[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let settle this once and for all. Who is the blandest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 12

File: xgle9.jpg (97KB, 733x662px) Image search: [Google]
xgle9.jpg
97KB, 733x662px
Let settle this once and for all.

Who is the blandest Robin? Tim or Dick?
>>
>>87745912
Dick Grayson

Seeley just confirmed in the latest issue of Nightwing that Dick is the same person in every universe. You literally can't go any duller than this.
>>
>>87745912
What? There is more than 1 Robin??
>>
Isn't Batman kinda bland too?
>>
Damian is the blandest little fucker.
>>
File: robins.jpg (238KB, 1102x600px) Image search: [Google]
robins.jpg
238KB, 1102x600px
>>87745912
dick, tim has an interesting origin as robin and is given a lot of depth and complexity in Red Robin

reposting this
>>
>>87746001
Here's your (you).
>>
>>87745912
Jason
>>
>>87745912

Out of the 2? Dick.

He is also the best robin, but as robin the most interesting thing he did was being a TITAN and that was great, but it wasnt his job as a robin, I disliked his angsty shit of "you are not my dad", and how Dixon milked it even in his nightwing years. The most interesting thing about Dick in that era was when he wasnt being robin.

Tim as robin was more interesting, even if i have to insist, Dick was the best robin.
>>
>>87745996
Wait, what?

>>87746142
Jason is many things, but being bland isn't one of them.
>>
File: Nightwing #9 (2017) - Page 23.jpg (749KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing #9 (2017) - Page 23.jpg
749KB, 1988x3056px
>>87746223
>Wait, what?

He's referring to this page from this week's Nightwing.
>>
>>87746039
This.
>>
>>87745912
Damian
>>
>>87746241
Oh. Ouch.

I guess Dick is indeed the blandest Robin.
>>
>>87745912
In comics, Tim is bland

In the animated versions, dick is bland
>>
>>87746083
I still miss that Red Robin costume. I wonder if it will ever come back.
>>
>>87746241
>>87746322
>/co/ thinks being "always confident, always kind, always cool" is a bad thing
Ya'll are confused individuals.
>>
I've never seen a Robin thread that wasn't bitter characterfaggotry.
>>
>>87746416
It's cool with real people, but not with fictional characters, anon.

Even Superman has different versions of him and he's the ultimate good guy in DCU.
>>
>>87746475
Look, I'm sure - who is that s'posed to be? Pre-Flashpoint Superman? - I'm sure Supes has met a few, but not EVERY Nightwing in the multiverse. He's obviously just being nice and paying a compliment to Nightwing, saying "Ha you're just as cool as the Dick I knew from my Earth". And let's face it, probably thinking "And I know another multiversal constant about you Nightwings is your desperate need for validation, so here's a compliment to soothe your fragile ego."
>>
>>87746475
He's been basically the same guy for the past 30 years barring things like Hank Henshaw turning him blue or getting his powers zapped by sand golems. Hell, how can Dick be less variable than Damian? He was around for like a month before Superman got shunted out of his own universe.
>>
>>87745996
How does consistent equal bland?
>>
>>87745912
Dick was great in Morrison's Batman and Robin. So was Damien, actually. I think that was the only time either of them ever stood out to me.
So I'm gonna say Tim. Usually none of them are very well written though.
>>
>>87746189
Tim is objectively the best Robin.
>>
>>87747072
>Damianfag has entered the fray!
>>
The whole Robin concept is so fucking boring.
Dick Grayson is a wish fulfillment fantasy, the character is a complete Gary Stu with the whole "u would be a better Batman than me bro"
There is literally nothing to say about Tim Drake, it's not even funny. He's just a smart guy. The epitome of blandness.

Damian and Jason may be edgy basic archetypes but at least they have a defined trait of personality.
>>
>>87745912

I dunno.

