[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try to name a better character than Lee in the comics. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 526
Thread images: 115

File: Lee.png (203KB, 324x422px) Image search: [Google]
Lee.png
203KB, 324x422px
Try to name a better character than Lee in the comics. I fucking dare you
>>
He was a black man in the Walking Dead franchise so he had no chance
>>
File: Numbuh_Infinity.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Numbuh_Infinity.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
Straight busta
>>
>>87654406
Holy Christ, all of the non-kenny and clem characters in season 2 were morons. I wish Lee was around to knock some sense into those people.
>>
>>87654406
This one guy in the prison, I forgot his name (Andrew I think) but I think he was the only prisoner that was actually a good guy and helped the group in everything they needed.

And then he was killed when the governor got grumpy.
>>
>>87654785
Fucking Jane. What a cunt
>>
>>87655048
Axel was the best prisoner. Everyone else was shit
>>
>>87655405
I only picked up the gun expecting to shoot her
>>
>>87654785
Luke was good
>>
>>87654785
I liked Luke. His death was dumb.
>>
ask not for whom the bell tolls

it tolls for Lee
>>
>>87654785
The entire cabin group were morons. If there was anything Carver was right about is them being incompetent.
>>
>>87654785
Season 2 was a mistake, they should have went with Luke vs Kenny like from the beginning. Jane would have made a much better sacrifice during the thin ice scene whilst putting intense strain on Luke's relationship towards Kenny.

it's like the writers forgot how to create narrative and character development, or probably didn't have any knowledge of in the first place considering this was the "b team".
>>
>>87654785
Luke. Luke was great.

Also, I chose to shoot Kenny.
>>
>>87660433
Seriously fuck Kenny
>>
>>87660502
yeah, fuck the only competent person you've ever come across.
>>
>>87657732
Jane was fine as a foil to Kenny. Kenny was obsessed with tribalism and having a core group and Jane was very much an individualist trying to convince herself that there was no point in caring for other people because they will fail you.

Both are complete scumbags. Kenny was perfectly happy to sacrifice people outside his group to get a shot at killing Carver and was trying to sabotage Carver's base and let the zombies in.

Jane stole from Arvo's only means of protection and intentionally left him helpless against zombies and was kept telling you not to stick your neck out for people who won't take care of themselves.

I don't think Walking Dead of all series needs you to have a binary morality choice.
>>
>>87660502

> Muh Family!

> Muh Boat!

> Muh Wellington!

Kenny was a mistake
>>
>>87660502

> Muh Family!

> Muh Boat!

> Muh Wellington!

Kenny was a mistake...
>>
>tfw playing in black and white

Truly the best way to experience the games
>>
>>87657732
Both Jane and Kenny were shit, but by the end of it I still stood by Kenny. You know, because he didn't leave a fucking baby out in the goddamn cold!

I kept expecting to eventually have Jane tell us she didn't have to leave her sister behind, but that she did it so she wouldn't die.

Jane's willingness to be friendly to wards us would've made more sense if we were just a second chance for her to actually save someone.
>>
>>87660547
Double Dubs don't lie

>>87660833
>>87660866
>>
>>87654406
who /cutoffarm/ here?
I thought it would save him D:
>>
Lee's death was so anti-climactic it drags down the entire season
>>
>>87654785
I wanted to ride luke's dick.

But yeah, fuck everyone else.
>>
>>87661051
>thinking your decision matters in a TTG game

You should've realized it didn't after the first 3 episodes
>>
File: crazy.png (327KB, 713x681px) Image search: [Google]
crazy.png
327KB, 713x681px
CARVER WAS RIGHT
>>
If I knew nothing else about Kenny the fact that /v/ has all but canonized him would've been enough for me to be sure he was a shit.
On the plus side it's thanks to him that I call people "shitbirds" now.
Either way he'll die at the start of season 3 even if you saved him because Telltale. Jane too.
>>
File: image.png (237KB, 395x494px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
237KB, 395x494px
So many tasteless plebs in this thread.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJtlUYgzRmE
>>
>>87661051
After learning about lee's death, I lost any desire to play the game. Just seems like such a waste. Plus, his death was so... unfortunate. And Clementine's fault, holy shit.
>>
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
1453215583180.jpg
21KB, 400x418px
>>87654406
All of them?
>>87654785
Clem was pretty stupid in season 2 but she was a kid
>>87656722
>>87657116
fun tidbit Luke was suppose to be the fight/showdown with Kenny at the end of season 2 but the forums didn't like him going as far as calling him a creeper and what not, in a panic to ensure word of mouth and keep retards like OP posting about their game they swap it with Jane who was getting constant praise (at the time) on those same forms.
really season 2 just showed that without the emotional manipulation of season 1 they just can't keep an audience
>>
File: 1462298483888.png (94KB, 225x247px) Image search: [Google]
1462298483888.png
94KB, 225x247px
>>87663087
I doubt they will kill him because he and Clem are all they have to manipulate the old fans of the series, cut them out and they have no grounds of a fandom.
Bluntly my issues with TTG is they suck at narrative at a Quantum Dream level.

>want to escape city
>have a broken down RV that needs parts
>with group after adventure with cannibals
>find a abandon car near the RV full with supplies
>even has keys in the ignition
>make everyone who is weak and tried carry boxes of supplies back to base and leave the car there
>never go back to strip it's engine for parts
>"oh noes the guy is stalking us! How that happen?"
I mean for fucksakes this is what I expect out of a middle school writing not someone that's paid for it.
>>
>>87654406
I don't see how anyone could defend TWD's writing besides "muh emotions" Even in season 1, the plot was pretty directionless and it just killed off people at random. And we all know season 2 was a fucking trainwreck. What was the appeal here?
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (456KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
456KB, 600x573px
>>87663172
The entire game we were lead to believe it was Clem's, when in fact it was Lee's smile that needed protecting
>>
>>87660758
Kenny was also constantly beating a kid for almost no reason. He gets an extended death scene with sad music. Most people chose to shoot him anyway. It's safe to say that the narrative was biased against him.
>>
>>87663087
I dunno about /v/, but after sticking with Kenny for most of S1 and finally having him and Ben go off at each other in ep5 and then square things out was amazing. Easily my favourite scene in that game.
>>
>mfw I thought those gun practices would pay off
Fucking Sarah holy shit
>>
File: Loeb.jpg (43KB, 346x457px) Image search: [Google]
Loeb.jpg
43KB, 346x457px
>>87663395
forgot my face
>>
>>87663402
Is that a smile?
>>
File: gaming-the-last-of-us-cover-art.jpg (366KB, 618x780px) Image search: [Google]
gaming-the-last-of-us-cover-art.jpg
366KB, 618x780px
>>87663319
2010-2013 was a weird time in gaming where games that you got to play a daddy protector to a young girl was all the rage.
>>
>>87663416
I don't see why anyone would buy season 3 after this shit though.
>>
>>87663426
They might not, keep in mind that TTGs reputation is slowly getting worse. The Batman game while receiving good sales isn't getting good word of mouth, actually most are doing worse then disliking it and are just saying it's forgettable.
>>
>>87663435
Did this start right after the Minecraft game?
>>
>>87663435
I think the Batman game has been pretty good so far, but the Game of Thrones one was complete garbage.
>>
>>87663439
What the bad reputation? Nah that was at the mess of season 2 and the super delay of Wolf Among Us. Game of Thrones further pushed dislike and the Minecraft story mode more or less just went under the radar because again like Batman it was not offensive but completely forgettable.
What's really happening is they are becoming a one trick pony and basically whatever is your first TTG played you can say you have played them all.
>>
Tales from the Borderlands is the only good game they've made since TWD season 1.

>inb4 >Borderlands
>>
>>87663468
>good game they've made since TWD season 1.
Like this Anon said >>87663455, they're all the same. I think TWD's positive reception was only due to the time and the place.
>>
File: 1382250761550.png (94KB, 306x243px) Image search: [Google]
1382250761550.png
94KB, 306x243px
>he chose Jane over Kenny
>he killed Kenny
>>
>>87663489
>He didn't trust Jack
>He glassed the Woodsman
>He didn't save Harvey
>>
>>87663395
I played my Lee to try to save everyone every time even when they were shitbirds like Ben and I transferred that over to Clem in Season 2. That is, until Sarah. I tried to take her under my wing. Be her big little sister and even saved her the first time when she almost got us all killed and Jane was talking all kinds of shit. I just couldn't be bothered to try when the deck collapsed even though she was screaming for me to save her. I think that was a good moment of development even if the circumstances surrounding it were retarded.
>>
>>87663571
Season 2 plays better if you played Lee as a hardass who cared about his people and didn't tolerate shitheads like Ben or crazies like those cannibals.
>>
>>87663571
>just couldn't be bothered to try when the deck collapsed even though she was screaming for me to save her.
You're messed up, man.
>>
>>87654406
Anyone. Lee doesn't really have a character. He's a blatant surrogate.
>>
>>87654406
which Lee?
The asshole, the pussy or the realist?
>>
>>87663588
If by "didn't tolerate" you mean "didn't let live", no I tolerated him until the game decided he could no longer be tolerated, but that doesn't mean I just let him get away scot free for being retarded. I also butchered the cannibals and abandoned that murderous bitch. Kenny hated me the entire game for not caving the old man's skull, even though I saved his kid and sided with him in the drugstore. I actually liked Lee's complicated relationship with him for the rest of the game because of that.

>>87663613
I put a lot of effort into saving Sarah the first time and almost got everyone killed trying to do it. And that time there wasn't even anything physically restraining her. The second time was even more fucked, and I could no longer justify risking other people's lives to save her, throwing good money after bad, so to speak. I guess Carver was right. We weren't so different, me and him.
>>
>>87663661
She could have easily been saved the second time though. Even if you get Jane to go in and try to help her, she just goes "meh" and gives up. Fuck this dumb writing.
>>
>>87663668
From what I can tell, Jane's a weak piece of shit and is only good at rogue talents. She shouldn't have been the one they sent down anyway.
>>
>>87663661
I like complicated but it never added up.You could side against or for Kenny all the way up to the salt block but that one choice forged you're friendship with him which is unrealistic as fuck, more so if you sympathized with his actions(right for the wrong reasons) or even the flip and was begging to toss his kids to the zombies but you agreed on salt drop. Even all the way to Clem getting kidnapped, if you don't show your bite he will basically abandon Clem all because of a single issue he had with Lee.
That was always my issue with TTG Walking Dead all the way up to the end was they clearly had a single vision but hope you just played that very specif way to the end and if you didn't the whole story was just put on it's side and made no sense.

It's just bad writing through and through
>>
>>87663692
But what happens is that she can lift her up but there's a board on her. She lifts up the board and she freaks out for a second. Instead of pushing the board to the side and pulling her up, she just leaves the board in the same position and then gives up.

Or just send someone else down, yeah.

Almost every death in TWD is contrived as fuck. Carley also comes to mind.
>>
File: 534676306790676848.jpg (67KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
534676306790676848.jpg
67KB, 347x346px
>>87663709
Carley is a victim of lazy writing where the whole scene was made for Doug's death first but they didn't want to copy paste it with Carley but they didn't have the convection to make it completely unique/believable so she basically gets executed because Lilly suddenly hates her. Frankly I rather have had a clone of Doug's death where she blocks the shot with her body and dies the hero like Doug did.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 267x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 267x188px
>>87663571
>Tfw you left a catatonic Sarah at the trailer and hear her screams as she's eaten alive
I've never felt more disgusted with myself for being an edgelord
>>
>>87655430
The black guy who died needlessly during the rescue of glenn and maggie was cool too
>>
>>87663733
I was talking about her death at the drugstore but that too. Lily just fucking murdering her for being annoying is so OOC.
>>
>>87663841
Oscar.

