[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So then how the hell are you suppose to make a Maui costume that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 472
Thread images: 69

File: maui costume.png (159KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
maui costume.png
159KB, 800x526px
So then how the hell are you suppose to make a Maui costume that isn't just kids running around in grass skirts?
>>
>>87961067
If I was Disney I would have lowered the prices to sell more. Thus pissing off all of the SJWs and making more money.
>>
>>87961067
Cheap plastic mask and a t-shirt with a picture of Maui and the word "MAUI" on.
>>
>>87961067
Redpill me 4chan.

Has PC culture officially grown out of control?What the fuck is up with "oohie, owie, muh feelings, muh culture" shit?

Back in my day, da 90's, we didn't give as much of a shit. If you could be sensitive, you can be thick skinned too.
>>
>>87961067
that argument still isn't enought for them to get away with this shit
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (83KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
83KB, 750x1000px
>>87961143
Wouldn't a mask just be the same problem of "putting on black face" the same way this is "putting on brown skin"?

I don't know where the line is being drawn anymore.
>>
>>87961143
Just like Maui all the time wears!
>>
File: 456445746.png (87KB, 512x1192px) Image search: [Google]
456445746.png
87KB, 512x1192px
>>87961067
These are real living people with brains just like yours and mine.

I feel like no one had a problem with this until one person suggested it was racist and a bunch of sensitive people suddenly "saw the light" and jumped on the bandwagon of that train of thought.
>>
>>87961168
I don't think you were alive in the 90's.
>>
File: maui.png (324KB, 591x630px) Image search: [Google]
maui.png
324KB, 591x630px
>>87961143
>>87961234
I think they should have used a design like this in the movie.
>>
>>87961067
In defense of this, I can see why it was pulled. Probably would've been a better idea to have a transparent costume with the tattoos and accessories.

Then again, you'd most likely get a rash.
>>
Now what am I gonna have to do to get Halloween pictures of little girls in grass skirts?
>>
File: kids costumes.jpg (134KB, 1204x648px) Image search: [Google]
kids costumes.jpg
134KB, 1204x648px
>>87961375
Are you sure you can see why this was pulled? Or has the PC craze just gone on so long, you're starting to see -ists where they don't exist because you consider that the norm now?
>>
>>87961242
I remember the American Crash Dummies special. I had the Batman toys where you had to clip the goddamn cape on his neck. I watched PSA messages with my shows, They don't even TRY to do that shit no more, and that's bull!
>>
>>87961168
>Back in my day, da 90's, we didn't give as much of a shit.
Then you were probably a fucking child at the time because PC shit was a huge problem then too. It's just what was considered "PC" back in the 90s is now the norm while the stuff that's considered "PC" now won't be the norm for another 20 years.
>>
File: ApprovedbytheNAACP 2.jpg (55KB, 345x484px) Image search: [Google]
ApprovedbytheNAACP 2.jpg
55KB, 345x484px
>>87961067
>>87961143

Yeah, because this looks way less offensive
>>
>>87961482
No, I always thought those costumes were dumb. Why dress up as another human being? You're not going to comicon, you're going trick-r-treating. Dress up as a monster or something.

Anyways, stop assuming everything you don't like is some PC-plot.
>>
>>87961186
>>87961067
I have a feeling that Disney won't be able to make merchandise off of this movie at all, atleast when it comes to costumes.
>>
>>87961556
>My opinion on these costumes influences the discussion on why I think the Maui costume is offensive and the others are not

Sorry, thought I was having a debate with someone rational.
>>
>>87961482
>what is historical context
I mean, I don't give a shit about this, but, you know... brown/black/yellowface exists, whiteface doesn't except for clowns. Acting like you have no idea why SJWs freak out over this just makes you look like a dumbass.
>>
>>87961406
The SJWs have actually got your back on this one. Because the only way the kids gonna be able to dress up as a character from the movie now is if they make a real grass skirt themselves.
>>
File: tiana mask.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tiana mask.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>87961601
If that's the case, then any mask with human skin color should be fucking banned.

Defending this whiny behavior of "People wearing cartoon Maui costumes are appropriating my culture" makes you look like a thin-skinned idiot.
>>
File: Well hm.jpg (81KB, 460x278px) Image search: [Google]
Well hm.jpg
81KB, 460x278px
>>87961520
>Then you were probably a fucking child at the time

I'll give you that one (because it's true). I just feel that people are becoming more sensitive than they really ought to. When does it become too much?
>>
File: bueno.jpg (33KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
33KB, 362x366px
>>87961667
>>
>>87961067
>controversial
How?
>>
>>87961238
i wonder if someone should try to start a boycott against the movie itself
>my skincolor is not a movie
>>
>>87961717
Because it offends people who have poured their life savings into body-covering tattoos.
>>
>>87961717
The skin on the costume is dark. So if a white person wears it they are basically torching a village of starving Africans with their vicious racism.
>>
File: Make America Great Again.jpg (20KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Make America Great Again.jpg
20KB, 450x450px
>>87961717
Dressing up as a race or "culture" that isn't yours is "racist" or "cultural appropriation" to idiots with too much time on their hands. Guess that also means that anyone who isn't white can't wear a Donald Trump Halloween mask because it's "racist".

Fucking kids just want to dress up as their favorite characters from the Disney movie the watched. I wish people would just fucking grow up and stop being so divisive.
>>
>>87961749

This.

It's offensive to cheapen a peoples culture and beliefs by making a costume out of it. But it's OK for Disney to turn it into a cartoon
>>
>>87961067
Just make it see-through like tattoo sleeves. "Problem" solved.
>>
>>87961601
Brown, black, yellow, redface etc. are caricatures of races. This isn't a caricature of a race, it's a cartoon character and that's how kids see it. Unless you consider the Maui character himself a caricature of Polynesian men, which some people surprisingly do, but a very small sect.

There is a difference between putting on a sombrero and saying, "I'm going as a Mexican for Halloween" and putting on this costume and saying, "I'm Maui, from Disney's Moana movie". One is "going as a race", the other is "going as a person/character". The latter just happens to be a certain race, but isn't the whole point of equality to look past that shit so that anyone can dress up as shit so a black girl can be Ariel if she wants a white kid can be Maui if he wants?
>>
File: 1392918767205.png (141KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1392918767205.png
141KB, 500x281px
>>87961717
White kids running around wearing brown skin as a costume.

This is the problem when your character is almost all tattoos.
Even if you changed the color then people will bitch about white washing.

This costume should of never been made,but I know they were trying to sell at boys with this movie.
>>
>>87961800
>Guess that also means that anyone who isn't white can't wear a Donald Trump Halloween mask because it's "racist".

But then again, I can already see them rationalize that "it's okay for blacks to dress as Trump ironically, because he's racist, so he deserves it!", as if two wrongs made a right.
>>
I wonder if this can get even worse in the next 50 years
Will I burn at the stake if I don't pay enough privilege fee when I'm 80?
>>
>>87961067

The implication is that kids should take full-body tattoos.
>>
>>87961067
How about you simply stop being a racist?
>>
>>87961942
People say that the political scene is like a pendulum. That it keeps swinging back and forth from extreme left to extreme right, etc. If that's true, then I'd say that the pendulum has already started swinging back. What with Trump being elected, and an ever growing crowd of people getting sick of left extremism.
Unfortunately, things never get to stay in the middle between both extremes for too long.
>>
>>87962036

It's not racist
>>
File: 266.jpg (36KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
266.jpg
36KB, 604x604px
>>87962036
>>
>>87961682
It's not so much a change of people, but a change of platform.

Literally anything can gain steam in seconds with social media and the internet, and the lack of borders between like-minded people increases the volume and just adds to the voice.

It's not so much that people are becoming more inherently sensitive, but that they have the ability to push their ideals farther because there's more like-minded people who will share their thoughts.

Really, the biggest reason is confidence above all else.
>>
>>87962160
It seems like the farther we get into technology, the more bat-shit crazy we get.
>>
File: Black_bolt.png (308KB, 1142x520px) Image search: [Google]
Black_bolt.png
308KB, 1142x520px
>>87962242
The crazy was inside people all along, the internet just makes it easier to find and share.

Furries and shit have been around since the egyptians, but they could never find each other until modern day. Sick bastards will find their own.

After all, isn't that why all of us are here...?
>>
>>87962295
Crazy people are find. It's when the internet destroys the news industry and they're forced to make clickbait articles to get revenue because no one will buy a newspaper anymore which is the problem. Shit like this gains traction because news sites pick and choose from a handful of crazy people then labels it as "social media outrage".
>>
>>87961067
Ok, could somebody explain to me what's supposed to be "controversial" in this costume? I honestly have no idea what offended people this time.
>>
>>87961679
there are no masks with white skin....
>>
>>87962442
>>87961186
>>
>>87961067
And yet they still sell Thor costumes
CULTURAL APPROPRIATION
>>
>>87961682
>I just feel that people are becoming more sensitive than they really ought to.
That's just because you're a fucking newfag, both to life and 4chan.
>>
>>87962468
implying this arab girl is white
she's brown as well...
>>
>>87962974
And? If the criteria for who can wear the mask is that they must be brown in skin, not black in race, then just throw the whole SJW movement out the window because that's insensitive as fuck.
>>
>>87962295
>Black bolt in tactical inspired gear
This just looks wrong.
>>
>>87961067
Those tattoos are sacred and religious in nature and not something that people should wear flippantly. It would be okay if it was just the padded muscles without the tattoos like a sumo outfit costume.
>>
>>87964004
>It would be okay if the costume looked nothing like the character it was trying to portray.
You have to go back.
>>
>>87961067
Stupid question: Why?
>>
I don't even understand why blackface is so bad

how the fuck are you supposed to dress up as a famous black guy?
>>
>>87961067
Kids should get real tattoos for Halloween, clearly.
>>
>>87961067
Hang on, isn't by saying "we don't think white kids should wear brown skin costume" saying white kids shouldn't look up to non-white heroes and so vice versa?

How is this not saying "you can't like non-white characters?"
>>
>>87965141
Political correctness is not about making sense, it's about avoiding controversy. Which requires less intellect.
>>
>>87961238
If you tell these same people that Nordic gods shouldn't be played by blacks and asians they'll throw a conniption fit.
>>
>>87965141
Progressivism is blatantly segregationist though what with safe spaces and the like.
>>
>>87961067
They should have just made it translucent fleshy tan in some way. Would have solved the problem methinks.
>>
>>87965141
>isn't by saying "we don't think white kids should wear brown skin costume" saying white kids shouldn't look up to non-white heroes

No. Because there's a difference between dressing up as a brown hero and dressing up in brown skin. Black kids don't have to paint themselves white to dress up as Superman, they just wear the costume. It's harder to do that with Maui admittedly but that's more a failure of the character design not PC culture gone mad!
>>
>>87961717
I'm not expert (and probably got the specific country/ethnicity wrong) but the tattoos are generally sacred to samoans and have to be earned unless you're blackout drunk during a vacation.
It's a bit difficult to invent an proper equivalent to explain but generally the costume probably is roughly the equivalent of plastering ten billion jew stars, crosses, stigmata and so forth on a priest/nun outfit (holy water sprinklers are entirely optional) with badly translated bible passages in engrish blasting through your toy popemobile for the sake of making some chinese dudes a bunch of money. And we all know that one of the only things that makes Jesus start flipping tables is commercializing religion.
>>
>>87961238
Maui Costume: Made with 100% real Polynesian skin
>>
>>87961238
Is it just me, or all of the people complaining are white?
>>
>>87968138
wouldn't it be just as offensive then to have it on a fiction character?
>>
>>87968229
Maui's not just a fictional character, he's a cultural folk hero. Think a Polynesian Hercules
>>
>>87968229
No idea but there is a bit of a difference between some people "drawing" Maui for a story which gets sold on and a shilling Maui directly for cash. It's a bit of a fine line.
To try and make the christian equivalent.
One is telling a story about Jesus which will also make money. Another is selling Jesus costumes to kids who know nothing about him nor care explicitly to make a buck.

Plus Samoans have expressed problems with companies directly shilling their sacred tattoos for money before so this is an entirely foreseeable problem.
>>
>>87961238
>>87962036
This is proof that SJW's are literally retarded. They can't understand the difference between racist blackface sterotypes and 5 year old kids wanting to dress up like that kickass Polynesian demigod character (voiced by that former wrestler everyone loves) that they saw in a kids movie.

Maybe like a month or so ago there was this story about some kid who got in trouble because he wrote a report on MLK Jr. and dressed up for the presentation. This poor kid idolized MLK, and people were calling him a racist because he put on brown makeup. How would anyone get that he's MLK if he just wears a suit?