Which Robin would die if fans get to vote about it again?
>>
>>87746416
>>87746475

There is no such thing as an always nice or kind guy. It's either an act or pure blandness.
>>
>>87747166
Jason again
>>
>>87746223
he's one-dimensional, though

that qualifies as bland
>>
>>87745912
for me:
Dick>Damian>Jason>Tim>Steph>Cassie>Duke
>>
>>87747166
In the age of the internet? All of them. It wouldn't matter how popular they are with comic readers, once word got out it would be 90% in favour of the killing
>>
>>87747334
Pretty much, I believe they explored a similar concept with Roy in RH/A and nearly everyone voted for death.
>>
>>87747257
>Jason Todd
>one-dimensional
Wew lad.
>>
>>87747334
>>87747391
This. Fans love trolling.
>>
>>87747393
He's angry at Batman and likes guns. That's been his character for the past five years
>>
>>87747157
I have to agree with this dude here.

Both Tim and Dick are extremely bland.
>>
Tim, at least Dick had the OG factor going for him.

Tim is just a boring Mary Sue
>>
>>87747450
>He's angry at Batman and likes guns
I see. So, you literally never read any comic with him.
>>
>>87746189
This.
>>
>>87747157
this is the dumbest post in the thread, congratulations
>>
>>87747477
You don't know what Mary Sue means, but I suppose that's par for the course with being on /co/
>>
>>87747157
>Dick Grayson is a wish fulfillment fantasy, the character is a complete Gary Stu with the whole "u would be a better Batman than me bro"
>There is literally nothing to say about Tim Drake, it's not even funny. He's just a smart guy. The epitome of blandness
I like Tim and Dick, but I have to agree.
>>
>>87747598
And yet you greatly topped it in stupidity.
>>
>>87747694
Nah

>wish fulfillment fantasy opens up with your parents dying, or Dick being a Gary Stu whatsoever
>Tim being JUST a smart guy
all wrong
>>
File: laughing bats.jpg (26KB, 351x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bats.jpg
26KB, 351x400px
>>87747072
>His dark and mysterious past of being a middle class white kid who's good with computer? Let me guess, that's your mysterious past too!!
>>
>>87747183
>There is no such thing as an always nice or kind guy. It's either an act or pure blandness.
...okay, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, it's a popular opinion, but if ANYONE would argue that point with you, it'd be fuckin' SUPERMAN. Of COURSE he only sees the best in Nightwing - unlike Starfire or Barb, he's not close enough to have been hurt by him.
>>
>>87747723
There is absolutely no fucking argument here, If I gave a fuck about your shitty opinion I could post a billion pages showcasing your characters as bland pieces of trash.
You are just one of those faggots posting in gay threads fantasizing over the ass of Dick Grayson because he's "best boy"
>>
>>87747979
hahaha

Dick gets shown up far too much to be a Sue, sorry you're too retarded to actually understand the concept
>>
Tim actually has a character, flaws and his own unique voice.

What's Dick flaws? No one, they turned him into the perfect noble character from a novel for women and the last issue with the entire multidimensional cocksucking of how amazing he is was hilarious.

But behold now, everyone has to bow down to him the nicest and perfect guy of the bafamily that always smiles, could be a better Batman than anyone else etc.
Ironic how he had more depth in the 90s but fans now just want a colorful character and every comic telling how he is amazing.

>>87747775
Casual please stop, Superman isn't always nice. He is human in his reactions.
Dick is what casuals accuse Superman of being if anything.
>>
>>87746241
But isn't that the same Dick that post Crisis Supes knew? Rebirth explained the New 52 was the post Crisis earth with 10 years missing. Superman is just saying Dick is almost the same as he left him. He's said the same of Batman I think
>>
>>87748053
lol timfags
>>
At least Dick has a great ass, what does Tim have?
>>
>>87747613
But Tim is a Mary Sue.
- Best artist martial on the batfamily, even shiva wanted him because he was so good fighting
- Best infomatic geek, even better than oracle/barbara
- Best detective even better than batman
- Best good guy, never does anything wrong
- Best friend ever (Superboy)
>Not a Mary Sue
>>
>>87745912
Jason.
>>
>>87748131
he's DETECTIVE robin

