[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wally is the fan favorite flash >Always gets shafted in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 11

File: Flash1[1].jpg (46KB, 373x400px) Image search: [Google]
Flash1[1].jpg
46KB, 373x400px
>Wally is the fan favorite flash
>Always gets shafted in adaptations and even in the comics until recently
Why?
>>
>>87889796
>What is DCAU
>What is Young Justice
>>
>>87889796
He's always going to be the best Flash thanks to DCAU and Young Justice has a loyal fanbase.

It's the comics part that's problem, they keep pushing Barry as THE BESTEST EVER there so they bury keep bury him. If Ezra's Flash flops, they may try bringing him more front.

Until then....
>>
>>87889796
Barry is way, way more popular than Wally. The show alone makes him more popular and more people buy Flash than they do Titans if you want to talk JUST comics fans.

People forget that the last time Wally had a solobook the sales were the worst The Flash has ever been. Even Barry's worst New 52 numbers (Venditti era) are better than Wally's second stint in 2007-2008. It was so bad that Wally's "finale" before the first Flash Rebirth wasn't even fucking ordered by stores.
>>
>>87890590
Why the fuck they kicked Johns out of Barry's title before Flashpoint then? Why the fuck we didn't get to see all the shit he planned out? They told me it was because he wasn't selling. I WANT MY REVERSE FLASH CORPS WAR!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>87890958
>reverse flash corps

jesus what a one trick writer
>>
>>87890590
lmao barry sold worse than wally during new 52.

he exists because
> oldfags at editorial
> didio hates dick & wally
> easier to adapt movies

that's really it.
>>
>>87890590
Damn. Barry is the best Flash.
>>
Same reason Babs became Batgirl again and Hal is alive: DC Editorial is fucking full of Silver Age nostalgiafags.

Wish they were Golden Age fags instead, honestly.
>>
>>87891104
Based fucking Didio, really the hero we need
>>
>>87891104
No, he didn't. Barry's worst sales are around 32,000. Wally's? Go check all the ones #240 and higher, 26,000. Absolute dogshit for a name like The Flash.

Venditti's run was 10x worse than even Wally's swan song garbage but people were still buying it at a significant rate more than Wally's lowest.

Barry is massively more popular than Wally. There's a modest contingent of bitter nostalgia fags on the internet and in comic stores who blast on about how great Wally is, but there's not enough of them to put their money where their mouth is.

I think the outrage over Wally is just the same faggots who always find something to get mad about in their shitty hobby because they think it's not as good as it was when they were 12.

Barry > Wally in every way that matters, money and marketability. Wally can't even outsell Barry directly after starring in a huge event book and getting a team book that should help draw in fans of other characters like Dick and Donna.

Christ, you Wallyfags don't even know what you're talking about. Didio didn't even want to bring Barry back, EVS has gone on record that Didio rejected the idea multiple times and only caved when, GASP, Wally's run was selling like shit and they had to do something.

The only person to blame for Wally's failure is his fans. Not enough of them, or atleast not enough who actually buy comics.
>>
>>87891822
addendum you faggots should be enthused that Johns is also a Wallyfag. That's the only reason he ever came back, because there certainly wasn't good business in it short of the one event comic that everyone would've bought anyhow because Watchmen.
>>
>>87889843
>What is Young Justice
He said Flash not Kid Flash
>>
>>87891267
How dare they bring back and promote the characters who more people like and more people buy comics of when they star in them.

Newsflash, asshole, DC's a business. They're not always the brightest but if there was some demonstrable insight that Wally, Kyle, or Cass/Steph sold better than their "silver age" counterparts then they'd still be leading their books. It's the same reason they cancel good books that don't sell -- they have to go with what sells in the long run.

The reason they're not is their books were suffering and, gasp, going back to the old shit more people liked increased sales. It's the same reason that, even through they brought all of these characters "everyone" loves back that they don't star in their own books.

Their fit to be supporting characters. They haven't been able to hold their own titles since the early 00s.
>>
>>87891822
>>87891866
You are extremely bitter about a fictional character, anon.
>>
>>87889843
The only thing Young Justice did is make more people associate him as Kid Flash forever instead of Flash. If anything it helped ruin any shot he had at being a big time character again.

He'll forever be a supporting role to Barry's #1.
>>
>>87891822

Making wally black is going to permanently cap his growth.

So barryfags will never have to worry now.
>>
>>87891993
White Wally is also back though.
Black Wally is a different character
>>
>>87891985
I'm bitter about the constant Wally whinging. It's just so fucking played out. Even when they make him the star character of their super promoted event book people still bitch about muh Wally and how poorly DC treats him.

Maybe being a dick is the only way they'll learn. It is 4chan, after all.
>>
>>87891993
They unblacked him by making the black version not him at all.

Doesn't really matter. All he's good for now is the rare Flash cameo and being sequestered in Titans. That's all he was ever going to be the second they announced Flash Rebirth in 2008.
>>
>>87892047
Legacy characters were a mistake, at least Flash and Batman are the only ones that got it bad. GL and Superman are safe for now.
>>
there's a cruel god. He's doing ok on CW
>>
There is one Barryfag who keeps making stupid threads and long autistic replies since Wally came back. Now he switched to falseflagging instead.

