[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is willing to put up with a live action remake of Song Of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: p64324_p_v8_aa.jpg (754KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p64324_p_v8_aa.jpg
754KB, 960x1440px
Who is willing to put up with a live action remake of Song Of The South?

So that they can have a more PC version of it.
>>
What's wrong with the original?

I remember watching it on BBC 2. It was a while ago though.
>>
>>87935482
>Make Song of The South Great Again
>>
>>87935530
Disney refuses to release it on DVD in North America.

You PAL folks are lucky. how long ago was it?
>>
>>87935582
Probably 25 or so years ago.
>>
>>87935619
As expected, most people are not willing to spend over $100 on eBay for a Japanese Laser Disc of it and Disney won't release it on DVD/Blu-Ray because it's not PC.

Best thing to do is a live action remake that is more PC.
>>
>>87935666
You can get it on vhs for like a tenner
>>
Britfag here, I just bought it on DVD for £6.

Just buy the UK DVD and set your DVD player/drive to region 0 or 2, note that most can only change their region code a handful of times before locking in permanently though.
>>
>>87935694
Laser Disc is better, but still with things like Beauty And The Beast, The Lion King and Winnie The Pooh getting live action remakes it's now Song Of The South's turn to get a live action remake.
>>
In America we sing zippity doo dah as children but aren't taught where the song comes from.
>>
>>87935746
This is about a region 1 release however.

Also http://www.songofthesouth.net/faq/#2
>>
>>87935783
This, a more PC remake is needed, unlike The Loin King which does not need one.
>>
>>87935786
Oh I know it's not legitimately available on DVD but most DVD versions I've seen use the laserdisc rip.
>>
File: image-MMFZwZDU.jpg (34KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
image-MMFZwZDU.jpg
34KB, 500x273px
>wanting a live action remake
>when we haven't even gotten a crisp, clean blu-ray version of the original yet
man I don't care about the controversy behind it, I just want to see that A+ animation in clean quality
>>
>>87935816
Still, if theres any remake need to be made, it's Song Of The South.
>>
>>87935882
Blame it not being PC.
>>
I don't understand, why is there any need for a remake, let alone a live action one?

If you want to watch Song of the South there are lots of ways you can do it legitimately right now, I'm sure you can even stream it somewhere.

Why on earth does it need a modern remake? When has a remake ever been as good as the original?
>>
>>87935905
No shit, Sherlock.
>>
>>87935911
It's not PC, no legit release from Disney in years.
>>
>>87935967
>It's not PC

But it's Song of the South.

Song of the South is Song of the South.

What you're saying is you want a different film with the same name?

Jesus christ you see more racism on daytime television than was in Song of the South and you think it needs a "PC" remake?
>>
>>87935799
No, the opposite is needed. America needs to acknowledge its past instead of covering it up. Sjw being annoying reactionary fucks in the last ten years doesn't erase the history of race relations in America, and the ways it was depicted on film. I do not advocate for that side of history being erased (which the alt-right is trying to do) just because sjw have become the new extreme. That accomplishes nothing.
>>
I fail to understand what is so wrong with the Song of the south

it it because the black farm hand actually seem to like their job?
>>
They'll eventually release it.

But a message will automatically play preceding it with Whoopi Goldberg telling us that it's racist but we can still watch it.
>>
>>87936103
Yes. That is essentially the problem with it.

A PC re-make will include a ten minute musical about how whitey is an evil slave-driving cracker that can't cook, can't dance, doesn't have a soul and stole all technology and knowledge from de black kings.

Then finally it will not be raysis.
>>
>>87936048
Thank god for Trump.
>>
Probably will be a gritty reboot of Brer Rabbit. The story itself isn't offensive, it's the framing device that kind of implies the narrator is owned by the family.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.