[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks Supergirl will ruin the CW Universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

Am I the only one who thinks Supergirl will ruin the CW Universe?

They really shouldn't merge the shows unless they are planning to do a Justice League or something
>>
Yes you are you overreacting loser.
>>
>>87668805
Good news them, she is not merging
>>
>>87668820
Who hurt you, anon?
>>
>>87668805
I like Supergirl. There is less cringe moment.
And the cringy part in episode 3 where she said that the woman president is amazing and "Who would vote for the other guy ?" is now pure comedy gold.
>>
>>87668833
They aren't merging this year.

I think if Arrow does badly enough that they choose not to keep going and Legends gets cancelled they will have an event merging the Earth's.

Cause Flash-Supergirl shenanigans.
>>
>>87668833
Yes they are. That is what the crossover episode is for
>>
>>87668805
You can't ruin whats already shit.
>>
The inclusion of one show cant destroy the CW Universe even if its really bad. Each show can only ruin themselves.
>>
File: Supergirl.jpg (128KB, 286x612px) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl.jpg
128KB, 286x612px
>>87668805
She's better in the comics anon, just a genderbent clark kent in the show but even cornier.

I've seriously tried watching Supergirl a lot, Season 1 through 2 but it's so fucking cringy at times and the acting is balls. Why do people love it again?
>>
>>87668805
They aren't merging them. Supergirl is still her own universe.
>>
>>87668905
No it's not. The crossover is an alien invasion so Barry goes to Supergirl's universe to get her help.
>>
>>87668805
>will ruin the CW Universe?

How? that universe is shit already
>>
>>87668905
There is no crossover episode for Supergirl, kiddo. Just a teaser at the end of an episode that leads into the other three.

I remember when everyone was swearing up and down that Flashpoint would lead to a merging. It didn't happen then, and it's not happening now.
>>
>>87668963
I would rather have a SuperMAN show but I like it because:
+ She is cute. Watchign her fight with the mini skirt is nice.
+ Plot actually move faster than Flash Season 2.
+ The show try really hard to have her "emote" like Superman do. There is nice moment when she work with maxwell Lord to save the city. She manage to break mind control by speaking to people and I found that good.

These show are like animated cartoon but with real people.
>>
Is Supergirl less cringey yet? I'm in episode 4 of S1 and it's still pretty cringey
>>
>>87669109
You watched the worse. Episode 1 to 4 are SHIT.
Episode 5 is where it become better.
>>
>>87669214
Oh.

Well I keep it playing in the background till it gets good then.
>>
>>87669103
I like Martain Manhunter, I enjoyed Kat Grant and even like Snapper being a miserable bastard.

Sometimes I feel there's a lack of overarching plot in S1, they've even admitted with S2 they don't know if they're bringing back supes because they haven't planned to the end of the season yet.

I think the characters overact and the dialogue is sometimes corny, like LOT. The Flash's acting is probably the best right now.

For example it feels very cartoon like in tone sometimes so when something like Mon-El nearly fucking a journalist in the printing room happens it feels jarring for a show that seems mainly geared towards younger girls primarily. Not saying it doesn't appeal to Flash fans, the parallels are there between the shows but I think Supergirl goes overboard at times.

That said I've enjoyed S2 more than 1 so far and whilst there's still cringy acting, heavy handed preachy morals and a overtly feminist undercurrent I find it more watchable now.
>>
>>87669109
i tuned in to the most recent episode after dropping it on S1E04 or05

there was some sidestory where her sister turned out to be a lesbian and superman was fucking a random office girl with no condom
>>
>>87668908
>>87669024
I prefer this to the dc movie verse so fuck you.
>>
>>87669276
The hight point of S1 for me where:
+Cat Grant
+The toyman episode, the dude kill people with toys. He is a real psychopath.
+Supergirl fighting a Bizarra.
+The Dark Mercy episode.

The show has its hand tied sometime because they have to use secondary characters but it is ok.

As for feminism, the first 4 epsiode where full of it, and I hated that. the others one are OK. I am a gamergate/Trump Supporter but I found no issue here. After she is Supergirl, she need to be powerfull and people should like at her like they look at Superman. It is fair. I liked the moment when she manage to convince someone to give her his gun despite having no power at the times. Like Superman would be able too.

This show MIGHT help girl to get into the good world of comics
>>
>>87669559
Well her current run has taken elements from the show, and it's complete shit so far.
>>
It's already pretty fucking shit since last season
>>
>>87669627
I like some of it. Art is decent but she look to young in the run and we don't get why she evolved from her New52 angry being to the depressed person she is now.

Also starting her first arc with Cyborg Superman, was a mistake.
>>
>>87669559
One recent nitpick I found was they nerfed Mon-El's powers completely and that may have been done due to the creators not wanting a male hero overshadowing her in the absence of Superman.

Incidentally for me, this makes her look weaker because they're afraid to use other Kryptonian/Daxamite characters in the show when that's a big part of the Super-Mythos.

I think you can get away with overusing Supers more than you can with speedsters in Flash. Especially if they use the Kandor arc.
>>
is Supergirl a lesbian in this universe?
>>
I wish they would turn Supergirl into a straight-up Superfamily show with Superman as a regular member of the cast. The first two episodes of the second season were REALLY good.
>>
>>87670599
NO

If the incredibly sexy duo of WellingClark and VandervoortKara don't get super family fun times, then these dorks don't get to. It's not fair
>>
>>87670559
No but her sister is.
>>
>>87670559

No, but Alex is going experimental here this season.
>>
>>87670655
does she make out with a girl?
does she finger her gf?
does she suck on her bean?
this is important
>>
>>87670682
Important for your dick?
>>
>>87670715
important for my heart.
/u/ isn't for masturbation.
/u/ is for joy.
>>
>>87670559
She may have a crush on Lena Luthor
>>
>>87669442
Enjoy eating shit then.
>>
>people liking Cat Grant

Are you people fucking brain dead?

She's the absolute worst thing about the show.
>>
>>87671280
Enjoy your emo superman and gun shooting batman.
>>
>>87671677
Its still better than the piece of shit tv verse.
>>
>>87669288
That wasn't Clark/Superman bro.
>>
>>87668805
nope
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.