime. Even the best of the best was ripped straight off Western shit that was popular at the time.
>>
>>88010627
Literally untrue. You have no idea what you're talking about Ghost in The Shell and Eva have fantastic writing and Eva has some of the best directing in cinema. There's plenty and that's not including all the good stuff in manga.
>>
>>88010627
Why cant we just like both. I agree that japs are bad writing but i still like anime even with all the flaws
>>
>>88005312
Also, He-Man was made entirely in America, it wasn't outsourced. This made the show both expensive relative to it's quality and extremely shit looking.
>>
>>88009339
You are visibly overweight through your posts
>>
File: chart-11.jpg (389KB, 1457x945px) Image search: [Google]
chart-11.jpg
389KB, 1457x945px
>>88010702
I just leave this here.
>>
All I know for sure is Dragon Ball Super is animated fucking terribly.
>>
ANIMATOR POWER RANKINGS

S+ : Hiroyuki Okiura - Mitsuo Iso - Osamu Tanabe - Takeshi Honda - Toshiyuki Inoue.

S : Norio Matsumoto - Masashi Ando

S- : Yutaka Nakamura - Shinya Ohira - Shinji Hashimoto - Takeshi Honda - Tatsuyuki Tanaka - Atsuko Tanaka - Katsuya Kondo - Chikashi Kubota - Emery Hawkins - Milt Kahl

A+ : Satoru Utsunomiya - Ei Inoue - Shinji Otsuka - Tetsuya Nishio - Kouichi Arai - Hisashi Mori - Yasunori Miyazawa - Takahiro Kishida - Kou Yoshinari - You Yoshinari - Kiyotaka Oshiyama - Kazuto Nakazawa

A : Masaaki Yuasa - Tetsuya Takeuchi -Yoshihiko Umakoshi - Kenichi Yoshida - Yoshiji Kigami - Makiko Futaki - Tatsuro Kawano - Tatsuzo Nishida - Hiroyuki Aoyama - Hideki Hamasu - Hiromasa Yonebayashi - Kazuchika Kise - Tokuyuki Matsutake - Kenichi Konishi - Masahiro Ando - Tex Avery

A- : Arifumi Imai - Norifumi Kugai - Yasuomi Umetsu - Masami Goto - Gosei Oda - Masahito Yamashita - Shouichi Masuo - Tadashi Hiramatsu - Kaichiro Terada - Mahiro Maeda - Akira Honma - Toshiyuki Tsuru - Nobutake Ito - Takeshi Koike - Akihiko Yamashisha - Hidetsugu Ito - Michio Mihara - Norimitsu Suzuki - Yuriko Chiba - Yoshimi Itazu - Yuuki Hayashi - Takayuki Hamada - Ryotaro Makihara - Yukiko Horiguchi - Hironori Tanaka - Miso - Yoshimichi Kameda - Bob Clampett

B+ : Yasushi Muraki - Masami Obari - Bahi JD - Takashi Hashimoto - Kenichi Kutsuna - Ikuo Kuwana - Shoujiro Nishimi - Takashi Tomioka - Naoyuki Onda - Yuichiro Sueyoshi - Kazuyoshi Yaginuma - Masashi Okumura - Yoshiyuki Ito - Norimoto Tokura - Atsushi Wakabayashi - Hirofumi Suzuki - Noriyuki Kitanohara - Takashi Mukouda - Shukou Murase - Katsuya Yamada - Shingo Suzuki - Hakuyu Go - Ryochimo - Keiichiro Watanabe - Hiroshi Tomioka - Keisuke Watabe - Chuck Jones - Jim Tyer
>>
>>88010695
>You have no idea what you're talking about Ghost in The Shell
I know exactly what I'm talking about because

> Even the best of the best was ripped straight off Western shit that was popular at the time.

was about the inevitable mention of GITS

Eva's writing is pretentious garbage, the creator himself said it's meaningless and it was only there because it sounded cool and mysterious.

Every time the Japanese try to explore a concept it's always in the most stupid and shallow way imaginable and I have no respect for that.
>>
File: Flag of the Philippines.png (17KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
Flag of the Philippines.png
17KB, 900x450px
>>88010798
You know who to blame.
>>
>>88010819
cont.
B : Keisuke Watabe - Hideki Kakita - Nozomu Abe - Shingo Yamashita - Shinichi Kurita - Ryo Imamura - Shinya Takahashi - Hisashi Ezura - Masakatsu Sasaki - Kanami Sekiguchi - Hiroyuki Nishimura - Shinji Suetomi - Shingo Natsume - Naoto Hosoda - Shuichi Kaneko - Sushio - Shingo Abe - Eiji Nakada - Mitsuru Obunai - Tatsuya Oishi - Masahiko Kubo - Satoshi Shigeta - Takahiro Kimura - Atsuko Inoue - Akitoshi Yokoyama - Hiroyuki Yamashita.

