[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do you think we'll get another DC crisis-like event?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: crisis.jpg (67KB, 576x216px) Image search: [Google]
crisis.jpg
67KB, 576x216px
When do you think we'll get another DC crisis-like event? ie. something that resets/alters canon in some way.

What do you think will change?
>>
>>87823563
Flashpoint was the last "Crisis" event
And now so is Rebirth.

Once Rebirth fully gets off its ass and explains what the fuck is going on, it'll be a more "Crisis" like event
>>
when dr Manhattan attacks in 2 years. or i guess a year and a half we're about 6 months into rebirth
>>
Forever Crisis in two years. Or it's next year?
>>
still pissed about how they wasted Final Crisis as a way to reboot and we got the flashpoint clusterfuck
>>
>>87823628
This.

Uotan waking up into the new universe would have been perfect.
>>
>>87823563
It's going to happen and it's going to be called Hyper Crisis OR Forever Crisis
MARK MY WORDS
>>
>>87823628
>>87823678
Flashpoint didn't totally destroy everything that Final Crisis established

There's still Multiversity
>>
>>87823678

i'm hoping once the big Rebirth plot wraps up i can figure out a way to No Prize the timeline. like it rebooted after final crisis but then Manhattan fucked with it or something.

I mean that kinda continuity fixing is the shit Johns loves
>>
>>87823704
It's gotta be "Forever Crisis" otherwise it's a stepdown from "Final Crisis"
>>
>>87823602
I wouldn't put Rebirth in the same category. Other than Wally and Superman coming in from the old universe, nothing actually changed. History wasn't rewritten in anyway.
>>
>>87823613
>>87823704
In one of the issues of Justice league rebirth (I think #5 or #6) the bad guy says the forever crisis is coming, and I'm pretty sure Johns said it would be 2 years after rebirth.
>>
>>87823707

No, there was a rumor at the time Final Crisis was gonna lead to a full universe reboot but it didn't.... and then 2 years later we got nu52 launched halfassed out of Flash storyline not meant to be universe changing
>>
>>87823743
It's just being a little slow about it
The mystery man and Manhattan's influence.

Those are still Rebirth stuff
>>
>>87823563
>What do you think will change?

I want the Bat canon to be unfucked. Get rid of the bullshit 5-year compression and bring back shit like NML.
>>
>>87823917
The Bat-compression was so bullshit

It was DC being too pussy to have a real reboot
>>
>>87823602
in 5 years:

New 52 Rebirth
>>
Did Flashpoint affect the entire DC Multiverse?
>>
>>87824164
I remember /co/ saying that the only reason the Bat books didn't get a full reboot was because Grant was in the middle of his epic, similarly for the reason that the Lanterns got to keep everything. Is that true?
>>
>>87823917
It isn't just five years anymore. DC Universe Rebirth confirmed that 10 years of time and memories and been altered by the Dr.Manhattan
>>
>>87824346
flashpoint literally reshaped the entire orrery
>>
>>87825924
Hacks
>>
>>87823563
>When do you think we'll get another DC crisis-like event? ie. something that resets/alters canon in some way.
The final confrontation with Manhattan will be a Crisis, even though they might not call it one.
>>
>>87826785
Hey remember when Tom King said he would address the 3 Jokers thing in Batman #9?
>>
>>87824533
Yet they erased Cass and Steph who had roles in Incorporated.
>>
>>87823563
They're doing another continuity changing event in 2018, the one that was teased in the DC Rebirth one shot. In that comic they confirmed that the New 52 reality is basically the Pre-Flashpoint universe minus 10 years that were stolen. They're probably restoring a lot of Pre-Flashpoint canon into this "incomplete" universe.
>>
>>87828729
I mean technically, sure, but not in any real significant way.
>>
>>87828890
I'm not going to discuss this again, but it's obvious they are going to make the Pre-Flashpoint Superman the main Superman who always existed in this universe and that means bringing back pretty much his entire continuity as he remembers it and giving the timeline extra years to accomodate the marriage and Jon's existence. The entire DCU will probably follow suit to match his memories.

Those years were characterized as "stolen", and when something is stolen in a story, the goal is to bring it back.
>>
>>87828792
>They're doing another continuity changing event in 2018
Source on that date?
>>
File: 1460206916258.png (877KB, 1118x1742px) Image search: [Google]
1460206916258.png
877KB, 1118x1742px
Alright, /co/. Darlseid War. Good or bad?
>You want a god? My name is Hal Jordan. My father cut the sky open.
>PING
I liked it.
>>
>>87829280
Absolutely terrible.
EXCEPT
For that Hal Jordan side story
Absolutely amazing.

But yeah, I guess it was kinda hamstrung by Rebirth taking over.

Like Lex being Lord of Apokalips but then it being forgotten while he became Luthorman
>>
>>87829320
I liked Barry becoming the Black Racer as his god form. Other than that, everyone else's (except maybe Bruce and Billy) felt really out of character. I imagine if Clark ever became a god, he'd become some eternal force for good, not some edgy nega-Superman.
>>87829248
My hope is that the continuity doesn't change again and everyone just becomes aware of the changes that have happened.
>>
>>87823563
Multiversity Too.
>>
>>87829518
>edgy nega-Superman.
Well, he was like covered in Apokalips bad sun radiation
It wasn't like it was a "natural" godhood

Though honestly, the concept of a bunch of DC heroes become Gods due to Darkseid dying was a cool concept.

But it was just such a shortchanged arc that most of it was pretty crap

Especially what's her name.
"Darkseid's daughter"
Fuck that was some 90s edgy shit
>>
>>87829518
>My hope is that the continuity doesn't change again and everyone just becomes aware of the changes that have happened.
That doesn't answer my question. Did you just pull 2018 out of your ass?
>>
>>87829652
That wasn't me, but I'm sure a quick google search can clear that up.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.