SJW's will fight tooth and nail to defend the right of black kids to dress like a white Disney princesses, but have a meltdown anytime white kids want to respectfully emulate non-white characters, because that contravenes their victim complex.
>>
>>87961143
>a t-shirt with a picture of Maui
No it's a poncho of Maui and the cast of characters. Did you even into shitty kid costumes as a kid?
>>
File: JesusSPL_468x536.jpg (46KB, 468x536px) Image search: [Google]
JesusSPL_468x536.jpg
46KB, 468x536px
>>87968459
>Another is selling Jesus costumes to kids who know nothing about him nor care explicitly to make a buck.
Like selling jesus action figures?
>>
>>87968459
>Another is selling Jesus costumes to kids who know nothing about him nor care explicitly to make a buck.
You mean like Thor?
>>
>>87970023
Like some godless pagans selling Jesus action figures.

>>87970074
Prettymuch.
>>
>>87961860
>This costume should of never been made
And then people would complain that you can buy costumes for every other Disney character and excluding him is also racist.
>>
>>87970023
>Jesus
>God's Son

Oh good, I was concerned that this may have been some other Jesus.
>>
>>87970300
>insert "I was wondering why my gardener had an action figure" joke here
>>
>>87961682

Id guess When youre 40.

Im about 30 now and im just about fucking with you lil youthful shitfaces getting your muddy feet all over my fandoms
>>
>>87962295
>Furries and shit have been around since the egyptians

More like since the caves
>>
>>87961067
SJWs are retarded like always. The only reason Maui is a full body costume is because of his tattoos. Jared Leto's Joker from suicide squad had a similar costume because of his tattoos, is that also racist against albinos now?
>>
You know when Redditors and Tumblrites steal memes and then they become normie memes? Like what almost happened to Pepe.

That's what cultural appropriation is.
>>
>>87961168
PC has always been nothing more than a tool to deny opposition a platform to speak. it's always been a cancer.
>>
>>87961238
>my culture is not a costume
>whenever my culture comes up its always stereotypes, traditional clothing and shit
>costumes for halloween or w/e based on those traditional clothes
>nobody gets mad
brown people amirite
>>
>WHY ARE THEY SAYING BLACK FACE IS RACIST REEEEEEEEE
You kids need to grow up
>>87967585
but those blacks and and asians aren't painting themselves white to play the role now are they, you doofus?
>>
File: Sinterklaas 043.jpg (72KB, 720x487px) Image search: [Google]
Sinterklaas 043.jpg
72KB, 720x487px
>>87978101
>any depiction of white people painting themselves a different colour is automatically connected to american minstrel shows.

you are the reason the international community is trying to kill of a century old tradition in my country.

fuck you.

meanwhile, in the carribeans
>>
>>87978152
Don't know the context of what's happening in your country and I don't really care as it doesn't make blackface less racist.
>>
File: Schwarzhäupter_09.jpg (2MB, 1464x1556px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarzhäupter_09.jpg
2MB, 1464x1556px
>>87978255
blackface is specifically an american entity and has a very distinct look

historic depictions like this has existed for centuries. people painting themselves as other races isnt nessecarily meant as a negative thing.
>>
>>87978297
That just looks racist as fuck dog, what's it even supposed to depict?
>>
File: Riga_Schwarhaeupterhausportal.jpg (351KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
Riga_Schwarhaeupterhausportal.jpg
351KB, 800x583px
>>87978360
thats the Black Heads order, dedicated to Saint Mauritius. A black saint.

you fucking bigot
>>
>>87961067

>complaining about the Disney merchandise being racist.

Wow, I'm sure that will inspire Disney to make more black characters.
>>
Ooo. Ha, reading the thread I see that it was pulled because the skin tone. That didn't even cross my mind that it would be a majority of white and Hispanic kids wearing it. In my little brain I thought it was cause people were mad that they were not respecting the ideals behind the tattoos, as it was a tribal passage thing, and you can't just get them for fun.

>What am I becoming.
>>
>>87978375
I said it looked racist. I had no context. in that case, it's not blackface and relates in no way to the topic at hand. I love when /pol/tards try the "Y-y-you were really racist the whole time" shtick because it highlights that they clearly understand that they're wrong and are trying their damnedest to make other people wrong with you.
>>
>>87978423
>gosh now they'll be less inclined to be racist. you blew it guys
Also the cast of moana aren't black you twit.
>>
>>87978470

Of course they're going to make less controversial characters in the future so they can keep selling all that princess merchandise shit. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>87978495
no duh you twit. that was the point.
>>
>>87978460
you were ready to condemn a historic depiction of black people because youre to up your own ass with american culture.

blackface is racist, sure. But painting yourself black or having exaggerated stereotypes of people isnt.
>>
>>87978535
>blackface is racist, sure. But painting yourself black or having exaggerated stereotypes of people isnt
>blackface is racist, sure. but literally the definition of blackface isn't
Seriously anon?
>>
>>87978556

Stop baiting.
>>
>>87978556
The fact that you think Americans invented painting up as a different race and that you think their version of blackface is the universal and historical version of what people have done for centuries shows how narrow you are in scope of the rest of the world and its history and in fact how ignorant you are and how much you think America dominates every atom of the world.
>>
Question
Why DOES blackface ass-blast people so?
What is it about facepaint that whips the politically sensitive into a fury?
>>
>>87961242
>>87961520

You say that knowing full well how every white asshole was running out to get tribal tattoos like clockwork.

Obviously there's a difference now if wearing a costume with tribal tattoos is "cultural appropriation."
>>
File: Sinterklaas_Groningen_2015.jpg (185KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sinterklaas_Groningen_2015.jpg
185KB, 960x720px
>>87978255
I assume he's referring to how people are trying to cut out the Zwarte Piet character in the Netherlands. People usually dress up in blackface to play the character alongside Santa, but it's seen a bit of controversy the last few years. It's a pretty harmless character imo.
>>
>>87978580
America didn't make it racist anon. It always was. and it is. going into denial to try to justify something racist doesn't make it less racist.

>>87978599
well that's harmless. still racist though.
>>
File: IMG_20161127_032742.jpg (304KB, 782x928px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161127_032742.jpg
304KB, 782x928px
>>87961482
>I'm you but stronger
>>
>>87978615
Racism is inherently harmful you twat. You can't backhand shit by saying "Oh that's okay, but I'm still right because it's racist".
>>
>>87978460
Blackface is racist but other stereotypical imagery isnt just because its connected to a church?
How do you people function in life?
>>
>>87978586
I don't know why they got in a huff about it back then, but I can imagine now, why bother making it blackface when we have thousands of actually black actors willing to play the parts? Black people were not really allowed to be on screen in Hollywood back in the 1890-1900s. Maybe like one in the background and only if they were the maid/didn't have lines.

So suddenly you want to protray, let's say Jazz culture or something. And now you need a black guy be the lead. But that ain't happening without a lot of paper work and extra money to figure out said paperwork. Plus nobody black is famous yet and people don't know their names. Problem. Solution? Let's paint this famous, well know white guy! Brilliant! It'll be just like the same thing .

People drank a lot back then. And were kinda stupid.
>>
>>87978615
You've literally never lived or experienced a life where people could use make-up to appear as other races and people weren't offended because they understood they were in a costume trying to match the look, not insult the person. You can't even comprehend what it's like for a community to be accepting of such a thing or understand how people can be okay with it because your country's history has fucked over your perception of things.

And that's sad.
>>
>>87978625

>you twit
>you twat
>you twit.

Did the 10 year old Tumblrette discover a new word to use?
>>
>>87978615
But he's not? I'm no expert in Dutch culture, but he's Santa's helper. It's not like he's a negative character, his design is just a bit exaggerated.
>>
>>87978586
Its blatantly stereotypical and todays politically sensitive pussbags cant stand a stereotype, and as such just must virtue signal and show off their programming by pointing out how awful it is.
Personally, i miss blackface. Shit is funny as fuck.
Question is, what do these folk think of redneck jokes?
>>
File: not me.png (29KB, 586x416px) Image search: [Google]
not me.png
29KB, 586x416px
>>87978662
>I have no point to make so I'm just going to use a buzzword and then call someone a samefag!
>But then they end up not being a samefag!
>>
>>87978682

>muhhh duhh you're racist you twit! Blackfase is bad you twat!

Go back to Tumblr.
>>
>>87978706
Yeah, I could tell you were floundering after caving and calling someone a Tumblerette despite acting like one yourself.

Let's see how you try to damage control your way out of this one.
>>
>>87978615
it's racist to you cause your particular cultural context. in the end there's nothing wrong about painting someone darker if they're supposed to be interpreting a black character
>>
>>87978625
I never said it was okay, I said it was racist. which it is. I think it's harmless in my opinion but that doesn't make it less racist.

>>87978637
Yes blackface is racist. whether that crest counts as "stereotypical imagery" is debatable with proper context which I don't have. How do you function. you keep doing all these mental gymnastics to say racist things aren't racist which is like being adamant that red is actually blue.

>>87978669
Santa's black helper being played by a white wearing another persons race as a costume. Like I said I think it's harmless but that doesn't make it less racist.
>>
>>87961875
This is just ignoring the fact that Trump isn't racist.
>>
>>87978729
And again: >>87978656
And someone else stating: >>87978725
You literally cannot comprehend how this is not racist because you've been raised all your life to believe it is and failing to understand that blackface is a very specific type of insult and dress-up and not just "anyone non-black person who puts on brown make-up".

That line of thinking and genuinely believing it's a superior way of thinking is exactly why other cultures have had to change shit that was totally okay with them prior because Americans didn't like it. It's absurd.
>>
>>87978729
>Santa's black helper being played by a white wearing another persons race as a costume

I still fail to see the problem. How does the character give off the idea that one race is lesser than the other? Is it just the design alone? It's not a modern look, but he's beloved in the country, and he doesn't do anything stereotypical, as far as I know. His design is just a way people used to draw a certain race.
>>
I was planning on wearing a Maui costume, when I went trick or treating tonight. Aw, drat.
>>
>>87978769
>you only think blackface is blackface because you were raised to think blackface is blackface. it's okay in other countries and wasn't bad until the US did it

Now let me just show you how you sound
>You only think slavery is slavery because of how you were raised. it's okay in some parts of the world and wasn't bad until it was outlawed
Come on son.

>>87978788
>I still fail to see the problem
Of course you do. And sadly I don't think I can educate you.
>>
>>87978824
Jesus Christ anon, your ignorance is showing so hard but you literally refuse to admit it or even try to open your mind to it.

But keep thinking you're morally superior to other people's opinions. Because it's not like thinking your way of thinking and your own culture is superior and should override anyone else's has ever gone down a bad path before.
>>
>>87978824
>Of course you do. And sadly I don't think I can educate you.
So you're just going to ignore the rest of my post?
>>
>>87978824
a black person dressed as superman or thor would be racist?
>>
File: tar baby.jpg (28KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tar baby.jpg
28KB, 500x333px
>>87978824
Tell me, do you think this is racist?

Because if the answer is "yes", then you don't realize that a tar baby to the rest of the world typically means a "sticky situation" and was only changed into "a racist figure" after enough people complained about it. Because the tar baby was never once suppose to be a black person or represent a black person, it was legitimately just a fake doll made of tar that trapped anyone who interacted with it.

And if you still think it's racist after reading all that, then you are only further proving the point that you cannot see beyond your own way of thinking.

And guess what.

That's sad.
>>
>>87978824
>Series made in Japan about tiny monsters in your pocket
>One of them looks like this
>Americans complain
>Japan has to change it
>American SJW influence is so great it spills over into other countries

Fuck Americans. And fuck you.
>>
>>87978907
That's the American MARKET spilling over into other countries
No one wants to risk access and popularity in that little crowd
>>
File: Suushi_Nuribotoke.jpg (69KB, 520x456px) Image search: [Google]
Suushi_Nuribotoke.jpg
69KB, 520x456px
>>87978924
It's still Americans influencing a change to a character that has no racist intention at all because rather than educate Americans on some Japanese folklore, it's easier to just complain and demand it be changed to satisfy the consumers who are offended on someone else's behalf.

Offended on another race's behalf because a country's folklore interferes with someone else's historical context. The vast amount of "Trying to move forward but you ended up going backwards" is astounding.
>>
>>87978101
>someone has a different opinion than me, better be condescending while not addressing any points at all!

Nah, you need to grow up.
>>
>>87973496
>Germany
Of course.
>>
>>87978679
it's easier to make fun of white trash.
>>
>>87969947
>How would anyone get that he's MLK if he just wears a suit?

Draw a mustache on him.

