[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many fucking varients did Rebirth need when they made Harley

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1093.jpg (192KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1093.jpg
192KB, 640x453px
How many fucking varients did Rebirth need when they made Harley Quinn? THERE ARE OVER 30 FUCKING VARIANTS OF ISSUE 1. For a collector, that's too expensive.
>>
>>87971305
Well maybe if Collectors weren't so retarded that nonissue wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>87971527
>Collectors
>Collect
>>
>>87971305
Mad about variants because he can't collect all of them.
It's your own fault, anon.
>>
>>87971305
There was one official variant for Harley Quinn. Just like there was one official variant for every Rebirth title. Every other variant is a store exclusive that was commissioned by the store and only available at that store.

Also...

>Collector
>Harley Quinn

I laugh at your garbage attempt to cover your shitposting.
>>
>>87971305
>knotted.jpg
>>
>>87971914
>not enjoying the hilarious comics of Harley

they are free of SJW shit even you cuck
>>
>>87971305
holy shit!!!
not even Spider-Man in his third volume # 1 got that many variants

Jesus.
>>
>>87973674
Didn't Marvel do 50 variants for each 50 states?
>>
>>87973718
DC did the same for JLA. At least Marvel used different art instead of badly photoshopping different flags on the same cover.
>>
>>87973718
yes they did but the premise was understandable. 50 heroes representing each state to promote the new USAvengers

though I never thought that a company would make such a move with Harley since I do not think she is that big of a character to sell comics, not even her Marvel counterpart (the closest being Deadpool, imo) would be under 30 variants.

Even SM like I mentioned received that treatment. Though I think that with the 50 or so relaunches for every comic that seem to happen I guess they are cutting the cap to a relative minimum.
>>
>>87971305
shouldnt her makeup be coming off
>>87971914
clever... that's a way to get people to buy from your store.. but doesnt that cost DC extra
>>87972073
are they? there are comics like that? shiiiiyit
>>
>>87971305
>Collecting Harley Quinn

You deserve to suffer.
>>
>>87971305
does she fuck the dog?
>>
>>87971914
That still means there were over 30 variants.

Variants are designed to encourage stores to order higher, not to encourage end-sales after the stores have bought their copies. Someone at DC fucked up, though, because producing 30+ variants for small retailers is no less costly than producing 30+ variants for all retailers - the print cost is the same per-copy, but the production cost rises. Since a single retailer couldn't possibly order enough to make it worthwhile financially, you'd expect DC to insist that these orders not be returnable (as Harley Quinn was August's top "seller", but was returnable).

It may be that the 360k issues DC printed actually sold 1/6, with the other 83% being returned to be pulped; it may alternatively be that despite being ordered as "returnable", the high sales reflect those 30-odd retailers being forced to buy copies which DC would not then accept as returns in order to cover the absurd costs of their equally absurd promotion. In the former case we would expect that that single first issue alone has wiped out any chance of the series being profitable this year regardless of final sales; in the latter case it would mean that despite still being marked as returnable orders as late as October, Harley Quinn is not in fact a returnable title; regardless of sales, in the latter case we would expect retailers to be wary of buying into promotions related to the title or promotions on returnable titles from DC in future.

In fact Harley Quinn is still receiving respectable orders, but falling fast - five or six thousand an issue - suggesting that it is struggling to find an audience. Non-returnable titles also fall this quickly by issue 6 or 7; expect cancellation and relaunch by #12 if it doesn't bottom out in the 30s. Counter-intuitively, returnable titles still lose orders because they're not 'free' to retailers - there are costs associated with handling, deposits to be paid on orders, etc - far from risk-free ordering.
>>
>>87971305
DC's deadpool
>>
>>87971305
>being a collector
>being a capeshit collector
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.