B- : Kazuhiro Miwa - Junichi Hayama - Soichiro Matsuda - Asako Nishida - Ken Otsuka - Katsunori Shibata - Shingo Adachi - Genichiro Abe - Masayoshi Tanaka - Masahiro Sato - Taichi Ishidate - Koji Yabuno - Kyoji Asano - Akio Takami - Tadashi Sakazaki - Hiroki Mutaguchi - Ayako Hata - Hisashi Saito - Shouko Nishigaki - Hirofumi Masuda - Naotoshi Shida - Hisao Yokobori -Takahitro Komori - Shiho Takeuchi - Hiroshi Okubo - Shinya Hasegawa - Masayuki Kouda.

C+ : Naoki Tate - Seiya Numata - Hokuto Sakiyama - Katsuhiko Kitada - Fumiaki Kouta - Akira Amemiya - Ryoma Ebata - Yuusuke Matsuo - Nobuyuki Takeuchi - Shingo Ogiso - Masashi Ishihama - Hidehiko Sawada - Jun Nakai - Hidenori Fukuoka - Hiroto Tanaka - Takafumi Hori - Yutaka Minowa - Shintaro Douge - Ayumi Kurashima - Shouko Nakamura - Yousuke Kabashima - Takahiro Shikama - Shouko Ikeda - Atsuko Nakajima - Shinpei Tomooka - Kanako Maru - Keiichi Ishida.

C : Tatsuya Yoshihara - Hiroshi Tomioka - Megumi Kouno - Kim Se-Jun - Yuuki Komatsu - Hirokazu Kojima - Kikuko Sadakata - Akemi Hayashi - Masakazu Sunagawa - Shin Itagaki - Yu Yamashita - Takashi Kojima - Kazuhiro Ota - Kouichi Kikuta - Yasuo Muroi - Yasuyuki Kai - Shin Wakabayashi - Jun Arai - Satoru Yamaguchi - Shingo Fujii - Tamotsu Ogawa - Yuka Shibata - Kiyoshi Tateishi - Satoshi Mori - Hiroyasu Oda - Yoshinari Saito - Toshiyuki Sato - Tomoyuki Niho - Kanta Suzuki - Atsushi Nishigori - Masashi Kudo - Haruko Iizuka - Toshie Kawamura

If you disagree with this, you're a retard.
>>
>>88001110
>>Face is closer the left side and further from the right side

I swear Butch Hartman's butchery of perspective had something to do with this. Even as a kid the mouth placement on his characters always bothered me.
>>
>>88010844
Tell me what Ghost in the Shell ripped off. Go on and tell me.
>Inb4 The Matrix

>Eva's writing is pretentious garbage
That's just flat out wrong and you've probably never even seen the show. Despite what Anno may say about it he very clearly put a lot of effort into it and it certainly doesn't just throw things in because they sound cool.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with you because you clearly have never watched any anime.
>>
>>88010964
Ghost in the Shell ripped off Escape from New York senpai
>>
>>88010964
Blade Runner (1982), Neuromancer (1984) off the top of my head. Like straight off.
>>
>>88010844
Okey so you dont like anime? It is not like you have to watch it, manga is fine too
>>
>>88010964
>Tell me what Ghost in the Shell ripped off. Go on and tell me.
>>Inb4 The Matrix
Jesus Christ get some culture
>>
>>88011004
None of those things were ripped off though. GITS was inspired by them absolutely but none of its concepts are ripped straight from them.
>>
>>88010819
>Also
ANIMATOR POWER RANKINGS

S+ : Hiroyuki Okiura - Mitsuo Iso - Osamu Tanabe - Takeshi Honda - Toshiyuki Inoue - Tex Avery - Toshihiko Masuda - Bob Clampett

S : Norio Matsumoto - Masashi Ando - Kenji Hachizaki

S- : Yutaka Nakamura - Shinya Ohira - Shinji Hashimoto - Takeshi Honda - Tatsuyuki Tanaka - Atsuko Tanaka - Katsuya Kondo - Chikashi Kubota - Emery Hawkins - Milt Kahl - Bob McKimson - Yoshinobu Michihata

A+ : Satoru Utsunomiya - Ei Inoue - Shinji Otsuka - Tetsuya Nishio - Kouichi Arai - Hisashi Mori - Yasunori Miyazawa - Takahiro Kishida - Kou Yoshinari - Kiyotaka Oshiyama - Kazuto Nakazawa - Nobuo Tomizawa - Yuichiro Yano

A : Masaaki Yuasa - Tetsuya Takeuchi -Yoshihiko Umakoshi - Kenichi Yoshida - Yoshiji Kigami - Makiko Futaki - Tatsuro Kawano - Tatsuzo Nishida - Hiroyuki Aoyama - Hideki Hamasu - Hiromasa Yonebayashi - Kazuchika Kise - Tokuyuki Matsutake - Kenichi Konishi - Masahiro Ando - You Yoshinari