no one else in the family is a DETECTIVE. ra's al ghul even said he's a DETECTIVE
>>
>>87746223
Jason was easily the blandest Robin, which was the question asked. Jason was just a shitty copy of Dick. You should really get better at this whole reading comprehension thing. That being said, it's not like he is much better as red Hood either.
>>
File: 1449471545820.jpg (95KB, 906x670px) Image search: [Google]
1449471545820.jpg
95KB, 906x670px
>>87748131
Homosexuality.
>>
>>87748207
>- Best artist martial on the batfamily, even shiva wanted him because he was so good fighting
Wrong
>- Best infomatic geek, even better than oracle/barbara
>- Best detective even better than batman
This is true because being smart is his special trait
>- Best good guy, never does anything wrong
bait, you should read comics
even Damian used stuff to taunt him and show that he isn't better than him morally
>- Best friend ever (Superboy)
that's Dick who is the most amazing friend and everyone wants him as a friend even the bad guys

also lol, Dick is the one that CAN BE A BETTER BATMAN!!!! not Tim, he is the mary sue
>>
>>87748207
Tim has never been shown as a better martial artist, or a huge moralfag with the best friends ever, that's Dick's specialty as evidenced by this thread.

Try harder.
>>
>>87745912
Personality wise it's Tim. Dick has the sense of humor, story arcs and has fucked pretty much every women in the DCU. Tim might be the most skilled Robin but he can be a bit of a tool.

>>87745996
If it ain't broke.. yada yada.
>>
>>87748081

on't believe that they would be identical if you just added the 10 years back, but I could be wrong. But really, it's just a plot point to bring it closer to post-crisis characterization so who knows how it'll work out.

>>87748221

Aren't you forgetting about his post-crisis origin?
>>
>>87746475
>Even Superman has different versions of him and he's the ultimate good guy in DCU.

Half of Superman's alternate selves are evil tyrants.
>>
>>87747393
Edgy badboy character is bland though. It's pretty much the laziest direction anyone can take a character to make them seem appealing.
>>
>>87748214
Part of the Dick fans resentment against Tim is just that.
Dick was the detective before, in the New Titans he was really good at that (Who is Donna Troy, Wildbeast agenda, Titans hunts, etc. etc.) even when Tim came at first (a lonely place of dying) Tim was "woo what a great detective Dick is"....then Tim has to have something an he became the Detective...and then he become the super ninja (fucking beats shiva, king snake, etc.)...and then become some sort of super computer genius.

Finally Damian appears and Tim character breaks because he had to make space for the new robin. It happens to him what he did to Dick instead that he did not had a "Nightwing" persona (red robin sucked) so DC did not know what to do.

Jason does not count to displace Dick because he was so hated that readers killed him.
>>
>>87748214
>no one else in the family is a DETECTIVE
>>
>>87748263
so, you never read about him beating lady shiva and she wanted him because he was the best of the best of martial artist ever existed from forever? That was his status for years until Cass appeared.

Also seems that you never read young ustice or teen titans with team leading and being the super mega best friend frenship is forever?
>>
>>87748447
>it's ok for everyone to salivate behind Dick but if it happens to another character just for a time then it's bad!!!