Not that color makeup is wrong in his case, he's hardly putting on a minstrel show.
>>
>>87981139

It's *socially acceptable to make fun of white trash.
>>
oh, a moana merch thread!
>>
>>87961067
>>
File: maui tattoos.jpg (162KB, 518x840px) Image search: [Google]
maui tattoos.jpg
162KB, 518x840px
>>87968459
How come nobody complained about Disney selling temporary tattoos of Maui's 'sacred' tattoos?
>>
File: 1479350999723.jpg (89KB, 544x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479350999723.jpg
89KB, 544x800px
>>87981488

give it time.
>>
File: UJinAjB.jpg (67KB, 412x600px) Image search: [Google]
UJinAjB.jpg
67KB, 412x600px
Wear a black people approved shirt instead.
>>
Moana was a mistake.
The Aulani Resort was a mistake
Disney was a mistake

http://www.civilbeat.org/2016/10/disneys-commodification-of-hawaiians/

“Moana” features Polynesian-styled characters, including the demigod Maui, locked in a degrading perversion of Polynesian history and culture that is more a tool and reflection of American imperialism (economic, military and cultural influence) over indigenous Pacific peoples and lands than a testament of who we are as Oceanic voyagers with shared histories, religions, genealogies and cultures.

Disney is an American corporation that makes billions off the stealing and repackaging of other peoples traditions, histories, songs and religions, especially those peoples who have been colonized or taken over by the United States. It is a powerful arm of American imperialism-creating narratives that justify U.S. world dominance and occupation over indigenous peoples’ lands while molding public perceptions and self-images of the colonized.

In case you haven’t heard, Mickey is on vacation at Aulani Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina on the Hawaiian island of Oahu. According to the Aulani Resort website, it “is the place to stay for a Hawaii family vacation that immerses you in local culture through Disney magic” while less than four miles away is Nanakuli, one of the largest indigenous Hawaiian communities in the world.

Nanakuli has the lowest ranking school in the state of Hawaii, and 62 percent of its residents live below the poverty level. Since Aulani has taken root near this community, the land and property values have gone up 400 percent, pushing land taxes up and indigenous Hawaiians out.
>>
>>87981606

One of the main characters in “Moana” is Maui, who is mentioned many times in the cosmogonic genealogy of indigenous Hawaiians and who is a prominent religious figure and hero in other Polynesian cultures. His grandmother selflessly sacrificed her jawbone, which held mana or spiritual power, so that Maui could use it to make his “magical” fishhook to slow the sun and pull islands from the sea.

Disney’s Maui dehumanizes Hawaiians by taking what is sacred from our people and making it ridiculous. Maui, our benevolent ancestor, is now a Disney doll on sale for $19.95, and his plastic light-up fishhook is on sale for $24.95.

Disney took the commodification of Maui one step further by marketing his skin and hair in a gruesome body suit that allowed anyone to dress up and pretend to be a Hawaiian demigod. Thankfully, after a public outcry which criticized Disney for creating a 21st century Polynesian version of blackface — the stage makeup made popular in 19th century minstrel shows, but long relegated to the margins of society for its racist history — these Disney products were pulled from the shelves.

Hawaii is the home to 161 U.S. military installations and the U.S. Pacific Command, whose powerful arms stretch over 50 percent of the world (including the Pacific). Therefore, it comes as no surprise that Disney has a base here, as well — Aulani, helping to “other” and exotify Hawaiians to counter the powerful truth that Hawaiians, Kanaka Maoli, are the first peoples of these lands who traversed Oceania with no instruments, just faith in the wisdom of our ancestors.
>>
>>87981685
grow some spine, islanders.

it's just a movie for families.
>>
>>87981685
wtf? snow white is chinese now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_5k-Q-g8qk
>>
>>87981606
>>87981685
tl;dr
>>
>>87961717

White people. Literally nobody else cares but white people.
>>
>>87981139
>>87981222
White trash isn't a race, it's a class
You're not predetermined to become a Nascar watching, monster truck worshipping, Big Gulp guzzling hick just because you're a white person, that's a personal lifestyle choice and why it's ok to make fun of

That example could only be racist if all white people were portrayed as being this or something
>>
>>87981685

This shit makes me want to kill people. I can't fucking do it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UdhEk5kl5Q
>>
>>87981488
You think Samoans have nearly the might needed to take on Disney lawyers when they can barely handle australian shitposting lawyers?

Those tattoos also look less like actual samoan tattoos than stylized (in the art style of the movie itself) tattoos of the movie events but the examples i saw on google could just be a more popular style for all I know.
>>
>>87968206
Are you blind or just retarded?
>>
>>87981606
>>87981685
Quoth the raven
"No one gives a fuck, fuck off faggot".
>>
>>87978375
>hey yo hold up you sayin we wuz saints and sheet?
That's why.
>>
>>87978595
People are upset about the fact that the costume is wearing brown skin.

Im sure people would be offended if it was just tribal tattoos too, but I doubt as many.
>>
Dressing up like Thor is Norse cultural appropriation.
Our culture is not a costume.

Sincerely, Vikings 900 BC
>>
>>87973496
>yfw we always attribute these statues as idols for primitive religion, when in reality they could just be masturbation aids for stone age furries

wew
>>
File: 1463322765300.jpg (56KB, 654x902px) Image search: [Google]
1463322765300.jpg
56KB, 654x902px
>>87982000
Wait. Does that mean I can bitch at non-British Saber cosplayers?
>>
>>87978788
Probably because hf the servile nature.
Let me ask you this; how do you feel about black santa? Or black Jesus? Or black Valkyrie in the MCU?

Because I've seen those cause immense butthurt in my lifetime and I can't figure out why.
>>
>>
>>87978360
Stop trying to look at other countries cultures and traditions through the lens of your own culture you fucking retard
>>
>>87981788
In the same vein I think the reason this is catching heat is that Maui isn't just a guy, he's a religious figure.

Disney doesn't have the balls Dreamworks did to want to offend any religion. Not after the flack they caught for gay days.
>>
>>87973496
>>87982020
>You see that big lump on its crotch?
>That's my fursona's dick. HUGE.
>>
>>
File: bootleg overwatch costume packs.jpg (1MB, 2640x1800px) Image search: [Google]
bootleg overwatch costume packs.jpg
1MB, 2640x1800px
Lameness finds a way.
>>
>>
File: 1456162697894.png (77KB, 484x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456162697894.png
77KB, 484x768px
>>87961143
>>87961234
It's okay guys, I got it.
>>
>>
>>87982037
It means you can rightfully bitch/mock about just about everything in Saber's design which people have been doing since the beginning.
>>87982000
Thor still has worshippers today.
>>
File: insensitive.jpg (85KB, 1000x661px) Image search: [Google]
insensitive.jpg
85KB, 1000x661px
>>
>>
>>87961238
>>87961238
>>87961238
REMINDER IF YOU VOTED FOR HILLARY

YOURE ON THESE PEOPLES' TEAM
>>
>>87982179
I want to cum on that pig.
>>
File: IMG_3407.jpg (62KB, 736x509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3407.jpg
62KB, 736x509px
>>87961168
> "Redpill me 4chan"
> Expecting a well-structured arguments on society's direction
>>
>>87982242
> "Redpill me /co/"
> Expecting a well-structured arguments on society's direction
fixed
>>
>>87982186
That's as stupid as saying if you voted for Trump you're on the same team as klansmen and neo nazis.
>>
>>87982253
You assume that;s a problem for them.
Which is one of the mistakes the democrats made.
>>
>>87961238
So are these people so retarded they don't realize the whole point of the costume is for the tattoos? How else do you make a Maui costume for kids?

>YOU DON'T NO FUN ALLOWED BECAUSE MUH FEE FEES

Oh right, I nearly forgot.
>>
>>87982000
Polynesian language speaking people often still care about their ancestors traditions and traditional culture and religious practices. Northern European and Western European people often don't. That's why it's kind of a big deal to commodify stuff like this, but not with stuff like Thor because you're not actually hurting many people when you do it with Thor. Northern Europeans and people descended from their diasporas will not be significantly impacted by something like Thor seeming silly in a movie while Pacific Islanders will. Look up the concept of disparate impact.
>>
>>87982265
Yeah but it's a retarded idea.

I voted for Trump and I loathe stormfaggotry.
>>
>>87962442
guy fawkes, desu
>>
>>87982253
id rather be teamed up with two KKK members than a white-hating black man and a femnazi tranny
>>
>>87982288
Well, first, you could just mak temporary tatoos or a clear plastic or silkscreened costume with the tattoos printed on them.

But that'd probably still be considered offensive because the tattoos are a religious thing. It'd be like dressing up as a hasidic jew or something.
>>
>>87978625
>Racism is inherently harmful

Explain why.
>>
>>87961238
>My culture is not a costume.

I feel like these people are doing this simply because 99.9% of the time the majority of the planet and media doesn't even remember they exist, so the rare occasion that something that acknowledges their existence comes along they have to take the opportunity to be offended like everyone else gets to all the time!
>>
>>87961143
>>87961234

Yeah you're not getting any candy from me.
>>
>>87962442
Will Shatner is white. :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdidzp_SdKk
>>
File: britney spears.jpg (55KB, 316x317px) Image search: [Google]
britney spears.jpg
55KB, 316x317px
>>87981884
Chill the fuck out .
>>
File: Leaf_Kirby.png (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf_Kirby.png
1MB, 1920x1920px
>>87961067
Simple, have them run around with grass hats
>>
>>87970023
>doesn't even come with a combat axe or missile launcher

Not muh jeezus
>>
>>87982304
I'm guessing you're white, so I can understand that.

I'm not, and I voted for Trump, and I don't care that groups who would love to hang me from the nearest tree support him.
>>
>>87978625

Explain how the man in the picture is harming anyone.

Demonstrate that it's harmful. How is the harmfulness of it measured? Is it a subjective harm or an objective harm? Where does it fit on the scientific scale for harmfulness?
>>
>>87964004

people dress as jesus and nuns and shit every halloween though
>>
>>87982376
It's just seeing so much of this stupid shit over the past year and I'm just so fucking done. It's a fucking animated film. How can people be so dense?
>>
File: child-the-rock-muscle-costume.jpg (359KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
child-the-rock-muscle-costume.jpg
359KB, 1750x2500px
so what should I just get my kid this instead and tell them to put on a wig and a grass skirt over it?
>>
>>87978907
>>87979003
Well the blackface that Jynx is based off of is directly a result of American influence. Sure they may ignorant of the racism behind it, clearing them of any genuine fault but it's still rooted from a undeniably racist charicature. Once again, I can't blame them.
>>
>>
>>87982440
I thought Jynx was supposed to be ganguro.
>>
>>87981685
It's a fictional cartoon based on a fictional story. No one gives a shit.

I just wish companies would tell people like this to go fuck themselves. Instead every time the response is "OH WE'RE SOOO SORRY WE OFFENDED YOU! WE'LL PULL THE OFFENSIVE PRODUCT AND ISSUE A PUBLIC APOLOGY RIGHT AWAY AND MAKE SURE NO ONE CAN HAVE IT EVER AGAIN!"
>>
>>87961067

>Mom I wanna be the cool big guy from the movie! He's so strong and his tattoos are awesome!
>NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DRESS AS HIM BECAUSE IT'S RACIST FOR YOU TO ACT LIKE BROWN PEOPLE OR DO ANYTHING THEY DO! NEVER DO OR SAY ANYTHING FROM ANOTHER CULTURE AGAIN OR ELSE YOU'RE APPROPRIATING THEM YOU WHITE RACIST!!!!!!
>O-okay... I guess I'll just be a white wrestler then since I'm not allowed to be my favorite character... I didn't know it was wrong for me to like brown people...

I can't wait for all the racists to be destroyed by this masterful SJW tactical plan.
>>
>>87981361
>>87982068
10/10
would wear/ put on shelf
>>
>>87982418
And I'm sure that if you looked hard enough you could find a vocal minority bitching about that on the internet too. Probably about the "War on religion" or the secularization of their faith or something.

I grew up in a barely fundie house; I remeember constant complaints about how Santa Claus was distracting from "the reason for the season" so I don't doubt it'd be even worse if I were in the bible belt.

And that's the thing. You guys look at Disney capitulating or ten posts on twitter and go "ALL THE SJWS ARE RUINING SHIT" when they remain a vocal minority just like the god hates fags crowd. Go outside. Nobody gives a shit. This is just Disney trying to sell to the broadest base like always
>>
>>
File: toys.jpg (368KB, 1024x754px) Image search: [Google]
toys.jpg
368KB, 1024x754px
>>87981606
>>87981685
While I can understand where you're coming from with Aulani Resort, I don't feel like the Maui merch is inherently harmful. It may seem disrespectful (and I will agree it is to an extent), but the film itself is not to blame, it's the shitty merchandise based industries.