A- : Arifumi Imai - Norifumi Kugai - Yasuomi Umetsu - Masami Goto - Gosei Oda - Masahito Yamashita - Shouichi Masuo - Tadashi Hiramatsu - Kaichiro Terada - Mahiro Maeda - Akira Honma - Toshiyuki Tsuru - Nobutake Ito - Takeshi Koike - Akihiko Yamashisha - Hidetsugu Ito - Michio Mihara - Norimitsu Suzuki - Yuriko Chiba - Yoshimi Itazu - Yuuki Hayashi - Takayuki Hamada - Ryotaro Makihara - Yukiko Horiguchi - Hironori Tanaka - Miso - Yoshimichi Kameda

B+ : Yasushi Muraki - Masami Obari - Bahi JD - Takashi Hashimoto - Kenichi Kutsuna - Ikuo Kuwana - Shoujiro Nishimi - Takashi Tomioka - Naoyuki Onda - Yuichiro Sueyoshi - Kazuyoshi Yaginuma - Masashi Okumura - Yoshiyuki Ito - Norimoto Tokura - Atsushi Wakabayashi - Hirofumi Suzuki - Noriyuki Kitanohara - Takashi Mukouda - Shukou Murase - Katsuya Yamada - Shingo Suzuki - Hakuyu Go - Ryochimo - Keiichiro Watanabe - Hiroshi Tomioka - Keisuke Watabe - Chuck Jones - Jim Tyer - Hayao Miyazaki - Rod Scribner
>>
>>88011004
>same genre
>rip-off

nobody can ever make a cyberpunk thing again it's over
>>
>>88011044
Dude all the social and political concepts in are ripped straight off Neuromancer, except with more fluff.
>>
File: B7nJRZPCcAMqVNb.png (97KB, 350x362px) Image search: [Google]
B7nJRZPCcAMqVNb.png
97KB, 350x362px
>>88011074
>tex avery and clampett
>S+
>mckimson and kahl at S-
>>
>>88010707
Not him, but you're visibly a virgin.
Nobody's perfect I guess.
>>
>>88011141
McKimsom was not as good as Avery & Clampett.

Avery
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x51wwm_mgm-cartoon-blitz-wolf-1942_shortfilms

Clampett
http://www.b99.tv/video/great-piggy-bank-robbery/

McKimson
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ip9xk_looney-tunes-walky-talky-hawky-1946-720p_animals
>>
>>88011237
kahl is at least S tier though
>>
>>88011321
Kahl is the Bob McKimsom of Disney however.
>>
>>88011139
Are we talking about first GiTS movie? Because i dont remember manga having any of this shit
>>
>>88011074
why is miyazaki so low
why is anno not even listed, i remember him having some pretty impressive animation cuts
>>
>>88011510
Anno is a great animator but he's mostly a really good director. He could still be on the list though.
>>
>>88011510
Chuck Jones of the east.
>>
>>88011237
Clampett was crap, his characters looks like amorphous blobs!
>>
>>88011622
No that was Rod Scribner who made the characters amorphous blobs, McKimson made the characters rock solid.
>>
>>87995558
yes, just take a look at Homestar Runner
>>
>>87992567
Look man, the left Spongebob may look better, but the right Bowser really does not.
>>
>>88011934
Only for SMG4 videos.
>>
>>88009103
Famicom pls.

>>88009168
No, the original list (that you've raped) only listed works not only animated in Japan, but COMPLETELY produced in Japan as well. Most of the shows you've """added""" may have had some of their animation done in Japan (via cheap labour), but otherwise are produced in the West. If I was knowledgeable about animation enough to make a "Essential Western animation" list, then I sure as hell ain't gonna include something like Tekkonkinkreet just because its director hails from the West.
>>
>>88010627
Yugioh was legit before card games happened.
>>
>>88012131
That was not from Famicom.

Also the list said "Essential Japanese Animation", it said nothing about "produced by".

Also TMS costed an arm and a leg as is also the case with the other Japanese studios listed at the time those shows were being made (with TMS costing the most) otherwise we won't be touching Korea.
>>
>>88010849
THE
>>
>>88012310
NUT
>>
>>88012349
SHACK
>>
>>87984122
I guess stuff that is hand made like traditional animation or stock animation tend to have their own look
>>
>>88012310
>>88012349
>>88012381
tito nutjobber blew it up
>>
>>88010844
>the creator himself said it's meaningless and it was only there because it sounded cool and mysterious.
That was specifically in relation to the Judeo-Christian imagery, just like other fiction uses Norse and Greek myths. It's all "ancient aliens" stuff. Pare away the pseudo-religious fluff, and you're still left with a decent story about the nature of interpersonal relationships and the ideas that define one's sense of self.

