[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1992-1996: Cartoon Network's rise. 1997-2003: The golden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

1992-1996: Cartoon Network's rise.
1997-2003: The golden years; Cartoon Network is in its prime.
2004-2006: CN is still good, but not as great as it used to be, and shows signs of decline.
2007: CN's fall.
2008-2009: Utter shit.
2010-2013: Big improvement.
2013-2016: With all the TTGO reruns, Uncle Grandpa, horrible PPG reboot, and lack of variety in the schedule, it looks like we're headed towards another dark age.

This is correct, right?
>>
Uncle Grandpa isn't that bad.
>>
>>87741906
Yes but save for Uncle Grandpa
>>87741958 is right, UG is good to mediocre depending on the episode
>>
File: gaycat.png (157KB, 347x183px) Image search: [Google]
gaycat.png
157KB, 347x183px
>>87741906
>2004-2006
>foster's home
>amiyumi
>camp lazlow
>juniper lee
>squirrel boy
>good
>>
>>87742080
Those shows were fantastic you plebian

You must be either too old or too young to realize it.
>>
>>87741906
FALL IS JUST SOMETHING THAT GROWN UPS INVENTED
>>
>>87742080
at least the older shows still ran and there was something of variation in what aired
>>
>>87742080
>Forgetting Megas XLR and prime Toonami
>>
File: S5E24Mordecai_Thinking.png (396KB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
S5E24Mordecai_Thinking.png
396KB, 842x473px
2010- with Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Regular Show are a golden age for the older crowd, the first two being works of art. But I agree 97-03 was the golden age for the kids.
>>
>>87742100

I remember the Golden Years

They aired Scooby Doo: Where Are You? to the point of nauseum.

Seriously, it's at the rate they air TTG now.
>>
>>87742106
those were good jaggoff
>>
>>87742093

those shows were bad when they aired and are worse now cause they aged like milk
>>
>>87742106
>>87742125
>2004-2006
>Prime toonami
Eh, I'd say Toonami was in its prime in the late 90s/early 2000s.

During the mid 2000s, it moved to Saturday nights and began decreasing in popularity. It was still good, there were still some good shows like Justice League, Clone Wars, and Teen Titans, but it was not as good as it used to be.

In 2007-08, it totally killed itself when they introduced TOM 4 (the TOM with the soccerball-looking face), and had the lowest amount of new shows introduced those years than all of the years in their history.
>>
>>87742004
I agree, then. My main concern is that TT:Go is so successful that new cartoons are probably going to copy it, so the network(and possibly other networks) will be full of shit.
>>
2007 is the year everything - anime, games, toons, etc. - died because it is the year women started to getting into nerd hobbies and interests, all thanks to the Big Bang Theory.
>>
CN realizes if they lose TTG they are screwed.

That's why they tried to unsuccessfully tried to replicate it with the PPG franchise.
>>
Sym-biotic Titan would be great for Cartoon Network now. But fucking merchandise. Well, shows are now losing their touch with classics.
>>
>>87742207

They unsuccessfully tried to.

I must be tired as shit.
>>
Now matter how much people say how alot of shows are making fun of things or it's intended, you are directly insulting the things we loved back then and want back but not in this form. That's why TT:Go is bad. Call it nostalgia, but the way things are now, it is a bunch of idiots fucking around and calling it a parody.
>>
>>87742258
> Now
*No
Fucking hell. I'm making mistakes. Shit.
>>
>>87742080
>but not as great as it used to be, and shows signs of decline.

Reading comprehension is seriously lacking on this board.
>>
>>87742179
That is a very real possibility and it seems that it's sliding down that shit hole but I feel like there is now more options available and the company is more willing to experiment on newer ideas
>>
>>87741906
with the dark ages comes a renaissance
>>
File: the Wii.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
the Wii.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>>87742312

>op's post claims CN was somewhat good then
>post implies this was not the case and in fact was actually bad
>somehow implies said poster lacks reading comprehension
>>
>>87741906
>Uncle Grandpa
>bad

kys
>>
>>87741906
Every time someone lumps UG into the recent mediocre CN lineup I choke on my own vomit.
>>
They hit jackpot, a highly profitable show that is cheap to animate and easy to market because of the bright flashy colors and le wacky humor.

This is the start of the Dark Age for originality and quality, but it's a goldmine for the investors and shareholders, and they'll milk this thing to the very last drop before moving on to the next big thing.
>>
1901-cartoons start
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.