[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you read tie in material, or do you view it as non-canon/unnecessary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Doctor_Strange_Prelude.jpg (225KB, 625x949px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Strange_Prelude.jpg
225KB, 625x949px
Do you read tie in material, or do you view it as non-canon/unnecessary to read?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 696x696px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 696x696px
>>87850329
I read them, I guess they're canon until they're not, but it's always a fun read.
>>
The only prequel comic I saw was the Dredd one since I wanted more Dredd.
>>
I haven't read almost any of them, but I might check out the Doctor Strange one.
>>
>>87850329
In general, or just the MCU? Because most tie-in MCU material is as canon to the larger MCU as the old EU was to the larger Star Wars canon.
>>
>>87850329
I had fun with the First Avengers tie-ins.
>>
>>87852910
In general
>>
File: Predators Film Adaptation 063.jpg (453KB, 1280x1961px) Image search: [Google]
Predators Film Adaptation 063.jpg
453KB, 1280x1961px
I do for things I dont even watch.

this one was good.
>>
>>87850329

I assume all tie-ins are canon if they're to an event. Sometimes, they are arguably better than the main book.

Most people will argue this is exactly what Superior Spider-Man was like.

Some were pretty good though, like for 52. Many of the Aftermath shit was tops.
>>
>>87854282
I think Op was referring to tie in material for movies, tv shows, and cartoons
>>
>>87854345

Oh.

Well, carry on then!
>>
>>87853054
Predators was also pretty good.
Better then Predator 2 anyway.
>>
>>87850329

Honestly,all the comic books that spawned from Marvel and DC's movie franchises have gotten way out of hand. Only the movies are canon anyway.
>>
>>87850329
M'kay
>>
>>87850329
I don't, under the idea that if something is important, they'll put it in the movies somehow.

That said, I wish they had made some kind of adaptation of the scenes from Fury's Big Week that aren't in the movies.
>>
What's the most important thing that happened in a tie-in MCU comic? Stating that, yes, that lady that appears for a split second in Doctor Strange is indeed Niko Minoru's mom?

I heard once that they wasted The Leader tease in Incredible Hulk in a comic, but I hope it was bullshit.
>>
>>87861143
No they did, look up "Furys big Week"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.