Stay butthurt faggot. Barry's comics are still mediocre.
>>
>>87891971
Jesus, you're passive aggressive little bitch, aren't you?

I'm not denying that money and fan response plays a role, but editorial inclination plays a huge role. Books live longer than they should or die faster based on the biases of the guys upstairs. If you think cold, hard numbers play a bigger role that's fine, but don't be the kind of dumbass who thinks any of these companies don't act on editorial bias.
>>
>>87892114
Barry is a legacy character so that's not it.

It's just about who sells better. That's it. Barry basically does purely because he's simpler to understand and most people who read comics don't care about deep characterization or anything. They just want some simple superhero shit to read and that's what Barry's best at.

Wally had a solid run that outdid expectations. There was some good writing but people mostly like the stupid power level bullshit that people like in cape comics. That's why his sales tanked under Johns, after all. Too much character work, not enough zoomgoesfast nonsense.
>>
File: 1348363689607.jpg (73KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1348363689607.jpg
73KB, 1000x750px
>>87892072
>All he's good for now is the rare Flash cameo and being sequestered in Titans.
>>
>>87889896
Barry has NEVER done any of the shit Wally has. Wally ran literally infinity miles per second before.
>>
>>87892198
The only reason the legacies every got a chance is the sales of their predecessors faltered. That's it.

It's not because they're "better" characters. It's not because they have more fans. They're crapshoot shots at drumming up sales, a couple of them stuck for a bit but they revert back to the older, more established stuff because that's what they'll always do.

Blame superfriends.
>>
>>87891822
> He doesn't know about DCYou sales

Anon, Barry closed his new 52 run around 25k. Stop making shit out of your ass.
>>
>>87892217
I don't like it anymore than you but you had to know that he was never actually going to be important again the second Barry came back.

He'll maybe get some play in the Watchmen story arc but it's just going to be the Justice League saving the day at the end.
>>
>>87891971
Except Wally's during the 90s sold far better than pre Crisis barry.
>>
>>87889843
>Always gets shafted in adaptations and even in the comics until recently

>DCAU
>recent
Are we in 2002?
>>
>>87892114
>Legacy characters were a mistake
>GL [is] safe for now.
Uh...anon?
>>
>>87891866
>Wasn't good business
>Wally's return is praised by fans
>>
>>87892256
Flash #51 was 35k. Flash #52 was 32K, his worst sales to date. It's literally exactly what I said it was.

Wally's closeout before they gave him the boot was 26k.
>>
>>87892235
that's what makes barryfags so assmad, his accomplishments are either done better by wally or just aren't there at all.

he just gets shilled by the entire universe.
>>
>>87892295
Wally's run never sold better than the height of silver age Barry comics, dude. Not even fucking close.

It's hard to reproduce 60/70s sales in the post crisis era. That's not really a fair comparison for Wally.
>>
>>87892290
>>87892217
I wish Barry was brought back only once nu52 started. It would have allowed for the reconned reverse flash killing Barry's mom thing make more sense AND it would have meant that Wally got to keep his legacy. On top of that all it would have meant that Wally seeing Barry again during Rebirth would have been 10 X more amazing since it would have been their first time seeing each other in nearly 30 years.
>>
>>87891822
WALLYFAGS BTFO HOW CAN THEY EVER RECOVER?!
>>
>>87892320
Everyone got the Rebirth bump. It's a relaunch.

Give it the full year, once the luster's gone, and we'll see Titans sales plummet back to normal. Like I said, even with the huge event push Wally's TEAM book sells less than Barry's solo. That's actually embarrassing.
>>
>>87892235
>>87892352

You guys should read silver age shit. Barry ran infinitely fast a dozen times. Ran on lightrays, punched people so hard they went through time blah blah.

Wally's never done anything close to Barry, people just haven't read the silly old Silver Age shit because the dialogue is hokey. Barry crushes Wally in a power level fight.
>>
Of course Nu 52 Bally is going to sell like shit. People grew up with some quirky ginger Wally Flash of JLU or Young Justice Kid Flash, not that niggaboo punk like he is now.

A character assassination like that is right up there with Captain Marvel being sidelined for decades because DC hates him.
>>
>>87892418
Post an example anon.
I am calling BS.
>>
>>87892418
Don't be stupid anon, /co/ does not read comics.
>>
File: 1452668.gif (2MB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
1452668.gif
2MB, 245x220px
> it's just one butthurt barryfag samefagging the entire thread

christ
>>
>>87891822
>Wally sold bad once so no one likes him
>Lets ignore the the 90s and early 2000nds
>>
>>87892253
>The only reason the legacies every got a chance is the sales of their predecessors faltered
There's plenty that don't follow that rule, but I'll give you that most Western comics take the shitty path of only doing legacy characters to boost sales.
>>
>>87892467
>that victim complex
Damn.
>>
>>87892047
So why hasn't he gotten a good adaptation outside of JL animated?
>>
>>87892303
Quick we have to warn congress before they vote to go to war with Iraq. The CIA lied, there are no WMDs.
>>
>>87892392
>Implying
That's like shitting on Batman because Robin sold better than BATB.
>>
>>87892418
Everyone was off the rails in Silver Age.
>>
>>87892361
Ok but Barry's Pre-crisis sells just before it were shit. There is a reason they killed Barry off you know.
>>
>>87892316
IT'S ONLY A LEGACY IF I DON'T LIKE IT REEEEEE
>>
File: co rec flash.jpg (134KB, 400x730px) Image search: [Google]
co rec flash.jpg
134KB, 400x730px
>Practically everything on /co/'s own fucking list is Wally Flash.
>>
>>87892467
How dare I state easily googleable facts.

