[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, I've recently come to the realization that no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: SupermanRoss.png (152KB, 344x499px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanRoss.png
152KB, 344x499px
You know, I've recently come to the realization that no one actually hates Superman. They just say they do to get attention as an attempt to stand out from the crowd who adore one of America's most enduring and culturally relevant super heroes.

So if you see someone blatantly throwing shade at Superman, don't even bother to reply to them. They're just looking for some (you)'s.
>>
>>87716817

I've noticed the opposite trend. Some years ago, it was cool to hate on Superman, call him a bland or stupid character and poking fun at his most shallow interpretations.

Now it's cool to defend Superman, maybe because too many people jumped at the hate train.

Be careful anon, don't make the pendulum swing the other way.
>>
>>87717178
When is it going to be cool to defend Aquaman?
>>
people want attention, and they jump on the first bandwagon to get it
personally, I stand by superman whether its cool to or not, thats what supes would do for me
>>
>>87717215
>>
>>87716817
You notice you waste your time on those people since they know next to zero of him.
>>
File: 1464280376409.gif (210KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1464280376409.gif
210KB, 595x842px
>>87716817
I'm personally worried all the threads on here that feature Superman with text talking about how he's obviously the best, how he's better than batman, how he should be universally loved are some kind of false flag to make people hate supes, or worse their people who genuinely think like this and can't see how contradictory they're being when they say shit like that.

People don't need to defend Superman. No one needs to reaffirm that Supes is great. It's not a competition. If you love Superman that's great, I love Superman too but it's also perfectly fine not to like him. It doesn't affect me and it doesn't affect Superman. Just enjoy Superman anon. You don't need to sing his praises to do right by him. The best thing you can do for Supes is to just be a genuine, good person who is willing to help those in need. Everything else is unnecessary
>>
>>87717215

Well, occassionally you see people defending him on /co, and for a while there was this fad on facebook and other normie sites of claiming that Aquaman could beat every other superhero by using his telepathy to talk and control Cthulhu, the Old Ones and every Lovecraftian thing that lives underwater, but it was short lived. It needs a bigger push to finally get out of 4chan, and a different angle, better than Lovecraftian things, since that shit comes from space.
>>
Most Superman haters haven't read his books because they look boring to them.

All the haters should read All Star Superman or Superman For All Seasons and then I dare them to say they still hate him
>>
>>87717317
Well look at all the fucking Batfags with their bullshit. That meme just got fucking annoying,
>>
File: 1469923617067.jpg (91KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1469923617067.jpg
91KB, 1680x1050px
>>87717449
Who cares dude? Clark and Bruce are friends. They help each other is in need. Sure some people are annoying about their devotion but that happens on both sides. True fans shouldn't concern themselves with idiotic arguments like who could beat who or who's a better hero. They're both great for their own reasons and there is nothing wrong with having a preference. Bats and Supes are best when they're together, and the fans can be the same.
>>
>>87717317
So you are saying be the "grown ups in the matter"? Ok

But fuck Batman though
>>
>>87717435
I've hated Superman my whole life (though I enjoyed the animated series occasionally) and the only Supes stories I've ever read were All Star and Red Son. I hated both and still hate Superman.
>>
Do you guys even actually discuss about this character other than just being obsessed about other people's perception of him?
>>
File: 314402_v1.jpg (65KB, 339x323px) Image search: [Google]
314402_v1.jpg
65KB, 339x323px
Superman's a super douchebag.
>>
>>87717624
And that's fine no one should force you to like him just like no one should be forced to like Supes.

>>87717727
Hey man I'll talk about him with you. What's your favourite interpretation of Supes. Are you someone who thinks he should be basically infallible or do you think he should be more like a an average good person with the powers of a god?
>>
>>87717624
>>87717449
Batman is fine but his fans are awful.
>>
The problem with Superman here on /co/ and probably everywhere else is that people treat Superman as if he was a relative that they adore and will do everything to defend their honor. It's kinda of disturbing how people treat the character as something real and sacred that must be safeguarded.

Then there's the fact that everyone has a different head-canon which they treat as the only canon possible. That's why people are never happy with any adaptation and you see different Superman fans fighting about which version of Superman is the best.

Seriously, i've never seen a fandom in such disharmony as Superman fans. They tear each other apart.
>>
>>87717215
Always. Aquaman and Mera are my pals
>>
>>87718131
>eriously, i've never seen a fandom in such disharmony as Superman fans. They tear each other apart.
Joker fans.
>>
>>87718227
That's a thing?
>>
>>87718254
Yeah.