Is it any more harmful than when Disney made merch of Greek gods and Heroes, which many people have held in high regard throughout history? I understand it's different in the case of Maui because he was the hero of ALL humanity in the polynesian islands, but is it as harmful as the economic effects of the Aulani Resort?
>>
>>87982487
While there are certainly people like you mentioned, companies don't go out of their way to cater to those whiners.

Those OTHER whiners, on the other hand, they gotta bend over backwards to make sure their feelings aren't hurt too badly!
>>
Things like cultural appropriation and 'disrespectful display of sacred cultural yadda yadda' are victimless crimes that harm no one.
>>
>>87961067
>controversial
anyone who thinks thats controversial needs to be euthanized
>>
>make movie about Hawaiian or some shit princess and god to promote diversity
>white children like these characters and want to dress up like them
>WOAH WOAH WOAH THATS RACIST
Get your shit together liberals.
>>
File: s-l1600689.jpg (111KB, 1079x616px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600689.jpg
111KB, 1079x616px
>>
>>87982093
>iNinja
Kekd
>>
>>87961067
"Mom why can't I be Maui... I want to be like Maui!"
"Because you have a different skin color, Timmy. if you wear a costume with brown skin, it's like you're making fun of brown people."
"But I want to be like Maui, I'm not making fun of him!"
"Timmy... I know, but other people don't. And they're going to be offended."
"Why??"
"See... because... everyone is different like that, and you shouldn't wear someone else's skin color as a costume."
"But why mom? Why is skin color so important all of a sudden... everyone tells me we're all the same deep inside and all these surface things are not important! And I saw a brown kid wear a Superman costume, why can't I just be Maui?"
"Well because our skin color makes us privileged, see, we treated brown people really badly in the past"
"You and Dad?!"
"No, no... other people. Other white people."
"But we didn't."
"No, we didn't. But we still carry a burden from that, you see? We're privileged."
"What does privileged mean, mommy?"
"That we can do more things than brown people."
"But I can't be Maui."
"Right. Because you don't want to offend brown people."
"Well mom, all those Disney movies taught me that you shouldn't care what mean people say. So I don't care! I want to be Maui!"
"It doesn't work like this, Timmy... It's complicated. See, if people start saying you're racist-"
"But I'm not racist! I just wanna be Maui! It's the exact opposite!"
"They don't care about who you are and what you want! They'll get offended!"
"What if I don't care if brown get offended? Fuck 'em all! I wanna be Maui!"
"It's not just brown people! It's even white people who don't want to feel guilty. You understand Timmy? We get singled out if you dress like Maui! Do you want daddy to lose his job because of a stupid costume? Do you want that?"
"Whatever! Fuck all this! I'll get the ghost costume with a pointy hat"
>>
File: keksimus.png (309KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.png
309KB, 420x420px
>>87982562
>"What does privileged mean, mommy?"
>"That we can do more things than brown people."
>"But I can't be Maui."
>>
>>87982463
Well yeah, the ganguro trend was born out blackface as well. Americans introduced blackface, the Japanese ate it up, and it evolved and assimilated into their culture in its own way. It may have derived from something blatantly racist but they made it their own.

But there is the whole stereotype behind ganguros that they always carry themselves in a trashy and slutty manner, and people claim that they do so to liken themselves to actual black people but I'm really not well versed enough in the subject to cast an opinion.
>>
>>87982463
Jynx is a mix between ganguro style and a certain ice Yokai. She was originally part of a elemental punch trio with Electabuzz and Magmar.
>>
>>87982472
Yeah, I love that. If white people only make and like white characters, it's racist because they're not representing anyone else. If they make and like brown characters, it's racist because they're "appropriating" another group.

White people who create fictional media are damned if they do, damned if they don't. They cannot win.
>>
Hi everyone!
I have the exact same skin tone as Maui, and I would like to say there is nothin wron with that costume and people are bitching over nothing as usual
>>
File: 1399954617396.jpg (83KB, 651x489px) Image search: [Google]
1399954617396.jpg
83KB, 651x489px
I like how we go through this a few times a week like it isn't white people complaining about Speedy Gonzalez and getting offended on everyone's behalf.
>>
File: doakes.jpg (73KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
doakes.jpg
73KB, 900x900px
>children wearing a costume with dark colored skin is racist
>making the skin color of the costume lighter is considered white washing and racist
>>
>>87982602
We won't accept your oppression points unless you provide proof.

Post a pic of your arm.
>>
>>
>>87982594
Ganguro isn't blackface.
It's Jersey Shore and Trump
>>
>>87967939
Again, how are people supposed to dress up as Maui if the costume doesn't have his tattoos?
>>
>>87982602
>same skin tone as Maui
I'd go around in that costume just to fuck with people's heads

>>87982625
>Post a pic of your arm.
That's not enough. Post a pic of your mom
>>
>>87982614
Mexicans actually love speedy gonzalez. They think he represents the ideal Mexican who defends his fellow brothers, has good relationships with them, and is quick to the call to action.

The only really ""racist"" part of his character was his broken English, which wasn't present in the Spanish dub for obvious reasons, so they had no reason to hate him.
>>
>>87968318
>Maui's not just a fictional character, he's a cultural folk hero. Think a Polynesian Hercules

Is Hercules not a cultural folk hero?
>>
File: s-l1600555.jpg (231KB, 1447x1073px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600555.jpg
231KB, 1447x1073px
>>
>>87982598

They can win by not giving a fuck and raising their kids to not give a fuck.
>>
>>87982652
Like half the Mexican owned businesses in my area have a knock off Speedy as their mascot. He's very loved.
>>
File: 1470175702588.png (181KB, 477x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470175702588.png
181KB, 477x360px
>>87982439
>Still no tri-fusion between the Rock, Dwayne Johnson and Maui
>>
Liberals are the most racist people of all, but are passive aggressive about it. They want every non white western culture to be beneath them so they can act as the savior to said cultures. If they see brown people not caring that their culture is popular to outsiders, it makes them extremely upset and they'll do anything they can to convince those brown people that their culture being seen as cool and admirable is actually oppressive. They thrive off of tearing down minority groups through psychological intimidation and guilt tripping, because it maintains their position on top while also allowing them masturbatory satisfaction at how "moral" they are.
>>
>>87982652
>tfw Mexican and grew up in an overwhelmingly Mexican majority community
>Speedy Gonzalez was my dad and my favorite Looney Tunes character while I was growing up
>Literally had no clue and had never heard he was supposedly "racist" until I went to college where there were almost no Mexicans besides me

I don't understand.
>>
File: TrwuNH2.jpg (131KB, 638x993px) Image search: [Google]
TrwuNH2.jpg
131KB, 638x993px
>>87982696

if someone's gonna do that they better use pic related for Dwayne
>>
>>87982594
>ganguro was born out of blackface
WE
>>
File: 854615336_a4d54a1ea5.jpg (107KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
854615336_a4d54a1ea5.jpg
107KB, 346x500px
>>87982636
I'm definitely not an expert but I was always under the belief it was rooted in Japan's blackface trend. The tanned guido connection does make a lot of sense though, Ganguro did start in thr 90's, but sometimes gyarus go really fucking far with it.

This is also incredibly relevant.
https://youtu.be/1EKTw50Uf8M
>>
>>87982716
People LOVE getting offended for others.

Like I said, literally the only racist part about his character is his Exaggerated Mexican accent in the original English version of the cartoons. Which to be honest isn't that bad, just listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_--KO5V12Dk

But people think he's racist and as such the cartoons are no longer aired in the US.
>>
>>87982716
>>87982652

this is what always gets me about people crying over racism in something like this. it's just being offended on someone else's behalf when they don't care or actually like it.

I mean, I'm a fat fuck. I love things like Donut Drake in the Uncharted games because it's hilarious. When I heard it was removed from 4 because someone threw a fit and got all pissy I was offended because it means something I enjoyed was removed because apparently I'm not supposed to find fat people funny.
>>
>>87981606
>>87981685
If Disney didn't make this movie it would be an article about how they don't care about anyone but white people. You can't win with this shit.
>>
>>87982253
An analysis of the American National Election Survey circa January 2016 discovered an 81% chance of high racial resentment if you were a white male trump supporter. It's not a perfect bet but it's some pretty good odds.
Said survey was to see how likely white Sanders supporters were to have racial resentment 43%
>>
>>87961168
>hello fellow 90s kids
>>
>>87961168
>you can be thick skinned too
it's not even about being thick skinned since these issues are conjured out of thin air in the first place. there's an effort actually being made towards getting offended
>>
>>87982794
[citation needed]

I'm not a racist but I REALLY hate Islam as an ideology (my father was killed in Iraq), am I considered a racist for that? I don't dislike Middle Eastern peoples.
>>
>>87982472
They day people realize cultural appropriation is just a covert way to keep every race and culture from interacting with each other and foster resentment and prejudice between them, the sooner we can destroy the sjw influence one and for all.
>>
Doesn't this one kinda make sense in the way black face is racist? Isn't the brown skin part the issue not the actual grass skirt part? I could be wrong
>>
>>87982047
>Black santa

Saint Nicholas was Greek

>Black Jesus

Jesus was Hebrew

>Black Valkyrie

I dunno man.
Personally I could give less of a shit about any of those but that's blatant race changing from the actual historical figures.
>>
s-so is there porn of the big brown guy yet?
>>
>>87982916
Fucking google it retard.
>>
>>87982747
Because of the straightened bleach blonde hair...I always figured ganguro or w/e was their cartoonish attempt to be like the American blonde bimbo stereotype.....usually orange from tanning salons, bleached out hair
>>
>>87981292
chink shit alright
>>
>>87982824
Objectively: racism is about mistreating a person based on skin color or ethnicity alone. It's bad because it's shallow judgement. You could say the same on sexual orientation since it doesn't matter unless you're considering sex with that person.

It's not unethical to dislike a religion provided you are informed enough to make a statement. It's not unethical to dislike a culture provided you are informed enough to make a statement. It's not unethical to dislike someone's behavior provided you are informed enough to make a statement. It's not unethical to dislike someone's political orientation provided you are informed enough to make a statement.
>>
>>87961307
Really underrated post.
>>
>>87961168
Not totally out of control, but the reason PC/SJW attitudes are very counter productive to their own goal. Like the hardcore religious fundamentalists who seek to hurt and/or kill in the name of their peaceful lord. The general populous is beginning to see that.

In this case, it was a matter of allegedly being insensitive. But this isn't blackface. Nothing about this outfit is meant to mock. It's a positive children's movie and a fun loving, heroic character. And if kids want to dress as this character, it means they like him. And maybe, just maybe, will learn something about him and his culture. To pull the costume actually helps kill the diversity that's oh so important. It's like saying only native girls can be Pocahontas or only white girls can be Belle.

The entire idea of cultural appropriation is moronic. It used to be called "sharing one's culture." Obviously you don't want somebody wearing a sombrero and a marker mustache pretending to be lazy and munching tacos in a mocking manner, but that goes back to the idea of the content of one's character, not what they wear or what color their skin is. This isn't mockery, this is celebration.

It's not hurting anybody, and it's that wide assumption that it is that causes a lot of these people to be blinded by their own sense of duty. Context is important. That's the fundamental principal of fighting racism, knowing the context and being smart enough to do so.
>>
>>87982747
Ganguro is a Japanese counterculture about standing out and getting seen. The dark skin is for the sake of rebelling against the norm.
>>
File: racial resentment voters.png (67KB, 619x373px) Image search: [Google]
racial resentment voters.png
67KB, 619x373px
>>87982824

It was based on stuff like answers about affirmative action, police treatment of minorities and etc.

To carry on with your example:
Consider that the FBI determined that white christian males are the greatest terrorist threat to the US. Now with that in mind would you consider a task force created to be on the lookout for terrorism within the US borders to be doing it's job properly if it almost exclusively tracks, harrasses, and possibly kills/murders middle eastern peoples while looking for terrorism and having their superiors purposefully ignore white terrorist organizations growing and carrying out attacks within US borders to be them doing their job properly?
If yes then you would qualify as having racial bias.
>>
>>87982987
Right, that's the point I'm making. I'm justified in hating an ideology because that has actual behaviors and customs behind it.

What I'm saying is, would I be considered a racist according to that study?
>>
>>87983023
>The entire idea of cultural appropriation is moronic. It used to be called "sharing one's culture."

I don't understand it. These kinds of people that complain about shit like that, they generally live in America. And America is known as a melting pot.
>>
>OMG they put their white kid in a black guy costume
>they should have hired a black kid
>>
>>87983049
>Consider that the FBI determined that white christian males are the greatest terrorist threat to the US.