>>87892493
Anyone brought on as an intentional long term replacement follows that rule.
>>
>>87892622
>/co/ is biased toward a minor character

No fucking shit, this is the same board that can't stop overrating Nightwing and acts if Dickbats was THE ONLY TIME BATMAN WAS GOOD!!! too
>>
>>87892392
> Flash got shilled by everyone on social media
> DC didn't even advertise Titans
> Titans got a shit artist
> Flash was picked by normies while nobody knew about Titans

DC didn't want/believe Titans to sell at all and just published as a hush note to nostalgiafags. The sales are pretty damn good so far and it's always right behind Flash on digital sales too.

If anything, Titans are outperforming their expectations.
>>
>>87892657
And these opinions are JUST here? Got proof?
>>
>>87892622
That is because Wally's was just objectively the best. He broke the mold of what to expect for a typical Cape.
>Popular character dies and STAYS DEAD (until rebirth of course)
>Other character has to fill his shoes
>We actually see him age
>We actually see him grow and change as a character rather than being static
>He gets stronger but in a decently paced way
>he comes to terms with his mentors death and surpasses him
>>
>>87892316
the GL corps are too different from Alan Scott so it doesn't count
>>
>>87892665
How is Titans? I've been tempted to read it (honestly purely for Wally and maybe Dick) but the other characters do nothing for me.
>>
What made Wednesday comic Barry the best Barry?
>>
File: flash wally titans 2.jpg (182KB, 777x1200px) Image search: [Google]
flash wally titans 2.jpg
182KB, 777x1200px
>>87892392

>implying the Wally Bump isn't real
>>
>>87892717

that's a pretty ginger-y blackman, anon.
>>
>>87892657
Are you denying the FACT that Wally's run is better than anything Golden and silver have done?
>>
>>87892665
Flash has a shit artist and a shit writer, too. What's your point?

Titans was kept a secret because they didn't want to spoil Rebirth. After Rebirth it should've gotten a fucking enormous sales bump if Wally was actually a draw to a large contingent of fans.

But it wasn't. It's in line with everything else, which is a minor disappointment for a team book. They advertised it by making Wally the main character of Rebirth and then putting him in that comic.

This is the internet age. Everyone who wanted to read about Wally knew where to find him. It's not 1995, you don't have to put ads in other books for something to be known.
>>
>>87892739
You do realise that Black Wally is a different character, right?
>>
>>87892622
I agree Wally's stories are better. That's not the point. It's about what more people like, and more people like Barry. A lot more.
>>
>>87892693
But DC just wants to throw that all away? From arguably BEST FLASH to off in limbo to demoted to pseudo-main of some series hardly anyone knows/cares about?

Don't get me wrong, I love Barry too but how does one just wipe out such a great character?
>>
>>87892665
>Wally will never get a solo run again
If new 52 was really going to be a reboot (like it was intended) it would have been interesting to see Crisis on Infinite earths retold and Barry dying again.
I am a bit sad that that wont happen now.
>>
>>87892717
Yeah, the bump that makes him sell less than Barry Allen.
>>
>>87892794
Why'd they even make Bally? Just "muh diversity"?
>>
>>87892801
DC didn't want to throw it away. Didio didn't want it to happen -- they were just in a pickle because Wally was selling so badly and they needed to come up with something.

They even tried BART before they brought back Barry. And they gave Wally another shot after Bart. Barry was the fourth fucking option and he's stuck. There's something to it.
>>
>>87892767
I want to read about Wally
But I don't want to have to deal with the rest.
That is pretty much how most other people are feeling.
>>
>>87892767
This, let's also not forget all the hype they built around it with all the LOST TITAN shit
>>
>>87892833
Because they knew Wally in the show was going to be black and thought, hey, let's get some synergy. Then the writing was bad so racism + bad writing + bitchy wally fans just waiting for something = huge blow up
>>
>>87892847
Except Flash Rebirth sold half of what they expected.
Wally sold great for most of his run. Just get rid of a character every time he happens to not sell well? Barry was selling almost as bad.
>>
>>87892655
>Anyone brought on as an intentional long term replacement follows that rule.
You've got balls to pretend every long-term replacement is entirely driven by money rather than story in a world where Prophet is a best-selling comic.
>>
>>87892855
Most casuals don't mind Booth, anon.

Sales for Booth's Flash were the same as Manapul's later Flash arcs (after the New 52 #1 reboot bump was gone). That's about as big a drop off in quality as can be but both were around 35-37k.
>>
>>87892820
That is because Wally is the only character people care about. If it weren't for Wally Titans wouldn't even be selling half as good.
>>
>>87892694
Okay, so Jaime, Kamala and Robbie are fine too, right?
>>
>>87892884
What do you know about what DC "expected" ?

