[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, /co/. Let's hear your pitch for a Superman story.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

Okay, /co/. Let's hear your pitch for a Superman story. It can be a single story, a run, an out of continuity mini or an Elseworld. Whatever you want. Just don't do Superman evil. That has already been done enough.
>>
>>87891192
Superman in a Guardians of the Galaxy type team. Kal-El and his gang go around the universe. Conflict with people like Mongul and the GL's. Kal has a strict no kill code that his teamates make fun of but he sticks with it
>>
Red Son but in Guatemala or some shit I don't know I'm on lunch break.
>>
>>87891242
why would superman have a strict no kill code when he's not dealing with easily manageable earth problems?
>>
>>87891242
>Adam Strange
>Orion
>Lobo
>Maxima
>Guy Gardner
>>
>>87891242
I'll rephrase it to where he tries his best to only incapacitate his enemies. If his crew is in danger serious danger (some kind of danger that a kryptonian can't just slap away) then he will kill if it comes to it.
>>
instead of landing in America as a baby, he lands in Themyscira. He is then raised as the first male Amazon and goes on to beat Diana in that contest and is sent to Man's world as their champion.
>>
>>87891374
Dude that would be an epic cast of guys dicking around the universe. My hope would be to expand on DCs cosmic stories since nowadays in DC, anything space=lanterns only.
>>
>>87891472
Does Diana become salty that they let a man become champion and become his big villain?
>>
>>87891192

I once had an Elseworlds idea where Queen Hippolyte prays for a child and instead of telling her to mold a baby out of clay, the goddesses divert Kal's space ship. Cue Superman being raised on Paradise Island.
>>
Superman goes to Warworld and wrestles various big guys.
>>
>>87891192
Lex Luthor initiates a devious plan to take Superman's powers and make them his own. While he does succeed in draining Superman of his powers, he accidentally transfers them to Jimmy Olsen instead!

Now Clark has to both deal with the loss of his abilities, and train Jimmy to be the Superman that Metropolis needs. But when Metallo attacks, will either of them be ready?
>>
Something creates a rift between worlds and timelines (we're assuming that the multiverse isn't limited to 52 worlds) and Superman has to hunt down the perp after a few attacks from less than ideal worlds puts his Earth in danger. It takes him and possible some of his peers on a journey through the multiverse, and along the way Superman is forced to deal with issues that are varying degrees of solvable. And perhaps not everything is supposed to be solved.
>>
>>87891374
so basically Supermna trying to contain 5 egos collectively as massive as the cosmos they explore? Fuck, I'd read that just for the memes!
>>
>>87891618
I'd read it
>>
Do some Planet Hulk shit, get him out of his element.

Remember that episode of JLU where Superman gets hurled into the future where Vandal Savage was fighting mutant cockroaches? That, except it's a future where Humanity is dead and earth has become a sort of alien dumping ground, a backwater transit station where smuggler and crime bosses do business. Supes is depowered to his Golden Age self and has to deal with not only being the last son of Krypton, but Earth as well. Slowly, he build a sort of persona as a phantom guardian of Earth using unearthed Justice League stuff and trickery to protect the innocent and build a new life amidst the ruins.
>>
Forgive me if this has been done before (I'd be surprised if it hasn't)

Pitch: Elseworlds story where real time has passed since Superman landed on earth in the early 20th century.
Lois and Jimmy and everyone else are gone and the modern world feels completely alien to the near immortal Kryptonian.
The world still needs superman to defend it from powerful alien threats, but does Superman need the world, or even want anything to do with it or it's people anymore?
Superman had thought he would be an inspiration for humans to do better, to be better. but what happens when they don't? when everything seems worse to him?

I suppose it would be kind of like the superman equivalent to Dark Knight Returns but hopefully more positive and hopeful.
>>
Jon Kent turns out to be a total psychopath, Superman has to figure out what to do with his murderous, indestructable son
>>
>>87891242
Basically the opposite of Grounded? He realises that there are issues in space and sets out on a journey to deal with them? Spaced?
>>
Through a series of wacky misunderstandings, Superman kills and has to replace the US President.
>>
>>87891192
Lex Luthor tells the global warming people that Superman's farts are causing global warming. Superman is now unable to use his super farts to fly and now he can only run super fast and jump, but one day he is forced to use his flying. This causes a bunch of environmentalists and celebs to go after Superman and put him in jail. They win after using machines that end up causing massive amounts of destruction and pollution and loss of life because Superman is too busy fighting these people instead of saving people. In the end it was revealed that his farts are not causing global warming and Lex Luthor and Leonardo Dicaprio are sent to jail
>>
New Krypton but actually good.
>>
Due to a reality warping cosmic entity, Superman's entire life history is rewritten so that he was a Nazi the entire time!
>>
File: AOS-16[1].jpg (470KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
AOS-16[1].jpg
470KB, 900x1384px
>>87891666
The idea that the world ages but Superman doesn't was done by Joe Keatinge in an absolutely phenomenal Adventures of Superman story.

