[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /co/'s opinion? I just started watching. It has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What is /co/'s opinion?

I just started watching. It has its moments. Worth continuing?
>>
>>87678454
I liked it. Kind of King of the Hill mixed with Bojack Horseman. I see a lot of criticism for its slower pace, which I get, but I really love the themes and character development.I already loved Bill Bur though.

Also them ripping on symphonic metal is hilarious. It must have been what my parents thought all through my high school years.
>>
I haven't watched it because I kind of got the impression it was a really stereotypical "family" sitcom... stubborn/stupid dad, rebel son, sweet mom, etc... does it really have character development?
>>
>>87678842
Yup.

It portrays growing up in a house that is ready to break really well, and the only character who really doesn't get any arc is the daughter.

It isn't by any means an amazing or very deep show, and it isn't trying to be. It feels a little like if That 70s Show wasn't trying to be funny and people were just as shitty as people in real life tend to be. Or like, if you removed the heart from a National Lampoon's Vacation movie.

There is heart there, but there's a lot of cynicism and it is pretty well earned by all of the characters who are deeply unhappy with their lives but stuck in with the status quo because any attempt at change is a fight, either within the house or against the world as a whole.

It is only 6 episodes, and they go by pretty fast. I really enjoyed it because I grew up in that sort of environment and it helps humanize those sorts of people without asking you forgive them. Plus Bill Burr is great in it and there are some funny side gags.
>>
Through the fucking wall
>>
Slow start. Got really good towards the end though
>>
"If anything happens while I'm gone, call me at work and I'll come right home, and put you through that fucking wall!"
>>
For sure watch it if you've already started, there's only 6 episodes
>>
File: [candor and mirth ceases].png (331KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
[candor and mirth ceases].png
331KB, 600x431px
Does anyone else stop laughing when they have arguments? Those are a little too close for comfort for me. Reminds me too much of my mom and dad arguing.

Side note: it's pretty brilliant how well they utilize touching moments or jokes to bookend the major "bad" moments. Excellent tension buildup/release. Just another reason why I love the show.
>>
OP back, already finished watching. Didn't realize at first that it would be so brief.

I was definitely pleasantly surprised that there was almost as much drama as there was comedy.

>That moment when Bill is hiding under the bed while his parents are having that raging argument...
>And he's still under the bed when they start fucking.
>>
>>87681315
I really hope it works out for Bill. Poor guy's learning all the wrong lessons, and getting scolded and punished for it, so he tries to learn from his dad and brother, and he learns all the wrong lessons...
>>
>>87681315
>that fucking nutt shot
So incredibly unneeded.
>>
>>87679111
"I'M TUHRYING TO SLEEP!"

"THEN CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SHUT THE FUCK UP"

>>87681256
Nah, I stop too, those momenta get tense.

Though when Frank is ranting I picture Burr in the recording booth firing off and I just can't stop laughing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.