[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they make cape cartoons like this anymore? This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
Why don't they make cape cartoons like this anymore? This show has close to 100 episodes. Seems like everything gets canceled way before that now.
>>
>>87904086
Half of BTAS episodes suck though.
>>
>>87904086
>Why don't they make cape cartoons like this anymore?
because they got better than that
>>
>>87907140

You can't be serious. There's like 10 episodes that suck.
>>
Lightning in a bottle, my friend. BTAS was a one-in-a-million success that launched the DCAU.
>>
>>87907942
The Forgotten, I've Got Batman In My Basement and Tyger, Tyger are my go-to awful episodes.
>>
>>87908254
>he doesn't have a fetish for forced transformation catwoman
>>
>>87908345
The episode was crap and cat-Selina was also crap. Gargoyles did it better.
>>
While I can't comment on the quality, the episode count is because of syndication. Basically, the way syndication worked was that they'd produce 65+ episodes of a series, then any local network that wanted to pay could show the series (65 episodes because that's 13 weeks of episodes monday-friday, meaning each episode would only have to repeat four times a year). Syndication was a good business model for cartoons in the 80s and 90s, but it died off as broadcast stations started to move away from kid's blocks. It was only a self-sustaining business model because so many local broadcast stations paying a reasonable amount to air the series would quickly add up enough to make a profit.

The alternate production model was 13/26 episode seasons, which were much lower risk for non-syndicated cartoons, because it allows the network to budget each batch of episodes based on popularity. If a show flops after 13 episodes, they aren't stuck with 39 more.
>>
Economic bubble, the success of Disney's syndication initiative, and Tim Burton revitalizing Batman as one of the biggest summer blockbusters.
>>
>>87904086
videogames
>>
>>87910237
This is interesting, thanks. Where can I read more about it?
>>
>>87904086

Lazy, Just like most of us.
>>
>>87911489
In the Bible!
>>
>>87908254
i like the forgotten
>>
>>87913566
What's it like to have no taste?
>>
>>87907942
You have to remember people are starting to hate it because more people like and normies are nostalgic for it, you'll get very little praise here
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.