>>88011020
He was preemptively mocking him, m8, since The Matrix was inspired by Ghost in the Shell. "I'll bet you think it's X", that kind of deal.
>>
>>88013538
>I'll bet you

in other words the complete lack of an argument
>>
>>88013766
Yes? He was just joking about how stupid he thinks the other person is. It wasn't some super logical treatise. Do you not understand how real-people conversations work?
>>
>>88005935
>assume you were talking about the ACTUAL renaissance where art began to leave the constraints of picture perfect murals and portraits to more conceptual in-depth art work

>no I mean this shitty timeline of animation
>but respect your elders dude lmao

seriously kill yourself you retard.
>>
>>88013966
Japanese animation > western animation
>>
>>88013966
I haven't even looked at the timeline or whatever, because lol Famicom, but anyone in an animation thread will probably be talking about the Disney Renaissance. It's a pretty well-known thing.
>>
File: this is fine.jpg (39KB, 636x651px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.jpg
39KB, 636x651px
>>87984122
You have no place commenting on animation if you think '2014' looks more polished
>>
Spongebob's animation went downhill after S1.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>88013890

Internet conversations aren't supposed to work like face to face ones. This was immediately obvious to everyone who used this site prior to 2010
>>
>>88007857
That was awful.
>>
>>88014118
Yeah dude, no one mocked anyone on 4chan prior to 2010. It was all serious and sober arguments.

Walk off a pier.
>>
>>88014009
That doesn't excuse anything. Renaissance means a great time of moving forward in (art), yet (that picture) is using the word to tell people to go BACK to a style that has been done to the point exhaustion (like painting).

He's using the word incorrectly and just living on nostalgia. If you want to break away from the shitty animation styles of the present then try out a new style. Don't cry that actual content creators are moving on.
>>
>>88014166

Is that what I said? No, I said people didn't expect 4chan conversations to be the same as in-person ones.

Walk out the door of a submarine
>>
>>88014128
I'd like to see you do better.
>>
>>88014209
That's all good and fair, but you don't really have grounds on which to furiously greentext at someone when it's all because you failed at recognising a well-known thing.
>>
>>87984122
I think there are certain methods which allow a smooth animation but lack natural feel. Then you have this method which makes showing movement easy so you have to reinsert the effort to in a more conscious (and therefore avoidable)
>>
>>88014267
I'm not a career animator. It's not my responsibility to "do better" tan someone who makes a living creating animation. However, even though I am not an animator, that does not invalidate my opinion about a crew whose careers are in animation, because I can say, without a doubt, that was awful.
>>
>>88014351
>it was awful despite me having absolutely no clue how animation works
Sure, and I bet you also think Disney is the pinnacle of animation.
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>88014267
I hope no one is retarded enough to respond to this bait seriousl--

>>88014351

Fuck.
>>
>>88014242
Fine, but that's not really relevant. I said "real-people conversations" in the sense of joking and mocking, versus just straightforward, sterile logic arguments.
>>
>>88014374
Okay, I just killed myself. My will stipulates that my remaining fortune will be to send you a picture of the .webm posted with the note, "This is awful," attached to it every day for the rest of your life.
ggfaggo
>>
>>88014306
>you don't really have grounds

I do? Because my argument still stands that picture/timeline is nothing but nostalgia wank.

Just because disney named an era of their better movies Renaissance doesn't mean you guys get to use the word wrong.

And seriously? No, I didn't know disney was that self-absorbed and called a time of their movies a Renaissance, in fact, the only thing dumb here is that the actual Renaissance comes second to a disney one.

My only advice for you guys read a fucking book.
>>
This thread made me realize why /a/ and /co/ are forcibly separated. We can't have one thread about animation without arguing whether anime or western cartoons are better?

There's gems and shit from east and west. There's no reason to argue because we all want more good animation, we're all on the same side, unless you have some autistic devotion to the east or west.
>>
File: hope-mini.jpg (455KB, 660x3549px) Image search: [Google]
hope-mini.jpg
455KB, 660x3549px
>>88013966
That does have picture perfect murals and in-depth art work.
>>88014009
This was a broader scope then just Disney.
>>88014209
No, far from it, what is being done now has no life and is flat, what people want is detail & construction.

Nobody here is living on nostalgia and nobody here is using things incorrectly, what that picture is doing is the right thing.

