[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the Star Sapphires to me? Do they care about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: whores.jpg (231KB, 343x402px) Image search: [Google]
whores.jpg
231KB, 343x402px
Can someone explain the Star Sapphires to me?

Do they care about love or they just a bunch of feminist cunts?

Are they brainwashed?

Why was Carol Ferris Hal's old enemy?
>>
>>87799467
I jerked off to that art when I was younger
>>
>>87799886
I jerked off to the thought of being brainwashed and forced into the Star Sapphires when I was younger.
>>
File: 1465038625992.jpg (44KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
1465038625992.jpg
44KB, 600x388px
>>87799467
Is there an explanation to why they're all female? Or are they implying men don't feel love as strongly as women?
>>
>>87799467
>Do they care about love or they just a bunch of feminist cunts?
Both, with how much of each varying by the writer.

>Are they brainwashed?
Some are. In fact, that's an explicit ability of the Star Sapphires, to seal enemy Lanterns in crystals, and turn them to their side. That said, there's also members who join in the normal way ("You have great love in your heart, welcome to...")

>Why was Carol Ferris Hal's old enemy?
Back then, the Star Sapphire was a parasitic rock that turned women into Yanderes.
>>
>>87799969
>Or are they implying men don't feel love as strongly as women?

I vaguely recall that explicitly being the reason, but I don't know if its still the case.
>>
>>87800074
Geoff Johns said in 2009 that none had been found worthy yet, but if I recall right John Stewart does become a member at one point.
>>
File: JohnStewartSapphire.jpg (133KB, 636x978px) Image search: [Google]
JohnStewartSapphire.jpg
133KB, 636x978px
>>87800136
His outfit was not lewd enough
>>
>>87799467
they suck because comic writers can't write women. especially female comic writers
>>
>>87800161
That was such bullshit.
>>
>>87799467
>Can someone explain the Star Sapphires to me?
Their powers and reasoning behind their corps are vaguely defined and contradictory so no, not really

>Do they care about love or they just a bunch of feminist cunts?
Some of them care about love, some of them are brainwashed, some of them are Star Sapphires because their hearts were broken or they know loss, some of them are Star Sapphires because of romantic love, some of them are Star Sapphires because of platonic love, etc. Nobody can decide what kinds of love "count" or how their powers work or what their powers ARE

>Are they brainwashed?
Some of them, yes. They do try to brainwash female enemies and some of the conversion is successful.

>Why was Carol Ferris Hal's old enemy?
The "old" Star Sapphire was an alien queen that was driven a bit batty by a magic space rock in her tiara

>>87800136
Yeah John became a member briefly before Godhead due to his love for the GLC. I think the Zamarons admitted they'd be deliberately keeping men out of their Corps because they didn't think any could be worthy
>>
>>87799467
They power comes from love.
>>
>>87799969
>Or are they implying men don't feel love as strongly as women?

That's true though.
>>
They seem selfish at their core along with the holier than thou attitude that just make them cunts, so I see them as a more retarded green corps.

I'm surprised that the indigo corps hasn't assimilated them yet to bolster their numbers and power level.
>>
>>87802765
>Women
>Love

Get the fuck outta here

Women don't love

Women only love what others could do for them
>>
File: 1392771270130.jpg (66KB, 494x481px) Image search: [Google]
1392771270130.jpg
66KB, 494x481px
>>87807086
>>
I haven't read GLC in quite a while but as I see it through the eyes of a Layman, the Star Sapphires and the Red Lanterns are both dealing with Passion: Sapphires are based on Love, the Red Lanterns based on Rage & Hate. Because the Sapphires are on the farther end of the spectrum, that means that their definition of "love" is quite volatile and subject to larger shifts. There are Sapphires that deal with "love" in healthier ways, but there are those that get lost in the "love" and fall into the darker aspects of "love" such as jealousy, obsession, abduction & even murder. Most everyone else has pretty much hit on the head the fact that there are those that are forced into the Sapphires and there are those that join willingly.
>>
>>87799467
You know what? I always thought the StarSaphires were criminally underwritten and under developed. As a christfag I believe in love but as a historian I know love has led to some seriously fucked up shit.
>>87800161
Fuck, making john a star had so much potential and it went right into the ground.
>>87802765
3/10
keep trying, you'll get better.
>>
>>87799969
They didn't have Males because the entirety of the Zamoran culture is females due to the male Maltusians (Guardians) saying "disregard pussy, acquire science". Like, Carol became a Star Sapphire in the first place so they could have her become their queen and fuck Hal into submission.
>>
>>87809867
>Carol became a Star Sapphire in the first place so they could have her become their queen and fuck Hal into submission.
I'd read it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.