[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw pic related with my daughter (and I have subsequently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Monster-High.jpg (363KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-High.jpg
363KB, 1280x800px
I just saw pic related with my daughter (and I have subsequently banned this show) and have never seen a bigger pile of poorly made shit, what is the CO consensus on this drivel?
>>
File: Monster High Reboot.png (497KB, 820x625px) Image search: [Google]
Monster High Reboot.png
497KB, 820x625px
I like the reboot that happened this summer and my niece and daughter found the first Welcome to Monster High movie decently entertaining for tween girl entertainment.
>>
>>87891550
>I have subsequently banned this show
Why? Never seen it, does it promote degeneracy or something?
>>
Personally, I don't like it.

My biggest problem with it though is, as someone who loves creature designing, I hate how the characters look.

It would have been nice if they at least tried to be a bit more creative with the idea that all the characters are monstrous high school students, but instead they just gave us slightly altered Bratz designs.
>>
>>87891550
My general thought on this shit, ever after high, etc:
It's a START. it's perhaps a gateway to getting girls into GOOD subjects like scifi and fantasy. We need to nerdify them slowly and gradually so they're more open to it.

even without that though, it's a lot better than bratz, if worse than barbie, lalaloopsy, etc.
You want a cool daughter? raise her on 60s-90s anime. Otherwise this is the best we have available.
>>
>>87891665
>using the word tween
i think we know the real monster here

yeah that is an improvement though
>>
>>87891665
The welcome to monster high movie is the one I am talking about. The stilted dialogue and shitshow storytelling made it dreadful to watch, and the little one while quiet and watching was not as engaged with it as she has been with better movies and shows.

She has just gotten out of the very young cartoon group and I am looking for things for her to watch. This shit does not cut it and I am not sure what else there is to show her.
>>
>>87891702

I am not saying its degenerate I am saying its bad, I want my girl to want quality, besides from the looks of things this show only barely holds her attention so she was not upset in the slightest over its being banned.
>>
>>87891785
The DC Superhero Girls specials have been decently entertaining stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MgkHCOhU-E
>>
>>87891848

Well its got a much better art style and animation, I will give it a watch with her.

Why does all the shows for girls have to be about bloody high school?
>>
>>87891838
So it looks like crap and bores her? No need to ban it then, she'll lose interest
>>
>>87891931

The ban is more on avoiding the toys and preventing the misses from putting it on while i am at work.
>>
>>87891981
>banning wife from doing something
That's much more difficult. Good luck
>>
If you want your daughter to watch a really good children show, let her watch MLP:Fim
>>
File: barbie.gif (767KB, 245x185px) Image search: [Google]
barbie.gif
767KB, 245x185px
>>87891550
Unfortunately most shows for young girls are toyetic trash.

Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse is pretty good for what it is though, it's essentially a show about the Barbie characters from Toy Story and is geniunely funny at times.
>>
>>87891550
>what is the CO consensus on this
There's usually a general floating around. Most posters like the show for waifus. Ever After High is a bit more solid story wise and tends to get actual discussion.
>>
>>87894326
EAH threads just start dwelling into shipping shit when theres nothing new to talk about
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.