Short version here.
>>
>>88014472
This was never a wank, it will be on /aco/ if it was.
>>
>>88014480
Remember the episode of Spongebob when Squidward got pissed off at Spongebob doing whatever he wanted for his art, while Squidward furiously kept telling him there are rules he has to follow to make art good? Spongebob is Japan after the digital revolution, and Squidward is the West.
>>
>>88014480
The problem is people arguing over what animation should be, when both /a/ and /co/ animation are radically different in their approaches.
Trying to compare them is redundant.
>>
>>88011044
Shirow never had an original thought outside of thinking about all the sexual things you could do with Ghosts and cyberizing.
>>
>>88014472

>implying th capital-R Renaissance wasn't full of nostalgia for Classical art
>implying it doesn't make sense for the animation renaissance to be more relevant in a thread specifically about animation

quit embarrassing yourself
>>
>>88014472
Anon, please. People just call it the Disney Renaissance because Disney was the biggest name driving it forward at the time, but it was part of a larger animation renaissance.

Anyway, an animation renaissance comes second to the real one in this thread, because we are talking about animation and not general fine art. Use your context clues and think about what's relevant.
>>
>>88014749
where't the renaissance of today though
it's been 20 years so far
>>
>>88014741
It was not nostalgia, it was saving people from suffering.
>>
>>88014501
>That does have picture perfect murals and in-depth art work.

>skips the word 'conceptually' (in-depth)

ah, I see, then you're just a full-fledged nostalgia kid. crying that cartoons aren't pretty (ignoring the actual concepts put behind them).

Say no more. I can now see what you are.

For the record, I'm not defending the current trend of noodle armed, solid pallet animations. But all you want are pretty cartoons that have no actual conceptual ideas behind them. You only care about the shallow surface that animators have long gotten bored with.

If there were an actual Renaissance of animation then we would be seeing works of all kinds of styles and ideas. I'm thinking things like hertzfeldt's "It's a beautiful day". His style reflects his ideas and themes. The so-called disney Renaissance was a bunch of meh stories and ideas that they (took and rewrote,) tried to cover up with pretty, moving pictures.
>>
>>88014749
>it's fine being wrong because we're in the right thread for it

Well then.
>>
>>88014906
>John K hated Filmation because they were moving forward when John K want to push the industry back to the 40s.

You are WAY off your rocker, seek help.
>>
>>88014976
I don't even know what you are quoting at this point, and for what purpose.
I legitimately think you have no idea what is being written, it's concerning.
>>
File: 38d.jpg (50KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
38d.jpg
50KB, 600x604px
>>88014950
But... it's not wrong. It has a Wikipedia article and everything. It's a real period understood by both the industry and the press.

Is this a "pretending to be retarded" thing that you're doing? Does the idea of any two items having the same name confuse you?
>>
>>88015046
I do know what is being made, it's you that has no idea what you are even talking about.
>>
>>88015046
Don't try and engage with him.

He is mentally deranged.
>>
>>88015118
I feel like you're having a different argument from what I had posted. I'd advise you to reread but that might be too much for you.
>>
>>88015175
No, you are.
>>
>>88007594
>Anivision was kept until season 9.
Season 10, actually. Specifically the episode where Mr. Burns finds Nessie.
>>
>>88015272
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>88015200

not him but why don't you enlighten* us, since you seem to be the only one who knows what you're even arguing about.

*Not trying to reference the Enlightenment, before you make assumptions and go off on another frothing rant.
>>
bump
>>
>>88007876
> Link
I like that blend. I wouldn't want it to replace both 2D and 3D but it would be a welcome third paradigm for me.
>>
>>87999521
Fun fact, the first episode's chase scene on the alien planet was animated in Adobe Flash.
>>
>>87999866
Season 4 went from looking similar to the movie to being rigid as hell.
>>
>>88009747
Even as a kid, I noticed straight away when u saw the Spongebob movie that they were drawing him as a perfect rectangle. Gave up on the show soon after.
>>
File: 1473796742524.png (322KB, 496x382px) Image search: [Google]
1473796742524.png
322KB, 496x382px
Came to here to discuss SpongeBobs decline in animation quality. Turns into a fucking anime argument thread.

>Miyazaki good
>Miyazaki bad
>Western cartoon best
>Eastern animation better
>muh fav hab good writing
>no mine is good writing
>>
>>88007617
Also, on Season 3's storyboard section, there's a comment that reads "use less lines - especially on eyes", possibly to Anivision not do the whole stoner eyes thing.
>>
>>88007508
never said that

you're clearly retarded
>>
>>88000904
Joe Johnston did that, though Rebecca posted a picture of a frame from Mr. Greg when she went to visit the animation team in Korea
>>
File: 1476047143997.gif (474KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1476047143997.gif
474KB, 500x383px
FAGGOTS THE LOT OF YOU

the reason is simple.

scheduling and American over saturation.

you wanna know why western cartoons have limited animation now a days? its because the American people want a damn episode every week. which means guess what, a 30 minute episode at 25 fps is 45000 frames.