The idea that Superman grows disillusioned and misanthropic over time was done in a shitty fan comic that made the rounds a couple years back.
>>
>>87891797
I really liked New Krypton.
>>
>>87891797
Oh man, I rewrote New Krypton so many times in my head over the years. Such a cool concept with such flawed execution.
>>
Rocket lands in Harlem.
>>
>>87891750
I'm thinking either that, or his pod malfunctioned and he was taken in by some group of space people or something so all he's known is the cosmos. I'd like input on how this could work without the whole "becomes a weapon/conqueror shit" and instead just does some hero-ish stuff with other peeps across space.
>>
Baby Kal-El's rocket lands on paradise island.
>>
>>87891835
White baby or black baby? Choose wisely or be SJWaid.
>>
>>87891864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfAvQp-Uk5I
>>
>>87891835
Super Luke Cage
>>
>>87891613
I always really liked the idea of Superman in a shonen-style tournament setting with the strongest dudes in the universe competing. Superman rarely gets to cut loose so it would be cool to see him fight all-out without fear of collateral damage.
>>
>>87891320
the whole point of having principles is that you stick to them even when it's not easy or convenient
>>
>>87891930
I really want this. Just let him brawl against the biggest and the baddest
>>
>>87891192
Kara lands before him and raises him.
Book is about him growing up feeling alienated and wary of humans due to his mother's paranoia, until he softens up and becomes the Superman we know.
>>
>>87891192
How about if he fights Darkseid?
>>
A Daily Planet ongoing series. I've wanted one forever.
>>
>>87891666
Already done in a fan comic called God's End.
>>
>>87891666
Isn't Superman coming back DKR style to right an humanity gone wrong already done in Kingdom Come?
>>
>>87891666
Wasn't Superman & Batman Generations like this?
I've been meaning to read it but haven't gotten around to it yet.
>>
>>87891666
Superman not aging it's probably going to be done when Mark Millar does his Superman story. He already had that idea for his movie pitch.
>>
>>87891884
That would actually be pretty hilarious.
>>87892062
Or Doomsday, even better.
>>
>>87891192
Superman: The Kind Titan

A story of Superman from the eyes of a young boy and how Superman effects his life until he's an old man. Including his many adventures and feats. It'll feature the Justice League in some parts and every villain popular to the Superman mythos

The story has bookends of Superman saving this guy as his first and "final" rescue. The first was saving a bus with the man as a kid and then Superman saves him years later from a burning building.

Consider it similar to Superman For All Seasons.
>>
>>87892348

There's no immortality aspect in Generations, supes and bats grow old and die and their children and grandchildren continue the good fight.
>>
>>87891930
It could be really fun and awesome if draw by a competent artist who knows how to do fights. Otherwise it would be boring and generic.
>>
>>87891192
I've got one, a biography about Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and the creation of Superman. In the vein of Paul Dini's Dark Night, it'd feature Joe and Jerry talking to the character. I'd call it "Superman: Action '38"
>>
>>87892557

Superman and Batman are immortal in Generations. Superman is naturally kryptonian and Bruce Wayne took a dip in the lazerus pit. Everyone else gets old and dies but Batman and Superman were forever.
>>
File: logo.png (5KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
5KB, 500x350px
>>87893140
>>
>>87891192

Kal introducing Jon to the kids of the adult Legion.

Imra and Garth's kid. Jo and Tinya's. Rokk and Lydda's. Even Wildfire and Dawnstar managed to produce offspring.

(surprise reveal, one of the kids is Querl and Kara's kid, Jon's very distant 2nd cousin)
>>
Introduce back Kryptonian aspects of Superman. Except for Johns failed attempt, they have been negligible since the reboot. Bring back City of Kandor to prominence, bring back Superman emergency squad, trippy red K and Nightwing and Flamebird. Also, reintroduce sword of Superman. Most would be small stakes stories, but it would lead to a Superman exile like space journey. But this time, Superman goes on a quest for self discovery as he learns about the sword of Superman, which he heard about for the first time from his dying father, who had frequent dreams about it. He now hears it from an escaped Phantom Zone prisoner again. Upon being asked about it, Kandor Council inform him about an ancient Kryptonian story about the sword of Superman, but they think that it's an old wives tale and is beneath the much advanced Kryptonian society. But Superman leaves Earth anyway, and has to go on a journey through space, different dimensions and time to the beginning of creation to find the secrets of the sword of Superman, and to understand his place in the universe.
>>
>>87891613
Mongul gives up the old barbaric ways of warworld and turns it into a pro wrestling promotion.
>>
>>87893871
Make it happen
>>
Superman '78

It is basically set in the same universe as the Donner films, although it definitely has some elements of Superman Returns, but not all that much.

It's connected to Batman 66' and Wonder Woman '77, and serves as a prequel of sorts to a Super Friends series.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.