You Dickfags are disgusting
>>
>>87748447
>being team leader for Young Justice is equivalent to Dick being everybody's friend
holy shit the delusion in this thread
>>
Are you talking about them when they were Robin or in their entire history including Dick's career as Nightwing?
>>
>>87748393
>he was so hated that readers killed him.
That vote was rigged.
>Within the 36-hour period allotted for voting, the poll received 10,614 votes. The verdict in favor of the character's death won by a slim 72-vote margin of 5,343 votes to 5,271. The following issue, Batman #428, was published featuring Todd's death. Years later, O'Neil would admit hundreds of votes in the "Jason Dies" line came from a single person, adding a large degree of uncertainty to the honesty of results regarding a poll designed to determine the character's popularity. "I heard it was one guy, who programmed his computer to dial the thumbs down number every ninety seconds for eight hours, who made the difference", O'Neil said in a Newsarama interview conducted alongside writer Judd Winick during the "Under The Hood" arc. Based on O'Neil's information, that figures out to 320 votes over eight hours from one person or roughly six percent of the death line's total calls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Todd#.22A_Death_in_the_Family.22
>>
>>87748460
why?
>>87748478
I am not saying that is bad, just saying is the fucking same condition.
Dick is magical friendship forever with his generation who are Super Powers/JLA and Teen Titans
Tim is magical friendship forever with his generation who are Young Justice / Teen Titans of his time
>>
File: 1475040247983.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1475040247983.png
72KB, 250x272px
>>87748510
>I heard
>>
>>87747275
Cassie is wonder girl, Cass is Batgirl
>>
>>87748570
I think he meant Carrie.
>>
>>87745912
Jason. Perfect example of what happens when a number of mediocre writers approach the badboy character angle unironically. Dry character who's basically just saddle bagged with aspects of other characters to make him seem more appealing.
>>
>>87748548
difference is that Dick is "magical friend" with everyone and everyone that meets him even once wants to become his friend
>>
>>87748615
>everyone that meets him even once wants to become his friend
You mean Bruce.
>>
>>87748643
Plenty of people are rubbed the wrong way by Batman.

I'm pretty sure Dick being the nicest dude ever that befriends everyone is why he'd supposedly make a better Batman
>>
>>87748643
no I meant Dick because I actually read comics
>>
>>87748376
>>87748221
Jason Todd is the only Robin who is actually complex. He's a character that can be a hero, antihero or a villain and it still make sense for him. He's also the most human. He makes big mistakes and get angry. He can be really nice and also really jerk. He shot bad guys, but he doesn't think of himself as a good guy. Sometimes he win and sometimes he lose. He is a survivor who went through a lot more than most of the characters in DCU and no one was truly there for him.

He is a relatable character that you can learn a lot from.
>>
>>87748676
Dick isn't as arrogant as Bruce, but he also believes he is the most capable I'm any room that doesn't have Clark or bruce in, he manipulates and lies to his friends all the time, the difference is that he always blames his dad for his shortcomings. Dick is great and fun, and while he is more open and tolerant than Bruce, he is still a dick to others. As much as I disliked dixon, I loved when dick gave Barbara his invitation after having Sex with her.
>>
At least we can all agree that Jason sucks.
>>
>>87748708
Truly great post, anon. And I agree everything you have written.
>>
>>87746039
Jason pls.
>>
>>87745912
Tim
>>
>>87748708
you just described Batman, we don't need discount Batman with more guns
>>
Todd
>>
>>87745912
Tim Drake
>>
>>87748888
I wasn't aware that Batman was relatable, shot bad guys and that no one was there for him?
>>
>>87745912

Tim.
>>
>>87748741
When Duck manipulates and lies to his friends you know that things are really bad.
>>
File: 1463165983062.gif (2MB, 357x268px) Image search: [Google]
1463165983062.gif
2MB, 357x268px
>>87748708
>>
Tim Drake.
>>
>>87748708
>He is a relatable character that you can learn a lot from.
>>
Tim was the best in-universe Robin (Pre-Flashpoint, at least.)

Dick and Damian are the best over all characters though, with Dick getting the edge with nostalgia for being the first one.
>>
>>87748944
>He makes big mistakes and get angry. He can be really nice and also really jerk.
>but he doesn't think of himself as a good guy. >Sometimes he win and sometimes he lose.
>He is a survivor who went through a lot more than most of the characters in DCU

You just described Bruce and the difference is that Jason always had someone there for him more than Bruce or Dick ever did.
>>
>>87745912
Ok, late's see:
Nightwing is meh as Robin, but good as Nightwing or more light-hearted Batman
Jason is bad as Robin, but good as Red Hood, both versions, evil from pre-nu52 and anti-hero from nu52
Tim is meh as Robin, and sometimes good as Red Robin. He as good pre-nu52 and meh in nu52
Damian is good as Robin, literally more spoiled and arrogant young Bruce
Steph was bad Robin, but good Spolier

The only bad characters are fucking Duke and Harper.
>>
>>87749021
>and Damian
nah
>>
>>87748708
You pretty much described what I love about Jason Todd.