Poor Oscar.
>>
>>87663334
>almost no reason
>Leading his band of armed Russians to rob your group which includes a little girl, a woman who just gave birth and a baby and either kill all of you or leaving you to starve in a snowstorm
>Kenny why are you so mad? You're crazy and unhinged for wanting to kill this guy who was gonna kill us
If I could've I would have killed that crippled shit right there and Luke would still be alive
>>
>>87665317
This is a flaw of the writing once again but it's implied that Jane stole his medicine from him even if you tell her not to. Also, you killed his entire group (somehow without a single person in yours dying) and kept him around just to beat him.

There's no real way to justify this, Anon.
>>
>>87665386
>Also, you killed his entire group (somehow without a single person in yours dying)

That was weird. They kill your companions in all sort of bullshit ways, but the one time you expect some of your mates to be killed, they all survive without a scratch.
>>
>>87665412
Realistically, that would have never happened. They were all standing out in the open.
>>
>>87665439
They could have killed Luke or Nick in that scene, but then you wouldn't have a reason to hate Bonnie and Sarah for getting them killed.
>>
>>87665505
I don't think Sarah got Nick killed. Even then, that's optional. I hate how Telltale plays around with realism in its (lack of) storytelling when it's so divisive at other times.
>>
>>87665532
Nick only died (at least in my playthrough) because he was one of the people who went after Sarah to save her.

Her imbecility got him killed.
>>
>>87665576
I don't think that's made a point or anything though. Season 2 just kind of forgot half of its characters before it killed them.
>>
>>87665624
Yet somehow didn't kill anyone the one time it was really warranted.
>>
>>87665641
Sometimes I think that the only thing that's required to get praised for "good writing" is to not have gameplay.
>>
>>87665386
It was definitely bad writing, I'm just sick of people giving Kenny shit for wanting to kill Arvo. Speaking of bad writing, when Black guy and Bonnie later decide to join this kid who tried to rob/kill your group because Kenny is supposedly too much to deal with still makes me mad
>>
>>87665757
>I'm just sick of people giving Kenny shit for wanting to kill Arvo.
He literally just wanted his medicine back and got his friends killed. Then he constantly gets beaten. There's no way to defend this especially since he never just shoots him.

I don't know, Anon. This whole game is dumb so it's hard to have an actual debate on character motivations without flat-out just criticizing the writing.
>>
Season 2 was fucked from the beginning. You make a choice, the game is dumb for treating a child like an adult.

You make a choice and it's overruled because you're a child. It's dumb for doing that too.
>>
>>87665835
>He literally just wanted his medicine back and got his friends killed
>therefor it's ok for him to bring his armed goons to rob/murder you
Realistically Arvo's group would have gotten most of you killed and left the rest of you to freeze to death without supplies in the snowstorm,
but you know...
>This whole game is dumb so it's hard to have an actual debate on character motivations without flat-out just criticizing the writing.
>>
File: Jane.png (287KB, 307x397px) Image search: [Google]
Jane.png
287KB, 307x397px
>I'm going to leave a baby alone in a cold car, surrounded by zombies. For laughs.
>To prove that the mentally challenged redneck will go into a tard rage when babby is implied to be dead
>See, Im right! He does flip out when kids are endangered/abandoned to die for no reason! You should shoot him for that, child who he would also go equally retarded to protect!
>>
>>87665918
It's OK to rob you if you stole something from them- he just wanted the medicine back. In real life, it didn't have to escalate anywhere after they said Jane fucked off but "dur hur the baby"
>>
>>87665957
I get what Jane was trying to prove but holy fuck did she do it in the wrong way. Absolutely retarded
>>
>>87665957
Not defending Jane but the car wasn't surrounded by zombies. The area was pretty empty and the cold slowed them down.
>>
>>87665975
She was trying to prove Kenny is an emotional retard who would go ape shit to protect kids

I knew this about as long as I've known Kenny, and this was the entire reason I was nice to Kenny as Clem, despite being a dick to him as Lee. Pure self interest.

If Janes willing to die to prove that my survival strategy is right, fine, but triple fuck her for endangering a baby to show the obvious
>>
>>87654406
Negan.
>>
>>87663455
They really need to make that TF2 game.
>>
>>87665974
If Russians came to kill me in a snowstorm because some bitch I didn't even like supposedly stole their medicine I wouldn't give a shit about their motivations or how sad it was that they got their bag of trashcan drugs stolen from them, everybody you know and love could have been killed.

>In real life, it didn't have to escalate anywhere
>you're on dirty road in a snowstorm, barely clinging on to life
>people with tattooed faces point ak's in your face and shout at you in Russian, Some kid you don't even know says some chick that's no longer in your group stole from them
>therefor give us all your stuff or we murder you
>this won't escalate
>>
>>87665993
it was still an abandoned car in a snowstorm during a zombie apocalypse, not really the best environment to leave a newborn baby in if you ask me
>>
File: jane.gif (1MB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
jane.gif
1MB, 245x170px
>>
>>87666096
I'm just saying it's understandable for them to do it in the first place and that Arvo wasn't always a shitbird.

Yeah, but Kenny said that Jane fucked off with their shit and showed contempt for her. It's not like she could have still been with the group because where the fuck where would she be? The group didn't even have anything on them at that point anyway so there'd be no reason for them to attack other than something contrived- like a zombie waking up near a baby and some stupidly shooting it instead of running over to get it.
>>
>>87666134
I know, I agree. I'm just saying that the zombie thing isn't true.
>>
>>87666153
*someone
Fuck.
>>
>>87665680
Most gameplay-free games that get praised for "good writing" are SJWish indie games.

Telltale doesn't fit into that category, so why do they keep getting a free pass after year of doing the same thing over and over?
>>
>>87661051
I did it on my first playthrough.
Turns out it could've worked if Lee would've amputated it sooner. Then again none of them knew about it at that point.

I decided to opt against it on my second, and decided to amputate it again on my most recent playthrough in preparation for S3.

If you really look at it Lee's arc was meant to teach Clementine. About survival, morality, walkers... Since Lee dies either way, it's better for him to teach Clem one last thing about the pathogen I figured.
>>
>>87663120
I would like Kenny but when he "got really lucky" is just fucking bullshit.
>>
>>87663489
>He didn't kill both of them
>>
>>87666286
Because "muh feels"
>>
>>87657732
Is the "A team" back for the third "season" of TWD or is the B Team still doing it?
>>
Season 2 was fucking retarded.

>A large contingency of adults trust an 11 year old girl to do everything for them
>>
>>87661051
I didn't know anything about Walking Dead when I played the first game so I didn't think that would work...not to mention that it had been so long it obviously wasn't going to help anyway.

No reason to lose your hand in your last hours of being useful.
>>
>>87663613
It's like Jane said. You can push people for whatever length you want, but if they're just simply unwilling there'll come a time when you can't do that anymore.

'Sheltered' people are the worst. It's not really Sarah's fault but walkers outnumber people 10 to 1. Everyone needs to know how to survive or they'll drag down everyone else with them.
>>
>>87666401
>They're lining up our friends to execute them
>What do you think Clementine? Should we stand our ground or give up?
>>
>>87666414
t. jane apologist
>>
>>87666286
They are getting high end IPs like TWD, Fables, Borderlands, etc.
if these were OC stories they would have been called garbage a long time ago.
>>
>>87663439
>>87663455
Why people didn't like Game of Thrones? I can't put my finger on why am I not liking it. Whole time I played I felt boot will fall and everyone will die out of nowhere.
>>
>>87666519
It really doesn't do anything for three of the episodes. I played them all in a row (I usually buy my Telltale games on sale) and from episode 2-4 it's just "how much can you get shit on while nothing happens."

So pretty much like a regular season of game of thrones. The ending was interesting though, far more chaotic and brutal than I was expecting.
>>
>>87666556
True, that's some of my feel. I stopped playing it after brother comes from foreign land with mercs.
It felt like a slog. Chained legs in middle of winter level.
Only Telltale moment I had with that was episode of Walking Dead, when you're on that farm with cannibals. Slow, slow, slow and then it gets into hilarious five minutes when you put them in the ground.
>>
File: 2rhmm8z.png (697KB, 1024x918px) Image search: [Google]
2rhmm8z.png
697KB, 1024x918px
>>87666519
For starters it's even more on the rails then the other TTG offerings, any play though is transparent that 0 choice effects things, also much like other TTGs you are force to watch stupid preventable death and actions at their worse degree.
>>
File: clem.jpg (106KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
clem.jpg
106KB, 1366x768px
>>87666455
I never sided with Jane. I killed her on my first playthrough. But unfortunately she was right about unwilling people. The devs wanted to force you into the same situation she was in with her sister. Which was Sarah's arc basically.

And she dies either way. So what it really comes down is to whether you want Clem to grow into Sweet pea Clem and save her or just accept fate and have her become Edgy Clem.
>>
>>87666644
>So what it really comes down is to whether you want Clem to grow into Sweet pea Clem and save her or just accept fate and have her become Edgy Clem.
>Implying choices will ever matter.
>>
>>87666603
Yeah, that's why I hate games that are set in a certain universe (like GoT) because you know that you can't do shit to the main characters.

I did like interacting with Ramsey (in a "holy shit is he going to kill someone way) and Tyrion. They seemed to enjoy doing their parts.
>>
>>87654406
I'm finishing season 1 but I got to say Ben is probably one of the biggest retards in the history of gaming I'm convinced he's got some sort of mental condition, also lily I ditecher right after she went apeshit
>>
>>87654785
Is season 2 bad i haven't played it yet?
>>
>>87666717
>1 but I got to say Ben is probably one of the biggest retards in the history of gaming
Ask /v/ about that, I bet you'll get a lot of resistance.
>>
>>87666736
v would agree they just sympathize because he is 16 years old and is more acting his age, he is so stressed about doing right he fucks up all the time.
>>
>>87666665
>Implying choices will ever matter.
They way I see it is basically:

S1's purpose was to teach Clem about the fundamental basics of the new walker infested world
S2 was about how'd she put her skills into practice when there's no Lee around to guide her
S3 is going to be about how all the emotial baggage and moral choices she made affected her, plus now she has to be a mom for Alvin jr too
>>
>>87666731
Yes.
>>87666779
Choices don't matter.
>>
>>87666779
but they don't matter, short of blurp here and there nothing you do for Clem effects the new season and they never will have the balls to do it because people who have never played the previous seasons will feel cheated that they are block out of certain outcomes or actions.
That's why most games are chicken shit about choices matter
>>
>>87666731
It has some good moments but is overall disappointing. Weird characterization of most characters.

4chan hiveminds about the choice at the end pretty hard so if you're interested in playing that season get the fuck out of here before you spoil it.
>>
>>87663510
But Jack shouldn't have been trusted, the last episode proved that pretty definitively.

In fact, even without the last episode in the rear view, you'd be a fucking moron to trust Jack, because he's fucking Jack. I was a buddy to the guy, but I never gave him a fucking inch, because he's a manipulative murderous sociopathic, psychopathic, demagogue, with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>87666825
I actually like the little touches sometimes. Like how Clem will either curse or not depending how you acted in Season 1 at the start of Season 2 when she drops her water bottle.
>>
>>87663510
>He glassed the Woodsman
I THOUGHT I WAS OFFERING HIM A DRINK
>>
>>87666971
Yeah that game should have been more clear.
>>
>>
>>87666991
Meant for the OP's question
>>
>>87666971
>>87666978
"Glass him" doesn't really sound like "give him a glass". Nobody says that.
>>
>>87654406
>Not even talking about the series best character Clementine.

