[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the MCU have such awful villians? The only decent ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: ultron.jpg (148KB, 616x800px) Image search: [Google]
ultron.jpg
148KB, 616x800px
Why does the MCU have such awful villians? The only decent ones are Loki and Red skull, everyone else is completely uninteresting
>>
>>87693290
>That image
>Im-fucking-plying
I shall take your bait, but sage all the same
>>
>>87693290
Test Audiences

Scary ones get negative feedback and thus softened.

And keeping them alive for multiple movies is a bit useless as the universe may very well be restarted before they exhaust all the ones they have access too.
>>
>>87694523
>as the universe may very well be restarted before they exhaust all the ones they have access too.
For as awful as the Dark Knight trilogy ended up, I really enjoyed having Scarecrow show up in all three of them. I guess it just helped keep things kind of grounded?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (69KB, 946x630px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
69KB, 946x630px
>>87693290
But the MCU has great villains.
>>
>>87694636
>For as awful as the Dark Knight trilogy ended up,

Say what?
>>
>>87693290
fuck me everytime i see that god awful Ultron my toes fucking clench.
Why does he have lips?
why does he have teeth?
why does he have speakers in his cheeks... but only sometimes, what are they for, and why do they go away sometimes?
why was yellowjacket a better ultron than ultron?
fuck
>>
>>87694659
The last movie was shit.
Practically a parody at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ
>>
>>87693290
I actually liked Ultron.

Don't get me wrong, his motivation and plan were both crappy, but at least he was acted well, he had good writing and he was entertaining.

Unlike every single Ironman villain...
>>
>>87694737
It's even worse knowing that they had a great design for him, and just threw it away. Remember that first look where Ultron was between Steve and Tony?
Fuck, I'm still mad.
>>
>>87694744
Wouldn't it be funny if CIA filed his flight plan to have three captives on board, and Bane just fucked up?
>>
>>87693290
https://youtu.be/5DX2i48h1p4?t=531
https://youtu.be/GIC_jmLBnxM?t=1035
General Ross was very good. But scrapped.
>>
>>87694744
Oh yeah true. That still doesn't stop the first two films from being good though.
>>
>>87694737
The reason of course is that Whedon's a fucking hack.
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (219KB, 843x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.jpg
219KB, 843x691px
>>87693290
If the rumors of Constantin Films (the actual owners of the Fantastic Four movie rights, who in turn allow Fox to make the movies) liquidating their film division to focus on sports are true, then I think Marvel may soon have the villain they most desperately need.
>>
>>87694744
Heath Ledger's death fucked everything up, so that Batman's nemesis ended up being a footnote of a mid-boss.
>>
>>87695151
I don't think so. Joker would have been the Judge instead of Crane in the third film. It still would have been Bane and Talia as the big bads.
>>
>>87695009
I would rather have no Doom in Marvel movies than a quippy Doom.
>>
>>87694958

The first two films have their own sets of problems.
>>
>>87693290
Because they're mostly written as antagonists rather than as characters.

They're not given much personality beyond evil person and sure they'll have some motivation or backstop you to exposition but none of it will be reflected in their characterisation or behaviour.

See Kaecilius; we know the guy's family is dead and that he's after eternal life while believing the Ancient One's a hypocrite...because we're told that.
He never seems to be grieving or thinking about what he's lost, nor does he actually particularly incensed when he runs into the ancient one.

In the end he's just a barrier for Strange to overcome.
>>
File: 1479120785352.jpg (49KB, 520x483px) Image search: [Google]
1479120785352.jpg
49KB, 520x483px
>>87693290
Dr. Strange had a great villain, and Mordo is going to be even better.
>>
>>87694764
I actually really liked his motivation. He wanted to force humanity into a rapid evolution by introducing a cataclysmic event and having faith that as a species they'd survive it. It's not Ultron's usual "kill all humans" attitude, but it works really well for a character known for constantly upgrading himself to want to "upgrade" humanity.

Ultron was a great villain stuck in a mediocre movie. He could have been GOAT if his design was a bit more akin to the drones, a few of his more misplaces quips were removed, and the plot of the film made him more of a threat and less reliant on the twins.
>>
>>87693290
MCU has amazing villains, they're just all on Netflix.
>>
>>87695328
>Because they're mostly written as antagonists rather than as characters.

Other way around
>>
>>87693290
Dîsney™ quality. Can't have anything that'd spook the kiddies.
>>
>>87695197

Don't you get it? Everyone would be quipping around Doom, but Doom would be on point not giving a fuck.
>>
>>87694764
I agree. Although his plan sucked and he failed horribly at it, the way he acted was way more charismatic than the majority of the human villains in the MCU.
>>
>>87695322
Well yeah. No film is perfect but they're still pretty enjoyable movies at the end of the day.
>>
>>87697203
Sounds fucking awful desu.
>>
>>87694659
they aint very well made anon
>>
>>87697397

>Hey Cap, What Kind of name is Doom?
>He's a Doctor at that
>who let's a guy named Von Doom have a doctorate?

Then Doom just kills one of them and says he has no time for their unwitty witticisms
>>
>>87695393
>dr strange had a great villain
well acted caecillius was, a good villain he was not.
>>
>>87695322
Dark Knight is still watchable as fuck, I can play it at any given time and is always exiting
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.