One of his moments that I really loved in RHATO was him talking about Gotham to Bizarro. It's was just truly powerful and touching moment.
>>
>>87749067
I am ok with this.
>>
>>87745912
It's obviously Tim? He was deliberately made to be likeable and inoffensive after some of the backlash against Jason. His entire gimmick is "relatable," which isn't a bad thing. His problem is when writers take self-inserting too far and make him the smartest most capable character that ever lived and defeat the entire purpose of the character.
>>
>>87749055
What were Bruce mistakes? DC never alowed him to make any mistakes. And Bruce was never a homeless kid and steal stuff nor did he died and returned to live brutally like Jason did. Batman is also a respected hero by the hero community while everyone expects the worse of Jason.

And who was there for Jason? Both Bruce and Dick had a loving parents and a lot of friends (even if Bruce refuse to admit it).
>>
tim
>>
>>87749294
*and stole stuff to survive
>>
>>87749067
I don't know about Harper, but Duke was just introduced so I can't really say he's a bad character.

Damien would be better if they stopped resetting his personality to brat every arc.
>>
>>87749294
do you people even read anything other than RHATO before coming up with these posts?
>>
>>87749717
Thank you for your informative answer. You just proved that you don't worth my time.
>>
File: 1412819581033.jpg (355KB, 900x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1412819581033.jpg
355KB, 900x1392px
The best Robin is Animated Tim Drake
>>
>>87749803
You mean Jason Drake?
>>
Tim.
>>
>>87749792
You are the one going "What were Bruce mistakes? DC never allowed him to make mistakes"

After such a question you are the one not worth anyone's time
>>
The best Robin is batcow.
>>
>>87746039
Yuuuuup.
You can literally describe him with the phrase "teen edgelord fantasy" and you can predict everything that he does, says and is with ease.
>>
>>87745912
Tim. Dick fans are the worst characterfags though.
>>
Tim is the blandes Batboy..
>>
>>87745912
>implying you wouldn't want to get sandwiched between both of them
>>
>>87747072
He doesn't have a dark and mysterious past. That's his whole point, that's what makes him work, and that's in universe proof that Batman isn't just a rich sociopath beating up the desperate.

Not liking him is one thing, but not 'getting' Tim is basically proof that you don't get Batman. Or the DC universe at all, really.
>>
>>87747072
>His dark and mysterious pas
Where exactly did he claim that Tim has a dark and mysterious past?
>>
When specifically did /co/ turn against Tim? Was it all the wining about the New 52 that did it, or did something happen prior to that?
>>
>>87747072
>His dark and mysterious past of being a middle class white kid who's good with computer?
He doesn't have a dark and mysterious past. That is pretty much the entire point of his character, that he didn't become Robin because of a tragedy he became Robin because there needed to be a Robin.
>>
>>87750147
Tim is my waifu, Dick is my husbando. Jason can join in as well, if he so chooses, but only if he has the white streak in his hair.
>>
>>87749969
He is actually right about this and you are the one who made no sense.

Jason's death that should have been his fault was blamed on Jason instead.
>>
>>87750425
Because the fault isn't his death, was making him Robin in the first place and that has been a plot point for decades and still is.
>>
>>87750561
And that was blamed on Jason for being a "failure" and you have Alfred who consistently told Bruce that he "saved" Jason from the street life and that there's nothing more that he could have done for him.

Every mistake Batman ever committed was always blamed on someone else.
>>
Can someone explain the point of Tim's existence?
I mean, Dick was the first one, Jason was his failure and a major catalyst Batman's current character and Damien is his son.

What is the point of Tim?
>>
>>87745912
Tim.