It's like you're not even trying.
>>
Anyone else love Sarah?
>>
>>87667058
Don't remind me please, I'm still pissed.
>>
>>87667058
I let her get eaten in that office or home or whatever it was. I knew that if I went down to get her I'd be able to save her because video games, but I was sick of her by then.
>>
>>87667106
>if I went down to get her I'd be able to save her because video games
Except this is Telltale.
>>
>>87667113
Well I would have been able to save her that time and then she'd die later because this is Telltale. I just didn't want her around to potentially stick around and ruin more stuff for me.
>>
>>87667027
Telltale options are unclear and weirdly concise all the time, and the context was the Woodman talking about getting a free drink occasionally. It's a reasonable mistake to make.
>>
>>87667142
>potentially stick around and ruin more stuff for me.
Still too many choices.
>>
>>87667144
I still think it's weird to assume "glass him" is anything but "glassing him". If it was that was it, it would have been "buy drink" or something.
>>
>>87667272
I don't really hear "glass" used in that context... ever, really. Is it a regional thing?
Merriam-Webster's first definition for "glass" as a verb is "to provide with glass".
>>
File: 1402385387394.png (208KB, 255x355px) Image search: [Google]
1402385387394.png
208KB, 255x355px
>>87665957
y'know I used to really like Jane but after looking at the endings where I chose her over Kenny I can't help but dislike her, even when you shoot Kenny or chose to abandon him it seems like the first thing in his mind is Clem's and the baby's safety. Kenny might be an angry idiot most of the time but it looked like he was making an effort to change, Jane seemed too comfortable with the person she had become and the only reason she seemed so attached to Clem was because she wanted someone that could validate her new way of being.
>>
File: Elaena.jpg (59KB, 530x691px) Image search: [Google]
Elaena.jpg
59KB, 530x691px
>>87666519
I enjoyed the first playthrough, but then like with TWD you start to notice how terrible the writing is, that nearly no choice matters in the slightest and how the plot fucks you in the ass no matter what you do. The traitor plot point being the worst example of it, we have one character that wants to kill every Whitehill around and another one who had his family killed by them yet one of them will betray you to the Whitehills if you don't make them the sentinel.

I think it should have been a self contained story where depending on your choices you either kill all Whitehills fucking shits but lose everyone in the family or either save the family but lose the castle. Ending it in a cliffhanger was a mistake since knowing Telltale only the ones that survive in every possible ending will end up doing anything in a potential season 2.

Also, Rodrik and Asher were the only good playable characters.
>>
>>87667436
Kenny's endings are great but going with him is a gamble. First you have no idea if the place that you're going to even exists. Then you have almost no food, and Kenny is clearly unstable...even if he's "better."

Then there's the fact that his answer to "zombies attacked me and I lost the baby" is to start beating on the the person that got attacked by the zombie.

But no matter what ending you choose the baby should still die. You didn't have enough food for it for either trip.
>>
>>87667500
>I think it should have been a self contained story where depending on your choices you either kill all Whitehills fucking shits but lose everyone in the family or either save the family but lose the castle.
I lost my family and the castle except for my younger sister and brother, and it seemed like that was the primary ending no matter what your choices were. I suppose I could have misread the wiki but I was curious so I looked up all the other endings.
>>
>All these people complaining about S2 endings
>Not understanding that the third option was the best option
>>
>>87667500
>learn that I have to pick between Rodrik and Asher
>Asher is badass swaglord mercenary with brogirl
>well, now I know who'll get shafted
>Rodrik gets his true love out of nowhere and they're so cute I wanna die from diabetes
Fucking game, I swear.
>>
File: AmTR_Bonnie_Museum_Arrival.png (990KB, 593x768px) Image search: [Google]
AmTR_Bonnie_Museum_Arrival.png
990KB, 593x768px
Anyone else really mad you never got to clap back at THIS bitch after the thin ice scene?
>>
>>87667535
The baby should survive if you choose to stay in Wellington given that they probably have enough supplies and "baby" necessities. I chose to go with Kenny instead of staying in wellington because I had no idea I would actually go with him to be honest, I was just being dramatic when I said I didn't want to stay.
>>
>>87667364
I never see "glass" used as a verb but if it was used like that, I'd assume it'd be hitting him with a glass.
>>
>>87667628
Bonnie is so fucking dumb I swear to god. I can't believe she was the only character from 400 days we got to see again.
>>
>>87667650
You do see the rest from 400 Days. They're just cameos in Carver's place though.
>>
>>87667628
>Literally fucking EVERYONE including the person in the most danger telling you to STAY THE FUCK PUT DO NOT GO OVER THERE THERE IS THIN ICE
>Goes anyway, gets one person killed, almost dies themself

"YOU THINK YOU GET OFF SCOTT FREE CUZ YER A LITTLE GIRL"

This is the same cunt that in her first apperance gets at least three people killed, and willingly volunteers said little girl to do the most dangerous shit.

And you never, ever, get to fucking go off on her.
>>
>>87667682
That makes me even more angry, she was the worst fucking character in 400 days, literally anyone else would've been a better choice.
>>
>>87667058
I honestly wanted her to stay besties with Clem for the rest of the season but then Carlos mentioned the code phrase 'SEEZ TO FUNKTION' and I knew that something horrible was bound to happen to her.
>>
>>87667726

We never got our showdown between Clem and Edgy Clem from 400 Days.
>>
>>87667726
They're probably never coming back too.
>>
>>87667726
>>87667779
In the main series, at least, is what I mean.
>>
>>87667626
I chose Rodrik even if it is bad storytelling for Asher to die right after returning from Essos because taking back the castle from the Whitehill faggot and Rodrik throwing the cane into the fire were by far the best moments in the game.

I also liked his ending better.
>>
File: 2552523.jpg (169KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
2552523.jpg
169KB, 570x300px
A lot of people chose to watch Carver get killed. I mean yeah of course YOU would. But there's no way this won't affect Clem in some major way.
>>
File: fc82ct004-01_xlg.jpg (23KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
fc82ct004-01_xlg.jpg
23KB, 600x500px
I want to lewd the tangerine
>>
>>87667835
>But there's no way this won't affect Clem in some major way.
But this is Telltale.
>>
>>87667837

This thread made me go look up some SFM.

I'm not proud of it but I've made peace with what I am.
>>
>>87667364
I've heard "glass him" and in context it means to either hit or cut a person on a bottle but I work as a bouncer and it's more bar talk then anywhere else.
>>
>>87667937
>more bar talk then anywhere else.
Which is fitting.
>>
>>87667954
No, I agree. I can just see where someone wouldn't get it. In theme and context it makes perfect sense but to a virgin on the scene I could see the mix up happen.
>>
>>87668071
>virgin on the scene
Are you flirting with me, Anon?
>>
File: pov dog walking.jpg (33KB, 470x575px) Image search: [Google]
pov dog walking.jpg
33KB, 470x575px
Anyone have the clementine sound cloud, i feel like this thread is missing it. Even though clem is absolutely not for sexual
>>
>>87667851
>>87667837
>>
File: 1420397776027.jpg (61KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1420397776027.jpg
61KB, 413x395px
>>87668149
>that pic
>>
File: lewd darwin.png (93KB, 463x524px) Image search: [Google]
lewd darwin.png
93KB, 463x524px
>>87666401
only so much longer until she's legal
>>
>>87668153
......but that link tho
>>
>>87668149
Beats "redhead performing hot solo".
>>
>>87668653
The best is Hot Double D Fingering.
>>
Objective Telltale power ranking:
>TWD season 1 > Tales from the Borderlands > The Wolf Among Us > Back to the Future > Strong Bad's Cool Game > Tales of Monkey Island > Poker Night > Batman > TWD season 2 > Game of Thrones
I really need to play Sam & Max, though.
>>
>>87668771
Kek, had no idea of that one.
Porn videos are my favorite meme.
>>
>>87668807
Season 1 wasn't even that good though.
>>
>>87668807

BorderTales easily takes the #1 spot from TWD1. TWD1 was good but once you saw it was just a big long emotionally manipulative trek it loses it's luster.

Where was BorderTales had no fucking reason to be as good as it did.
>>
>>87666372
A team has mostly left telltale as far as I know.
>>
>>87668807
Tales of Monkey Island is way better than TWD
>>
File: IMG_0211.jpg (73KB, 465x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0211.jpg
73KB, 465x498px
>>87668807
>Walking dead season 1
>that high up
No
Fuck no
The damn thing is flooded with plot holes, inconstancies, and just bad writing no matter how you play it. That thing just released at the right time where gamers were huge fags and would forgive any game that let them play protector to a daughter figure.
>>
>>87666372
>>87669095
Most of the original writers started leaving during the production of TWD series, the moved to Naughty Dog and Activison respectively.
>>
>>87669260
The only thing it has really going on for it is Lee's death scene and being more entertaining than the terrible early seasons of the show.
>>
File: Gortys and Loader Bot.png (900KB, 775x900px) Image search: [Google]
Gortys and Loader Bot.png
900KB, 775x900px
>>87669068
This. Borderlands is easily the best. Just a fun adventure with good humor and characters you care about for reasons beyond emotional manipulation. That and it had the cutest robot of all time.
>>
>>87669362
>terrible early seasons of the show.
The early seasons were the best ones though.
>>
>>87666401
>go figure out how to turn off this electrical transformer Clementine, while we go stand around.
>>
>>87666779
That baby is dead, I guarantee it. I did give Clem her badass moment by abandoning Jane (spoiler alert: I killed Kenny) and have her nonsensically walk off on her own with him to take on the walkers solo. It's retarded but I figure it's the natural progression when you side with Jane, the irony being that after all her talk Jane realizes she needs another person, but all the stuff she's been telling you up until then finally adds up for you and you realize you don't need HER.

But yeah, none of it really matters. It's all flavor. The events will play out roughly the same regardless of what you "choose", you just (theoretically) get more emotionally invested when you get to choose how a character reacts. I often found myself thinking about what my Lee/Clem would say based on what's already happened. I learned after the first game that your choices ultimately don't make a difference, but I guess the roleplaying aspect keeps me from being to upset about it.
>>
Missing the thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLhAdRfILhY
>>
>>87669260
>The damn thing is flooded with plot holes, inconstancies, and just bad writing no matter how you play it.
Name them then.
>>
>>87670656

>Every character you have the 'choice' to save ends up dying in the next episode or two
>Let's immediately trust the creepy old hobo that lives in the trainyard because reasons
>Getting kicked off of Hershel's farm even if you tried to save Sean and having no say in the matter when Kenny decides to leave
>Molly. Just all of Molly.
>Big Bad deciding that Lee isn't worth saving and still needs to die even if Lee up until that point has done everything right by his eyes because "Well ur their leader.".
>>
>>87670656
>Going through place to place with no actual plot and just killing off characters.
>Characters and plots go nowhere.
>Awful character writing and inconsistencies (Lily murdering someone for being a bitch in one timeline just because.)
>>
File: the internet.jpg (104KB, 1109x803px) Image search: [Google]
the internet.jpg
104KB, 1109x803px
>>87670656
Episode 2
>Refuse to let you see your wounded friend, no one questions this nor fights to just check on him they just trust these people that they are constantly suspicious about
>we are shown crazy and now dead woman stole Clem's hat at the end like it's a sizzler because?
also see >>87663294 for the biggest bullshit of all.
Episode 3
see >>87670724
>Let's immediately trust the creepy old hobo that lives in the trainyard because reasons
>next episode he just dies

and there is a lot more but those are the biggest sins that take all the suspension of disbelief out of the story
>>
>>87670820
I argue episode 4's evil utopia city's rules and visuals were a bunch of retarded, old people I get but kids? Why the fuck would you turn away kids? They grow they become a blessing, sure I can see limiting them but out right kick them out? But then the fact that the school still has kids shit scattered everywhere even though we have been told they have been like this for over 6 months. What are they selective lazy where they will install and armory in the 1st graders class but leave the crayons toys and drawling all over the place?
Shit how the fuck did people eat this shit?
>>
File: 5123cb7dafa96f7d6a000030.jpg (54KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
5123cb7dafa96f7d6a000030.jpg
54KB, 400x247px
>>87663294
>>87670820
so fucking pissed off how many people praised episode two. It was the fucking worse of the bunch, it might challenge episode four but it's a close fight for the retarded writing crown.
>>
>>87654785
Kenny was also retarded.

