[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did /co/ go full Not Muh about The Shade in Flash 10 or was everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: shade.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
shade.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
Did /co/ go full Not Muh about The Shade in Flash 10 or was everyone normal and waiting for the arc to resolve?
>>
File: 15798387.jpg (36KB, 302x475px) Image search: [Google]
15798387.jpg
36KB, 302x475px
Or did that Robinson Shade mini from nu52 era end with him like evolving into a higher consciousness like pre-nu52 Booster Gold?
>>
better than the show i guess
>>
>>87876143
Did it even get storytimed?
>>
>>87879385
All of Rebirth has been storytimed.
>>
File: The Shade05.jpg (927KB, 1280x2018px) Image search: [Google]
The Shade05.jpg
927KB, 1280x2018px
>>87876143
Both. I bought the first issue of this arc and rued my decision. Maybe they can save this shit, but I still have the old comic and Robinson isn't writing the character no matter what, so I have minimal interest in the outcome.
>>
>>87876143
What's there to not muh about this Shade. Never read anything with him before and just know him from the cartoon.
>>
Are you fags incapable of enjoying anything?
>>
>>87879985
Shade was a main character in Robinson's beloved Starman series. He was made into an intellectual 'good' bad guy with a rich and deep character far beyond his old timey stories. Personally he's my favorite DC character.

I didn't know this issue came out. Anyone have a link to the story time? I gotta check it out
>>
File: run barry run.jpg (222KB, 1113x954px) Image search: [Google]
run barry run.jpg
222KB, 1113x954px
>>87876143
I imagine quite a few people bailed after the amazingly weak first arc where Barry beats Not-Zoom by ... running faster. It borders on self-parody if you've been watching the show.
>>
File: shade hello.jpg (52KB, 258x421px) Image search: [Google]
shade hello.jpg
52KB, 258x421px
I really wish there was a comic shop near me so I could buy this. I have missed my Dicky Swift. His miniseries seems like ages ago and Starman was lifetimes past.
>>
File: 1478678154639.jpg (38KB, 552x438px) Image search: [Google]
1478678154639.jpg
38KB, 552x438px
>>87880955
>tfw I finally have a comic shop in my town after more than 20 years
Feels good man
>>
>>87880978
did you happen to buy this issue? if so, did Shade live up to his past self, or did they throw his characterization out the window for standard bad guy stuff?
>>
>>87881239
Sadly I cannot really answer your question for 2 reasons, the first being I'm a flash Newfag and haven't read or seen much of Shade, though I'm his introduction in the last issue was good, the second being that my lcs doesn't open until like 1 pm, but if it comes out today Flash is on my pull list so, hyped and what not
>>
>>87881778
Cool beans friend. But Shade became THE best character in the late 90s Starman. Robinson's Starman and Simonson's Thor are tied as my all time favorite reads. You can track down the Starman omnibuses and they are definitely worth the price of admission. Best DC book I've ever read and had more attention to detail than anything I've read, comics or literature. You will not be disappointed. The characters are as human as the people I know and the world's history is so rich that the fictional city the story takes place in feels as real as my childhood hometown and as iconic as the San Francisco bay that I work in.

I can not recommend it enough. If you like comics at all, especially capes, Starman is THE book to read. And I'm sure that by the time you get to the haunted shirt, Shade will start to be your favorite character.
>>
>>87882079
I'm a huge Shade and Flash fag.

People aren't "not muh"ing it because Shade seems to have turned antagonistic because something happened to Hope. He's doing his nightmare monster thing he does when he gets angry and distraught, and we only saw a little of him at the end two weeks ago.

I haven't seen the latest one that comes out today but there was nothing particularly wrong with what we saw last issue. He didn't have enough time to really display the quirky character we all love.
>>
>>87876143

It was a weird shift but I'm willing to give Williamson some space to explain himself for a time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.