Do you have their board room meetings notes or something? You only know what they expect after they cancel shit.
>>
Anyone else think Wally's personality in the DCAU is interchangeable with Barry's?
>>
>>87892890
Name a long lasting cape legacy who didn't come in after the person they were taking over for was in a poor selling comic.

I'm not talking about new characters who are made to work with their predecessor. I'm talking legit replacements like Wally and Kyle.
>>
>>87892714
It's pretty good desu. Even art isn't as bad as I feared.

>>87892767
Flash doesn't have shit artist wtf? DC didn't shill Titans even after Wally made it's debut. No hype was created for normies to try out. They shilled TEEN Titans with Damian and Black Wally instead and that's the one who underperformed.

Abnett wasn't even invited to Wondercon this year while they brought in Williamson and Percy.

You can delude yourself all you want, that's the truth.
>>
File: 46428840_p1.jpg (488KB, 715x697px) Image search: [Google]
46428840_p1.jpg
488KB, 715x697px
>>87892847
It's a damn shame, but I understand.

Hopefully the new Flash craze from CW and maybe the eventual film will help. I know I have a hell of a time finding any non-Rebirth Flash comics at my LCS because of it all.
>>
>>87892934
Well they did cancel it. They had Nu52 and remade Barry into a very different character.
>>
>>87892960

i don't understand your question
>>
>>87892915
I don't read marvel stuff
>>
>>87892908
So? It's the only Wally book. If he was more popular than Barry he'd sell more than Barry. Doubly so after the huge fucking Rebirth push he got.

but he isn't. Titans is selling nearly 20k less than Flash the past couple months. It's a dead end book because no one cares that much about Wally.
>>
>>87892976
>Film
Too bad it's basically confirmed to be shit with people leaving it and still no director only a month before filming.
Also the movies Barry doesn't look or feel like Barry to me.
>>
>>87892862
Sounds like quite the recipe there. I'd stand outside of the blast radius if I wasn't fuming myself.
>>
>>87892999
I already explained it.
I love Wally. He is my favorite DC character. But I don't want to read a book where I only care about ONE character out of 5 others.
>>
>>87892982
That was an entire linewide thing. Barry was the one who survived the reboot, after all, so clearly he was the part that was working.

If anything, the New 52 is the pure expression of my point. They only kept the shit they thought would sell, which is why GL and Batman kept their history but Flash, whose history was primary Wally based, got a clean slate that was centered solely on Barry.

The fact that they deemed Wally's history a hindrance to Barry says a lot about how badly Wally was selling and how little it mattered to their market strategy. Didio and Johns clearly don't hate Wally. They were under the gun and needed to make money fast, and ditching Wally was part of that equation.
>>
>>87892970
Perhaps I'll grab an issue and hope for the best.
>>
>>87893048
>N-No it is Wally's fault that Barry wasn't selling
kek. Sure anon
>>
>>87893026
Yeah I pretty much expect the film to be an utter trainwreck; best case scenario unless they REALLY get their shit together asap.
>>
>>87892999
Wally's book sells more than Hal Jordan and Friends, so what nobody cares about Hal or GL?

Your rationale doesn't make any sense because the book is selling fine. Most Wallyfags also buy the main Flash book, they are not as spiteful as Barryfags.
>>
>>87893047
That's stupid. People buy Justice League in droves because it attracts any fans of a particularly character (obviously, primarily, Batman these days).

But that's the point, really. You may like Wally but not enough to buy the only book he's in. People buy Barry's book because they like Barry enough to spend money to see him.

I mean fuck, Titans has basically been a Wally West solo since it came out. Might as well have been called Wally West and the Titans. The main characters are Wally, Linda, and fucking Abra Kadabra. It's a Waid homage. And yet you're still. not. buying. it.

Shit's like you who complain but don't spend when DC tries to give you what you whine about is my exact fucking gripe. Stop bitching when they try to give you what you want but, because it's not absolutely perfect, you refuse. Do you throw your food back at the chef because one of the side dishes is slightly too salty?
>>
>>87892960
>Name a long lasting cape legacy who didn't come in after the person they were taking over for was in a poor selling comic.
>All these fucking qualifiers when the original point was just legacy characters.
Holy fucking shit, anon.

But if you wanna play that game: Ted Kord. Dan Garret didn't sell poorly.
Same with Vision, but you'll either cry "too different!" or "too far apart!"
And let's not forget Rene Montoya, although, again, it wasn't mid-run so I doubt it "counts."
>>
>>87893103

I'm a gigantic Wallyfag and I only buy Flash because Fuck Brett Booth. Will buy fill in issues tho.
>>
>>87893047
>I love Wally. He is my favorite DC character. But I don't want to read a book where I only care about ONE character out of 5 others.

I'm in the exact same boat as you here.
>>
>>87892990
Jaime's a DC character.
>>
>>87893090
They wanted to make Wally books after Rebirth 1.0 but didn't because they knew it'd be a waste of money in a trying financial time.