But everyone else was double retarded and Kenny gets a hideous plot contrivance in his ending that makes him look better.

The season was bad, and the next probably will be too.
>>
File: 41691193928.png (245KB, 281x372px) Image search: [Google]
41691193928.png
245KB, 281x372px
>>87669699
God I lost so hard at that
I just couldn't stop laughing at the serious tone it all had. It was like: "why wouldn't you send the 11 year old of our 6+ man group to do this?"
>>
File: magic-02.gif (14KB, 1022x596px) Image search: [Google]
magic-02.gif
14KB, 1022x596px
>>87670820
>>87670901
I can't believe that the Stranger out ran a nearly nonstop train. He would had to siphoning for gas and keep walkers off him, never mind he magically got around god knows how many road blocks and abandon car pile ups.
To do all that and beat a train which at it's slowest is 60 miles an hour and as we saw on the map had a straight shot?
>>
>>87670974
Its fucking Walking Dead, what do you expect.

Kirkman outright confirmed the point of the show is that humans are retarded or assholes, the zombies are a plot device to drive that human problem.

You won't get a Walking Dead media otherwise. It'd be ______ Of The Dead.
>>
>>87671259
Too bad it's all so poorly written and stupid.
>>
>>87660502
fuck off matt and pat
>>
>>87654406
I miss Lee, he was a true hero.
>>
>>87663188
D-don't say that!
>>
>>87654406
Lee didn't have much of a real personality much like Shepard from Mass Effect it's what you put on him.
>>
>>87671324
Well, yeah.

Its like watching a slasher movie or a Godzilla movie for anything other than the monster.

At this point its Game Of Thrones. An overlong soap opera filled with time wasting that people watch because it has violence.

No Walking Dead media is going to be anything else. Hell, the games are better than the show and comic because at least the zombies show up more in a meaningful way.
>>
>>87671564
Much like Shepard and the Fallout 4 protagonist, there's only three real options. All of which go the same direction, one is just the middle road but snarky.

That's the problem with voiced protagonists. There's only so much you'll get to do as them, compared to silent protags.
>>
>>87671598
Anon, even monster movies are more emotionally satisfying.
>>
>>87654406
I miss Black Jesus
>>
>>87671598
They show up the same damn way
The moment you needed someone dead they just spring up.
>>
File: tumblr_nqza8oU6Ev1ruu0qoo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1218x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqza8oU6Ev1ruu0qoo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1218x1920px
>>87671632
You're saying that like its a shock.

>>87671678
Exactly. They're a constant, relevant threat.

Zombies are only a threat in Walking Dead outside of villain arcs. Otherwise they're just there to drive home urgency.

Like Jaws, if the mayor was the villain and the shark only showed up to harass people between the parts with the mayor hamming it up. With more time wasting filler on characters nobody cares about than a Stephan King story.
>>
>>87671761
>You're saying that like its a shock.
More like a disappoint.
>>
File: 1456345420786.png (183KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
1456345420786.png
183KB, 480x502px
>>87670656
>Someone always ask this
I always hope it's bait.
>>
>>87671791
Why? Monster movies have been emotionally satisfying longer than the slasher or zombie genres have existed.
>>
>>87671858
Because the Walking Dead isn't meant to be shlock. But it is.
>>
>The best scene in S2 by far is a S1 flashback

It really highlighted how emotionally empty S2 was.
>>
>>87671888
Few things that are that were meant to be it.

Shit just happens.
>>
>>87671907
S1 was emotionally empty too if you aren't easily manipulated.
>>87671935
R.I.P
>>
>>87671128
the main characters stopped to get that tanker out of the road for a pretty long time, and its likely the train wasn't running at full speed. Moreover, he didn't need to be right behind them all the time, he eknew where they were going and could simply follow the train tracks.
>>
>>87671628
I hope Andromeda bombs.
>>
>>87672110
I dunno, Andromeda seems to be going in a less story-driven direction, which is the best way to go.

Cutting out importance on the main plotline is the only way to salvage the current trip-A RPG direction. It should still be present, but nowhere near as all-pervasive as it has been.
>>
File: 590136741022342456.png (13KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
590136741022342456.png
13KB, 500x350px
>>87672070
>get that tanker out of the road for a pretty long time
They cleared it in an afternoon.

>and its likely the train wasn't running at full speed.
In game needles showed 70+ miles an hour.

>he eknew where they were going
Yes Savannah wasn't know to Clem till Lee told her on the train when it was already in motion for an undisclosed mount of time. We have no clue where the Stranger was but we do know by car with no stops it would take over 3 hours by car and an hour and a half by train to reach Savannah from Atalanta(assuming they were even in the city then, could have been shorter).
This leaves only one possibility which is the Stranger was fucking crazy and left for Savannah for reasons unknown (Remember the original plan was Kenny's boat which was at Brunswick)

Face it the writers were fucking stupid and planned nothing out.
>>
>>87672165
Unless the characters from the older games return I simply cant muster up the energy to care. The Only draw for me is Garrus and the rest of the crew. But they probably won't appear and if they do they won't be recruitable. Which was actually My biggest problem with the third one., And Bioware has shown they're incapable of making new characters I care about.
>>
>>87660758

This. The second you make a decision he doesn't like he becomes an asshole.

What I ever did for you? How about save your retard son and wife a bunch of times you ungrateful fuck?
>>
>>87672549
I kinda want to see where the Geth and Quarian go canonically, but from what I heard mutual genocide is canon.

Also, always want to see more exploration of the Asari. ME2 and 3 dropped interest in them hard, but ME1 had a lot to explore.

As far as characters go, I'm almost certain Liara will show up. Considering she's Best Girl, that's the way it ought to be.

Also, I think 2 and 3 sucked for new characters (other than Grunt for the most part, maybe Mordin) is because they put all their good ideas into the failed Star Wars MMO.
>>
>>87663733
I was so pissed at that bitch for killing Carley before I had the chance to put Lee's dick in her that I let her get ate.
>>
>>87663733
>>87672749
The Carley bullshit happened because originally the game was supposed to tie into the show, so they had to write it in such a way to introduce characters like Glenn and Lilly and be an origin for them. That's why things happened with Lilly the way they do, to set her up for her appearance into the show.

Then the show writers said "naw, do your own thing" and Kirkman gave show Lilly an entirely different origin and made her unimportant, so the game team was left going "well fuck, there went like half of our plans" and had to salvage everything they had for S1, and completely make up something new for S2. The DLC between the two was the last of their original plans all thrown together.
>>
>>87672867

Also because originally The Lilly from the game was supposed to be the same Lilly from the books (the one that kills Lori) and that was supposed to be her exit to explain how she ended up with The Governor.

But then they released a prequel book that gave Book!Lilly a completely different backstory so they decided to make Game!Lilly and Book!Lilly two completely different characters and it fucked up the whole narrative.
>>
im sorry
http://vocaroo.com/i/s06iAkzPMw8K
>>
>>87672719
>mutual genocide is canon
That sucks, Guess that means no Tali or Legion then. t
>Asari
I'd be fine with that if they focused on other races as well. Like the volus, elcor, and turians.
>Also, I think 2 and 3 sucked for new characters (other than Grunt for the most part, maybe Mordin) is because they put all their good ideas into the failed Star Wars MMO.
Fair enough. I just found most of 2's at least tolerable to enjoyable. I never found myself hating any of them except maybe Miranda and Ashely. And three made me chose from people I could give a shit less about. Speaking of which fuck Vega. I'd often just use Garrus and Tali.
And why do you think Liara is best girl? I keep hearing people say that but could never find the appeal.
>>
File: Sin.png (352KB, 370x601px) Image search: [Google]
Sin.png
352KB, 370x601px
>>87673027
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s06iAkzPMw8K

Don't be
>>
>>87673030
Genocide ending was just an early rumor about Andromeda. Bioware's stance is nothing from ME3 will be made concrete canon, Andromeda moving forward will not involve it in any way.

The story for Andromeda begins before 3 when Earth was still normal, and really begins after leaving sometime after 3. But it won't go into what happened in 3.

That being said, Bioware has only said they won't confirm ending. They'll probably keep Geth and Quarians around as just one of the subplots, in order to keep using them.
>>
>>87672867
No the Carley bullshit happened because the suck at writing anything
Doug's death was fine.
Carley's was complete bullshit.
Also you are spreading misinformation because the Lilly fuck up happen almost 6 months after episode 3 launch.
>>
File: 1476673591917.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476673591917.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>>87663223

Clem wasn't stupid, in fact, she was literally the only character with some goddamn sense in the entire game. She did everything she could to keep those gang of idiots happy and safe but they still treated her like shit and pushed her to the side. They had to have an 11 year old do everything for them, yet when it came to opinions and ideas, they ignored her. When the game starts the S2 group was willing to lock her in a shed and have her A.) bleed to death or B.) turn so they would cap her in the head. Clem didn't deserve any of that shit and then some.
>>
>>87673172
SFM was a mistake.
>>
File: telltale.png (300KB, 588x819px) Image search: [Google]
telltale.png
300KB, 588x819px
>>87673374
welcome to the stupid writers of TTGs.
their fears were sound however sane people would respond one of two ways:

1. bandage her up under extra supervision then lock her in a room/shed and/or tie her up on a leash somewhere and wait out the night
2. put a fucking bullet in her

But both of those lead to boring plots that don't put the player in control.
It was a huge fucking mistake on their part to pander to the fans as much as they did.
>>
>>87673374
>Bleed to death
>From a dog bite
Stop exaggerating. It only harms your point.
>>
>>87673374
Each season tries to push a certain theme that is the "right" theme and Season 2's theme is "everyone is either retarded or belligerent or both and you should just cut them all out of your life because zombies ain't shit in comparison". This is all Clem's origin story. Clem's gonna save America.
>>
>>87673503

The danger wasn't in her bleeding to death. It was the possible fever/infection that was going to set in coupled with the cold weather that was going to kill her/make her turn.
>>
>>87673489
Their argument for not bandaging her up was limited supplies, but of course she would be dead by morning anyway. I think. I actually don't remember exactly why her wound was urgent.
>>
>>87673537
He said "bleeding to death" though. 1) Was it ever made a point of it being particularly cold?

The infection is a concern but I don't think it was immediately threatening. I remember thinking it was impulsive and dumb of her to sneak out when I saw the scenes.
>>87673571
I don't really think there was an urgency given but I could be mistaken.
>>
>>87673571
>Their argument for not bandaging her up was limited supplies
Thus bullet in the head

>I actually don't remember exactly why her wound was urgent.
she was literal passing in and out of consciousness, that's why you were carried back and why you could do little else short of call out to people.
>>
>>87673609

At the start of the very same episode they set up that it's the dead of winter and only going to get colder. The whole reason she was in that situation was because Christa had to go get more firewood because their fire was too small.

