[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with Season 3 becoming a thing, is this series actually worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: young-justice.jpg (502KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
young-justice.jpg
502KB, 2000x1000px
So with Season 3 becoming a thing, is this series actually worth looking into? How does it compare to the old DCAU/Teen Titans shows?

I'm a Captain Marvel fan and does he actually get to do stuff on this show? Just looking for a new hero cartoon to dive into.
>>
>>87929004
CM gets a pretty special episode, and yes.
>>
>>87929004
Unlike DCAU and TT it has story development that arches over the whole season; I would also say that it is the kind of show that you could judge the show from the first episode.
>>
It feels flat compared to the DCAU. The fights are weaker and the characterizations are duller. None of the villains have any personality. And they have this dumb habit of explaining plot points like they're reading pff of wikipedia.
>>
>>87929131
When you say "story development that arches over the whole season" do you mean to say that there's no slice of life episodes, or comfy adventure episodes, or silly episodes? In other words, it's CADMUS Arc cranked up to 11 all the time? If so, is it doing it to be unnecessarily edgy, or because that's the model they think will work because of Naruto?
>>
I like it, but if you want a sense of universe, DCAU is much better. Capt. Marvel appears a handful of times and it's great (IMO)
>>
>>87929188
There are comfy eps, but 2nd season doesn't have many.
>>
>>87929188
You have terribly taste and are blatantly being a contrarian elitist.
fuck off
>>
File: [menacing].gif (235KB, 512x246px) Image search: [Google]
[menacing].gif
235KB, 512x246px
>>87929225
What the FUCK is your problem?
>>
>>87929188
Most DC shows can be watched in any order and not really affect your enjoyment of the individual episodes, I just meant that the story is more linear and does not really go back to a status quo between episodes.
>>
>>87929260
Oh that's pretty neat. I like JLU but it's kind of difficult to pretend that Superman, Aquaman, Hawkgirl, et. al. didn't literally enter Cthulu's domain and NOT get severely mindfucked.
>>
>>87929004
>is this series actually worth looking into?
Do you like shotas enough to tolerate godawful writing?
>>
>>87929188
First season has slice of life episodes, but they have character development and introduce plotlines that are part of a larger arc that comes together in the last third of the season.

Second season is more plot-focused and doesn't have as much breathing room.

I would say it gets a little too serious in the second season, but not to the point of being edgy.
>>
>>87929004
Where did the Martian come from? Isn't Jonn the last of his kind?
>>
>>87929282
In the comics, she's a White Martian, not of J'onn's species.

It's the same in YJ, but the Martians are also alive and well.
>>
>>87929230
your opinion is shit
that would be my problem

OP was asking if the show was good, objectively, not asking for fucking tirades about why the DCAU was superior in every way.
>>
>>87929318
No YJ goes off the earliest version of DC Mars where his family was just alive, ms Martian is his actual niece, but their family is a mix of both green and white martians (most probably her father is the lone white Martian).
>>
>>87929225
elitist? surely this is top tier plebeianism?
>>
>>87929188
Yeah, fuch Young Justice for having a story instead of just being randumb shit like Teen Titans.
>>
The show is fine, but all of the characters talk like they're in a comic book. They're all strangely long-winded and give a lot of exposition. There's also a lot of weird shit that probably sounded cool on paper like the group being called "The Team".
>>
>>87932051
Well, they're certainly not the Teen Titans.
>>
File: JerrySeinfeld-trans-300x229.png (61KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
JerrySeinfeld-trans-300x229.png
61KB, 300x229px
>>87932051
>You're overwhelmed, Freeze was overwhelmed, why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?
>>
>>87929004
I loved how they approached Captain Marvel, and kind of wish I didn't know his backstory because that took away one of the best surprises from his focus episode
>>
>>87929004
>is this series actually worth looking into
Not really.
>How does it compare to the old DCAU/Teen Titans show
It's more immediate with it's ongoing plot, but the characters, roster build-up, and dialogue are pretty crap.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.