[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there many comic crossovers with Doctor Who?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 12D_01_Alice_.jpg.size-600.jpg (102KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
12D_01_Alice_.jpg.size-600.jpg
102KB, 600x910px
Why aren't there many comic crossovers with Doctor Who? He seems like Prime crossover material.
>>
Doctor Who is pure trash. No idea why Americans are so into it, and I know to safely disregard the opinion of any Brit who is.
>>
>>87931915
Probably a mix of BBC being cautious about it, and who's had the license over the years.

Back when Marvel published Doctor Who Magazine there was a little bit of crossover during the 7th Doctor's era. A crossover with The Doctor was how Death's Head went from Marvel's Transformers universe to Marvel's main universe, as well as a small background appearance from Captain Britain and mention of Pym particles.

When IDW had the license they did that Star Trek crossover near the end of their time with the license. Given it was a huge success they might have tried to do more if they'd kept it, but they only had the license for a year after that.

Now Titan have the license and they don't have much else worthwhile to really cross it over with.
>>
>>87931915
>>87932024
Oh and forgot, not a comic crossover, but if Enterprise hadn't got itself cancelled just as Doctor Who was coming back, RTD would have legit proposed a Doctor Who Star Trek crossover for TV to CBS/Paramount.
>>
File: 1280x720-NWQ.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-NWQ.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>87931990
Your troll-fu is weak.
>>
>>87932186
>troll-fu
That's a legitimate post, anon. Doctor Who is terrible. They legit make the series now to sell to Americans. You're right in that isn't the reason it's not had many crossovers though.

>>87932024
>BBC being cautious about it
Not likely, it's a cash cow that they push desperately especially for marketing/product purposes. Licensing is more probable. Could be that comics just don't make enough money.
>>
>it's a Sgt. Rock and Doctor fight Nazi Daleks episode feat. Haunted Tank
>>
>>87932220
>Not likely, it's a cash cow that they push desperately especially for marketing/product purposes.
Given Moffat openly made a point of saying he won't do a Sherlock crossover despite half the fanbase screaming for it I'd say they don't look to just throw out anything with the license. Plus they turned down David Yates in the end for rebooting it for cinema, despite early interest from BBC because they decided it'd be worse rather than better for the license.
>>
>>87932245
>It's a Doctor and Cable in Days of Future past having to stop the Cybermen and sentinels issue

>It's a Doctor becomes a Green Lantern issue.

>It's a Doctor goes to Cybertron issue.

>it's a Doctor gets investigated by the BPRD issue.

>it's a Doctor/Invisible team up.
>>
>>87932413
>Daleks decide to kill Unicron for his shamefur dispray
I wager that Hellboy and Doctor would be bros. Well, depending on Doctor.
>>
>>87932279
Would Moffat have been allowed to do that? He went so over-budget one year they had to cancel an entire series and replace it with four episodes. And the BBC probably has better info on the actual crossover on demographics there than the particular fanfic/tumblr fandom or whatever.
>>
>>87932585
I'm glad, a Sherlock/Doctor Who crossover would be really stupid.
>>
>>87932585
It was just an example to show that the BBC aren't chomping to get any marketable crossover they can.

As for the split season thing with only 5eps in 2012, we've never actually known the real behind the scenes for that, but honestly I'm 100% sure that was the only way Moffat could convince the BBC to give him the budget for the 50th anni special the following year and I'm surprised more people don't make that connection.
>>
>>87932585
Moffat is the cancer that killed Dr Who for me. As cheesy as some of the episodes were before hand they still had unique storylines and settings and followed SOME continuity. Moffats writing litteraly just comes down to LOL WHAT IF THE DR MET THIS PERSON LOL HE HAS A TANK AND ROCKN ROLL WITH VIKINGS FUCK THE TIME TRAVEL RULES THAT WERE SET BEFORE HAND.
>>
>>87932742
Go to bed Barrowman.
>>
>>87932681
I'm going by Private Eye here, which did report on some behind the scenes stuff which was that Moffat was disastrously over-budget and had real fallings out with other seniors in production.
>>
We need more Who/Trek crossovers
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.