[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it wrong to like Batman when you have watched a couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1422289361390.jpg (29KB, 348x212px) Image search: [Google]
1422289361390.jpg
29KB, 348x212px
Why is it wrong to like Batman when you have watched a couple of his animated shows and some of his movies which are mostly good, but not his comics which are mostly bad (in the span of all comic content)?

You can't be a fan even though you watched dozens of hours of Batman-related media just because they aren't comics? And what about if you like characters like Cyborg or Starfire from the show but they largely deviate from their personalities in most of their comics? You can't say you are fans of them because you don't like the comics?
>>
>>87979056
It's not, its just a bunch of people who want superiority over others by claiming they're not true fans, but I will say that if you're a batman fan and you don't read comics, atleast checkout the good stuff
>>
>>87979056
>You can't be a fan even though you watched dozens of hours of Batman-related media just because they aren't comics

You can't be a fan, if you actually dislike the character and the content he's been in, while declaring that the subpar adaptations are what the character really is.

You are not a Batman fan, you are a fan of alternate versions of the character, which have little to do with the real Batman.
>>
>>87979366
>alternate versions of Batman
there is no "main" version of Batman when he is written wildly different by different writers and even in the modern universe is completely different to his earlier iterations
>>
It's just bickering over the semantics of what it means to be a "fan".

It doesn't matter that you want to think of yourself as a fan, and it doesn't matter that others don't want you to think of yourself as a fan. It's just a word. Move on.
>>
In my experience, it's only an issue when you start talking about shit you don't know.

I've met people telling me that Snyder and Nolan Batmans are not faithful to how he should be, and then describing Burton Batman as the definitive version "like in the books". Someone else tried to argue a theory over the content of the Winter Soldier book, and she never opened it. Once I got fed up and called her out on it, she admitted having never opened a comic, even though she calls herself a "comic book fangirl". She also regularly posted drawings of the MCU or Facebook posts about her watching the movies and how much of a comic book nerd she is. Same person said that "kal el" is the scientific name of the kryptonite. Had to pull out a Superman comic to make her admit she just read about it on a blog but never read Superman.
A guy once tried to argue that Stan Lee was the one drawing Spider-Man.

Point is : you can be a fan of a character and not read comics (although I find that hard to believe if you like a character that much), but once you start spewing bullshit, don't be surprised if people call you out.
>>
>>87979435

This. The whole issue is that you're searching from some kind of validation from people about being a "fan", and you aren't getting it from other Batman "fans". Just say you liked that old Batman show and live your life.
>>
>>87979056
The thing for me is, I don't really give a fuck if you don't want to read comics BUT the people who do go out every week and buy Batman comics are bigger fans than you, just accept that.

It's easy to say you love something when it only needs your support once every couple of years or so. Much harder when several times a week they need you to lend a hand.

To stretch this crap metaphor further; it's the difference between being married or just dating someone.
>>
>>87979056
>Comics are bad
This isn't the board for you, please go back to /tv/.
>>
>>87979056
There's nothing wrong with that, anon.

It's just some of the comic fans suffer from serious superiority-complex problems and it is better to ignore them.
>>
>>87980090
It's Comic and CARTOON board. And since he likes the Batman animated series, his topic fit here.
>>
>>87979056
>which are mostly bad (in the span of all comic content)?
Don't try those tricks around here. In his entire history, there are more good comics than bad.
>>
>>87979492
Ugh these are some top tier horror stories. I would've killed myself. How do you deal with these fakers so often?
>>
>>87980615
Art school. Plenty of tumblr girls or arrogant guys being "philosophical".

Same guy who said Stan lee drew Spidey once tried to explain that Atlanteans and Egyptians had super powers.
>>
>but not his comics which are mostly bad (in the span of all comic content)
How is it possible to be this wrong?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.