How is this a question?
>>
>>87750801
>What is the point of Tim?
He was the 90s Robin and Damian didn't exist back when Tim was made.
>>
>>87750687
which is irrelevant since the character still blamed himself, Alfred role is to be a supportive character
>>
>>87750898
Batman blamed himself for a lot of things (including and especially Jason's death), but that doesn't mean that they were acknowledged as mistakes he committed by anyone.
>>
They should not have brought Tim back with the reboot.
>>
>>87750801
Tim exists because Batman always needs a Robin. He always needs a partner who will make sure he doesn't cross that line and fall deeper into the abyss. That was Tim's whole schtick; he was an intelligent kid who pieced together that Batman was Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson was the first Robin, etc, and approached him to become the newest Robin, after Jason's death, because he knew Batman was becoming unhinged and needed that support.
>>
>>87751024
I think it's better if they made him go to college and only make small appearances in the batfamily books here and there.
>>
>>87750801
Tim represents the detective aspect of Bruce, the way Dick represents dead parents and Damian represents being a ninja and Jason represents his psychosis
>>
>>87749717
RHATO is all Jason has, even though it's consistently below average. Jasonfags need their character wank
>>
>>87751528
>Red Hood, Bizarro, Artemis.
>Implying that's bad.
>>
>>87751528
Jason should have never been brought back to life. Nothing that has come since has justified doing that to me.
>>
>>87745912
All Robins are pretty damn boring and so is Batman.
>>
>>87748708
This is the most bland description ever. "He's HUMAN. He's RELATABLE." Every character that's between around for decades have stories where they're human, flawed, relatable, or vulnerable. But Jason will always be defined by Death in the Family. He will always be the angsty Robin, and never grow. Dick, pre-N52, and Damian have grown in various ways. Jason is always stuck as "the Robin who died" and everything about his character will relate back to his lashing out at Daddybat for letting him die.
>>
>>87751587
Tfw Damian grown more, accomplished more, and held better onto his supporting cast in 2 years than Jason has in 10
>>
>>87750284
At least some of it is new fans. Tim has had mostly shitty comics and no other media appearances for the last few years so it's no surprise.
>>
File: 1476297002907.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1476297002907.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>87751661
>>87751707
>>87751587
>>87751528
>>
>>87750284

Since Superboy disappeared. Without Connor Tim can no longer be gay with him. Also when's the last time some girl wanted Tim's cock and Time had to turn her down for ... Reasons!
>>
>>87748708
Good description and I especially this loved this part
>He's a character that can be a hero, antihero or a villain and it still make sense for him
Which sums up what I like and find fascinating about him
>>
>>87750284
I think it depends entirely on when they started reading comics. If they started reading around the 90s to the early 00s, they probably like Tim, but if they started in the past eight years, they tend to have a lot shittier comics to work with, especially if their only experience was Lobdell's Titans.
>>
>>87751884
Steph has literally always been Tim's until "Kiss me sexy Batman"
>>
>>87751884
>Also when's the last time some girl wanted Tim's cock and Time had to turn her down for ... Reasons!
Not since the Red Robin series from before the New 52. But now he was specifically fucking Stephanie Brown in Detective Comics, before he "died."
>>
>>87751999
And she's still Tim's now. They were fucking in Detective Comics.
>>
>>87750284
Since Tynion. I didn't mind him in N52, but Tynion made him insufferable.
>>
>Jasonfags derailing yet another thread to defend their husbando as the best character to ever come out of the batman mythos
>>
>>87752070
Literally all the posts above you are talking about Tim.

You obsession with Jason and his fans is getting more and more pathetic, anon.
>>
>>87752058
Nope, she will be Luke's girlfriend very soon
>>
>>87752065
Yeah, I didn't like his Tim and his magic fingers either.
>>
>>87748708
So he's basically the Shadow the hedgehog of DCU. How complex.
>>
>>87750801
>Can someone explain the point of Tim's existence?
DC wanted a Robin and Dick already had a following as Nightwing so they couldn't reverse him.