THATS RIGHT YOU FUCKS! 45000 fucking frames, and guess what, you have to animate all of that and still work on 30 other fucking episodes, all on a budget of around 20k per episode. mind you, that a 20k split up into teams of about 25 people is about 800 dollars you get paid per episode

800 FUCKING DOLLARS. THAT NOT EVEN ENOUGH TO FUCKING PAY FOR MY APARTMENT AND STILL HAVE GROCERIES!!!

you want better animation? you want more stylistic shit? how about you stop demanding an episode every fucking week. how about you stop giving CN, nickelodean and canada the animation monopoly in the west, and you invest in smaller studios to even out the market.

how about you pay more for better animation, you fucking god damn faggots!

you sicken me /co/, you shame anime for being dirt poor animators but for shame /co/

FOR SHAMMME
>>
>>87984122
I hope you're not implying the left frame is rougher (but with more charm due to it's "imperfections") than the one on the right, it's clearly much more skillfully drawn, colored, etc. on a technical level than the more recent one - art on Spongebob didn't get more polished, it just got cheaper and worse
>>
>>88022778
I think the art on the right looking cheaper and sterile was the point being made here.

But if we're being honest here, the show's always had cheap animation, the earlier episodes just used it to its advantage as opposed to its detriment.
>>
>>87984122
this is what i said as a kid. i was triggered in the era when every studio was updating to flash. i was just a kid too
>>
>>88021909
You raise a good point but your solution makes no sense.

> Stop giving the major studios a monopoly

We have as much control over those networks as we do over any other chanel.

And it's not viewers who invest in new studios. We aren't investors seeding new companies, we're a bunch of whiners on an message board.

We can watch and support new or independent animation or donate to a kickstarter but that's the extent of our power.

The major animation networks and their production and scheduling practises aren't going anywhere and it's not the viewers obligation to change how they operate.

I hear this blame the customer for industry practises crap from comic book shops all the time.

"The fans didn't buy enough copies! They let this title die!"

And besides CN, Nick and Disney are included in every basic cable package. We don't really get a choice. And if you're an animation fan, why wouldn't you want those chanels?

It's the studios prerogative to take creative chances or not. We can encourage them by watching or buying. Speak with your dollars. But that's the extent of our power. We can only react to the finished product. The production process is up to the studio and the airing schedule is up to the network. Fans have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>88021909
> how about you stop demanding an episode every fucking week.
Cartoon Network chopped up their usual half-hour premieres into two 15-minute premieres, significantly doubling the time they have to animate anything because now they can build up backlog a lot faster

and then they started doing bombs and dumping episodes at once

so i dont see how its not totally their fault
>>
when you say polished you mean to say streamlined, the simpsons and spongebob aren't better animated nowadays, they are just by the book and without any character.

They are always going to be on model or with whatever percentage the lead animator says they're allowed to squash or stretch characters models, you no longer see the animators hand behind the screen because you're now watching a living brand rather than a cartoon
>>
I have a few cents to add:
WARNING: This is an opinion. Some stuff could be completely wrong or right.

Anime: This is a complicated one; I think in anime alot of why we think it's bad because there's alot of cookie-cutter shows that have a stereotypical character with their mouth being the only piece animated and bad writing, which is relevant in modern anime (with some exceptions). I think there's a name the japs use for this kind of production in TV series, I'm not sure what it is though. Whatever it is, this stereotype didn't make it itself. I think because of the influx of generic anime shows with characters written in with mary sue personalities (I'm looking at you, generic high-school girl animes) mixed with inconsistencies galore (I'm looking at you Sword Art Online)

Western Animation: I say alot of animated shows under industry funding have been stripped away of quality. What makes it more sad this is a paradox of digital animation: Shouldn't a computer be able to make animating a dynamic design much easier to accomplish? Well it seems that art is lost with sterile lines and copying the trendiest CalArts style being a thing. I don't know who to blame for this, CalArts or new animators parroting yet veering so far away from the foundation their inspiration comes from.
>>
>>88006383
I prefer Exmilitary
>>
>>87985142
They pay for animators in Japan depends on of they're in-betweeners or key animators, who their employer is, and how fast they work.

American shows are outsourced to Korea but people always bring up salaries in the anime industry like American shows were animated in America by highly paid American animators. Then there's the fact that American shows sink too much money into things other than animation.

>>87986557
They outsource some work to Korea and other countries, but it's nothing like the wholesale outsourcing done in America. It's also not because of budget but because of personnel shortage.

>>88007047
>anime “violates so many principles of animation—where’s the squash and stretch? the secondary action?
>much of it showing “disdain for what makes animation a unique medium.”
> “anime is badly animated”
>TV animation “requires little attention as far as creativity is concerned.”
As usual Westerners don't understand or care anything about animation, and arrogantly attack those who do.

>>88007344
>>88007379
Achieving 24 frames per second does not mean you have mastered animation.