What was their criteria and how did they come to that conclusion?
>>
>>87983031
Ganguro is Asian women rebelling against the white skin/black hair pure ideal of their society. Westerners wouldn't understand or relate to this at all and calling it "blackface" is retarded. Once again Americans thinking the world 100% revolves around them.
>>
>>87983049
I don't think we should target middle eastern peoples (or even muslim people for that matter), but if we know a person aligns themselves with a terrorist organization or people related to the terrorist organization, they should be monitored regardless of race or ideology.

In the case of affirmative action, I think it's fucking bullshit and simply a racist policy that should be abolished. Do I have racial resentment then?
>>
>>87983053
Does it matter? People will still call you a racist, antisemite or an islamophobe for your opinions. This is why this PC culture is shit. It trumps objectivity.
>>
>>87983091
Jynx is more based on a Yama-uba anyway.
>>
>>87983056
America is more of a salad than a melting pot.
>>
>>87982047
Santa was a turk.
Jesus was most likely some shade of brown and if you look at his actual pedigrees he was descended from an Ethiopian queen (Sheba) (plus a few others i don't have memorized) and i recall actual descriptions of Jesus being quoted that can be interpreted as him being black so those people showing off black jesus did actual research behind their presentation which is more than there is behind the image of white jesus which is merely what the greeks thought an ideal philosopher looked like.
>>
>>87983131
CARLOS!
>>
>>87982899
Are greeks and hebrews white?
[I mean they are to me but white people seem to be trying to make themselves as exclusive as possible. Like you're only white if you were born in "east germany between these years"
>>
>>87983165
Santa was born in Asia Minor, but his parents were Greek.

Jesus was certainly not white, but he most likely wasn't black either. His skin tone would most likely be a tannish color.

He could be of African descent, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't show at that point.
>>
>>87982824
>I'm not a racist but
You should try to avoid using that string of words, it never sounds good.

Sorry for your loss. I've grown to deeply hate islam too. However, when it comes to Iraq, I think the West holds responsibility too. It was a huge mistake to go mess around there and get US/UK/other soldiers killed, only to destabilize the whole region and cause even more bloodshed. I blame both islam and Western politicians for the shit we've seen taking place.
>>
>>87982598
It's also funny cause most out cries are also white. Meanwhile as an actual Samoan and being friends with many other people who are minorities, we say go make sme cool shit. I'm OK with people trying to tell stories with my culture so long as when they take directly from creation stories or what not it's not a white guy whose the savior, chosen one, god when involving another cultures story. So long as that doesn't happen than its all good.
>>
>>87981788
Yeah, you kind of are if you're born into it.
>Why don't all black people just leave the ghetto?
That's basically what you just said. You can't force your parents to quit smoking cigarettes in the house, you can't stop your brother from selling meth, and you can't fix your poor as fuck school system. Sound familiar? That's what it's like being poor as fuck and white. Awfully similar to what it's like to be poor and black, huh? Or poor and any other race?

Not to mention all the people constantly making fun of Jesus everywhere you go. You don't need to look hard to find many examples of that. But hey, it doesn't matter if you make fun of Jesus, since that's a popular white people religion so it's free to make fun of.

This shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>87961067
What the hell is the problem with it?
>>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5839f343e4b0a79f7433b6e5?timestamp=1480199777827

By excluding the goddess Hina, Disney created a simplistic and asymmetrical story. Which is why the Disney story falls flat. Disney rendered Māui as comical, selfish, and misogynistic to highlight Moanaʼs strength and significance. Moreover, it portrayed Māui a self-absorbed god. The song “You’re Welcome” is Māui boasting about his greatest achievements without the slightest acknowledgement of Hina’s powerful role. All of these problems stem from the erasure of the mighty goddess Hina from the story.

It is a pernicious problem of destructive disconnection that is ever plaguing the colonial extractive industries in their mining of oil, precious metals and rocks, phosphates, cultural stories and symbols, and seabed minerals.
>>
>>87982824
>my father was killed an Iraq

Then be angry at the decades of completely fucking monstrous and retarded American foreign policy that has destabilized that region beyond all hope and continues to churn out more pointless, horrendous death. We had absolutely no reason to be in Iraq, I can't believe you'd blame enemy combatants before you'd blame fucking Bush.
>>
>>87982824
>I'm not a racist but I REALLY hate Islam as an ideology

My grandparents are Christians who immigrated from Iran before my mom was born. They hate Islam with a burning passion.

I'd love to hear SJWs rationalize how they're supposedly racist.
>>
>>87983204
The term "white" is really only present in America and certain European countries.

I'm what one would describe as "white", and I'm not attempting to exclude certain groups from "white" status, but early Hebrew and Greek populations were so far back in time and ethnically different it would be quite simplistic to dump them in with those of modern European descent. I wouldn't say they weren't "white", but they wouldn't look like the way Jesus and Santa are usually depicted.
>>87983211
I can get why saying "i'm not racist but" usually leads to nothing good, but in that context I was just trying to ask if me hating islam would make me a racist in the lens of the study cited.

Also as far as Iraq goes, my father was actively attempting to actually learn about the culture and befriend local Sheikhs in an attempt to not make a bunch of unnecessary enemies.

>>87983266
Oh don't get me wrong I'm still fucking mad about the bullshit politics that made it even worse, but I'm just admitting that that event has (slightly unreasonably) given me a hatred that I harbor and don't wish to attempt to suppress and would rather acknowledge I have.

I'm not saying that I'm justified, just saying the event gave me this bias.

Like I said above, my dad was actively attempting to make friends in the region and train Iraqi investigators to try to add more stability to the region.
>>
>>87983309
>I'd love to hear SJWs rationalize how they're supposedly racist.
"They internalized islamophobia"
>>
>>87983266
Hey Ollie North took the fall you better remember to blame him!
>>
>>87983096
If minorities of equal qualifications and experience at a job had an equal chance at the same job then it would be bullshit. When the of the two people one needs 6~ years of experience while the other is a convict is required to give them an equal chance at the job there is clearly some bullshit going on. That is why affirmative action was made in the first place.

>>87983088
You can probably go look it up since reaction to that report spread quite a bit and I presume it has something to do with all those abortion bombings, planes being rammed into government buildings and so forth.

>>87983204
Greeks are slight tan and (supposedly) if you got a little further south a bunch of of the vases on the islands suddenly have way darker skin tones.

>>87983205
I wasn't trying to say a definitive argument either way although i do think he was some shade of brown simply because he could blend in a crowd. I was just pointing out that Black Jesus not only does have actual reasoning behind the theory but more than the popular image today which was picking a caricature of smart dudes out of a hat.
>>
>>87983315
You're not in the wrong as long as you keep yourself informed. To be fair, all religion is shit and creates horrible myopic cultures. I don't care about the fedora-tipping, it's true.
>>
>>87978615
Where the American progressive is caught, he should be killed, raped or castrated
>>
>>87983309
Wanting to escape iron fist theocracy that wants women subjugated and your kind treated as a second class citizen or dead?

That's soooooo racist.
>>
>>87983348
>When the of the two people one needs 6~ years of experience while the other is a convict is required to give them an equal chance at the job there is clearly some bullshit going on. That is why affirmative action was made in the first place.

>Implying this ever happened ever

Affirmative action was made to narrow a gap people felt they made by having minority populations usually be disadvantaged financially by being born into poverty. Not to balance racial bias, we have equal hire acts.
>>
>>87983096
(we're getting really off topic)
The logic behind affirmative action is not necessarily to use it as a means to counter racial bias but to counter nepotism.

Like for example if you're not a part of a certan CalArts clique you'd have a harder time breaking into the animation industry, or if you don't give Bendis a blowjob you're never getting to work for Marvel? AA is an admittedly flawed way of trying to rectify that lack of equal opportunity.

Because the sad truth is that a meritocracy stopped being a thing when "This guy is my buddy" is considered a merit.
>>
>>87983381
I really hope mods don't nuke this thread, I'm glad to have actual political discussion that isn't /po/tier.

I think religion has its uses in certain contexts, but a lot of it simply creates division among people.

One of the only religions I actually don't have qualms with is Sikhism.
>>
>>87979003
>we wuz yokai and shiet
>>
>>87983381
Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism are pretty chill religions desu. But the chill religions rarely take off in popularity.
>>
>>87983245
>Disney rendered Māui as comical, selfish, and misogynistic
>misogynistic

.........HOW?
>>
>>87983454
That knife thing sikhs have is pretty badass but I can see how it'd make some people uncomfortable
>>
>>87983477
>Buddhism

Usually pretty chill, some terrorist attacks in its name.

>Sikhism and Jainism

BASED

>>87983518
The kirpan? It's there to defend the innocent, so while I kinda get why it could make people nervous, it's for perfectly admirable goals why they carry them.

The turban also gets people, who think beard + turban = Muslim.
>>
>>87961234
Picture of his self, on his self!
>>
>>87983454
I thought of religion as useful in a social context but I feel like it's more of a band-aid and it only works in smallish communities.

>>87983477
My qualms with religion is that even if it has good underlying morals it thrives on bad principles (gullibility, indoctrination), and it cannot get big without a powerful institution. Buddhism has a million different sects, but it got pretty rotten where it got big. There are many "pretty" religions just like there are many pretty fairytales... doesn't make them a good base for human upbringing.
>>
>>87983591
One of the most offensive things about religion in my opinion is the implication that you cannot be moral without having a god(or gods) punish you for doing bad shit.

I guess there are people like that though.
>>
>>87983245
These people will never be happy, they just want to poke holes in everything. Nothing will ever be good enough, because they don't WANT anything to actually meet their standards, because then they'd have nothing to complain about.
>>
>>87983625
>the implication that you cannot be moral without having a god(or gods) punish you for doing bad shit
And it's a self-fulfilling prophecy too. It creates people whose ethics are functional to their religion instead of something innate.

>>87983548
>Usually pretty chill, some terrorist attacks in its name.
And that's for a religion whose main dictat is to never harm other living things. People WILL find justifications to do what they want to do, and vague religious texts/teachings are perfect for that.
>>
>>87983591
>>87983625
One of the reasons I like religions like Shinto that has no special teachings or morals.
>>
>>87983381
The fault isn't in religion, it's that people will use religions as a tool to justify bullshit. But religion isn't the only thing people will warp for those purposes. A shitload of what's wrong with today's politics is because people treat their political views with a fanatically-religious level of importance. Think about all the screaming people posting their selfie freakouts over the results of the election. They were carrying on as though the validity of their entire worldview was under attack.
>>
>>87983723
I'm inclined to agree with both of those points.
>>87983732
Redpill me on Shinto.
>>
>>87983396
That's actually really interesting since it's impossible to know that from the way people react to affirmative action infringing on their rights to get a job they'd not have in the first place if everyone really had an equal shot because of muh racism against whites.
>>
>>87983049
>It was based on stuff like answers about affirmative action, police treatment of minorities and etc.
You can say affirmative action is racist and police stories are over-reported without resenting non-whites. That type of logic is non.
>>
>>87983740
Yeah religion is a byproduct of ignorance, it's not the root

>>87983732
>One of the reasons I like religions like Shinto that has no special teachings or morals.
>>87983762
Well the thing with Shinto is that it institutionalized alongside Buddhism and remained mostly as some sort of folk practice rather than a coded set of beliefs. It was deeply rooted in agricultural life, but it did have its social norms (like 'cleanliness', which created a whole caste of 'untouchables' who had to dispose of the dead and do other 'unclean' business). The high-profile aspects of it (like the Emperor's status as a demi-god) stayed the same but the common practice got incorporated in Buddhism (Buddhism is really really good at doing that).
>>
>>87982987
So I'm allowed to dislike Hawaiian culture because they had a tradition of assigning young girls to old men and young boys to old women to "teach them about sex" by having a lot of sex with them? Because that shit was fucked.
>>
>>87983947
Sounds reasonable to me if they still endorse it
>>
>>87983348
>You can probably go look it up since reaction to that report spread quite a bit and I presume it has something to do with all those abortion bombings, planes being rammed into government buildings and so forth.

So you're citing it without even understanding why they came to that conclusion?

>Abortion bombings

Only 11 people have been killed in abortion bombings in the past 23 years. The FBI considers that the top threat?