So yes, Wally was the drag, especially pre-flashpoint. Barry's as popular as he's ever been. He's outselling Superman and Wonder Woman. The only solo character above him is Batman (and supergirl for a little bit but that's because her shit was #1 and #2).

Barry's the big dog. Wally's the sidekick. Natural state of things, I suppose.
>>
>>87893114
Justice League is literally all A-Listers.
Titans is not.
>>
I like how anon is arguing that Barry getting pushed is like a natural thing and not because EVS begged Didio for a fucking decade to do it as a follow up to bringing back Hal and eventually he and Johns gave in.
>>
>>87893129
What? How the fuck does a 30 years after cancellation NOT count?
>>
>>87892960
Is 20 years long? Because anon already said Prophet.
>>
>>87893175
b-b-but anon wally and dick are a listers
>>
>>87893157
Barry will never have a better Flash story than Wally :):)
>>
File: 1273132318158.jpg (56KB, 550x355px) Image search: [Google]
1273132318158.jpg
56KB, 550x355px
>>87893152
Blue Beetle?

... fuck I miss Ted.
>>
>>87893204
Oh, so it does count?
Glad we agree. So, Question. And the other two since they weren't addressed.
>>
>>87893224
Not that anon but I can't even name the rest of the schmucks in Titans aside from Wally and Dick.
>>
>>87893194
Yeah, it was considered farfetched for awhile. Until they actually did it. And now Barry's selling better than Wally ever did in his entire career.
>>
>>87893114
I know everyone in Justice league simply because they are all huge names. But even then Solo runs generally sell better by the same logic I just used.
>>
>>87893259
That's the joke, doofus.

>>87893231
Ted's in the current Blue Beetle book, anon. And yeah, Jaime and Ted are farther apart than Alan and Hal.
>>
>>87893250
I'm pretty sure Question and Vision don't count as selling well before they were replaced. That's my point. They don't replace character who are selling well with legacies just because it seems creatively right. They do it for a cash grab, trying to attach the name to something new.
>>
>>87893301
Vision's comic sold extremely well when he was phased out due to Kirby parting with Marvel at the time. It was Timely's best-seller. There was no reason, financially, NOT to bring old Vision back. They just didn't feel like it. Shit, they brought OG Vision back LATER because it sounded like a cool idea for an Invaders story.

You can keep shoving goalposts up your ass, but there have been plenty of "just because" legacies.
>>
>>87892693
>We actually see him grow and change as a character rather than being static
Really? From what I read he seems like a cunt who wants to be paid for running around.
>>
>>87893264

>tfw all comic sales sites i can find only go back to mid 90s
>>
>>87893157
>Wally is the side kick
That isn't event he case any more.
But considering there are literally 3 to 4 batman comics running at a time give me one reason why Wally can't also have a solo?
>B-But Barry is popular
yeah, and that is why it would be a good idea to have another Flash comic as well to capitalize on that fact.
>>
>>87893370
I'd like some proof.
>>
>>87893474
That encompasses most of Wally's run.

Wally never went above 50K. Barry's at 70k right now.
>>
>>87893264
[citation needed]
>>
>>87893264
>A comic during the biggest comic relaunch in decades is selling better than one that wasn't during that time
Current Barry run is Meh tier. it is selling good because of the show and rebirth.
>>
>>87893544

Wally started in 86 bro
>>
>>87893544
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the show or rebirth. It is all that BARRY LOVE right :)
>>
So we can all agree that Wally should get a solo run right?
>>
>>87893510
I meant sidekick in a metaphorical sense. He is Barry's spinoff character, Barry's derivative. For awhile there was both a real world and fictional sense that Wally had surpassed Barry, but neither is really the case anymore.

Batman can have a lot of comics because Batman comics sell. Titans isn't selling superhot relative to the rest of Rebirth. Why would they take a risk on a new Wally West series when he can't even flourish with a team book?

That's all this Titans arc is. A test run for a Wally lead book. It's as close to a rerun of Wally's glory days as you can get. And it's selling monumentally worse than Barry.

The point isn't that Wally couldn't possibly have a solo (I personally doubt it'd do particularly well on any long term basis. Without The Flash name it's not gonna prosper). It's about all this horseshit about how Barry's so shitty and bad and Wally should be The Flash and Barry should've never come back.

All Barry coming back has done is made them more money than Wally ever did or could. So they definitely made the right call. More people like and read Barry. A LOT more. Even if it's not on some nerdy comic site's "best flash stories."
>>
JUST GIVE WALLY A CHANCE HE WOULD SELL BETTER THAN BATMAN AND SUPERAN COMBINED! EVERYONE LOVES HIM AND WANTS A COMIC ABOUT HIM!
>>
>>87893619
>Why would they take a risk on a new Wally West series
Because Flash is selling well and it is selling well enough to justify a spin off just like how supes has spin offs.
Titans is selling better than it would have without wally. Wally is the only reason it is selling at all. This is why Wally needs to get his own run.
>>
>>87893521
I think the fact that they NAMED THEIR FUCKING COMPANY AFTER IT might indicate that it sold well.

Marvel Mystery Comics was a big fucking deal. Vision was phased out long before sales slumped as pretty much everything but Cap, Namor and Torch did.
>>
>>87893550
>>87893587

The show isn't a point against Barry. It's not like you could make a show about Wally West the same way, anyhow.

