[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped reading DC about a year ago, right around the Darkseid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I stopped reading DC about a year ago, right around the Darkseid War event.

But I want to pick some of their books up again, so can you anons tell me what's currently good by them and worth reading?

Most of their books look like shit right now desu, but there's gotta be a few diamonds in the ruff
>>
>>87823083
if this ain't b8....
You should read titans, and Green Lanterns (with humphries)
>>
>>87823083
>I stopped reading DC about a year ago, right around the Darkseid War event.

Dude you just left when DC was starting to gett their shit together again after the disastrous mess that was the New 52 universe.
>>
>>87823111
it's not bait, i'm genuinely interested in what's good by them. any other suggestions?
>>
>>87823123
i didn't hate what i was reading, i just stopped finding time to read comics due to school, work, and social life.
>>
Superman
New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Aquaman
The Flintstones
Cyborg has a rough start and suffers from art shifts and a writer who hasn't worked on comics in the past but has promise
>>
>>87823083
New Super-Man, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Doom Patrol, Shade the Changing Girl, Sixpack & Dogwelder, The Flintstones.
Ignore the entire Batman line. RHatO doesn't count, it's a Trinity comic, not a Batman comic
>>
>>87823272
is lobdell still on Red Hood?

And there's for real no good Bat books?
>>
>>87823429
Exact opposite.

The three bi-weekly Bat books are decent-to-great. King's Batman gets shit on because of "not muh Catwoman!" and people are too stupid to follow a plot without narration boxes. All-Star Batman is not good.

Lobdell is on Red Hood and it's still garbage (surprise surprise). It's just that Jasonfags will always shill the latest Lobdell Red Hood as "new and improved" instead of accepting criticism.

Most of the Super books are decent or very good (Action Comics is shit). New Super-Man is the best of those.

All the Young Animal stuff (Doom Patrol, Shade, Cave Carson, Mother Panic) is really good.

Titans and Teen Titans are ok.

Deathstroke is really good.

Aquaman, Flash, both GL books, and Green Arrow are okay.

Wonder Woman is good, but it has two different ongoing stories, and is a bit slow.
>>
>>87823429
>is lobdell still on Red Hood?
Yes, but impossibly, it's actually good now. The fact that the characters actually have a good dynamic helps a lot, as does the lack of narration captions. It has Jason being the big brother to a Bizarro and Black Mask using said Bizarro as a Stand, amongst other things.
>And there's for real no good Bat books?
Unfortunately. Some people like King's Batman, some people like All-Star Batman, some people like Nightwing, but on the whole it's really underwhelming and disappointing.
>>
>>87823716
>>87823733
OP, just read whatever you think looks good, man. Don't ignore anything because these two assholes are being contrarians, Red Hood and KingBats are both great.
>>
Superman
New Superman
Flash
Green Lanterns
Batman

are the stand outs for me

Shade and Sixpack/Dogwelder get special mention as outside main line
>>
>>87823083
Deathstroke, Aquaman and Flinstones.
Start with those, if you like them, we'll suggest more
>>87823769
>>87823429
I like both KingBats and All Star Batman.
>>
>>87823083

Must-read (not rebirth):
Doom Patrol
The Flintstones
Shade the Changing Girl
Midnighter/Apollo

Best of Rebirth:
New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Superman
Nightwing
Wonder Woman

Good:
Batman
Detective Comics
Hal Jordan and the GL Corps
Superwoman
some people like Green Lanterns
Green Arrow
Aquaman

Mediocre/Shit/Don't bother:
Suicide Squad
Justice League
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Blue Beetle
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Action Comics
>>
Superman
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Green Arrow
Aquaman
>>
How is Flash? Heard it was ironically slow and SPEEDSTERS EVERYWHERE
>>
>>87823083
All the new Superman books. Ignore everything else.
>>
>>87823083
I'd recommend
Rebirth:
Aquaman
DeathStroke
Detective Comics
Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (suprisingly good given Venditti's other Green Lantern work)
New-Superman
Superman
Wonder Woman

Miniseries:
Midnighter & Apollo

Hanna-Barbera:
The Flintstones

Young Animal:
Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye
Doom Patrol
Shade the Changing Girl

Vertigo:
Astro City
Sheriff of Babylon (Season 2 is coming soon)
>>
>>87825138
right now its really good, the first arc was a little decompressed but its fine.
>>
>>87823429
I'd say, Batbooks is the mess right now.
King's Batman is not that I would expect from a batbook. I wouldn't say that it's bad, but so far it doesn't feel like Batman. At all.
All-Star Batman have two stories going on. First features Two-Face and while it has interesting premise, it also almost hurts to read; and second is about negro not-Robin's training and it feels better, but not enough.
Detective Comics catches Batman feel the best, but the main focus goes to Batfamily and the writing is mediocre. Still, it features Clayface as a hero and maybe it will fix Cass and Steph situation even if for a bit.
Batgirl books is bad.
Nightwing has both bad and enjoyable moments, so it's a mixed bag, but current arc seems like it might be good.
New Outlaws book is worth checking for (amazon) Artemis and Bizzaro.
If you are interested about Damien he doesn't appear in any of those books, beside occasional cameo in Nightwing. But he was in last Superman arc and is the current leader of Teen Titans.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.