[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they have the balls to kill of Barry in Young Justice? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Will they have the balls to kill of Barry in Young Justice?
It would be the perfect character growing arc for Wally. Especially since it is the best death in DC history.
>>
>Reminding me Impulse because the new Kid Flash
>>
>>87741234
Wally dead.
>>
>>87741234
You seem confused. They killed Wally
>>
>he doesn't know
Oh, honey. I'm so sorry.
>>
File: lQPhIni.jpg (570KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
lQPhIni.jpg
570KB, 1440x2560px
>>87741234
Wally is dead. I wonder if they'll bring him back in the last episode of season 3 only to never make a season 4.
>>
>Barry not showing his eyes

I'm triggered
>>
Is this a joke?

Wally fucking died.
>>
>>87741234
Young Justice isn't about the Justice League. It's about the Teenage heroes.

Wally is the Barry to Bart's Wally. The mentor and elder who died saving the world, whose legacy you have to live up to. Barry is mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>87742494
Addendum, I always thought it was kind of shitty that they killed Wally off, essentially, because he was just shittier than Barry and Bart. Kind of a fucking downer.
>>
>>87742510
Even in the comics Wally was slower than Barry initially before the introduction of the speedforce. A precrisis story had him retire because his body wasn't reacting well with the same chemicals that made Barry the Flash.

Then after crisis he was always having drama where he bitched and moaned for being slower than Barry while struggling to live upto his legacy.

Basically Barry's body was genetically primed for the chemicals and lightning but Wallys never was. The fact he survived and got his powers was in short a miracle.

Ofc Waids run made it irrelevant by adding the speedforce and then making Wally and expert on it thru experience. Also the stupid mental block thing.

Greg Weisman hates the concept of the speedforce so chances are he is following the precrisis stuff to a fault.
>>
>>87741415
>he doesn't know

It's been renewed.
>>
>>87742862
Based Weisman how's speed force shenanigans because they fucking suck
>>
>>87742510
Yet at the same time, without Wally's contribution, they would've failed to save Earth.
>>
>>87742862
In the comics Wally was exactly as fast as Barry when he became Kid Flash. It was only much, much later (like 15 years) in the bronze age where he got that disease that made him slower.

He was stayed powered down, collectively, with the rest of the DC universe after that.

In Young Justice Wally wasn't slower than Barry because his body couldn't cope. He just did a shittier experiment. He was just shitty Flash whereas Bart turned out to be magical semen.

The point is that Barry died being the big damn hero, saving the universe by pulling off his greatest speed stunt ever. Wally died because he was worse than Bart and Barry.
>>
>>87743194
Not my point. I was more thinking about how the symbology of Bart taking over in Wally's place is lost. It's not like Bart has to grow up (he's already secretly super mature) or get better (he's already just a much, much better hero than Wally).

He's stepping into a role he was already better at. There's some disconnect there where it's more pity than homage.
>>
>>87741234
I'm not really even fully convinced that Wally is dead-dead. I'm not really even sure if that chick Aqualad wanted to fuck really died, as we never saw it.
>>
>>87742862
>>87743080
Didn't Weismann have to later say that the Speed Force just hasn't been discovered yet in the YJ universe? Because they're linked to the rest of the DC multiverse, so he doesn't really get a choice in the matter.
>>
>>87741234
I think Wally is most definitely coming back, mostly Wallyfags binge watched it to support the renewal possibility and Weisman already had to suck up his comments due to Morrison's map.

But killing off Barry needs some build up, they completely missed the opportunity in S2. Audience need to know about how much Wally & Barry loves each other but Wally's death was more about Artemis and Bart than Barry.

He will probably be the one to warn people about Darkseid but I dunno where you could put him in a world Bart became KF.
>>
I'm happy season 3 is a thing but I'll only support season 4 if they finish the damn Light subplot already. Nearly every supervillain is working for them.

Have Luthor, Savage and Klarion get BTFO by Darkseid and have the lower-tier villains fight each other in the power vacuum.
>>
>>87742944
Pretty sure he's talking about the fact that Wally's dead, anon.
>>
>>87742510
I always thought it was kind of shitty in general there seemed to be a running theme of "you will never be as good as your mentor" going on.
>>
>>87745188
Checking his Ask Greg page, he said that he's fine with people thinking that Earth-16 has the speed force but no one in that universe knows about it. This was back in February 2012 though so I don't know if his thoughts about it have changed.
>>
>>87742510
Ditto and all the time Bart reminded him he wasn't as good as them because he wasn't an Allen, it was shit.
>>
File: ZLqK6Sm.jpg (317KB, 1053x1187px) Image search: [Google]
ZLqK6Sm.jpg
317KB, 1053x1187px
>>87742510
Wally is essentially /a/ hero, in the comics he was being treated very shitty at first for being slow but he would have a "I NEVER GIVE UP" moment and overcome those barriers.

I thought they were building up to that because those are always the best Flash stories, such a shame Greg shit on all of that.
>>
File: zoom.jpg (285KB, 561x585px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.jpg
285KB, 561x585px
>>87741286
>>87741390
>>87741415
>>87741545
>>87741891
>>87745925
IT WAS ME, BARRY
>>
>>87742510
it would have worked better if it didn't feel dropped in at the last minute, wally did so little in season 2
>>
It's also implied that anything Wally can do, Barry can also do, if not better. Barry just holds himself back because he doesn't want to fuck with reality.
>>
>>87745703
>But killing off Barry needs some build up, they completely missed the opportunity in S2.
They could do it in S3, but killing Flashes two seasons in a row would be shitty. I'd save it to S4 at least, if I was a showrunner.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.