Wally's in the show too. He's admittedly shit but so is everything in it.

People liking Barry because of the show is a great thing. A lot of people only like Wally because they thought he was funny in the JL cartoon and looked him up in the comics. That's not a bad thing -- people liked an aspect of the character in another media so followed the breadcrumbs to the source. It's benefited both of them.
>>
>>87893619
>Titans, is selling worse than flash
Are you actually pretending like this isn't to be expected?
Titans isn't a big name. THE FLASH is.
The Flash is up there with Superman in how much the average person knows about him.
Titans has nothing to help it sell.
>>
>>87893654
No one said this. But he would do as good as Dick or the many Superman spin offs.
>>
>>87893676
That would be the case for making another Barry book. The Flash isn't selling well because of ginger Wally West.
>>
It's simple.

Wally may be the fastest flash but Barry is a much more interesting character than Wally is.
>>
>>87893706
Yeah but you can't go
>Look Barry is selling better, must be because people like barry more
As if it isn't because of the situation it is in.
>>
>>87893708
>a book with fan-favorite Wally and Dick
>selling worse than the one with boring lame Barry that no one likes
>>
>>87893708
The Flash isn't a bigger name than Superman or Wonder Woman and he's selling better than them.

People want to read about Barry. People aren't searching out and buying Titans despite Wally's grand return in the most ostentatious way possible. It's not like it's a small gap, either. It's monstrous.

You know what Titans has to help sell itself? It's the only fucking book with the protagonist of the big goddamn event they did. That should've sold it.
>>
>>87893758
>Barry is a much more interesting character than Wally is
Have you never read their comics before anon?
Current Barry is literally based off of Wally.
>>
File: 789999.gif (1MB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
789999.gif
1MB, 400x254px
>>87893758
>>
>>87893740
He definitely wouldn't do better than Dick. Dick's got the Batman tie-in.

Maybe Superman but...all the Superman spinoffs get fucking cancelled anyhow.
>>
>>87893780
The Flash is now. He has a show and has been getting more popular in the last few years.
>>
>>87893805
>>87893794
He may not be interesting to you but Deadmom McScientist is more interesting to regular folks than "Kid who wants to be a superhero and his superhero foster dad died so he did."

Wally's shit is convoluted. It has more depth but normies don't care about death.
>>
>>87893832
Superman had like 2 movies. So no, that's not quite right. Movies have a way fucking bigger impact than tv shows, as Wolverine and Marvel in general can attest. Heck, as can Superman years back.
>>
>>87893836
So you admit you only starting reading Flash AFTER they started basing him off of Wally.
>>
>>87893619
>That's all this Titans arc is. A test run for a Wally lead book. It's as close to a rerun of Wally's glory days as you can get. And it's selling monumentally worse than Barry.

You are an autist. It's a test and it already succeeded because Wally had absolutely nothing going on for him, he was away for 5 years and yet he sold pretty damn good.

You are really trying hard to make it sound like Wally's book as a failure but it isn't.
>>
>>87893836
nothing deep about stealing someone else's legacy
people want the original not a cheap knock-off
>>
>>87893858
The Flash is selling better than supes.
Also people who liked the superman movie apparently don't pick up the comics after.
>>
>>87893862
What? No. I even said earlier that part of why Barry may be popular is that they shaved off enough of what people liked about Wally and grafted it onto him for him to stick.

Wally got the same treatment when he took over, as did Barry when he took over for Jay.
>>
File: Barry Allen in Marvel Comics.jpg (93KB, 636x361px) Image search: [Google]
Barry Allen in Marvel Comics.jpg
93KB, 636x361px
>>87889796

Just because you watched the Justice League tv show growing up doesn't mean that Barry isn't best Flash.
>>
>>87893885

Bingo
>>
>>87893865

yeah dude coming out of nowhere is carrying a book to similar numbers to the guy DC has been pushing INCREDIBLY HARD for Wally's entire absence
>>
>>87893885

except not because Jay Garrick exists ?
>>
>>87893885
I'm the one arguing for Barry and even I know that's stupid. Jay's the original.

>>87893894
That's my point. It can't just be the show, otherwise Superman's big ass blockbuster movies would've had an impact. I think people just want to read about Barry Allen and The Flash and now was a good time to start. And I'm speaking about normie comic fans, not people who watch shows and movies.

Wally? Not so much. No one cares.
>>
>>87889796
why are Wallyfags so insufferable?
>>
>>87893955
except no one cared about him until the Meme Society of America and everyone acting as "omg these character forgotten by history because they were as lame and one dimensional as Zatara are so much better than modern heroes!"
>>
>>87893865
Please. He was the main character of Rebirth. That alone should've drug in more fans than anything else. People just stopped reading Titans. It's #1 numbers were the same as The Flash's. People tried, they didn't see Watchmen, and they left. Folks just didn't care about Wally's shit despite years of "fans" saying he's the more popular, better Flash.

He clearly fucking isn't, and it's not even close to being close.
>>
>>87893619
>And it's selling monumentally worse than Barry.

Of course Titans is selling like shit. It has zero advertising. "OH, look at FLASH, and look at TEEN TITANS, but ignore that other Titans thing eh."