Killing Joke fans, New 52 fans, Morrison fans, Ledger fans, DCEU fans, Hamill fans.
>>
>>87717317

Something that irks me is the people who treat Superman as a bland character that's so OP he doesn't have any real challenges.

Not only Superman's Rogue Gallery is full of people who can go toe to toe with him and his arch-enemy is one of the most recognizable comic villains of all time, but believing that meme also fails basic logic. We're talking about a character that has existed for decades, he wouldn't be so popular if his stories didn't have any challenges for him.
>>
>>87718572
I like to flip it on people like that. Supermans character is so capable that their is essentially no limit in the story you can tell with him.

Want to write an investigative thriller? Clark Kent.
Want to write multi dimensional shenanigans? Superman
Want to write multiverse time travelling story? Superman
Want to write about an alien on earth? Superman
Want to write about an average guy trying to get the girl? Clark Kent.

Supermans abilities give him an open canvass when it comes to story telling and I like that. I like that my character can go toe to toe with the best but then in the next issue be dimension hopping with his son.
>>
>>87718653
>their
there*
>>
>>87718653
Worth mentioning I've always had these discussions in my head so I've never actually presented that to someone lol.
>>
>>87718572
Honestly I one of the biggest reasons why I like Superman is because he is a hero simply because he's trying to help. He isn't defined by any trauma or ulterior motive. He is a hero to be a hero. I know it's kinda boring but in a world where everyone seems to have some big reason to put on the spandex it's nice to have someone who just simply wants to help people.
>>
>>87717215
His day will come soon.
>>
>>87717178
>>87717215
THANK YOU ZACK SNYDER

YOUR HIGH LEVEL STRATEGIES WILL NOT BE IN VAIN!
>>
>>87717641
You are a faggot
>>
>>87716817
I've always thought the best story potential for superman had him as an exterior force, rather than a character. Giving an unkillable god character development seems like something that would fit a side character at best.
>>
>>87717435
>All Star Superman

When haters complain about Superman being a perfect Gary Stu that and Donner Supes are the incarnations they're referencing.

>>87719874
Like with the guy you're responding to. Surprise. He liked DCAU Superman, in which he was presented as an actual character in his own right, rather than as the perfect fictional father figure for adolescents with daddy issues.
>>
File: bros4lyfe.jpg (69KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
bros4lyfe.jpg
69KB, 500x409px
>>87717550
This, batman and superman are best friends and they work differently but respect eachother
>>
Or maybe people truly just don't like this specific fictional character.

Ever think about that, OP?
>>
>>87716817
>They're just looking for some (you)'s.

Last time I checked, these threads crying about people not liking Superman are the most common.

Get over yourself and stop thinking you're better than others for liking some comic book superhero.
>>
>>87720513
The animated series was mediocre. So off course he's wrong.
>>
>>87717215
It's been a thing since the New 52 tried to make him cool and it worked. I remember there being dozens of people defending Aquaman every time someone said he sucked or was lame.
>>
Superman fans are not a real fandom, it's more like a creepy cult.
>>
>>87720513
If anyone complains about All Star Superman being OP, then they clearly lack reading comprehension, didn't read the fucking book or are fucking retarded.
>>
>>87722722
Batman's fandom is much worse. Hell, anything /a/ related also makes the Superman fandom seem tame.
>>
>>87722760
You just need to check /co/ everyday to know how bad Superfags have been.
>>
>>87722760
On /co/? If anything the Batman fanbase here is the least worst considering all the constant attacks they have to endure
>>
>>87722778
I do frequent /co/, and admittedly this is the only place where Superman threads are either "Superman's better than x character" or it's people fighting each other over which version is the best, which is all the damn time. The constant Superbro threads are fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>87720800
go back to bizarro world
>>
Without Crisis of Infinite Earths everything would be easier for Superman..

I think he would have less problems
>>
>>87718653
What gives Superman a ridiculous edge against arguments is that there are so many versions of him.

>too strong
Read Golden Age or the depowered arc in new 52.
>too weak
Silver Age.
>too nice
Golden Age, New 52 (sometimes)
>not nice enough
Silver Age, Rebirth

etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1280x3967px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1280x3967px
>>
>>87722778
>>87722802
>>87722722
oh poor little victims, must be hard trying to scape for attention
>>
>>87718131
Wonder Woman fans have word to say.
>>
>>87724134
:^)
>>
>>87724776
Wonder Woman has fans?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.