You even had to choose between burning Lee's picture or Duck's drawning.
>>
>>87673609

Think of this scenario then. What would they have done if they woke up the next morning and she was literally shivering from a high fever and the cold weather? Would they just let her go back out in the wild? Would they end her misery? They clearly had no intention of helping her until Luke stepped up. Also I highyly doubt they would have the proper medicine to treat clem for her sever condition. They put her in a shitty situation so she acted accordingly.
>>
>>87673704
>>87673705
Ah, OK, this makes sense then. Didn't they have a basement anyway? Why not put her in there?
>>
>>87663510
You never trust Jack, dummy.
>>
Did I just jump in a cross board portal to /v/?
>>
>>87673704

Also worth nothing that she had fallen in a river before that and was soaking wet.
>>
>>87673771
They were retarded cunts. I went the blackmail option for them all at first because they were assholes, but then I got Stockholm Syndrome or something and went along with their bullshit.
>>
>>87673856

No, there's actual discussion happening here.
>>
>>87673882
There comes a point where dumb characters just becomes dumb writing. Season 1 crossed that point. Season 2 is a mile away from it.
>>
>>87673891
No this happens there too just a lot of butthurt apologist come crying here because they get schooled a lot harder there how shitty written this game was.
>>
>>87654406
First season of the Walking Dead game was better than the show or the comics
>>
File: 4rem6.jpg (87KB, 446x616px) Image search: [Google]
4rem6.jpg
87KB, 446x616px
>>87673934
This.
End of episode 3 in season one I check out, it was clear the writers had no idea what they were doing.
Season 2 I found myself going "of course you/they would" to almost the whole damn game because at that point it was like playing multiplayer CoD where people get themselves killed in the dumbest ways.
Won't even mess with season 3 I haven't given TTG any of my money since Wolf Among Us
>>
>>87674033
I disagree but either way that's not saying much
>>
File: have a drink.gif (3MB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
have a drink.gif
3MB, 500x273px
>>87654406
>wanting to talk about shitty plot: feels edition
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.png (414KB, 717x623px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.png
414KB, 717x623px
>>87665957
>Janefags will defend this
>>
>>87674103

You should really play Tales from the Borderlands.
>>
>>87674180
Wolf Among Us was disappointing as shit though too.
>>
File: 8351365.png (38KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
8351365.png
38KB, 625x626px
>>87674196
>implying anyone cares anyone.
Fucking game is over 3 years old and was beatable in 8 hours
TTg has glutted their market to where everyone sees they make one game over and over again with just a different coat of paint. Any directly written by them are absolute shit.
There are no true fags anymore, no true loyalist, just a few late comers and brain damaged would be shitposters
>>
>>87674251
I was not defending it
>>
>>87654785

Kenny was retarded too.

No one remembers the scenes when he starts a walker-rousing fight with Mike simply because he's butthurt about doing work or when he decides he's going to take on all of Carver's forces with his fists, asking Clem to back him up.
>>
>>87674292
Oh, my bad.
>>
Would Lee have let Nigen kill Glenn and Abraham?
>>
>>87674349

Lee's a black guy. He would've died three seasons ago.
>>
File: bestending.jpg (44KB, 548x434px) Image search: [Google]
bestending.jpg
44KB, 548x434px
>>
File: Jack unamused.png (420KB, 743x545px) Image search: [Google]
Jack unamused.png
420KB, 743x545px
>>87663334
>Siding with the Russian Druggy who tries to fuck you over no matter what, attempts to screw you over at every turn, and shoots you over Big Boat

Kenny should have just dealt with him or at least beat him harder but suddenly the group of morons (one of whom had shot a guy in the dick like two days prior) who had just sabotaged their old base most likely holding innocent people decided to call him crazy and cruel

Kenny may have been losing it (and for good reason) but he was pretty much one of if not the only competent person in the group minus Clem
>>
>>87674451
Let me go over this again. Keeping the kid just to beat him is dumb. Either let him go or just kill him. The entire plot point was fucking stupid.
>>
File: BetterEnding.png (850KB, 891x448px) Image search: [Google]
BetterEnding.png
850KB, 891x448px
>>87674434
>>
File: Fucking bitch.png (646KB, 602x779px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking bitch.png
646KB, 602x779px
We can all agree Bonnie was the absolute worst in season 2 right?

Holy shit was a fucking bitch
>>
>>87674639
I thought she was kind of hot.
>>
File: Mike and Bonnie.jpg (2MB, 1185x2655px) Image search: [Google]
Mike and Bonnie.jpg
2MB, 1185x2655px
>>87674679
Bonnie is gutter trash.
>>
>>87674730
But she's my gutter trash.
>>
All these 3d artists never use any of the other lolis from the game like Sarah or Becca, instead they do this stupid crossover stuff

really pisses me off
>>
File: HUMANS.jpg (45KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
HUMANS.jpg
45KB, 500x443px
>>87674349
Thought that said Ningen at first
>>
>>87674679
I'm the same way about just about any redhead. Sometimes I take a step back and realize they aren't so hot at all, often the opposite, in fact. Then I step right back in. It's the only way to live life.
>>
>>87675071
You have a problem, Anon.
>>
>>87670656
>the stranger somehow getting to the city before Lee and co do even though he traveled by car and they traveled by train
>>
>>87675227
Look, I browse a website where people are obsessed with feet, children, fat people and all sorts of other shit. Let me have this.
>>
>>87672711
Stranger still it's just one decision
Want to kick his kid out? He'll forgive you
Call him a red neck? No problem
Don't help kill Larry? You are worse then Hitler
>>
>>87675265
No, you need help. Gingers will eat your soul.
>>
>>87675337
I just offer another soul as a sacrifice. Easy peasy.
>>
So it should be out this week, right?
>>
>>87675650
Why perpetuate the cycle?
>>
>>87675763
Because.
>>
>>87675840
Not a good reason. You're evil.
>>
>>87675898
Oh. Whoops lol.
>>
My favorite part is when AK47's didn't shoot through trees.
>>
File: This was from a vg thread .jpg (614KB, 953x1080px) Image search: [Google]
This was from a vg thread .jpg
614KB, 953x1080px
>>87673506
That's the worst offense in S2, where they give the player way too much to do that they let everyone seem too angry, psychotic, stupid and/or lazy.
>>
>>87674180
Borderlands>Wolf=WDS1>WD400days=GoT>WDS2
>>
>>87673488
You've just not seen the pinnacle .
>>
File: not my sister you cunt.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
not my sister you cunt.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>87669068
>>87669391
>>87668807
Funny, I used to think that GoT would be better and that Borderlands would be boring shit like the two games.

Then suddenly I never wanted Borderlands to end. Didn't even have that many memes.
>>
>>87668332
>filename
I though that was mabel for a second there.
>>
File: no.jpg (116KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
116KB, 500x575px
>>87677350
clem is 100% absolutely not for sexual
>>
File: Clem licks lewd version.png (210KB, 905x458px) Image search: [Google]
Clem licks lewd version.png
210KB, 905x458px
>>87677350
>>
>>87661096
.... I don't understand you
>>
>>87667058
She reminded me of my autistic (actually autistic, not 4chan autistic) little sister. I was DESTROYED by her death and pissed by how bungled her story arc was.
I wanted her to have her moment, damn near everyone else got a moment to be cool, if only briefly.
>>
>>87678277
Aye, I know the feel.

I don't think anyone in that season got decent justice.
>>
>>87667694
They really shoulda worded that decision better.
Something like
>Try to help Luke
or
>Cover so Bonnie can help Luke
or something like that.
>>
>>87670974
Fucking this. He took over the whole season while the new characters got shafted. And all he did was go through the same fucking character development he did in season one all over again.

Kennyfags are cancer.
>>
>>87660433
Me too, he was a fucking danger to be around.

Like, yeah, Jane tricked him, but he PROMISED my Clem that he wouldn't start hurting people senselessly, that he'd try to keep his cool regardless of the situation. It would have just been a matter of time before Jane or even Clem did something that pissed him off enough.

That said, Jane also has severe emotional issues that make her unpredictable and unreliable.

Shoot Kenny, leave Jane, Clem only, final destination.
>>
>>87674451
It's another one of those dumbass writing choices that made Kenny """"right"""" in hindsight. But at the time he was being an idiot who couldn't control himself as usual. The most annoying part about Kenny is the plot contrivances to lessen his bullshit.
>>
File: Guts rage face.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Guts rage face.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>87667628
>>87674639
>>87667650

Bonnie is probably the worst objectively.

>Cheats with a married man behind his wife's back
>Kills said wife (to be fair wife was most likely going to kill her based on fail results) and potentially gets him killed as well
>Fucks over Kenny's awesome group because Clem's dumbass group showed up
>Wont shut the fuck up about the damn sweater
>Fucks over her own group again by helping the prisoners and sabotaging the whole settlement so Walkers can get in, possibly killing some of the 400 days crew as well as other innocents
>Hates on Kenny and calls him crazy (then again pretty much everyone does this) even though its kind of understandable WHY he is so fucking pissed at the moment
>Refuses to listen to you when you tell her not to get close to Luke on the fucking ice and gets him killed
>Has the gall to blame you even if you risk yourself trying to save him from her dumbassery
>Swipes nearly all your shit and leaves an infant and kid with near nothing
>Sides with Arvo and doesn't seem to give a shit that he shot you

what a fucking cunt
>>
>>87678476
I notice that everyone who hates Bonnie made the "wrong" choice with Luke in the ice. Because otherwise she gets very upset when Clem is shot and the two have a lovely heart to heart just after Kenny's MUH TRUCK freak out.
>>
Sarah and Nate get killed off after all of the prior plots that suggested they'd get big and fulfilling arcs. All the new characters except Jane get thrown to the wolves. And yet here's fucking Kenny getting half the screentime and being extra important at the end.

I wish Lee had been there because my Lee wouldn't have dealt with Kenny's shit again. Lee would have told him to fuck off the first time he pulled one of his temper tantrums.
>>
>>87678501
How is covering the guy on pretty thin ice as he is obviously making his way out the "wrong" choice?

and even then she is still kind of a bitch for all the shenanigans she pulled prior with every group she has ever been a part of anyway
>>
>>87678515
>Lee would have told him to fuck off the first time he pulled one of his temper tantrums.
The problem is you can tell him to fuck off as many times as you like, the game is still gonna make you go find this season's boat.
>>
>>87666971
>I THOUGHT I WAS STEADYING MY HAND, NOT PULLING THE TRIGGER!
>>
>>87678550
Because the choice was actually:
>Rescue Luke since you're a light child
or
>Have a grown ass woman try to rescue Luke on thin ice
>>
>>87678583
No it was more

>Attempt to rescue Luke even though you probably aren't gonna be able to pull him

>Cover him as he inches his way out slowly to not break the ice

Bonnie just jumped in like a moron on choice B
>>
>>87678515
They really dropped the ball on season 2's characters. I can see where blaming Kenny for it comes from because he ended up having much more focus than I ever would have thought before playing. I don't mind Kenny but I get why people hate him and I see why season 2 must have been infuriating for people like you.

At the very least I can agree that the season would have been better if they'd cut Kenny and focused on giving the new characters better plots.
>>
>>87678607
You're right, but the writers were trying to have you decide whether you were too afrighten to help Luke or if you'd be the hero.

They just really fucked the presentation.
>>
>>87678444
They were trying to cowtow to Kenny fans. Those of us who didn't kiss his butt in every single choice in Season One (which was all it took to turn him against you and get him to almost refuse to save Clementine) weren't their concern.
>>
>>87678642
I think this is another one of those moments where Clementine's age made characters' reactions look really awful. The fact that Bonnie got mad at a kid for not risking her life when she didn't think she had to/that she could actually do something made her look like an incredible bitch. It was the same with Arvo shooting Clem and Mike and Bonnie leaving her behind. All of this stuff wouldn't have looked so bizarrely evil if you were playing as an adult.