Story-wise he's a response to Jason I guess. We'd have even more angst about muh Jason from Bruce otherwise. He's the success story to Jason's failure plus an easy viewpoint character into Batman's world. The story of Batman has moved beyond him though. As it is now he's mostly just a less fun Nightwing.
>>
Would you guys read a YJ book about Tim leading his generation? Or are you guy tired of them at this point and think it's pointless for DC to make a book about them?
>>
>>87752190
>tfw when shadow was one of the characters you really liked during your childhood
Oh man, I really miss my childhood.

Jason is actually like him? I guess I will give rhato a chance after all.
>>
>>87752232
I'd read any book with Tim and the other teen heroes who are not being used right now.
>>
>>87745912

Jason.
>>
>>87752320
I'm also interested in Jason Todd.

Question to his fans only, what stories you would recommend to me about him?
>>
>>87752541
>Second Chances
>The diplomat Son
>The Cult
>For the Man Who Has Everything (Superman Annual 11)
>Death in the family
>Under the Red Hood
>Red Hood: Lost Days
>The Streets Run Red (Batman and Robin 2009)
>Red Hood and the Outlaws 2011 (it has a lot of problems, but it's still really fun)
>Arkham Knight: Genesis
>The Last Crusade
>Red Hood and the Outlaws 2016 (my favorite rebirth book)
I hope you enjoy.
>>
>>87752698
Thanks a lot, anon!
>>
>Dick and Tim = chill but a little gay
>Jason and Damian = shitposters
Really makes you think
>>
>>87752698
Interesting list. I will try reading them sometime soon.

>>87752232
I don't know. I guess it will depend on the creative team.
>>
>>87749055

>Jason always had someone there for him

Not really, especially compared to Bruce and Dick. The bat family was constantly hard and cold with Jason when he came back from the dead, whether he was shooting villains or trying to be a hero. There were moments when they knew Jason needed help/a psychiatrist, but for whatever reason they never handled it with tact and didn't get anywhere (and because of this Jason would get upset and run away). When Jason joined the Teen Titans they were annoyed with him because he wasn't like Dick and couldn't be a strategist. Aside from obvious issues, "Batdad doesn't love me. Murdering a bunch of villains will makes things better. I'm so depressed.", Jason has honestly been completely insane. Jason also barely had any friends, the ones he made never stuck around for long, (or he left and they didn't contact him again), but he finally got friends that actually stayed with him in RHATO. Also it's been implied on a couple occasions that Jason may have been molested.

Tldr: Jason's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>87752232
Absolutely

Bart is my favorite but Kon and Tim rule too
>>
>>87753551
I was talking about Jason, Red Hood needs to be put in jail and receive nothing more because he is a filthy criminal
>>
Tim was a product of his times. You really had to be there (and reading comics) at the time.
>>
Superhero comic books in general are just bland. So many are poorly written or just boring honestly.
>>
>>87745912

Tim "Mary Sue" Drake.
>>
How can Dick be a multiversal constant when DKSA Dick was a literal monster?
>>
>>87755408
dude this book is made for Dickfags, they don't expect you to read anything else but this book where everything is about how amazing Dick is
>>
>>87755408

>DKSA

Which comic is that?
>>
>>87755673
Dark Knight Strikes Again
>>
>>87755486
You know sometimes it really pays to sit back and think a little bit before hitting "Post".
>>
>>87756057

