[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /co/ watch Lucifer? the newest episodes have been pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: lucifer-ellis-german.jpg (473KB, 2850x1900px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer-ellis-german.jpg
473KB, 2850x1900px
Does /co/ watch Lucifer? the newest episodes have been pretty fun. how are the comics?

there's a current ongoing I've never heard anyone ever talk about
>>
>>87701756

The show has improved in a lot of ways. I would say it has some writing tropes like secret keeping between characters as a narrative device that can be really annoying, but as more characters learn the secret, the less annoying the show has become.

It is really funny though.

>yogi massacre 2016
>>
>>87701764
the dude who plays Amadeal would of been such a good Luke Cage
>>
>>87701772

He would have had more range at least. He also has a history with genre fiction as well being he is a Buffy Alum
>>
>>87701779
he just seems like a more charismatic guy
that new tech chick is such a good addition to the show it just adds a lot of chemistry to the cast
>>
>>87701796

It helps take some of the hats off of lauren german having to do so much on the show, that is true.
>>
>>87701756
So the therapist finally came to therms by accepting him as being the devil himself?
Not showering him with questions about the other world, how paradise works, what´s the face of God and etc, like what´s expected from any person which a middle philosophic background?
>>
Will Dream appear?
>>
>>87701959
I think Dream, Death, Despair, Desire and other sandman characters are copyright of Neil Gayman and Vertigo.
Lucifer however is a public domain.
>>
>>87702017
its a Vertigo show
Gaiman gave it a thumbs up
>>
>>87701756

Comics have really not much to do with the show. Not sure about the current on-going but it's probably the same (as with iZombie, for example). Only TV things that all comic books are better adapted as police procedurals.
>>
>>87701906
She did ask plenty of questions. All but the last appearance between them was that. Did you really think they would spend the rest of the season on it?
>>
>>87701756
>how are the comics?
I don't read the current one. The old comic is not very focused on Lucifer but parts that are, are well written. In comics there are no last minute heroic rescues for the most and lucy can be a type of person that will go to universe destroying lengths to save someone he wants to save while just letting 2 trespassers in his house starve to death because they trespassed. Both maze and Lucifer are better in comics, because they don't have YAY SIN mindsets they have in show. Lucifer is also less blatantly self centered. The whole story seemed nihilistic to me. I found the inclusion of eastern religion tiresome and the art was wonky, especially at the start. overall nice way to pass a day, there are only 75 issues and like 3 story arcs.
>>
>>87701779
Who was he in buffy?
>>87701772
I don't get that feeling
>>87701764
yeah the forensics girl is a qt fresh breath of air and not yet overused. I wish the overarching plot was done better
>>
>>87701756
I want to like it, but it just doesn't use the goddamn source material.
>>
File: arturo.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
arturo.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
The most recent episode was the best episode in the series.

Sadly the series is plagued by its procedural aspects which drown out the mythical aspects. Sometimes the mythical aspects suck too, but in general they have a pretty good mythos.
>>
File: Lucifer-TV-actress.jpg (37KB, 360x538px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer-TV-actress.jpg
37KB, 360x538px
ALSO GOD FUCKING DAMN IT STOP PURSING YOUR LIPS ALL THE TIME

WHENEVER YOU'RE ON SCREEN I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE SECRETLY TAKING A SHIT

and it doesn't help that each and every fucking character looks like a supermodel
>>
File: protectedimage.php.jpg (18KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
protectedimage.php.jpg
18KB, 599x337px
>this is my cop face
>>
>trump is going to hell
why, just why?
>>
>>87703939
Nobody knows, actually. God has been absent for a few hundred years and nobody seems to know what the fuck he wants or why things are the way they are.
>>
>>87703675
Just ignore that it has source material. An anon said earlier Lucifer seems like a show that had nothing to do with the comics but then someone said "tie the comic to it and it'll probably fly better at a pitch meeting because everyone wants to make a comic show now" all it really takes from the comic is some quotes. It's pretty easy to disassociate since it's not like Neil invented Lucifer.
>>87703939
Well duh Trump is going to hell. I know it's probably a senselessly political takedown of Trump but Trump is totally going to Hell even if you don't think the guy is Hitler 2.0. All Politicians are.
>>
>>87703997
>Well duh Trump is going to hell. I know it's probably a senselessly political takedown of Trump but Trump is totally going to Hell even if you don't think the guy is Hitler 2.0. All Politicians are.
I don't mind the joke but I do mind the timing
>>
>>87704059
To be fair when they shot this they probably had no idea Trump was going to still be relevant for at least 4 more years, so they had to get it in while they could.
>>
>>87704073
Trump seems to have been semi relevant his whole life. When rewatching jump street tv show I saw characters joking about his "art of the deal" book and over the years there have been various jokes about his tv shows, hotels and various other crap. Im assuming you are right but it still rubs me the wrong why (like when clone wars tv show had an ep about deregulating the banks the day they started talking about it in the government ) conversation being in the same breath as Hitler instead of some offhand remark made in a club or at a crime scene also did not help me view of it. I will admit that some of it is my problem but I still think its legit to say that the joke was bit on the nose
>>
>>87701756
I was really disappointed with the true form reveal that borked his therapist. Lucifer is supposed to be the most beautiful of God's angels, as we saw in the show with his wings. They should have gotten Fabio with a twilight sparkle effect or something. Instead we got spoopy monster man.
And not even a creative spoopy monster man, a pretty lazy, generic one.
>>
>>87704984
I really wanted this. Instead we got melted-face-man. Either way it doesn't matter, nothing can depict a face so horrifying that it makes some people literally go insane and even makes hardened criminals piss their pants.
>>
File: HIM.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
HIM.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
Also acceptable
>>
>>87701756
Lucifer is the best show on Fox right now. It's really found its footing.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.