[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Helga: "Oh brother." >Arnold: "Thanksgiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ha.png (296KB, 634x352px) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
296KB, 634x352px
>Helga: "Oh brother."
>Arnold: "Thanksgiving isn't going so hot this year, is it?"
>Helga: "What Thanksgiving? You mean this? Where's thanks giving Arnold? I don't see it. I've never had a real one. You've never had a real one.
>Arnold: "Yeah. You know what I've bean thinking?
>Helga: "What, that we should look on the bright side? That every cloud has a silver lining?"
>Arnold: "No, I just keep thinking of Mr. Simmons Thanksgiving play."
>Helga: "Huh, yeah. What a crock."
>Arnold: "But it was the perfect Thanksgiving, Helga. They had a beautiful meal and everybody got along. And they were all just thankful to be together."
>Helga: "You're right Arnold, except for just one thing. That was a play! It wasn't real life! This is real life."

Should cartoons drop bombs like this?
>>
>>87809790
Hells yeah
>>
>>87810729
Why shatter a child's innocence? It's inevitable, so why bring it sooner than later?
>>
>>87810794
>children
>innocence

Just because you had a nice childhood doesn't mean that every person does.
>>
>>87810905
So what's the point of having a situation like OP's? If life is shit then why paint it in fiction?
>>
>>87810948
For a variety of reasons.

For people who have had similar experience, this moment provides something they can relate to. That they aren't alone in feeling that Thanksgiving (or any other holiday) isn't living up to their expectations. That sometimes Thanksgiving doesn't turn out to be the perfect saccharine experience the media makes it out to be.

For people who haven't had an experience like this, it gives them the opportunity to see that some people aren't as lucky as them. Maybe they'll do more to assure that other people feel more fulfilled by their Thanksgiving. At the very least they will hopefully value their positive experiences more.
>>
>>87811259
>For people who haven't had an experience like this, it gives them the opportunity to see that some people aren't as lucky as them. Maybe they'll do more to assure that other people feel more fulfilled by their Thanksgiving. At the very least they will hopefully value their positive experiences more.

In my experience, children are annoyed to be reminded of such things, except for the smart ones.
>>
>>87811354
But that's the thing. The episode isn't explicitly telling kids "you should be thankful for what you have". Some kids might not even be self-aware enough to come to that conclusion. So they won't notice it and just continue to watch the episode.
>>
>>87809790
Did you guys not have Thanksgivings with food, friends and family? Like, everyone I know has lives like that. Do you guys really not?
>>
>>87812053
A shitload of people don't have that kind of Thanksgiving, either because of financial issues or family problems. There's a lot of people who don't really have a big family or a lot of friends they can have around a table to have a huge meal, and if they do there's often a lot of issues keeping it from being a friendly gathering (the episode showed an example of this with Mr. Simmons's own feast, which was awkward as fuck and nobody got along).
>>
>>87810794

Better to learn to appreciate it at the time then look back in regret of what a little shit you where
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.