Meanwhile Barry-Flash has its previous momentum pre-rebirth, plus the cw show
>>
>>87893969

Because they grew up watching / reading Wally so they automatically say he is best. It's like the faggots who argue who the best doctor is in doctor who...and inevitably say the first one they watched was the best.
>>
>>87893962
Movies don't impact characters like Superman because everyone already knows he exists and there are comics about him, the boost only happens with minor heroes people aren't aware off
>>
wouldn't a better indication of Wally's effect be comparing numbers for Titans Hunt and Titans?
>>
>>87894020
What advertising is Flash getting that Titans isn't?

And pre-rebirth momentum? The book was selling mediocrely. People didn't want to jump in at #40 something. Now that it's fresh everyone wants and still wants Barry. And as I said, the show isn't a point against Barry. It's one of the many reasons people like him more. The show isn't something you could do with Wally anyhow.

Dead mom and murder mystery is Barry's schtick, people like it. So they watch his show, read his comics, blah blah. Wally's lightning rod rags to riches hero story isn't as interesting as you guys think it is, atleast not to normal folks.
>>
>>87894021
is there going to be a small vocal group of Bartfags in 5-7 years?
>>
>>87894139
Maybe from Young Justice but Bart never had a serious comics presence as The Flash so there's not an already bitter community to nestle into.
>>
Atleast we can all agree they're shitty dads.

Barry is a deadbeat dad who erased his children from existing and Wally doesn't even remember his!
>>
>>87894002
here's your (you)
>>
woah and I thought dickfags were bad
are all legacy characterfags like this?
>>
>>87894355

every since wally was blacked, they've had biggest victim complex
>>
>>87894355
Seems that way.
>>
>>87894355

it's like 20% wallyfags 80% trolls trolling trolls
>>
>>87894355
This is one of the better Wallyfag threads.
>>
>>87894493
Only because someone came in and shut them up quickly.

"fan favorite" What a joke.
>>
>>87894373
To be fair, I'd be mad if they made my favorite character black and 12.
>>
>It's a /co/ ignores two decades of history due to their love of shitty teenage soap opera television programming episode.
>>
>>87894355
Where have you been? Wallyfags are the WORST, not wally though, but his droves of fans
>>
>>87894588
This thread said Wally is the fan favorite.

He demonstrably isn't.

Get over it. A vast majority likes Barry more.
>>
>>87893955
Ssssh, don't use logic on Silver Age fags, they hate that.
>>
>>87892957

It isn't. Barry is sweet but socially awkward, Wally is a quipster.
>>
>>87894632
They don't like Barry they like the Wally that is in Barry
>>
>>87894632
>It's a maybe if I stamp my feet hard enough people will forget that Wally becoming the Flash used to be the biggest example of continuity and death successsfully sticking and driving the medium forward, that all of the best Flash stories feature Wally, and that all beloved portrayals of the Flash outside of the comics feature Wally in either name or spirit episode
>>
>>87894355
Hey fuck you, I just prefer Dickbats to what we got when Bruce came back.
>>
>>87893114

IMO Nightwing shouldn't have a solo book and Titans will sell WAY better. Also, what's wrong with Dick being the leader of the Titans and occasionally showing up in Batman books now and again.
>>
>>87894731
Sweet, awkward, nerdy forensic scientist is Barry.
>>
>>87894355
Only the ones who get cucked.
>>
>>87894632
The fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>87893231

Ted's in the current Blue Beetle book you weirdo.
>>
>>87894632
the vast majority probably don't fucking care
>>
>>87894753
Doesn't mean much if it can't sell.
>>
>>87894797
Nothing. Barry sells more than Wally. That's the cold hard proof that more people are interested in reading about Barry, making him the favorite of the fans.

Wally's the hipster wannabe fan favorite, I guess. People who are either old or pretend to have read old comics to try to act like experts.
>>
>>87893619

What this guy said. Also, Barry is basically the hero of the Silver Age (the time when the Silver Age of comics is dated is the literal introduction of Barry Allen) who saved the fucking universe from the Antimonitor (which is when the Silver age literally ends).

Barry fucking Allen is literally Silver Age comics and while most people on this board weren't reading during the Silver Age a lot of us have actually read a lot of Silver Age books, and Barry is fucking great!
>>
>>87894833
>It's a /co/ isn't about the quality of the art but only the most recent bottom line because their favorite company has to stay in the black episode
>>
>>87894812
desu the vast majority probably don't even remember Wally saying he used to be The Flash in Rebirth. To them there's no comparison to be had. Barry's The Flash, Wally's one of his old sidekicks.
>>
File: Rebirth.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>87894632
I like them both but slightly prefer Wally over Barry.
>>
>>87893836

How's autism and virginity working out for you?
>>
>>87894875
Sales indicate how many fans are buying and interested in the book. Especially sustained sales.