>>88008593
If you interacted with real humans you'd quickly see that very rarely do any fictional characters speak and behave exactly like real humans. And if you had any appreciation for fiction you'd also realize that there's a lot more to it than strict realism.

>>88008776
> I'm saying that anime characters are not even remotely human. This is because they're written by shut-ins with no life experience.
This is a meme. You actually think internet gossip and tabloid media reports are an accurate representation of Japan.

>And on top of that, anime is cheaply made
This show had an episode budget somewhere between $150,000 and $300,000: https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/22294/

The Simpsons has an episode budget of $2,000,000.

It's almost like there's more to animation production than just throwing money around.
>>
>>88021909
Dube, TV cartoons are around 22 minutes and only use 10,000 drawings, pay is around $2000 a month and the only way to fix the fuck ups is to replace the people who are running the industry with people who will follow the Preston Blair book.
>>
>>87984152
I think it's more to do with the cleaner it is, the more popular it is, and the more popular it is, then there's more money being pumped into it.

So when you get that, there's more special interests sticking thier hands in and mucking things up to make thier investment in the work grow. This is why the Deadpool moviedidn't want tons of investors, and worked with a smaller budget. Because with those special interests, you get Wolverine : origins.
>>
Computers have ruined everything.
>>
File: 1471384861263.png (123KB, 318x303px) Image search: [Google]
1471384861263.png
123KB, 318x303px
>it's a tms-autist episode
>>
>>88021909
Anime is aired every week too, and nobody animates shows at 24 FPS in either America or Japan. And if someone does, they are being laughably and pointlessly wasteful.

>>88025560
>there's alot of cookie-cutter shows that have a stereotypical character with their mouth being the only piece animated and bad writing
It's a myth that shows consist of just still images and mouth flaps. You are talking about anime that does not exist.

>I think because of the influx of generic anime shows with characters written in with mary sue personalities (I'm looking at you, generic high-school girl animes)
"Generic" does not mean anything, and how exactly are the characters of shows like K-On and Yuru Yuri "Mary Sues"? You either don't know what a Mary Sue is or you don't understand what anime you are attempting to criticize here.
>>
>>88026025
>It's a myth that shows consist of just still images and mouth flaps. You are talking about anime that does not exist.
Dude, 95% of anime does that
not through the whole episode, but they Definitely do to save money of time for the sakuga moments
>>
>>88026041
>>88026041
Dude, 95% of anime does not do that. People on the internet just think it does because they hate anime but don't actually know anything about it.

>not through the whole episode, but
That's a completely different thing.
>>
File: 1389687010078.png (133KB, 260x220px) Image search: [Google]
1389687010078.png
133KB, 260x220px
>>88026066
Nigga, I watch more anime than you. Sometimes the directors are clever hiding their shortcuts, but when it's a conversation, the characters usually stand still mouthflapping like motherfuckers in a boath
>>
>>88026013
No, far from it.
>>88025988
Dude, we been through this, In the US features are made with pocket money, we don't use sponsors like Japan does.
>>
>>88026097
>Nigga, I watch more anime than you.
You've seen barely any anime, possibly none. That's why you are repeating popular falsehoods.
>>
File: 1459698571536.png (254KB, 427x482px) Image search: [Google]
1459698571536.png
254KB, 427x482px
>>88026113
Whatever, autist
No need to keep this conversation going if I can see clearly the intent of this talk
>>
>>88026121
Having an accurate understanding of a topic is not autism.
>>
File: 1952123-peter_potamur.jpg (24KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
1952123-peter_potamur.jpg
24KB, 284x400px
>>88026121
No, you have not.
>>
>>88025560
>generic high school girl animes
But those pretty much dead nowdays.
>>
>>88026150
They've always been dead since they've never existed in the first place.
>>
>>88026174
Explain KyoAni then, thats all they do now of days.
>>
>>88026213
These "generic high school girl animes" do not exist, so it is not possible for Kyoani to be making them.
>>
>>88026223
>K-On!
>Sound Euphonium
>>
>>88026317
They are very different from each other.
>>
>>88026331
No they are not in the end.
>>
>>88026370
Because, like most people, you haven't actually seen them.

K-On is a SoL comedy adapted from a yonkoma manga where the girls mostly fool around amongst themselves in their club room. Hibike is a realistically depicted drama adapted from a novel where the characters are part of a large wind instrument band seriously engaged in winning competitions while dealing with interpersonal drama and such.

We might as well say Sabagebu and Stella are the same thing because they're both about airsoft, nevermind that one is an over-the-top comedy and the other is a psychological drama.
>>
Why is it every time we have a thread about animation on /co/, it ends up being spammed by /a/ content?
Why can't people simply keep it relevant to the board?
>>
>>88026490
More like somebody starts arguing about why anime is better or shit. Why cant you just like both? I watch every season atleast 2 shows
>>
>>88027371
Every season is shit though fagmella
>>
What is it with newfags who think they have to "save" threads by bumping them after nobody has posted for hours? Where do they learn this behavior?
>>
>>88026419
People don't want that is the thing.

