[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain why Supes looks like pic realated? I recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1147.jpg (105KB, 474x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1147.jpg
105KB, 474x403px
Can someone explain why Supes looks like pic realated? I recently started Morsions JLA run.
>>
File: Superman-1460185518752.jpg (559KB, 1188x2426px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-1460185518752.jpg
559KB, 1188x2426px
It was the '90s, it was a bad time for everyone, some people got a little confused and did things they regret.
>>
File: 6541.jpg (158KB, 630x572px) Image search: [Google]
6541.jpg
158KB, 630x572px
I think he just got in a fight with some dude who fucked with his power set and he turned blue and had to wear a new costume. It was probably actually some known bad guy? Probably actually worth checking out. Anyway Big Event. You know how comics are.
>>
>>87951313
He got ray zapped and somehow overloaded (despite having no upper limits to his regular powers) and then his entire powerset changed and ... we don't need to discuss the red guy, do we?
>>
>>87951206
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT MORRISONS JLA IS NOT CANON

YOU ARE LITERALLY READING NOTHING

NOTHING IN THAT BOOK IS CANON SO NONE OF IT MATTERS

AHAHHAHAHHA
>>
>>87951591
It's canon to Superman, not canon to New 52.
>>
>>87951899
Well that's because >>87951591
doesn't actually read comics
>>
>>87951591
Since Convergence/Rebirth, all the old post-crisis DCU stories are canon again, even if the heroes (and editors) are still trying to figure out how they fit in with N52.

So yeah, JLA is canon, deal with it.
>>
>>87951206

I think it had to do with Final Night, where the sun went out. I just started reading comics then an blue Supes started a couple issues after I bought my first comic. I think it was the sun being out for too long that he got his powers.

Later there was some shit in the Millennium Guardians event where it was shown that his energy powers and his separation into two beings was not just so he could DP Lois but so he could reset the magnetic poles of the Earth or sth. So it was also fate?

Anway, I don't fully remember, I was 11.
>>
IRL DC seemed to be losing the dispute with the Siegel and Shuster families over the Superman rights, so they tried to change his powers to more solidly claim him as their own.
>>
>>87952130

Also, I should add, due to me being 11 at the time, I also have a soft spot for that whole arc.

I grew up in Germany and here Dino Comics decided that they did not want to jump into Justice League comics mid-run. So they started with Morrison, but had the Superman titles where he just started out losing his standard powers. So after a couple issues you had Blue Supes in his own title and Classic Supes in JLA for about a year.

It should have been confusing, but as a kid I understood it immediately, without having any Innernet or whatnot. Just the letters pages.

Anyway, just wanted to bathe in nostalgia and let you know about a funny little tidbit of publishing trivia in Germany.
>>
>>87951206
Powers got fucked
Became energy being
Had to wear containment suit
>>
>>87951206
Morrison's use of blue Superman in his JLA is the only positive thing to come out of that version.
>>
>>87951591
Canon is one of the cancers killing the comicbook industry
>>
>>87953631
Stop peddling this meme.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.