You can't claim Wally's the fan favorite when fans favor another character.
>>
>>87894937
How you doing, Pot?
>>
>>87893619
>>87894867
You're right, incorrect financial analysis means more than actual facts and the content of comics and their characters
>>
>>87894944
A lot of fans don't but, for one thing.
A lot of buyers aren't fans, for another.
>>
>>87894973
Yes, how many people are interested in Barry compared to Wally is important when you're talking about who the favorite Flash is.
>>
>>87894944
>>87894973
Keep beating that money equals quality drum buddy, doesn't mean that you are right in the abstract or the concrete when it comes to Wally.
>>
>>87894979
Buyers buy in proportion of what fans are demanding, especially several issues in.

If I were just comparing #1s you could call me on my shit but we're months it. It's an easy time to check the landscape.
>>
>>87894997
It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with plotting fan interest.

Money is related and was a different part of the argument (when we were talking about "why" DC pushes Barry over Wally.)
>>
>>87894992
You're right, why do people even bother having opinions when sales charts exist to tell us how to feel? And do yourself a favor and actually go back and compare the sales numbers and length of runs between the characters. Then break your fingers so you can't continue shitting up this board.
>>
>>87894753
>that all of the best Flash stories feature Wally

That's your opinion. In my humble opinion the stuff between Barry and Iris from the later part of the Silver Age are the best Flash stories.

>>87894794

Exactly, which has been his character since his first fucking appearance on the page!
>>
>>87895066
What are you even talking about? I'm not telling you Barry is more interesting to you because more fans buy his book.

I'm saying he's the fan favorite who most people like. That has nothing to do with quality or your personal interest. Just don't pretend that because you like Wally more that most people do. You're the minority.
>>
>>87895061
Fan interest is a conveniently subjective term when every conceivable concrete argument and measurement points to Wally being the favorite.
>>
>>87895095
Compare the sales charts and alternative media representations between the two characters for real before you start spouting your useless opinion you miserable single brain celled fuck.
>>
>>87895111
What concrete argument and measurement point?

I'm going by whose comic more people buy. Presumably more people buy Barry comics because more people are interested in Barry. What's your concrete measurement?
>>
File: Black Manta is Unimpressed.jpg (129KB, 590x609px) Image search: [Google]
Black Manta is Unimpressed.jpg
129KB, 590x609px
>>87894969

So you're admitting to autism and virginity, and projecting that other people on this board also suffer from the same ailments as you because other anons have sperged in the past?
>>
>>87895158
The sales charts where The Flash outsells Titans by 20 to 30 thousand on a week to week basis?
>>
>>87895159
Sales history (actual vs made up)
Length of runs
Alternative media representations
Polling of the best Flash runs of all time
>>
>>87895175
You're on a comics forum. Who are you to talk shit to anyone about anything?
>>
>>87895176
Total sales charts of all time you fucking moron.
>>
>>87895189
Sales history isn't very fair because Barry had a lot more solo time than Wally. Same with length.

What polls do you have?

Alternative media representation massively favors Barry if you want to go by television ratings. Even if you gave the entirety of the credit of Young Justice and Justice League to Wally.
>>
>>87895212
All time sales is not representative of the current fanbase you fuck. You don't use 1950's census data to determine where people are migrating to in 2010.
>>
>>87894355
>>87894373
>hey guys maybe the guy who was The Flash for over 20 years should get some attention like a comic or something outside the comics
>DON'T YOU REALIZE BARRY IS THE BEST MOST POPULAR HOW DARE YOU
>>
>>87894527
He is. Nearly all flash fans admit his run was the best run The Flash ever had.
>>
>>87894632
People who read the comics regularly definitely prefer Wally. Look at /co/'s recommended flash. It is all Wally.
>B-But people who don't read comics and only watch the show like Barry more
Fuck off /tv/.
>>
>>87894992
Barry's run is only selling better because of the TV show and Rebirth.
Barry used to be so unpopular they literally killed him off.
>>
>>87895176
You are retarded if you expect a no name IP like Titans to sell better than one of DC's most popular IPs.
>>
>>87889896
>>87889796
>Why

Silver Age nostalgia a few years back, due to a certain writer bringing back all the Silver age heroes and wanking them as the best of the best of the best forever and ever.

Retconning them to have all the best stuff, being the speedforce itself and stuff.

Hal Jordan and Barry Allen are the two biggest examples
>>
>>87897107
>/co/

Oh yes, because this is such an unbiased place.
>>
>>87897336
/co/ is a good presentation of the comic book industry considering how small it is. Honestly, most people who read comic books regularly probably go to /co/.
>>
>>87891990
>Kid Flash forever

Not really although a fair point that it was a Kid Flash association (but this can also be said for Kon, which was probably a worse adaptation over all - even the Smallville version is superior because it was a more solid and better back story). Ditto for Dick, even if they promoted him to Nightwing.

>>87892303
>>recent
You're mis-reading this. 'even in the comics until recently' was one point, and 'always gets shafted in adaptions' was another. Barry was the first live action adaptation in the 1990s. Unlike Captain Marvel, Captain America and Superman, Jay Garrick never got adapted in any kind of live action and his only adaptations are DCAU and, now, DCW.

DCAU is currently being shown on both Amazon Prime and Netflix and remains very popular on NF. I'm assuming, however, that the new cartoon is all Barry, just like DCEU and DCW are all Barry, even to the extent that they are giving Wally characterizations to the two live action adaptations.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.