But somehow it didn't seem like it was the intention to make them look bizarrely evil. The whole season felt like the writers forgot you were playing as a kid, so all of the characters seemed to forget too in the crucial moments.
>>
>>87678664
I didn't kiss his ass and he still had my back

he was a little hesitant which was kind of dickish but he still went "Fuck in the end you still had my back when I needed it most"

Kenny can definitely be a reckless moron but a competent one and I'd take him over most of the S2 group (if it was against Luke as other people have said it would have been way more difficult)
>>
>>87678719
>Kenny
>Competent
You may pick one and ONLY one.
>The plan is drive away
>The plan is be on a boat
>The plan is punch this ONE zombie over and over, that'll help
>The plan is attack the guys with guns with my fists

Kenny was all talk.
>>
File: Punished Kenny.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Kenny.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>87678764
>All talk
>Was right about the boat
>Was right about Wellington
>Was right about Arvo
>Was right about getting the car fixed when everyone else just sat around bitching at him that it couldn't be done
>>
>>87678790
The boat would not have saved them, they woulda just all died at sea, they had no destination.

Wellington wouldn't let them in at all if they'd all went there.

Arvo shot you either on accident or because you were encouraging Kenny to beat him to death.

I'll give you the car tho.
>>
>>87678719
>I didn't kiss his ass and he still had my back

Because the writers are shit and don't know how to make a game with routes. They are so hell bent on telling the story the way they want to that they should've just made a fucking comic book about it, since nothing you did matter in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>87678856
The point isn't a different story for every player, it's the same story flavored to the player.

It's a choose your own adventure book, not a write your own adventure book.
>>
>>87678824
Bullshit Arvo was constantly giving Clem death glares the whole walk because his "sister" / "lover got rekt in the shootout he helped start (which he does no matter what even if you do give him supplies)

Also if you give him supplies they are still missing and he pins it on you (the dude was hiding them in the trash away from his group ffs, dude was most likely stealing from his own group and covered his ass by pinning it on yours)

Who knows how the boat thing would have worked out but its not like they couldn't have ended up somewhere else. In 400 days, the people who steal the boat are just fine. Granted it wasn't a permanent solution but it was something

As for Wellington, point is it WAS there like he said and he sacrifices his own spot just so you and the baby could get in and be safe
>>
>>87678893
Don't give me that bullshit when they say "x will remember that" only for it not to be brought up ever again and/or they die. All of the decision based dialogue is meaningless. All of the choices you do are meaningless.

>It's a choose your own adventure book, not a write your own adventure book.

Have you ever read a Japanese Visual Novel?
>>
>>87678790

>Boat ever a good idea with no clear destination or navigator.

It's like you didn't watch the credits of the dawn of the dead remake.
>>
>>87678956
Wasn't Kenny a fisherman and knew all that shit anyway?

and if the group who stole it ended up fine I am sure they would have been fine. Who knows where the fuck they would have ended up though
>>
>>87678947
>"X will remember that."
>X dies in the next scene
>>
The thing that pissed me off most was that Lee didn't make it longer in Season 1 if you chopped/didn't chop his arm

Imagine if

1) he met up with Christa and Omid in this field before he died and passed Clem on to them,

or

2) Already turned, had to be put down by Clem, and while she's waiting for Christa and Omid to show up, she tries digging him a grave

That would have been a nice death scene instead of being trapped in a fucking jewelry store, what the fuck was that about
>>
>>87660833
>>87660866
cant argue with those doubles
>>
I really miss Lee man. Most of the characters in season 2 were assholes and the decent ones got killed off in stupid ways.
>>
>>87679352
Nick was most wasted character

His writing was strong enough that I was sympathetic to him even after he killed Mathew

and then they fucking dropped a bridge on him without any resolution

they didn't even bother to fucking untangle his body from the fence
>>
File: 2880.jpg (168KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2880.jpg
168KB, 1600x900px
>>87666731
Some decent ideas at the start, but ultimately I thought it watered down everything I liked about the first season.

Morality's more black and white, and you're never allowed to really form a connection with anyone to the same degree that Lee had with Clem.
>>
GOD TIER
>Tales From the Borderlands

GREAT TIER
>The Wolf Among Us

GOOD TIER
>The Walking Dead: Season 1

MEH TIER
>Batman

BAD TIER
>The Walking Dead: Season 2

SHIT TIER
>Game of Thrones
>>
File: clem will remember that.png (169KB, 338x243px) Image search: [Google]
clem will remember that.png
169KB, 338x243px
>>87667058
>>87667745
I was genuinely angry when they ditched Sarah. She was practically the only character in season 2 who wasn't yelling at Clem for not being able to carry the entire group, and she actually had a tragic character arc to work with that paralleled the themes of season one.
>>
File: Bro Knee.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bro Knee.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>87669391
>>87677526
I didn't expect to care about anything in Tales, but they found a really solid balance between characterization and humor.

I'm surprisingly disappointed that Walking Dead and Game of Thrones have been green-lit for another season without any word of more Borderlands yet.
>>
>>87674639
>>87678476
She was pretty terrible to Clem post-ice fishing scene, but I still thought Arvo was worse.
>>
>>87679279
I don't think it was supposed to be pretty. You just barely got Clem away from the psycho and you had to give her a hasty crash course in keeping herself alive before you kick the bucket, which turns Clem into the Chosen One.

As many problems as there are with the writing, I liked the way it ended. It added some bleakness to the situation when a little girl has to watch her father figure holed up in what looks like gas station restroom chained to a pipe surrounded by zombies turn into a zombie. As opposed to getting a relatively nice and tidy death in a pastoral field somewhere. That might just be personal preference though.
>>
File: twdg sarah.png (532KB, 582x715px) Image search: [Google]
twdg sarah.png
532KB, 582x715px
>>87679418
Nick and Sarah competed for the most wasted potential. They're the only cabin group members I felt Clem had any time to really sympathize with early on.

Seemed like they had character arcs in mind for them, but just axed them off in favor of focusing screentime on Kenny and Jane's conflict.
>>
>>87679493
>she actually had a tragic character arc
More true than you realize. Her arc was basically her getting babied, experiencing trauma for the first time, being unable to cope and paying for it with her life. It's fucked up but that's pretty complete. They can't all be Clem. In fact, everyone except Clem sucks and that's why they all died.
>>
File: leave.jpg (48KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
leave.jpg
48KB, 422x750px
>>87679601
I agree. The ending in the jewelry story fit the tone of the scene perfectly for me. It was quiet, and dark, yet very heartfelt.

Staring in handcuffs and ending in handcuffs.
>>
>>87679531
Not to mention god-tier intros
>>
File: clemjacket.png (196KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
clemjacket.png
196KB, 500x534px
>>87679668
But Sarah didn't even die over a mistake on her part.

The deck collapsed in a random accident, she somehow ended up underneath it despite falling after it, and everyone on the deck that could help her forgot that they were holding assault rifles.

It didn't fit some dark emotional theme, it just felt arbitrary and made the group look like jackasses.
>>
>>87679757
Well the group were jackasses.
The fact that they did nothing but dote and get angry at a kid kinda solidified that.
>>
File: Thrones 2015-11-19 19-46-17-42.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Thrones 2015-11-19 19-46-17-42.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>87679422
My negro
>>
>>87679725
It was a good use of licensed music.
>>
>>87679757
When you said they ditched Sarah, I thought you were talking about not saving her the first time. None of the deaths after a certain point had any meaning.
>>
>>87679798
Got me nearly tearing up for Loader-Bot.
>>
>>87679725
>OH
>I know it's not the right time tonight
>But I won't move until this stops
>Go Back To The Top
>>
>>87679531
I didn't brofist him during the apology while they were flying up the sky
>>
>>87679807
>Not crying for Loader-Bot
>>
File: 346.png (505KB, 925x486px) Image search: [Google]
346.png
505KB, 925x486px
>>87679779
>Making Captain Plot Armor the main villain

There are so many stories to explore in the Song of Ice and Fire setting. Why'd we have to get stuck dealing with Ramsay?
>>
>>87679835
You Monster
>>
File: 18.jpg (137KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
137KB, 704x400px
>>87679835
For shame. Bro.
>>
>>87679817
I have never felt so much love for a video game's music to a designated scene since Transformers Fall of Cybertron's finale.

>He didn't buy the most expensive suit for Sasha
>>
>>87679868
When I found out Fionna was the one telling that I lost my shit
>>
>>87679851
Not to mention that any of the GoT characters are dialogue fanservice

>One of the dialogue choices is "winter is coming" and "You'll be there to protect me" with Jon
>Tyrion's prison scene had no effect whatsoever
>>
>>87679806
Yeah, I was mainly referring to the writers giving up on characters by that point.

Sarah's first death makes more sense. It's forced nihilism that undermines the bittersweet and heartfelt themes of the first season, but it fits the tone that Jane's character was trying to force on you.
>>
>>87679835
>>
>>87679817
God this game was fantastic.
>>
>>87679851
In all honesty Gwyn (I think that was her name) was an excellent side antagonist trying to get you to bow down to her pussy and her dad.
>>
>>87679913
I thought everything with Tyrion felt off. I know that he's a fan favorite for the audience, but as a Lannister, your character has no reason to trust him at the start. You should be keeping up the facade with everyone at King's Landing.
>>
>>87679995
I just wanted the /ss/ with peasantbro
>>
>>87679699
Yeah, okay, you posted a picture that makes it looks much better.
In the game itself, it was just such a fucking bland ending after the entire season?
Screw if its realistic, I want satisfaction.
>>
>>87679975
She does end up leaving her family to help you in the end if you try to call off your ambush attempt

For all the flak I give Game of Thrones, it probably did have the most variety in its endings of any of the modern Telltale games.
>>
>>87679601
Well what I'm saying is depending on your arm cutting choice, you get the jewelry store death or the field death

I think its a great idea, if I do say so myself. At least some choice would have mattered
>>
>>87679878
I kind of liked the other suit. Could coordinate it with Fiona's disguise that way.
>>
>>87680073
Really?

Huh. Wonder what the Telltales endgame is.
>>
>>87679660
>>87679418
>most wasted
>not all the other 400 days characters

pls
as another guy said, Sarah, Clem and Becca could have interacted at Carver's camp, each of them a different result of raising a child in the zombie apocalypse
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (97KB, 384x496px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
97KB, 384x496px
>>87672719
>Liara
>Best girl
You fell for the asari mind trap
>>
File: PinkySwearIsForever.jpg (139KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
PinkySwearIsForever.jpg
139KB, 1152x864px
>>87679817
I'm torn. Rewatching the intros makes me want a second season.

But it ended in such a satisfying open way that I almost hope they leave it as is.
>>
>>87680132
Pretty sure the sequel is Borderlands 3.
>>
>>87680132
>When you have a choice to apologize to Sasha in episode 4 before take off
>"What are you apologizing for?"
"W-Well, if I was forgetting something, I guess now would be a good time to apologize for it."

I wasn't sure if that was a meta joke or not about Telltales' release schedule.
>>
File: walking-dead-s2-.jpg (146KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
walking-dead-s2-.jpg
146KB, 1600x900px
>>87680132
At least Telltale didn't shit on that pinky swear like they did with my last one.
>>
>>87680169
Might be wrong, but I think the dialogue is different if you lied to her about Jack.
>>
File: 1467573914279.png (17KB, 247x239px) Image search: [Google]
1467573914279.png
17KB, 247x239px
>>87680216
Ah, so cute
>>
File: indubitably.jpg (80KB, 620x289px) Image search: [Google]
indubitably.jpg
80KB, 620x289px
>>87680140
I wouldn't mind a cameo, involving the ruins of Hyperion or some-such.

But I hope they leave their character arcs to Telltale.
>>
>>87680275
Nah I mean Fiona would probably be one of the new Vault Hunters given her development with that lesbian hunter in Episode 3.
>>
>>87680132
>literally tearing himself apart to defeat Jack

that was pretty cool gotta admit
>>
>>87680169
>Starting episode 2
>"Yes, Yes, it's been a while. Everyone knows."
>>
>>87680294
I know, but I prefer that Rhys and Fiona's stories be told in the Telltale format. Though there could always be a time skip, if there is a season 2.

