[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/ I missed most of pic related's discussions because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: doctor-strange.png (2MB, 1434x712px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange.png
2MB, 1434x712px
Hey /co/
I missed most of pic related's discussions because I was trying to avoid spoilers...

Just watched it the other day and I reaaally liked it.

What does /co/ thought about it?
>>
>>87675738
Yeah I mean. Yo this certainly was a Marvel movie alright, if there ever was one.

>>
>>87675766
U dont need to be a dick...
fuck you
>>
>>87675738
Mordo did nothing wrong. He should've been they Sorceror Supreme.
>>
>>87675738
Strange's interaction and defeat of Dormammu was refreshing
>>
Awesome movie

>The cast was fantastic
>The overall story is solid and provides everyone with the necessary pathos
>The action scenes are inventive and kinetic
>The worldbuilding is compelling
>The CGI is top-notch
>The dialogue is sharp

HOWEVER

>It moves at breakneck speed
>It has a few misplaced jokes
>The first half has A LOT of exposition

Overall a 9/10. Impressive.
>>
>>87675846
>Be part of an organization of sorcerers who bend reality to preserve reality
>"Hurr durr, how can you use this really useful power to bend reality in order to save reality, fuck this I'm out."
Mordo's a tool.
>>
My complaint would have to be that some serious moments were ruined because some jokes came immediately after them
>>
>>87675738
A lot of normies enjoyed it, so /co/ will autistically tell you all the things that are bad about it.
>>
>>87675901
>It moves at breakneck speed

I'd argue the exact opposite, for the first half at least. you could've cut most of the first hour out and not missed much.
>>
I definitely liked it, but I dunno. It's the first marvel movie that I get the complaints of it being a very cookie cutter super hero origin movie. I loved ant man though. I'd probably put this movie between the first Captain America and the first Thor. The visuals were 10/10, but some jokes felt out of place. And like some other anons have said, the beginning of the movie was really long, and then suddenly picked up immediately. It was literally like "and this is the bad guy's plan-OH SHIT THERE'S THE BAD GUY"

Overall a good movie, with a pretty clever ending that could've been handled slightly better. Still more enjoyable than any of the recent DC movies.
>>
its good

thoroughly enjoyed it, story was simple, but it keeps the focus on the characters, so its alright, visuals are amazing
>>
>>87676142
Why does every origin story need a big baddy? Seriously. I wish someone tried making a super hero movie where there wasn't necessarily one super boss that needed to be beaten.
>>
I liked it too OP. Really fun to watch. Made me want to learn now more about the guy. Trying to find Ditko's run for free online somewhere.
>>
I just saw it today, and I enjoyed it.
Disappointed that there weren't any Crimson Bands of Cytorak, or anything like that, but the magic still looked good.
I enjoyed how much time was spent building him up. I remember watching the cartoon movie and it was comical at how fast everything clicked for him just for the sake of the time limit.
>>
Jokes are bad.
Shit looks neat.
The climax is good and tricky. I like seeing magic written this way.
I don't know the Eye of Agamotto to fuck with time much in the comics? I thought it was more of a seeing the future or other dimensions thing.
>>
>>87680428
They made the Eye of Agamotto into the Time Gem for the movies.

It may get it's more standard omniscience based powers after it gets busted/stolen by Thanos, I guess.
>>
>>87676001
Gotta build a character to break him down. They could have spent more time on the ancient one though. Such a qt
>>
Saw it in 3d imax because friend works there. Really enjoyable movie. Not as many laughs as the others though but I did hear some awe.

> that poor disciple in the fish tank
>>
>>87678436

I just got the art book the other day and the device that wrapped around Kaecilius was called the Crimson Bands of Cytorak in the concept art.
>>
>>87681036
What was the rod that the obese librarian was using? I feel like I've seen it before
>>
>>87681083
The living tribunal's stick or something...I don't know why the living tribunal would need something like that though
Wong best dude though
>>
>>87681114
That's it. Thanks cause it was almost nagging me because for a second I tried to find deeper meaning in the little things since I usually miss stuff.
>>
>>87681114
Wand of watoomb
>>
>>87676708
What, like Civil War?
>>
>>87675738
2/10 plot
9/10 visuals.

Sorceress was the best part.
>>
>yfw the battle against Dormammu was pretty much Ventrilloharrasment
>>
>>87675738
I really liked it too OP.
Whaddya wanna talk aboot?
>>
Cumberbatch is looking more like a human being in this one than I've ever seen him before, what has he done with himself? He looks normal nowadays, while before he looked like some sort of attenuated alien infiltrator
>>
>>87675738
meh. nothing to talk about. it just was
>>
The complaint of jokes falling flat is so stupid

The point of those isn't to make you laugh, it's to make the atmosphere lighter.
>>
I thought the way Kaecilius was bound was pretty hot.
>>
File: 1478379784068.gif (2MB, 352x199px) Image search: [Google]
1478379784068.gif
2MB, 352x199px
>>87684318
I smiled so much my cheeks hurt afterward.
>>
>>87685988
I think it's just that he's put on some weight, so he looks a little healthier.
>>
>>87675738
Visually stunning, but I didn't like how quippy they made Strange. Really got the impression that they were characterizing him as a magical Iron Man. Story also felt derivative of the first Iron Man movie.

I did like how they ended up resolving the conflict with Dormammu, though. That was something that I thought was refreshing as it was Strange outsmarting a foe that was leagues more powerful than him.
>>
>>87684318
>Dormammu: Fucking wizard, DELET THIS!!
>>
Basically the House movie that never existed.

So it was 10/10.
>>
>>87681036
That doesn't right at all. It's more similar to the binding spell Mordo used on Strange in the comic origin.

>>87681083
The Wand of Watomb. Watomb is an oft-called on sorcerous entity in Dr. Strange books.
>>
>>87681114
Staff of the Living Tribunal was Mordo's weapon.

And him having a beatstick/whip relic empowered by the biggest judge in the multiverse probably says something about his character.
>>
File: hannibal-digestivo.jpg (178KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal-digestivo.jpg
178KB, 1280x719px
>>87686219
there's a few scenes in Hannibal which may interest you
>>
>>87675738
>Shit Pacing
>Qupis ruining the moments
>Strange being Stark v2 instead of being Strange
>Wasted Villain
>Weak plot

6.5/10 on a Marvel scale
>>
>>87686656

Wand of Watomb is like a regular Macguffin
>>
>>87681114

The Living Tribunal can have a stick if he so desires.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.