Thanks Anon.
>>
>>87756110
why? the Nightwing book has been nothing than that since King left
at least Grayson had some introspective panels about Dick flaws
>>
>>87745912
>Dick
>"bland"
I fucking hate you, you complete piece of utter shit.
I don't just hate you like I want you to disappear.
I hate you like I want you to be tortured and feel pain for every second of your miserable existence.
I want you to fall in love with your perfect match, I want you to meet someone who makes you feel complete, like that empty hole in your life finally has something to fill it, who makes the utter desolation of your every day life suddenly become worth going through.
And then?
I want them torn away from you by someone who is literally superior to you in every single way.
All your good qualities, amplified, but with none of your flaws.
I wish I could see the pit of despair that forms in your heart, forming a gravity well that no feeling can escape.
I wish I could watch your eyes as your happiness just goes away.
You'll desperately try to win them back, to bargain, to tell yourself they'll come back to you.
But every night as you sit unshaven and unwashed, illuminated only by the pale light of your monitor, and see them on social media, see how their life is empirically better now that you're not in it.
I want to see as any hope left in you flickers out like the last light of a candle.
Every day you'll slog through your job that works you too hard and pays you too little.
You think every night about killing yourself, but you just don't have the guts.
You take no pleasure from masturbation, or your hobbies. You don't respond to texts. You delete your Facebook. You make a half-hearted attempt at dating or using Tinder, but you can't work up the motivation to even reply. You lose touch with your friends.
You spend every second of your free time alone, browsing this board, shitposting just to pass the time, but it doesn't even entertain you anymore.
And that's how your life really ends. It continues on in that pointless trudging. You work so you can live so you can work.
And I will laugh, at how you fucked up by calling Dick "bland".
>>
I'm a Tim-fag /co/ forgive me.
>>
>>87756980
I forgive you. No one's perfect
>>
>>87756980
Could be worse. You could be a Dickfag.
>>
>>87745912
Tim is the blandest because he's the most Robinest of the Robins.
>>
dick is the blandest
75 years of history and Tim/Jason/Damian all gathered more fans in not even a quarter of the time

if it wasn't for autistic writers pushing for him he would have died and be forgotten already
>>
>>87748510
>Le poll is rigged meme
It doesn't matter. Starlin and Bat editorial hated him. They have admitted that if Jason got enough votes to save him, that they would have put him in a coma. Different outcome same result
>>
>>87758162
If you ignore facts and hard data like monthly sales figures over time then sure.
>>
>>87755486
Why are you acting like Dick being a consistently great guy is limited to this book?
Johns had Batman and E2 Superman pick Dick out as the sole example of a New Earth character who was just as good a person as his E2 counterpart.
>>
How to answer: Who is the blandest Robin?
Step 1. Which Robin is muh Robin?
Step 2. Shitpost all other Robins.
>>
>>87761355
because this book has been pretty obnoxious with it with every single issue
>>
>>87748973
He does it all the time. Sure, it's to "protect them" or to hide something painful, but the problem is the same bruce has, they both think they know better, sure most of the time they were right, but still. Dick gets accused of being just like Batman all the time.
>>
>>87748741
>As much as I disliked dixon, I loved when dick gave Barbara his invitation after having Sex with her.
Dixon didn't write that. Stop posting and lurk more.

>>87762497
You have shit taste or you're a characterfag. Nightwing is one of the better Rebirth titles. Easily top 5.

>>87762444
This is the smartest man in the entire thread.
>>
>>87762965
Or maybe you are just easily impressed and just want constant obvious pandering with no substance
>>
>>87746407
>>87747011
I am relatively late to the Tim fan club/following. Will DC ever reprint the Red Robin series trades? They're OOP and too pricey for me. I want to read and own them, though.
>>
I want to read more of TIm's adventures. What are his best stories?

Is it worth picking up the newly released Tim Drake Robin trades?
>>
File: 1477100572141.jpg (14KB, 236x328px) Image search: [Google]
1477100572141.jpg
14KB, 236x328px
>>87748708
>12 hours late
Man, and here I thought I was the only one.
Exactly the reason why I prefer him than any other robin.
>He's fucked up occasionally
>He's not popular in his universe
Oh you don't know how happy I am seeing how Rebirth turned out after that horrible nu52 and arsenal shit.

I thought /co/ hate jason for some reason?
>>
>>87753551
>When Jason joined the Teen Titans they were annoyed with him because he wasn't like Dick and couldn't be a strategist.
That's pretty horrible. Is he the only robin that never lead a titans?
>>
>>87748708
>he is a loser like me so he is the best!

Yep, it explains a lot about Jason fans.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.