[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Hamill right? >Asked what he thought of Jared Leto’s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: dcau ss joker.jpg (79KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dcau ss joker.jpg
79KB, 1080x1080px
Is Hamill right?

>Asked what he thought of Jared Leto’s portrayal of the manic, deranged, murderous clown, in Warner Bros. Suicide Squad, Hamill said that he loved his performance, adding that he hasn’t seen an interpretation yet that’s made him go, "That was terrible." Instead, Hamill explained, the key to enjoying different iterations of the character was to look for what that version needed to be in that moment. Jack Nicholson’s Joker, Hamill said, was very different from Heath Ledger’s simply because it had to be.

>"Everyone brings a different spin to the character and you have to look at each script separately," Hamill said. "I don’t think there’s a definitive version of the Joker and I don’t think there can be. It’s like Hamlet, really. It’ll be constantly redefined."
>>
Yes, cause it's just good common sense.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>87778416
Man, from the thumbnail Leto looked really like Arkham Asylum Joker from the final boss fight
>>
It makes sense. Suicide Squad's script was terrible, so Joker became terrible in response.
>>
>>87778416
>implying someone still in the business could do anything but praise the studio
>>
File: oh you.webm (124KB, 512x590px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.webm
124KB, 512x590px
>>87778560
In the same interview he says that if people don't like Snyder they should keep complaining.

He loved Leto, big deal.
>>
>>87778529
Basicly this
His visuals will never be as big an issue as how he performs.
>>
>>87778588
No, he said that if certain fans didn't like what Snyder was doing they were out of luck as he's running the show. He said fans should always express their opinions with the creators and then added a big old but.

You aren't going to get honest opinions on films from working actors.
>>
>>87778416
It wasn't a bad performance, it was a bad movie.
Had the movie had a better writer and director and editor and no studio exec interference he'd have been a great Joker.
>>
File: bts joker.jpg (241KB, 1280x770px) Image search: [Google]
bts joker.jpg
241KB, 1280x770px
I think he looks great. I mean, physicality and stuff, he's as jokerish as you can get.

I don't mind the "method", you can see that he had a ton of fun and the crew too. Don't know why the press made it out that the cast hates his guts (like, Cara was his friends from before, Joel even goes to his concerts, even Will Smith and Viola Davis didn't say what people attribute to them) and people were/are still crying rapist.
>>
>>87778991
I forgot who said it, but the best complaint about LetoJoker is that he wasn't funny.
He didn't really crack any jokes, he was just this weird crazy person that dressed like an edgy version of the Joker.
If they had a better writer, that entire complaint goes away, and he'd be a great Joker.
>>
>>87779286
I'd agree with that but you have to remember people had the same complaint about Ledger's Joker despite the pencil trick, "Don't blow this out of proportion", dropping Rachel out the window when Batman says to let her go, the Scar stories, the Firetruck being on fire, the sLAUGHTER truck, him dressing as a nurse to get to Dent, etc...
>>
File: i'll be your friend.jpg (526KB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
i'll be your friend.jpg
526KB, 1916x796px
>>87779286
See I don't understand this complaint. How are his clothes edgy? You can call them gaudy, but they're hardly edgy. His personality isn't edgy either. He's literally just a mobster, all ~10 minutes of it, bearing an uncanny resemblance to Morrison's Joker and based on the White Duke.

He doesn't wax armchair philosophy and that's already a plus to me, it was jarring in TDK when The Joker was suddenly this great anarchist because of Nolan. He doesn't believe he's meant to fulfill a "greater purpose", and that's true to character.

And I liked pic related.
>>
>>87778416

>It’s like Hamlet, really. It’ll be constantly redefined.

Well said, Mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9Ismh1elM
>>
File: 1479509602860.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479509602860.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
>>87779466
>i'll be your friend
I like the way he said that.
Dude has potential, he's a mobster Joker with Miller/Morrison/DCAU Joker characteristics.
If he appear in the Affleck movies, he'll have a better script and everyone will praise him.
>>
Leto was just fine. He just needs to do more "Joker-y" shit next time
>>
>>87778416
"Everything is awesome"
-Mark Hamill
>>
>>87778704
how is that totally honest what he said?
>>
>>87779286
>The itch in my crotch
line was pretty funny
>>
>>87778416
Wait, what? I specifically remember Hamill shitting all over the "The Batman" ver. of the Joker in an episode of Fatman on Batman saying that it was just a cheap of his Joker and that he hated it.
>>
>>87781377
Well, well, well, look who is great at playing Two-Face.
>>
>>87781290
>>87778704
rather, how is that not totally honest
>>
>>87779466
>it was jarring in TDK when The Joker was suddenly this great anarchist because of Nolan
>not realizing everything the Joker said to Dent was bullshit meant to fuck him in the head
TDK Joker's motivation was a variation of that from The Killing Joke; to turn another person into a monster like himself by tormenting them.
>>
>>87778447
Would you want your young daughter seeing tranny dicks?
>>
>>87778416
what a class act
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.