Have everyone doing their own thing during Borderlands 3 before reuniting.
>>
>>87680374
One of the main problems when I played BL was that there were all these interesting protagonists and most of the time they were just mute and you can't really interact with the other characters. It got really boring so I was pessimistic in downloading Tales from Borderlands. Glad to be wrong.
>>
File: hatchet.jpg (38KB, 824x674px) Image search: [Google]
hatchet.jpg
38KB, 824x674px
Easy
>>
File: 9rt0k9a.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9rt0k9a.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>87679817
Fucking loved Tales from the Borderlands which completely redeemed the shitpile that is the Borderlands franchise. Jack is my husbando forever.
>>
File: sasha.png (668KB, 1000x1293px) Image search: [Google]
sasha.png
668KB, 1000x1293px
>>87680433
Yeah, there's this crazy high-tech world and all these colorful characters, but you can't interact with much of it beyond running and gunning.

So it's interesting that Telltale found a way to explore the setting beyond its source material.
>>
>>87680487
I was already tired of those Telltale conversation notifications by the time the first season of Walking Dead was over.

Handsome Jack breaking the fourth wall with it made them all worth it.
>>
File: kinolands.jpg (693KB, 800x1371px) Image search: [Google]
kinolands.jpg
693KB, 800x1371px
>>87680487
Did you keep it, /co/?
>>
>>87680565
I loved him as a villain. But I killed him as soon as I was able.
>>
>>87680586
As any sane man would.

Too bad I can't do the same for this little bugger
>>
>>87680565
>>87680565
Yes, of course
>>
>>87680601
To his credit, the blatant censoring of his panicked cursing when he saw what we would be fighting got a pretty good laugh out of me.
>>
>>87680711
Yeah, that got me as well.
>>
File: show me why you're strong.png (812KB, 651x922px) Image search: [Google]
show me why you're strong.png
812KB, 651x922px
>>87680316
Based.
>>
My main small nitpick with Tales from the Borderlands is if you save Felix during episode 1 you find out he knew about the bomb in the briefcase the whole time. But then it makes no sense for him to die if you decide to not tell him about the bomb.
>>
>>87680850
He probably forgot in the heat of the moment.
>>
>>87680827
Never has cyber exorcism got me on the edge of my seat.
>>
Alright Borderfags, who did you think the masked stranger was in the first four episodes.
>>
>>87680850
Yeah, I'm not sure if it was the original idea for his character when they wrote episode one, but I think his plan was to fake his death, but you can only make contact with him again if you warn him.
>>
>>87680890
Sasha or Vaughn, but mainly a random background bandit from the town.
>>
>>87680890
Definitely not who it turned out to be.

I was kind of leaning towards it being Vaughn, because there was this theme of him being afraid of getting left behind or betrayed by Rhys.
>>
>>87680971
I was really careful in checking if my choices could burn someone's face off. It's the only speculation I had for the masketta man, that he was a burn victim.

So closest I had was Felix but I warned him of that.
>>
File: Grease Face.jpg (227KB, 1830x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Grease Face.jpg
227KB, 1830x1072px
>>87680971
I would have laughed.
>>
>>87665957
This really isn't a defense: effectively what hiding the baby means is that Kenny was so horrible at this point that the only thing the devs could think of as a counterbalance to make a "controversial" choice was a potential baby-murderer.
>>
File: Tales.png (897KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
Tales.png
897KB, 1280x974px
>>87680531
Best girl.
>>
>>87681113
Honestly Fiona best girl but I can't bring myself to ship her and Rhys because they seem so good as sibling-ish relationship but at the same time I don't know if I could commit to fully shipping Sasha and Rhys.
>>
>>87681194
Rhys and Fiona were a good "enemies becoming friendly rivals" chemistry.

Rhys and Sasha were a bit more amiable from the get-go, leaving room for some romantic development.
>>
>>87681217
Yeah I just passively headcanon them as twins separated from birth for being too snarky in the belly with each other in the early episodes.

God, I just really love a great lot of the characters in this, even the villains and that guy who sounds like Kronk.
>>
>>87681248
Vasquez was great. Was a little disappointed that he didn't survive longer.
>>
>>87680850
>>87680922
I think the hidden con is the idea. Felix deactivated the bomb long enough to get most of the money out, but reactivated it to make the betrayal look believable. The case would blow up, he would disappear, and make Vallory's gang assume that all the cash had been destroyed. But he didn't account for the armoire being flung out of the back of the caravan with all the money.
>>
>>87681271
He was the first guy on my list to be the masked stranger, but I crossed him out as he didn't have his iconic voice.
>>
File: Fingered.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fingered.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>87681271
Even when he's dead, he still steals the show.
>>87681302
This makes sense but still doesn't quite explain why he only contacts Fiona if she tells him about the bomb. Vallory and Vasquez were dead by then so it would have been safe to reveal the plan. Maybe you could argue he wasn't able to find her until you went looking for allies but it feels more like TT didn't fully plan this plot point from the start.
>>
File: australian censorship.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
australian censorship.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>87681442
>>
>>87654406
go home /v/
>>
All I am waiting for is a new season of tales from the borderlands

I mean, seriously why end it on such a cliffhanger. I just want to know wha happens

Is it in development?
>>
>>87682387
see >>87680140

The second season of Tales will more or less, be likely something that takes place during or after BL3.
>>
>>87682387
>Is it in development?
nope
sales were too weak for 2ks liking and it's fair since they make more money with the fps installments then VNs with QT events
>>
>>87683184
Because their TF2 Clone worked out soo well.
>>
File: Calypso.jpg (28KB, 436x356px) Image search: [Google]
Calypso.jpg
28KB, 436x356px
>>87684309
>Battleborn

The thought of it will never not make me laugh. Such tremendously poor release timing.
>>
>>87684309
That only furthers ensure they won't fund/license out for a new Tales from the Borderlands
>>
>>87681442
>Maybe you could argue he wasn't able to find her until you went looking for allies but it feels more like TT didn't fully plan this plot point from the start.
Yeah, both explanations might be the case.

Telltale wanted to validate both choices. He might have been looking for you, but Fiona assumes he's dead and doesn't seek him out if she didn't warn him about the case.
>>
>>87682387
Same answer they give for whether or not there'll be a Wolf Among Us season 2.

Maybe.
>>
>>87678893
>It's a choose your own adventure book, not a write your own adventure book.
Choose your own adventure books still have more endings.
>>
>>87679422
The Wolf Among Us fell apart in like, its third episode and Season 1 isn't as good as you remember. I haven't played Tales From The Borderlands yet.
>>
>>87685255
I really liked Wolf Among Us, but I think the investigation aspect of it held the story back a bit, because it had to repeatedly find ways for you to progress regardless of how you wanted to investigate, and despite how terrible you might have been at linking evidence.

Still enjoyed the characters and setting though.
>>
>>87685320
The investigation parts were tedious, the mystery became boring, and the trial scene was just fucking retarded.

All it has going for it is its strong opening.
>>
>>87685387
I liked the mystery, but didn't think the reveal had quite the impact that it could have. Maybe because we didn't really know who the Crooked Man was until the very end.
>>
>>87685444
But they mystery was no real mystery. It was just a standard investigation and took no real twists and turns. All of this and it was ended on "u are a murderer" "no im a business man" "but you directly influenced events that led to the deaths of multiple people" "no im a business man" "ok lets just throw you in a pit now" which made the whole experience feel kind of asinine.
>>
>>87685524
Crane and the Woodsman being red herrings could technically qualify as a a twist.

And I thought that the ending reveal that Faith was probably dead the entire time and Nerissa orchestrated the whole thing to free herself and the other girls was interesting.
>>
>>87685590
Crane and the Woodsman come too early too early in the story as red herrings to be seriously considered.

I felt that was kind of rushed and shoehorned desu. The pacing of the whole thing felt kind of off.
>>
>>87685635
It may or may not be true, but there is a rumor that Telltale rewrote parts of the ending after someone guessed who the killer was on the Telltale forums.

And that Detective Brannigan and that ginger guy who kept showing up and bumping into you would come into play.
>>
>>87685749
>And that Detective Brannigan and that ginger guy who kept showing up and bumping into you would come into play.
I barely remember this at all.

Also, that Beast subplot went nowhere.
>>
File: confused jack.gif (2MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
confused jack.gif
2MB, 245x200px
>>87666847
Except for screwing over Rhys in ep5 Jack did nothing wrong.
Fight me.
>>
>https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guardians_of_the_galaxy/telltale-games-secret-marvel-project-revealed-the-a146742
How hard will it suck?
>>
>>87674730
I'm i the only one that has a feeling about Mike being the next protagonist?
He's got a scar we dont know nothing about.
Hell, we dont really know anything about him (to be explored in S3) and that means that s3 protag can be an familiar face without actually having to bother about previous seasons choices being canon.
I'd like that, i liked his voice.
>>
>>87686090
>I'd like that, i liked his voice.
Are you gay or something, Anon?
>>
File: Tales from Borderlands.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tales from Borderlands.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>87686032
>Guardians of the Galaxy
I'd say I wasn't interested, because I'm not a huge fan of the source material, but I said the same thing about Borderlands, and they surprised me there. So who knows?

Still a tad disappointed that the wacky space adventure we're getting isn't season two of Tales though.
>>
>>87686090
They've already confirmed that it's Clem again for season 3. Mike didn't have much of a story or player investment to pick up on, other than the fact that he was willing to leave Clem for dead after Arvo shot her.
>>
>>87686032
>>87686183
Might be good because it probably won't be serious. Telltale sucks at actually writing serious stories.
>>
>>87667726
I remember playing the stoners' mission and rushed to get the car started because I thought I would drive over and rescue the other dude.
Instead you just drive off
>>
>>87686205
So, Kenny's gonna canonically die.
a shame.
>>
>>87686308
Or get separated by something stupid like in season 1.
>>
File: 400-days-shel-becca.jpg (42KB, 852x466px) Image search: [Google]
400-days-shel-becca.jpg
42KB, 852x466px
>>87667726
>>87667755
>showdown between Clem and Edgy Clem from 400 Days.
I was actually really hyped for that idea.

The dynamic of Becca, and Sarah representing the different extremes of children learning to deal with the apocalypse, yet being forced to learn to work together as Clem tries to find the balance between them.
>>
>>87654406
Say my name.
>>
File: alone.jpg (26KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
26KB, 600x337px
>>87686535
>Clem hanging out with Sarah and Becca
It's a wasted opportunity, because that type of dynamic would have actually made use of Clem's young age.

Instead she's mediating between a bunch of grown-ass adults who can't stop fighting for ten minutes.
>>
>>87686614
You're the boatmaster.
>>
So, uhh...

Am I the only one that was into Katjaa and thought she deserved better than Kenny?
>>
>>87686710
>Am I the only one that was into Katjaa
yes
>thought she deserved better than Kenny?
Kenny deserved no one
>>
>>87686291
this is why these games are bad, they are cartoons that just let you think you have agency
>>
>>87686710
She was being selfish when she killed herself.
>>
>>87686785
Well, yeah, but.

Big mature tits.
>>
>>87686614
Punished Kenny: A Fallen Legend.
>>
>>87686845
The word you're looking for is "saggy"
>>
>>87687029
Whatever. I want 'em.
>>
>>87686785
More like smart, look at the rest of that adventure
>>
>>87685749
This. The multi-month delay between eps 1 and 2, the goddamn ginger with the shepard's crook tie, the completely altered previews and episode titles and screens, etc.