Is the amount of white male terrorism unusual considering the white male population in the United States? Is it considered more unusual than the amount of violence considered by groups which comprise a much smaller part of the population?
>>
>>87983978
I'm citing it white not having an encyclopedic knowledge of each and every single terrorist act white males have done or attempted to do in the US and being slightly sarcastic at you for wondering what terrorist attack white people could possibly have ever done via using examples like suicide bombing that some retarded people have actually claimed totally aren't terrorism when white people do it even though it fits the textbook definition of standard terrorist techniques when nonwhites do it.

it seems plotting to kill a bunch of people with radiation counts too.
http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/12/right-wing-extremists-militants-bigger-threat-america-isis-jihadists-422743.html
>>
>>87983762
Shinto is mostly old stories, used to explain how things worked before we had a better way to explain it, like why does it rain? Where did the land we walk on come from. There aren't really any special way to behave according to Shinto, since it doesn't really have a concept of an afterlife. The gods are also pretty different from your typical deity since anything can have a god inside it, the larger and more important gods are just bigger objects of interest, like the sun and the moon. This means that humans, animals, plants, rocks, and the gods are all part of the same bond. Also there haven't really been any fighting over which good was the right one, since everything can be a god. People just worshiped a different god than you did since it was tied to their land, and not yours, so that was okay.
Biggest problems it had was like >>87983938 said, the idea of a god-king which was the first emperor, and later his descendants. The cleanliness thing is more about getting rid of things the right way, since the spirit of said thing could become angry and seek revenge. Kill a person, or treat their corpse badly, they will haunt you as a malicious spirit. Leave an object or area in bad condition, or let it be dirtied for no reason, and the objects or lands spirit will seek vengeance.
>>
>>87983966
I'm just thinking about historical context, is all. Island cultures have a history of not advancing very far. There are many reasons for that. Challenging things like periods of feast and famine, tropical diseases, story telling based culture (not written word), etc. If western cultures had simply left them alone, they still would not have basic things like hospitals and basic education.

Would it have been better if they were left alone? I don't think so. I wonder what an SJW would have to say?
>>
>>87984157
>it seems plotting to kill a bunch of people with radiation counts too.

Okay? A failed terrorist attack. Yeah, that was an attempted act of terrorism.

Your point is what now? I'm asking you for the reasoning and the criteria used to determine that 'white Christian males are the biggest terrorist threat in the US'.

Any numbers on frequency of terrorist attacks vs. population density? Anything like that to justify the statement rather than just giving an example of a terrorist attack that didn't work? If you want the statement to be taken seriously then it has to be backed up by objective numbers and statistics of verified terrorist attacks compared with population.

Not asking for encyclopedic knowledge. Just for some passable citations and hard numbers. It's a good idea not to cite things like 'The FBI said this' if you don't understand them.
>>
>>87983740
It depends on the religion. Christianity at the end of the day can be changed and shifted to be less batshit insane. In Islam, the koran is an unchangable book which you are supposed to follow to the law. its why isis is gain so many supportors. That part about honor killings, stoning gay people and inslaving nonbelievers is following Mohammads ideals. Granted the fucker made a religion based on forced conversion and slavery based on the fact that he was a warlord. It doesn't change the fact that islam is probably one ofnthe most intolarant religions out there.
>>
>>87984273

Being a good person in Christianity is as easy as imitating Jesus.

The bad thing about Islam is that if you imitate Mohammad you'll be a wealthy violent polygamist warmonger who married a child rather than a poor, nonviolent bachelor who liked a good wine.
>>
>>87984273
You're just looking at the fundies, Fundies are ALWAYS bugshit crazy.
I don't get why we can accept like WBC isn't the entirety of like Christianity but we can't realize this.
>>
>>87984332

Well, the WBC is a group of only about 30 people.

In opposition to this, the 'fundies' in Islam are the majority of the people involved with it.
>>
>>87984323

>Being a good person in Christianity is as easy as imitating Jesus.

Jesus, or Nice Jesus?
>>
File: Jesus vs. Jeezus.jpg (365KB, 1000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus vs. Jeezus.jpg
365KB, 1000x1409px
>>87984323
Jesus, or Jeezus?
>>
>>87984359
[citation needed]. On both points.
>>
>>87984323
So literally impossible. Which is the point.
>>
>>87984360

The one who was generally nonviolent but still whipped the shit outta people exchanging money in the temple and could be loving without abandoning the condemnation of what he saw as wicked actions.

Not Mr. Rogers.

But also not the kinda guy who'd throw gays off of buildings
>>
>>87984359

All 1.6 billion muslims?
>>
>>87984392

Not that guy, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

Looks like he was off by 10.

As for the other point, I guess it depends on what is meant by "fundamentalist" in relation to Islam specifically.
>>
>>87961307
Kek
>>
>>87984373

>friend starts seeing a very Christian dude
>they're still just starting to date
>I'm not allowed to make jokes about radical black socialist Jesus

Stupid post great awakening American Christianity
>>
>>87984392
http://www.vocativ.com/usa/us-politics/westboro-baptist-church/ - The Church currently has about 45 members. A little more than 30.

As for the second requested citation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/02/what-the-muslim-world-believes-on-everything-from-alcohol-to-honor-killings-in-8-maps-and-4-charts/
>>
>>87984332
No its an issue with all muslims but westernized ones. They have a completely different midset and culture. Its been a while since i read the article but two years ago fucking 70% of eyptian muslim women said that a women deserved to be raped. That counrty is comparitively moderate and it still holds view like that. Its ridiculous.
>>
>>87984412
>But also not the kinda guy who'd throw gays off of buildings
Is that literally the first time you saw a religious person do something shitty and it traumatized you forever or something? Jesus christ, man, we get it. A guy got thrown off the roof. And the KKK hung pregnant black chicks and carved the babies out of their bodies. Get used to it.
>>
>>87984419

I said 'majority' not 'totality', you half-baked croissant.
>>
>>87978623
That kid's Johnny Cage cosplay on point
>>
>>87984455

>Jesus
>Socialist

You say that as if tax-collectors weren't considered giant assholes in the Bible.

>"Give the government more power so they can take money from you by force and redistribute it." - Jeezy
>>
>>87984482
>And the KKK hung pregnant black chicks and carved the babies out of their bodies

Decades ago.

>Muslims kills queers

Yesterday.
>>
>>87984482
>Get used to it.
>we get it, you saw a religious person crash a plane into buildings and ISIS shoot up an embassy get used to it
This is how retarded you sound. You're legitimately so naive that you think terrorism isn't terrorism when whites do it. pathetic.
>>
>>87984273
The problem isn't the Quran, which can be interpreted a million different ways just like the Bible. The problem is the hadith, which are NOT a part of the Quran and should be disregarded by any sensible Muslim anyway. The Quran is very clear that people should not put the worldly on the same level as the holy. The hadith are the collected words and deeds of the prophet, a man. Mohammed is not on the level of Jesus or God in Christianity . He is just a man who received revelation and is not considered infallible or perfect by those with actual knowledge of Islam. If Muslims were smart, the educated ones would begin a campaign against the hadith (literally a hundreds year long game of telephone) and point the finger at salafists and wahabist for terrorism, as they are the ones responsible for all the crazy cult behavior that is often put on Muslims at large. It would also help of the USA stopped supporting Saudia Arabia. As they continuously provide support, arms, and shelter the those groups. Seriously, the US is responsible for a lot of this shit. Imagine if a rich Muslim nation provided arms and money to Christian terrorists/militants in Europe. That's what the US has done.
>>
>>87984471
considering syrian immagrants are causing a shitload of problems in europe now. I don't think its safe to trust them on that last statement.
>>
>>87984543
>Decades ago.
That's within a lifetime.

>>87984556
>You're legitimately so naive that you think terrorism isn't terrorism when whites do it
Who said anything about whites.

Frankly you're the one who is naive. "Oh my god I saw a gay got thrown off the roof, this represents all Muslims ever becaues the guy who did it was Muslim! ;_;". That's the kind of thing I would expect from a sheltered 12 year old, not an adult who understands that horrible shit happens.
>>
File: KKK.png (159KB, 688x2280px) Image search: [Google]
KKK.png
159KB, 688x2280px
>>87984482

I don't really think the KKK are much of a threat these days. Or anywhere near as influential as the media seems to think they are.
>>
>>87984611
The point is that it's wrong you twit, no matter who's committing it. saying "get used to it" is like saying crime should be legal because "it's going to happen anyway". you're the worst kind of cynic. a stupid one.
>>
>>87982405
That's his fucking point you moron, it isn't harmful and thus not racist. It may be stereotypical or uncouth but it is not racist.
>>
>>87984611
the issue isnt that horrible shit happens its that this is systematic in islamic countries.
>>
>>87984611
>That's within a lifetime.

...Okay?

Doesn't change the fact that the KKK is basically impotent and isn't an actual threat nowadays whereas Muslim countries are fucking hotbeds of human rights violations.
>>
File: 1475904208733.jpg (126KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1475904208733.jpg
126KB, 850x1280px
>>87984273
>I don't know a god damn thing about the Quran: the post
>I don't know there are entire official Islamic committees whose job is to interpret and reinterpret the Quran

Don't talk about books you never read you pathetic propagandist.

There literally is not anything about "stoning" gays, or killing gays, or carrying out a punishment on gays in the Quran.
>>
>>87984647

>No matter who's committing it

So we should ignore the fact that certain groups of people commit those crimes much more frequently than other groups?
>>
>>87984642
I dunno man I have more reason to be afraid of the klan than a random muslim dude.
>>
>Talk about my father dying in Iraq
>Inadvertently start a religion argument

I love you all.
>>
>>87984696

The statistics say otherwise. If you opinion on something contradicts the facts then your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>87984678
Clearly there isnt this is why governments based in middle eastern countries don't annually excute gay people or force gender reassignment surgery. Oh wait they totally do.

Next you'll tell me that honor killings don't still happen. Just fuck right off.
>>
>>87984718
Your statistics maybe.
>>
>>87984666

Maybe because the Middle East has been a political clusterfuck since world war 1?
>>
>>87984696
Unless you're a black guy who somehow have infiltrated the KKK, I'm going to call bullshit on that.
>>
>>87984706
/co/ - Comics and Cartoons
>>
>>87984492

From an image in this thread Isis isn't even half a million strong
>>
>>87984748
>Unless you're a black guy who somehow have infiltrated the KKK
There are loads of black members. I know one. You're not wrong, though.
>>
>>87984523
To be fair, taxes weren't exactly going towards infrastructure development and agricultural subsidies much as national defense and "administration".
>>
>>87984767
>The racist groups can even avoid forced diversity quotas
What is the world coming to?!
>>
>>87984691
Who's committing the crime doesn't make it more or less severe you fucking tard. Just because white men commit the most rape in america doesn't make white american men the "rapist race" which means we should keep a close eye on them. This is just you being a moron who can't think two paces outside of himself and thus can't get past race/religion.
>>
>>87984818
can't*
>>
>>87984264
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/us/tally-of-attacks-in-us-challenges-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/terror-threat-homeland-security/
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/opinion/the-other-terror-threat.html
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/the-terrorist-threat-confronting-the-united-states
>>
>>87984801

>"It's okay for the government to forcibly take money from people as long as it's being used for infrastructure development and agricultural subsidies." - J-Weezy Christo

Do taxes no longer go for national defense and administration?

Also, do you trust the government? Why or why not?

Do you think Jesus would rather that the government take your money? Or do you think Jesus would rather you gave your money directly to the people who needed it rather than having the government take it and do what they like with it?
>>
>>87984872

>nytimes
>>
>>87984836
>Just because white men commit the most rape in america doesn't make white american men the "rapist race"

Per capita? Or overall population? I mean, white people are the majority so it wouldn't be surprising if most rapists were white. That is, IF all crimes were committed in equal frequency amongst all demographics. Which they aren't.

It's ignorant to ignore trends of crimes amongst specific demographics.

Let's say you were gay. Openly gay. You're trying to decide on a place to vacation at this year. Which do you choose? The place with a majority Muslim population? Or the place in which Muslims are an extreme minority?

You gonna move into the predominately Muslim neighborhood? Or the predominately latino-Catholic neighborhood? Which one is statistically safer for you?
>>
>>87984642
http://www.snopes.com/fbi-warned-about-white-supremacists/
>>
>>87984882

Isn't there something about rendering to Caeser some stuff and keeping some stuff?
>>
>>87984882
>Do you think Jesus would rather that the government take your money? Or do you think Jesus would rather you gave your money directly to the people who needed it rather than having the government take it and do what they like with it?
Most of the Christians I know are against taxes going to social programs not because they don't want to give up their own money but because they feel it's wrong to force others to do so.

>>87984951
There are so many problems caused because people are arguing "this group does all this bad stuff" and the opposition isn't looking to change why the group does those things (poverty, education, etc.) but rather to silence those who think something should be done. That's ironic.
>>
File: image-57.jpg (66KB, 800x471px) Image search: [Google]
image-57.jpg
66KB, 800x471px
>>87984979
Snopes is run by two people with no background in investigation. They just use google.