They want funny animals hitting each other over the head with blunt objects; Why can't anyone understand that?
>>
>>88028467
A good thread deserves to reach bump limit.
>>
File: lala-39.jpg (92KB, 815x870px) Image search: [Google]
lala-39.jpg
92KB, 815x870px
>>88028545
Just about, best girl thinks so.
>>
>>88026066
>Dude, 95% of anime does not do that.
Fucking Miyazaki movies do that.
>>
>>88028843
Sure they do.

https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/11966/
>>
>>87992567
>hur
>>
>>88000039
>>88000000
>>
>>88012261
May I remind the thread there is a HUGE style difference between 'Western' animation and Japanese animation. Literally you can say what you want and not cause a flame war over this.
>>
>>87984122
I think you've got that backwards, looser more expressive animation is more polished
>>
Is this the animation depression thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbMlmqHAXCk&
>>
>>88028885
>Kazuhide Tomonaga
>TMS (Telecom) director

Please note that Ghibli did not do that scene in house (it was outsourced to TMS and that scene was not even boarded by Miyazaki, TMS shoved it in themselves) but it was 1 out of 2 projects (the other being Lupin Vs Conan The Movie) TMS did when they were almost reserved on Aikatsu, the did Bones' Dandy when they were doing The Aikatsu Movie which the later was completed 14 months before it was released.

>>
>>88028885
>le sakugabooru link
dimwit
>>
>>88032630
Even if he was working at TMS and Ghibli asked him to do the scene, it doesn't mean anything in particular. It's normal practise in the anime industry to use people outside the studio.

The Wind Rises credits nobody on storyboarding, which means Miyazaki must have done it all himself. He's also notoriously a control freak so it's unlikely someone is just going "shove in" something without his approval, and in any case he has the final word on everything.

>>88032698
Yes, it's a sakugabooru link. What about it?
>>
File: 11132121435.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
11132121435.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>88007903
You're garbage.
>>
>>88032842
TMS use to shove in stuff to other people's boards all the time (especially with Warner Bros) and Miyazaki would of never board a scene with busty ladies, that was Tomonaga's idea.

They were suffering with Aikatsu and they needed this more then ever.
>>
>>88032955
Miyazaki was the director and storyboarder of The Wind Rises and a notorious control freak. Maybe Tomonaga added some elements of his own into the scene, but not without Miyazaki's approval.
>>
>>88033107
Tomonaga worked with Miyazaki before he founded Ghibli, TMS' staff are just as much control freaks as Miyazaki hence why Disney replaced them with their own Japanese studio.
>>
>>88033305
It was Miyazaki's movie and Ghibli's production.
>>
>>88033376
Granted.
>>
Do you think it would be possible to have a Japanese and American animation studio co-animate on a film together? I feel like it could work, considering Japanese can do excellent animation all around while American animators usually excel in character animation.
It would be cool to see Startoons and TMS work on a film together.
>>
>>88034301
Startoons is now under the name of Mack Hammer Pro and TMS needs to do a Flintstones X Love Live crossover badly because they suffered long enough.
>>
>>88034301
You are aware that

a) TMS doesn't do American shows anymore
b) Their quality has (mostly) gone down since they stopped.
c) StarToons doesn't exist?
>>
>>88034404
>their quality went down
No it didn't.
>>
>>88034433
Yea, see https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/11966/
>>
>>88034301
Even if there still existed an American studio that was up to the task, I don't know how it would work or what the point would be. The animation styles and work methods of American and Japanese animation are vastly different. The traditional American way is based on cartoons and has one animator in charge of each character, while anime is based on a cinema way of filmmaking and animators are assigned cuts that they are entirely responsible for, including the layouts.
>>
>>88034522
Only Disney does that, no other US studio does this.
>>
>>88034463
That's not really indicative of TMS, just the specific animator that did that cut.
>>
>>88034571
Yes it is, don't be delusional.

If bad animation is found in a TMS project it's because it was ditched to a lesser studio.
>>
>>88034613
A studio is much more than a single animator.
>>
>>88034663
Granted, they have a top fleet of directors.
>>
>>87984409
It's not even that well animated from your example.
>>
>>87999366
I thought the first two seasons were animated well.
>>
>>88035240
Only The Pie Song was animated well.
>>
What sets apart this and a cartoon like Homestar Runner?

I mean, h*R is quite plainly an extremely primitive show comprised of polygons with cheap color gradients pasted on top of each other animated in the legendary animation-killer Macromedia Flash, many of their movements being simple effects that come with Flash itself.

So what makes a show like that feel so alive and animated when, by animation standards, it is at rock bottom?
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.