It may not have necessarily been because of people figuring out the "killer" too early, but clearly the whole thing got a serious rewrite post ep1.
>>
>>87687325
I could believe it cold be over people catching the twist.
This is the same writing team that undid the Luke Vs Kenny showdown of S2 because no one like Luke on the forums but loved Jane so guess what changed by episode 5?
>>
File: 1476722654217.jpg (32KB, 330x374px) Image search: [Google]
1476722654217.jpg
32KB, 330x374px
>>87666971
>>
File: armed with death.jpg (102KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
armed with death.jpg
102KB, 1024x640px
>>87687389
>no one like Luke on the forums but loved Jane
I thought it was the other way around. Though both characters got a lot of hate for the shit they pulled in episode four.
>>
File: 1475121128835.png (649KB, 696x466px) Image search: [Google]
1475121128835.png
649KB, 696x466px
>>87687471
>>
>>87687505
On /v/ it was the other way around, most dislike Jane and felt Luke was a good mirror yo Kenny.
And most on /v/ exploded with episode four because Luke dicked Jane
>>
>>87687325
There was a gamesradar article of sorts that mentions the ginger.

>In an early version of the story, Cryer was meant to represent The Boy Who Cried Wolf and act as Bigby's deputy during the events of the game. This concept was scrapped when the writers decided that the sheriff acting as a lone wolf fit better with his character in the comic series.
>>
File: Alone Ending.png (335KB, 540x375px) Image search: [Google]
Alone Ending.png
335KB, 540x375px
>>87687589
Everyone in the group was dead to me halfway through episode five.
>>
>>87679995
If I remember right, you did have the choice to not trust him/not drop the facade with him.
>>
I wish Luke fucked Clem instead of Jane
>>
>>87681113
Why were people so salty about Rhys and Sasha? Was it Rhys and Fiona shipper autism?
>>
>>87686032
I was wondering what they'd go with and I'm actually happy with Guardians of the Galaxy. That seems like it would fit best with Telltale's format. I expect a feel more like Tales from the Borderlands, which bodes well.
>>
>>87686205
Season 3's PC isn't Clem. It's Javier, a new character. I think we can play as Clem at some point too though.
>>
>>87687821
That, and people hating blacks.
>>
>>87687883
I mean, it's understandable.
>>
>>87687505
Everybody hates whatever character they think will be faced off against their precious Kenny. People say they liked Luke now but back when it seemed like they were setting up Luke vs Kenny, everyone constantly talked shit about Luke.

/v/ was that way too. I remember those days.
>>
>>87687883
Is she even black? She has darker skin and keeps her hair in cornrows but that doesn't necessarily mean black.
>>
>>87687764
After you swear loyalty to Joffrey there's no real option to tell Tyrion that you were being genuine. You either badmouth the queen or basically say that you were bluffing for Margaery's sake.

You can still refuse to take his trading deal when he offers it though.
>>
>>87687880
You play as both apparently. Switching perspectives like in Tales.
>>
>>87687821
>Was it Rhys and Fiona shipper autism?
Pretty much.

I liked their love hate relationship, but it was annoying when people started complaining that it didn't have romantic development.
>>
>>87688047
I don't know if it'll be quite as split as Tales, because they're much more focusing on Javier than Clem when they talk about the game.
>>
>>87688080
They were great as friends. Giving them a romance would have been boring.
>>
>>87688080
I'm not surprised they won't let you romance yourself.

And people get annoyed like you were forced into the Sasha romance, even when you can very easily not go for it.
>>
>>87687922
I remember everyone always calling Luke a child molester.
>>
>>87688265
Wait, why?
>>
>>87654406
Dale

Dude was great support and in story was a damn lucky bastard scoring with Andrea and possibly Amy.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>1st playtrough
>Jane and Kenny are fighting
>get super nervous
>Given the option to shoot one of them
>too nervous to notice this
>notice i nthe last fucking moment
>panic
>just hit button without thinking
>I shoot Kenny
>I am in shock
>Jane goes "lol it was a joke JOLO"
>"fuck you Jane"
>abandon her
Wish the game had given me the option to at least flip her off before leaving
>>
File: 109401_front.jpg (99KB, 640x910px) Image search: [Google]
109401_front.jpg
99KB, 640x910px
>>87663416
>>
>>87688298
Talking to Jane afterwards was the first time I allowed Clem to swear.
>>
>>87687601
Okay, yeah, he was totally the villain. They'd need some way to justify him not being around for the comics.
>>
>>87688280
They were trying to act like his interactions with Clem were creepy. This is back when Kennyfags shat on Luke constantly.
>>
>>87687883
If Sasha's black, surely Fiona is?
I mean, she's very pale, but that's not unheard of.
>>
>>87686614
My name
>>
>>87687818
Clem is 11, and not for sexual
>>
>>87689195
I don't think they're actually biological sisters.
>>
File: 20161027222610_1.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161027222610_1.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>87687950
>Is she even black?

No, she's just very tanned.

She and Fiona are supposed to be Mediterranean, I believe.
>>
File: 1479056292713.jpg (74KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1479056292713.jpg
74KB, 607x608px
>>87654785
>I'll get this guy really angry by pretending to kill a baby then you'll see what an unstable person he is! btw I will probably leave you at any moment if you choose to help me.

What a dumb bitch.
>>
>>87666971

I have never, ever heard anyone use the term 'glass him' in a positive, generous manner.

It fucking sounds threatening, what world are you people even on
>>
File: cuaiczwueaaid_w-jpg-large.jpg (370KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
cuaiczwueaaid_w-jpg-large.jpg
370KB, 800x1185px
>>87663416
man protector + loli is always great because with little girls around the man gets a +5 badass bonus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo
>>
File: U9CDpxQ.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
U9CDpxQ.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>87689300
Felix just recruitin orphans.
>>
File: Brad and Buddy.gif (55KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
Brad and Buddy.gif
55KB, 550x400px
>>87689736
I can't think of many of those scenarios that have a happy ending.
>>
>>87689813
That game was shit.
>>
>>87689813
I thought the same thing about The Last of Us, then that turned out okay, so this might also be a surprise.
>>
File: the painful.jpg (139KB, 540x738px) Image search: [Google]
the painful.jpg
139KB, 540x738px
>>87689835
The shit.
>>
>>87689894
*shit
I still don't know what people liked about it besides "muh feels"
>>
>>87690073
The depressive story, dark humor, and weird music mainly.
>>
>>87690156
Depressing doesn't equal good. Humor was alright, I guess. Music was decent.

There's people going "best game of all time" though when they can't name what they liked about the writing besides it being sad. Same situation as TWD season 1 to me desu.
>>
>>87685130
90% of them are endings where you die, and one or two good endings.
>>
>>87690203
Still more than Telltale games.
>>
>>87654406
Looks like a video game character.
I dunno, any of them?
>>
>>87689788
That's what I always assumed it was. Or Fiona and Sasha stuck together before that and he found them. They look nothing alike and that's on purpose, especially with Telltale character models.
>>
>>87690231
Objectively false.
>>
>>87690280
Objectively correct.
>>
File: 1448011443770.jpg (13KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1448011443770.jpg
13KB, 300x169px
>>87690295
Glad you agree with me.
>>
Telltale games are about the journey, not the destination. Whether you played Lee as a good guy or a cold hard bastard matters, even if both versions die at the end.
>>
>>87690363
Damn, you got me there but you're also wrong.
>>
>>87663435
Batman is actually becoming one of my favorites.
>>
File: smug trucies.png (333KB, 456x474px) Image search: [Google]
smug trucies.png
333KB, 456x474px
>>87690397
But you agreed with me.
>>
>>87690464
You know what I meant, cyberbully.
>>
File: Clem gonna fuck you up.jpg (236KB, 1148x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Clem gonna fuck you up.jpg
236KB, 1148x1184px
>>87687750

Alone Ending best ending.

Now if only you could choose to leave the cuckbaby too.
>>
File: 1467604689364.jpg (16KB, 269x244px) Image search: [Google]
1467604689364.jpg
16KB, 269x244px
>>87690508
I'm going to bully you and you're going to like it, nerd.
>>
>>87690576
No, I'm not. Please leave me alone.
>>
File: 1448075400587.png (309KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
1448075400587.png
309KB, 703x703px
>>87690607
>>
>>87690631
I don't know what this means. Don't cry, Anon.
>>
File: smug anime girl2.jpg (40KB, 941x765px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl2.jpg
40KB, 941x765px
>>87690657
>>
>>87690708
You have a lot of smug anime girls. I think it's time to stop.
>>
File: smug anime collage.jpg (938KB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime collage.jpg
938KB, 1920x1070px
>>87690747
>>
File: can't escape.jpg (85KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
can't escape.jpg
85KB, 786x1017px
>>87690191
>Depressing doesn't equal good
Different stories are going to resonate with different people. I thought the emotional downward spiral of the main character was an interesting take on psychological horror.
>>
>>87663489
I killed them both
first Jane for giggles and than kenny for mercy
>>
File: smug vampire loli.png (654KB, 673x535px) Image search: [Google]
smug vampire loli.png
654KB, 673x535px
>>87690799
do you have any of best smug
>>
>>87691188
Yeah, but people always equate feeling emotion to good writing. I could go over how I thought it was bad specifically but I kind of want to wrap this up so it doesn't go off-topic.
>psychological horror
It's not really mean to be that and it mostly isn't.
>>
>>87667755
>>87686535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM1lKm7MKrk
>>
>>87654406
Lee never cried

I wanted to make him cry
>>
>>87691326
>people always equate feeling emotion to good writing
Assuming it's more than frustration and disappointment, it's usually considered an accomplishment for a story to succeed in making you feel something.
>>
>>87691930
That's not the only thing a story has to or should do to be good though. People can feel sad over anything as long as the story itself is sad. And generally, I think people are too easily manipulated for that to be a sign of quality anymore.

For instance, if I make a story about a kid starving to death during the Holocaust, I guarantee it'll make some people sad. Doesn't mean it'll be good though.
>>
File: Lee and Clem.jpg (21KB, 590x316px) Image search: [Google]
Lee and Clem.jpg
21KB, 590x316px
>>87692050
I disagree. Just having terrible thing after terrible thing happen in a story doesn't guarantee an emotional reaction.

That's why I disliked Telltale's second season of Walking Dead. It didn't have the tonal balance or character development to make the horrible things that happened mean anything. It just killed characters off for shock value, and didn't earn the emotional weight or impact that the first season had.
>>
>>87692176
It does for some people and really, that's all that's required for most people who get affected by these kinds of games.

The first season was just like the second season pacing and even story wise. People's emotions can't be calculated well so I think season 1 was just lightning in a bottle in a way.

I can assure you that some people felt emotions from season 2. Fuck, people even debate the whole Kenny/Jane thing with passion despite the drama being so horribly written.
>>
>>87692288
Kenny ending in season 2 is more emotional than the season 1 ending.
>>
>>87692176
>>87692288
Also, if I had to guess why season 2 was such a failure in the eyes of normies, it'd be the lack of Lee (or more accurately, the lack of his great voice) and the fact that it's the same kind of shit twice so the impact's softened.
>>
File: 1478649594237.jpg (26KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
1478649594237.jpg
26KB, 300x289px
>>87692320
Fuck off, Kenny is the villain.
>>
>>87692320
Kennyfags are cancer.
>>
>>87692288
>The first season was just like the second season pacing and even story wise
It's obviously subjective, but I think a lot of people disagree. Season 2 went for a more action-driven cinematic approach, skipping over the hub areas that season 1 had for calmer interactions and problem solving. Not to mention how many character arcs were dropped halfway through the story.

I'm sure a lot of people liked season 2 well enough, but most discussions I've seen seem to agree that it wasn't the same tier as the first season.
Thread posts: 526
Thread images: 115

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.