And they're notoriously bias.
>>
>>87961556
Holy shit fuck you costume police, let kids have fun.
Christ you're an unbelievable faggot.
>>
>>87984983
Basically Caeser gets Caeser's stuff and God gets God's stuff. The point is that everything is God's.
>>
>>87984979
>snopes

boy get those biased sources away.
>>
>>87984983

>>87984373 >Render unto Cæsar what is Cæsar's, and render unto god what is god's.
It's about keep politics and religion separately, and not about money.
>>
File: sweating hal.png (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweating hal.png
80KB, 300x300px
>>87961067
>kids running around in grass skirts
Don't get my hopes up, anon.
>>
>>87984979
>Written by Bethania Palma Markus

OY VEY
>>
>>87985027
Wasn't it in response to taxes tho?
>>
File: islam stats.jpg (41KB, 569x579px) Image search: [Google]
islam stats.jpg
41KB, 569x579px
>>87984766
He's not talking about Isis though. He's talking about people who demand women to wear a veil so that they won't seduce men into rape; people who want death penalty for ex-muslims; people who'd prefer to have sharia law rather than secular laws. Those kinds of things count as religious fundamentalism, in my opinion.
>>
>>87984983

>"Render under Caesar what is Caesar's."
>"That means you should let the government take your shit and redistribute it under the threat of violence. Has nothing to do with keeping money-oriented businesses out of the Church." - Gee Whiz

Really, just raises the question of 'What is Caesar's?' Fuck Caesar. Owe him nothing.

>>87984994

>Most of the Christians I know are against taxes going to social programs not because they don't want to give up their own money but because they feel it's wrong to force others to do so.

...Okay? Sounds like most Christians you know are pro-charity and anti-taxation. Like Jesus.
>>
>>87985037
Is that a traditionally Jewish name?
>>
>>87985042

No. It had nothing to do with taxes. It was in response to people exchanging currencies in the temple.
>>
>>87985027
>It's about keep politics and religion separately, and not about money.
Yeah and America totally does that.
>>
>>87985059
No, but no one but a Jew has a reason to write an article about that subject.
>>
>>87984994
>and the opposition isn't looking to change why the group does those things (poverty, education, etc.)

Black people commit more rapes because of poor education and poverty?
>>
>>87985073
Ah ok.
>>
>>87985003

Lol snopes is wrong meme and a wrong Clinton smear to boot! (Everyone is entitled to a lawyer, that's what public defenders are for)
>>
>>87985095
>Everyone is entitled to a lawyer

No they are not. They certainly aren't morally, even if they are legally.

That's what's wrong with this country.
>>
>>87985077

What does that have to do with anything? You're changing the subject.

Point is that the Bible does not paint a picture of Jesus as being pro-taxes. Therefore he wasn't socialist. Therefore Christianity is at odds with socialism.
>>
>>87984979

This is a laugh and a half. As if it's the KKK doing the infiltration, and not government agencies infiltrating the KKK.

Seriously, I keep seeing these guys trotted out every election cycle as a big bad boogeyman, but they seem completely neutered compared to their heyday.
>>
>>87985095

Point is that it called the accusation 'mostly false'.

That was mostly false? Really? How is it 'mostly false' when almost everything about it is true even according to Snopes?

It's perfectly justified to reject a citation because the source is unreliable.
>>
>>87985089
Yes. That's the reason black people commit more crimes in general, really. But all those on the one side keep saying they commit crimes without looking at the reason, and the other side is mis-attributing the reason as "oppression" by those saying they commit more crimes.
>>87985125
Socialism is at odds with Christianity, not the other way around. The entire point of that was that they were trying to trick him into saying something bad and he said something even more wise (the gold is Caeser's, but the gold and everything else is God's in the end).
>>
>>87985125
He isn't anti-taxes either. That's exactly what the story was about. Jesus said to them that they only had the money because of caesar in the first place, so in giving the state money, they where just giving caesar what was his anyway.
>>
>>87985122
>That's what's wrong with this country.
No, it's the last thing we have ensuring we don't lock people up for accusations.. The reason it's there is because we don't know who did or did not commit a crime until AFTER the trial; it's impossible to know who does or doesn't deserve one. Someone who commits a crime deserves a sentence, not an instant sentence with no due process.
>>
>>87985146

It's mostly false because people spread the story like she wanted to and eagerly defend this dude when she actually was assigned a job she didn't really want but did it bc every one deserves a lawyer.

I guess I can't really argue about vagueness in the headline but you should be reading the full post/article anyway
>>
>>87985170
>Yes. That's the reason black people commit more crimes in general, really.

What is it about poor education that causes black people to rape more frequently? What core part of the education system are they missing out on?

You need a class to be taught on how to not rape? So raping is just the natural human state pre-education? When were you taught in school that rape was bad?
>>
>>87985125
Read the one after that. About a camel passing through the eye of a needle.
>>
>>87985127
>Seriously, I keep seeing these guys trotted out every election cycle as a big bad boogeyman, but they seem completely neutered compared to their heyday.

The KKK is a joke today. They are the laughing stock of the hate group community. They have absolutely zero influence over anything anymore, and haven't in well over 40 years, and their numbers are so inconsequentially low even if they wanted to do half the shit the Klan did in it's heyday they couldn't. Their member count is only a few thousand, and their activity is restricted to the remote locales they inhabit.
>>
>>87985176
>He isn't anti-taxes either

I'd argue that he was. Taxation is the taking of money by force. How is that not theft? Is theft not a sin?

>Jesus said to them that they only had the money because of caesar in the first place, so in giving the state money, they where just giving caesar what was his anyway.

That interpretation is a big reach that only works in some alternate universe where Jesus didn't consider tax-collectors to be on the same level as prostitutes and drunks.

Jesus was pretty consistently anti-government and anti-forcing people to do things they don't wanna do.
>>
>>87985205
Education doesn't teach people not to rape; education helps ensure a comfortable life. People commit crimes because they don't have what they need, in one way or another. Many people in poverty have mental and regular health issues because of their lack of care. It should be obvious why mental health issues can lead to violent crimes.
If your questions are genuine, that's cool, but you're failing exegesis if they're meant to be rhetorical.
>>
>>87984203
>Would it have been better if they were left alone? I don't think so. I wonder what an SJW would have to say?
Pretty sure SJWs would be against that because they don't reason too well on things and they have a black and white vision of the world that mostly goes unchallenged due to echo chambers.

Cultural exchange and colonialism did a lot of good to this world and as humanity eventually becomes one whole seamless community, all the quirks and traditions of the past won't be missed.

Now that I think of it, Japanese history would be the perfect subject for a SJW to think about. No country embodies the dilemma of cultural identity vs. cultural exchange as perfectly as Japan. It's been going on for millennia, first with China and Korea, then with the Western world. Japan always closed itself into its little shell, and only under pressure it reached out, grabbed a little something and then shut its doors again. Such a little strip of land struggling so hard to resist.
>>
>>87985199
I just don't get this attitude. You're saying someone who rapes and kills 20 children deserves a legal defense?

You liberals are completely fucking nuts.
>>
>>87985205
Crime in general is more attractive if you don't have legitimate prospects. Education increases prospects.

>When were you taught in school that rape was bad?
Sixth grade, but it was a private school.
>>
>>87985225

What in the fuck does that have to do with goddamn anything?

>Rich people have less of a chance to get into Heaven
>Therefore, we should tax their money through force and redistribute it
>It certainly has nothing to do with the importance of charity and the personal rejection of material goods.

>"The more we tax people, the poorer we make them. The poorer we make them, the more likely they'll get into Heaven." - J-Dog
>>
>>87985254
Prove he did it.
>>
>>87985239
>Jesus didn't consider tax-collectors to be on the same level as prostitutes and drunks.
He considers them all as valuable people who deserve love like anyone else. It's the people who hated them, and it's never implied to be because they're sinful for collecting, but rather for collecting too much.

>>87985254
Yes, because figuring out whether he was the one who did it or not is the point of the trial. The fact innocent people get sentenced to death is terrible. Also, it's your opinion that's more in-line with liberal views (and even then, it's extreme).
>>
>>87985246
>People commit crimes because they don't have what they need

Therefore they must rape?

>Many people in poverty have mental and regular health issues because of their lack of care

And so...they rape?

We're not talking about a starving man stealing food. We're talking about rape.

What is it about the condition of living in poverty that gives a man such an urge to rape?

How much more common are mental issues amongst the poor? We got sources?
>>
>>87985269
...Are you really asking me what Jesus' words on the ability of the wealthy to get into heaven have to do with Christianity meshing with Socialism?
>>
>>87985296
>He considers them all as valuable people who deserve love like anyone else.

That's what he considered fucking everybody. That doesn't mean he liked collecting taxes any more than liked prostitution or violence.

>It's never implied to be because they're sinful for collecting, but rather for collecting too much.

>"It's okay to forcibly take money from people as long as you don't take TOO much." - J-Dizzle

When does Jesus say that sin is okay in moderation?
>>
>>87985003
What exactly is supposed to be biased about this picture or showing any wrongdoing on clinton's part? It's literally just a screenshot saying that clinton properly did her JOB as she's supposed to be doing.
>>
i'm tired of seeing non europeans appropriating european culture.

obama should be in loin cloth and have his lip plated. not in a suit, which is an anglo invention.
>>
>>87985320
>What is it about the condition of living in poverty that gives a man such an urge to rape?
Common sense man. If I think I have nothing to lose why am I going to let a little thing like "right and wrong" get in the way of getting what I wan?

>How much more common are mental issues amongst the poor? We got sources?
Also it's not the presentation of those mental conditions but the access to treatment. Antidepressants and anti-psychotics are medicine, and medicine costs money.

Although it is worth noting that shit like lead in the water and paint actually makes poor people (regardless of race) dumber by killing brain cells.
>>
>>87976329
Yeah, but whining that memes have become "normie" is for spergs and retards.
>>
>>87985322

Yeah. I am. Charity is one thing. Taxation is another.

Let's say I have a guy, right? That guy really wants to steal some shit. However, I lock him up and ensure he won't steal shit. He still really wants to steal shit. If I let him go then he will go steal shit. But since I hold him captive I ensure that he steals no shit.

He dies. Does he go to Heaven? Even though he wanted to steal shit and was physically not allowed to? Even though he was completely unrepentant?

How do you connect 'Rich people rarely go to Heaven' with 'Let's take rich people's stuff by force'?

Do you not understand the difference between charity and taxation? Between anti-materialism and the voluntary rejection of worldly goods with giving Caesar more power to take things from people?
>>
>>87981685
>Maui, our benevolent ancestor
>Maui
>benevolent
Seriously? I am from New Zealand so I'm only familiar with the Māori version of Maui, but that guy was a total fucker. He messed with people all the time just for shits and giggles. When he did something good it was usually an unintended consequence of being an arsehole.
>>
>>87985254

Yeah and if/since they did it they go to jail. You have to apply the laws to everyone or what's the point?
>>
>>87985205
>What is it about poor education that causes black people to rape more frequently?

Where did you hear that black people rape more frequently? The vast majority of reported rapes are committed by white men from everything I've read.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious where you heard it.

Blacks certainly have whites beat in the murder department though.
>>
>>87985344
>That's what he considered fucking everybody.
Now you're getting it!
>When does Jesus say that sin is okay in moderation?
Collecting taxes isn't a sin. Taking more (non-tax) money for yourself is stealing. The money system was instituted and run by Caeser, therefore it's all his. That doesn't mean Jesus was pro-socialism.
>>
>>87985372
>If I think I have nothing to lose why am I going to let a little thing like "right and wrong" get in the way of getting what I wan?

So the only thing stopping educated people from raping is the threat of losing what they have.

Boy, I'd sure love to rape that guy but I'd hate to lose out on anything I got. That the average mindset?

>Also it's not the presentation of those mental conditions but the access to treatment. Antidepressants and anti-psychotics are medicine, and medicine costs money.

What percentage of black rapists would qualify for antidepressants and antipsychotic medication? Do you have any sources or is it just an assumption?
>>
>>87985205
Higher education or economic status ensures you can get away with sexual harassment/assault easier. See Trump's own testimony on the subject and the testimony of nearly the entire cast of Miss Teen USA.
>>
>>87978824
>slavery is the same as wearing makeup

Perfect demonstration of American racial politics
>>
>>87985254
>You're saying someone who rapes and kills 20 children deserves a legal defense?
Everyone deserves a legal defense. Do you even understand the point of the legal system?
>>
>>87985284
>Prove he did it.

