[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get back to the days of heroes doing heroic shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Cyclops.jpg (222KB, 1300x650px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops.jpg
222KB, 1300x650px
Will we ever get back to the days of heroes doing heroic shit or are we stuck with the current "assholes with super powers" vibe where there are no heroes or villains?
>>
Only when Hero vs Hero stops selling.
>>
>>87702741
Hopefully, with the popularity that books like Rebirth have been getting and the abysmal sale of Civil War II, I'd say it's just a matter of time.
>>
>>87702741
You fell for Civil War meme years ago, now you suffer.
>>
>>87702754
I didn't think Civil War II was selling that badly. Or is Rebirth just selling that well that it makes CW look like it's selling badly?
>>
>>87702741
I like the idea of "there are no heroes or villains" but I doubt Marvel can pull it off across all their titles. It's just "assholes with super powers".
>>
>>87702857
The problem is that everyone turn into an idiot.
>>
>>87702741
I only really care about them fridging the O5 babies. Every second they continue existing in the future gives me the impending fear that they'll be used to systematically replace their older counterparts to retcon a whole lot of development.
>>
>>87702747
Considering CW2 isn't exactly doing well (even without counting the part where it's actively poisoning the sales of other books) that time might be closer than we think
>>
>>87702798
By event standards, Civil War II is bombing hard. It's still decently selling, but only compared to the current (ever-dwindling) sales of Marvel's roster and definitely NOT in comparison to, say, the first Civil War.
Doesn't help that some books like Ms Marvel have had their sales going down ever since the CWII label was slapped on their covers.
>>
>>87702741
Isn't that the whole point of Rebirth?
>>
>>87703184
No. Even during the shitty era of 2005-2010 DC wasn't big on hero v. hero. That's Marvel's thing.

In 2010 Marvel did "the Heroic Age" which in theory was what OP is asking for but we saw how well that turned out.
>>
>>87703428
I completely skipped/missed Heroic Age. I've seen literally everyone say it was terrible. What happened?
>>
>>87703459
I mean I wouldn't say it was TERRIBLE. It's just you had a few months of characters saying "wow, guys, sure is great that all that Dark Reign shit is over!" before things just continued as normal.

There were some shitty comics coming out, though. Bendisvengers, Fraction's Thor, Fraction's Iron Man started getting awful, etc.
>>
>>87703428
Did you miss Identity Crisis and Infinity Crisis?: Did you miss the fact that post IC up until the new 52 Marvel was selling almost twice as much as DC every month. The only exeception to this was when Marvel had to delay Civil War and its' ENTIRE line for months due to Mcniven slowness.
>>
>>87703663
Identity Crisis was definitely hero v. hero but Infinite was only kind-of. After Infinite Crisis that stuff went away at DC, with the exception of maybe Blackest Night but that kind of had a reason behind it.

DC was plenty edgy at the time but at least the villains were the edgy ones.

And yeah I know DC was doing shitty then, and yes a big part of that is because fanboys like to see heroes fighting each other. I know because I was a Marvelfag back then and was like that, and I thought DC was for fags.

That say I could be wrong about DC in that era because I only know from retrospect, and obviously the stuff I went back to read is mostly what was good.
>>
>>87702857
Marlel is going full retard with moral ambiguity. It's in the Netflix series with daredevil, frank, elektra, Luke cage, jessica jones and (soon?) iron fist. Its in the MCU cos nothings gonna be the same after civil war. Its been in the comics since like 2006. How casuals are capable of still calling DC dark and nihilistic, I dont understand
>>
>>87702741
You know I was just thinking about this the other day.

I recently started replaying Ultimate Alliance and it really made me happy, the way comics used to make me happy. Seeing all of these different heroes uniting to stop a great evil is what I think of when I think of what a comic event should be.

Nowadays it's all about hero vs hero and a bunch of infighting bullshit. That stuff is fun every once in a while but it has become the status quo, at least with Marvel.

It doesn't feel like they have heroes anymore. All they have are a bunch of super powered jerks that have pointless drama and over the head political statements. There are no fun battles of good vs evil anymore.
>>
>>87702741
>heroes doing heroic shit
Heroes do heroic shit and fight villains all the fucking time. It's just that events tend to be hero vs hero stories, and those are the only ones most fans casuals pay attention to, creating an inaccurate perception of how things are. Yes, there are a lot of hero vs hero sories, but there are far more hero vs villain stories, it's just that people don't pay as much attention to them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.