If there's enough evidence to arrest someone for it, then they sure as shit did it, making a trial pointless.

>>87985296
>Yes, because figuring out whether he was the one who did it or not is the point of the trial. The fact innocent people get sentenced to death is terrible. Also, it's your opinion that's more in-line with liberal views (and even then, it's extreme).

The point of a trial is so a bunch of Jew lawyers can make big bucks. If innocent people get executed every now and then, so be it. It's more than worth it to rid our society of the sick shits who do commit the crimes. And no, I'm not the liberal here, you are. Stop projecting thanks.

>>87985413
>Yeah and if/since they did it they go to jail. You have to apply the laws to everyone or what's the point?

Because it's a complete waste of time and drain on public resources that exist for no other purpose than to profit the evil.
>>
>>87985419
>The vast majority of reported rapes are committed by white men from everything I've read.

Okay, now factor in population factors.

I'll wait.

>>87985421
>Taking more (non-tax) money for yourself is stealing.

What about taxation makes it not theft? How do you define theft?

You take something from someone. You take it by force without allowing them to say no. That's theft.
>>
>>87985427
>So the only thing stopping educated people from raping is the threat of losing what they have.
No, but there are certainly people who are. It's not "the urge to rape", it's "the urge to have sex" that drives it. No one wants to rape specifically, but the urge for sex (or other pleasures) can be amplified if you don't live a comfortable life to the point where you might take extreme actions.

>black rapists
We're not talking about black people, we're talking about poor people. Blacks committing more crimes is not a race issue; it's just because more of them are poor.
>>
File: 1449634491787.png (1MB, 666x710px) Image search: [Google]
1449634491787.png
1MB, 666x710px
>>87985493
>The point of a trial is so a bunch of Jew lawyers can make big bucks.
This whole conversation is such a fucking shitshow.

Can /pol/ fuck off?
>>
>>87982295
So Asatru people should go fuck themselves because your people are more important? Hate to break it to you, but you're acting like an asshole.
>>
>>87985451
>Higher education or economic status ensures you can get away with sexual harassment/assault easier.

So you're claiming that white people rape to an equal degree but can get away with it because money/education.

Got any hard numbers to prove that? Or is it just an assumption of yours that sounds logical?
>>
>>87985502
>Okay, now factor in population factors.

I thought we were talking about total rapes, not percentage of rapes, since you said they do it more frequently, not that they're more likely to.

My bad.
>>
>>87985502
>You take it by force without allowing them to say no. That's theft.
No, taking something THAT IS NOT YOURS is theft. The money was always Caeser's, just like how every dollar bill is owned by the U.S. government and every yen is owned by the Japanese government. Tax collectors are supposed to take (Caeser's) money from the people to give to Caeser. They get paid directly by Caeser for doing that. Them taking (Caeser's) money from the people "just because I can" is stealing.
>>
>>87982755
Do pure-white Americans understand that people can laugh at themselves? That when Mexicans see a bunch of carton rodents in sombreros, they laugh? It's like if France made a cartoon about American birds and they were all pigeons who enjoyed eating hamburgers and chanting U-S-A! U-S-A! Like, we'd fucking laugh out asses off because stereotypes can be funny sometimes.
>>
>>87982509
Holy shit I had these, and fuck my parents lied to me
>Told me that all my disney toys came from disneyland
>years later finding out they're actually all from McDonalds
>>
>>87985493
>If there's enough evidence to arrest someone for it, then they sure as shit did it, making a trial pointless.
Being accused is all it takes to get arrested. No evidence needed.
>>
>>87985493
Literally the point is proving they did it. You can't just throw some people away because you think they did something. Prove they did.

>If innocent people get executed every now and then, so be it

And I'm sure you'll happily comply if someone accuses you.
>>
>>87985502
>Okay, now factor in population factors.
There is a higher percentage of black people in poverty as opposed to black people not in poverty, than there are white people in poverty as opposed to white people not in poverty.

People in poverty are more likely to commit crimes.

So of course percentage wise black people would be highly represented in crime, since they are also highly represented in poverty.

Oh wait let me guess you're American so you get to ignore class issues and how they intersect with every other aspect of society when it's convenient for you, nevermind, just ignore everything I said. You don't have to reply.
>>
>>87985493
>And no, I'm not the liberal here, you are.
I never called you a liberal. Ironic you'd tell me to stop projecting.
>>
>>87983088
>88

Haayl
>>
>>87982068
>>87982084
Do kids want to buy these things? Maui's character design looks a little bit grotesque, and I probably wouldn't have wanted a toy like that as a kid. But I don't really know the tastes of the current generation.
>>
>>87985578
I mean even if people find it offensive, is it really THAT offensive. Sometimes I turn my nose at stereotypes on my country as certain things are mildly annoying, but I'd never ever mention that in a conversation.

Just like a German friend of mine who found it annoying that so almost every time there are German people in a movie, it has to do with the Nazis. It's not like he made a big deal out of it.
>>
>>87985569
>The money was always Caeser's

No it wasn't. The concept of money and economy and worth exists independently of the government.

The government created pieces of paper that mean nothing without the human concept of value to back it up.

>(Caeser's) money from the people to give to Caeser

Once you receive money through voluntary exchange it ceases to become Caesar's. The only reason the government can claim ownership over it after that is by retaking it. By theft.
>>
>>87985696

i mean it's the rock, he's a badass in the movie i assume, i get it
>>
>>87985646
>There is a higher percentage of black people in poverty as opposed to black people not in poverty

There are more poor white people in the United States than there are poor black people. Blacks still commit more rape per capita.

Explain why.
>>
>>87985525
Nice rebuttal there Haim.
>>
>Goes from a discussion on cultural appropriation to rape cases and racial crime statistics

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER
>>
>>87985721
>No it wasn't. The concept of money and economy and worth exists independently of the government.
It does, but that's a non-sequitur. All the money used and, more importantly, collected for taxes was made using Caeser's metal.

>Once you receive money through voluntary exchange it becomes Caeser's.
That's laughably untrue. You're lent the money to use; for comparison, if you buy a video game, you own a license to play the game, not the game itself. Another good comparison is a bank loan; the money is still the bank's, so you have to pay it back. It's not like giving someone a birthday present, it's like giving them a fishing pole to use but expecting it back because it's yours.

By all means, people can have money that isn't created, distributed, and managed by the government, but they don't and that probably won't change.
>>
>>87985721
Sure, except you already agreed to give it to Ceasar when you chose to be employed in his territory. If you don't like that, take your transactions out of his zone of control.

And while you're at it, be sure to avoid using public roadways and services on your way out, because doing so would be usage of materials taken by theft (by your logic), and therefore also illegal and unethical.
>>
>>87985614
>And I'm sure you'll happily comply if someone accuses you.

Yes, but I don't commit crimes, so I'd never be accused in the first place.
>>
>>87982372
(((white)))
>>
>>87985838
/co/ is usually pretty good about avoiding this.

I lurk /v/ and /tv/ regularly so I'm all too used to this bullshit being business as usual, sadly.
>>
>>87985972
I'm loving it to be honest.

Especially since I indirectly started it.
>>
>>87985696
Maui seems like the type of character boys and tomboys would like.
>>
>>87985972
>going to /tv/
Why? I don't mind /v/ because every once in a while it has a nice discussion of games I like
>inb4 "/v/ hates everything" meme
but /tv/ is a cesspit.
>>
>>87986025
And bara fetishists!
>>
>>87985972
It's off-topic and shouldn't be allowed, but (almost) everyone is being civil.
>>87986029
/v/ hates other sites just like /a/ and /co/. It probably is the best place to search, and because of the format of video games, things like "what's the best ______ game?" lead to actual discussion instead of ruining the board with infinite rec threads. It's hard to compare series on /a/, for example. It's still less dense than /co/ and especially /a/, though.
>>
>>87985950
You just said innocents can die, didn't you? It's not impossible someone can accuse you of something and if there's no lawyers to help defend you, are you just going to happily accept it?
>>
>>87976329
No.
>>
>>87961067
That's actually one ugly ass costume. Who purchases a costume that's just supposed to mean skin? Why not just wear leaves?
>>
>>87985540
1) I find it hilarious that I'm the one that has to provide citations to your lack of citations.
2) Statistics on that are extremely muddled due to latinos apparently counting as both black and white simultaneously in reports or other sources forget that prison rape actually makes men the largest group of rape victims.
3) Randomly saying a black man did it is an extremely traditional method in America that apparently still works to this day considering how long it takes for anyone to notice the person making that up was lying.
4) Public defenders are notoriously understaffed and overworked. They have (on average) less than 5 minutes to work on a case for a single client which and I doubt any real law school is so amazing that they can birth genius lawyers that can adhere to the highest legal standards for defense in less time than it takes to have a pokemon battle. Being able to hire a lawyer that can actually work on your case is a massive legal advantage.
5) I suppose with that out the way it would end up as being "sounds logical" since the trend of blacks being thought of as more likely to commit X type of crime while actually less likely to do so and more likely to be targeted by police for it holds true for just about every other crime including levels of gang violence, drugs,rioting, etc. Unless black people in america are some sort of rape savants it is exceedingly more likely that they at best are more likely to be considered rapists as opposed to actually being rapists.
>>
>>87982703
underrated post
>>
>>87982594
Wasn't it born out of some desire to rebel against the Japanese aesthetic ideal of pale skin and pitch black hair?
>>
Liberalism is a disease.
>>
>>87985540
>because money/education.
Money hires lawyers, so....
>>
>>87986236
Incorrect.

The Neo-left is.
>>
Nobody gave a shit about polynesians until Disney made Moana, they should be thankful
>>
I want to ban /pol/.
>>
>>87986261
Looking at threads like these and conversations happening everywhere on this subject, it might be preferable to be a group/race everyone ignores.like eskimos
>>
>>87986219
>underrated
>literally another "abloobloo all people of x ideology are da same hivemind blob"
>>
>>87986254
There's no distinction anymore. The entire left is out of control these days.
>>
>>87986328
Eskimos aren't an actual group though, that's just a general term for Canadian/Alaskan native tribes and groups.
>>
>>87986377
*American left
>>
>>87986399
Sweden, Germany and France are somehow even worse. Have you seen feminist snow shoveling?
>>
>>87986424
>feminist snow shoveling

Que?
>>
>>87986458
http://heatst.com/world/feminist-snow-plowing-system-brings-stockholm-to-a-standstill/
>>
>>87961238
>brains just like yours and mine
Oh, not quite. Theirs are full of idiot.
>>
>>87982399
Same. Although, I didn't vote for him. But you know

>a vote for Stein is a vote for Trump hurr durr

I preferred him over Hillary though. Democrats think Hillary would have won if Johnson and Stein weren't around, but it's the opposite. Without Stein and Johnson, Trump would have had a landslide win. Us third party voters actually helped HILLARY lmao
>>
>>87978101
>strawman
>you kids need to grow up

Haha, okay. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>87986354
It's true. Liberals, especially femocrat liberals, don't actually do anything to help the situation. They live off the bleeding heart victim narrative and that's the only way their party can stay relevant.
>>
>>87984647
Keep saying twit, it's a great replacement for critical thinking.
>>
>>87985125
Logic is a fucking mystery to you, huh?
>>
>>87986261
They literally are. Type "Moana Poly" on Twitter and you'll see an endless feed of very happy people and the occasional Poly saying other Polynesians offended by the movie need to stfu.
>>
>>87986750
You assume that everyone in one party has to think the same way.

What if I said I know a conservative who believed that the environment should be preserved, not because of,say global warming, but because it's God's country?

Or those groups that believe Christ was socialist and society should be based on some kind of Christian anarchism?

Alternatively, I see myself as fairly-liberal, but I despise it when people play the victim card or get hung up over past events (ie, "You should feel sorry about what your ancestors did"). I also believe in deporting illegal immigrants.

I'm just trying to say I believe that people are too focused on trying to blob everyone up on the left-right scale, when they should be focused on attacking the beliefs themselves.
>>
>>87987077
Regardless of the few in every group that stand out from the norm, as a collective there tend to be more similarities than differences. I can't be bothered to comb through every individual in a group instead of looking at the patterns of the whole. It's a tough pill we all have to swallow sometimes.
>>
>this entire thread
>>
>>87986887
Keep commenting on the word "twit" rather than the post itself, anything to keep you from thinking of an actual rebuttal, huh?
>>
>>87985578
No. Hence why they think black people who watch The Boondocks watch it are idiots who don't understand satire.
>>
>>87985747
I thought white people commit more rape over all?
>>
>>87988077
Rape statistics are fairly hard to compile, considering it's a crime many don't report or that people are falsely accused of.
Thread posts: 472
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.