[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you liking Grant Morrison's Heavy Metal? Why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: me on the left.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
me on the left.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
How are you liking Grant Morrison's Heavy Metal? Why is it so disappointing?
>>
>>87631370
I dig it so far.
You just trying to troll Morrison fans or?
>>
File: Grant Morrison's Heavy Metal.jpg (105KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
Grant Morrison's Heavy Metal.jpg
105KB, 600x803px
Fuck Grant Morrison and fuck Heavy Metal.

>it's July
>in The Year of Our Lord 2016
>be in my local LCS shop
>nervously approach the shopkeep
>ask for my pull list
>shopkeeper grins and starts talking loudly
>"Oh, you want the latest issue of Heavy Metal? I hear it's ~furry~ good."
>other patrons are turning to look
>shopkeep holds up the issue for all to see
>"I bet you can't wait to get your ~paws~ on this one!"
>other patrons are now giggling
>I start to get sweaty, feel my face turning red
>I yank the issue out of their hands
>"What's the matter? I'm just ~horsing~ around with you!"
>all the patrons are laughing at me
>even that cute qt that I like
>I hand the shopkeep my allowance and run out
>I can feel their eyes on me
>I can feel the kibble tumbling out of my pockets
>I'm so martyfied that I can never return there ever again
It was already bad enough when that ass Brandon Graham pulled this same shit with Island and I just had to grin and bear it, but this was the real seal on the deal.
>>
>>87631407

No I'm legit disappointed by it. I guess I built it up a little bit but I was very hype for it and then when i read it it was essentially just mediocre Heavy Metal as its always been. I really don't feel his influence as editor anywhere.
>>
Does Morrison have any upcoming comic projects?
He is just an editor for heavy metal right?
>>
>>87631452
Stale pasta is stale
>>
>>87631452
>tfw LCS owner asked if I'd be interested in buying tail plugs when I bought that Island issue
>>
>>87631492
He's doing a story or two for the magazine.
>>
Did Morrison leave DC? Is he not working on any Rebirth projects for them?
>>
>>87631492

Well his Multiversity 2 books were announced a long while ago but there hasn't been any word since. Most likely they're waiting on the artists.

He has two SyFy shows in development, a Brave New Word adaptation and his series Happy, so I'm guessing that's where his time is spent. Why they chose one of the bottom 5 worst Morrison comics to adapt is beyond me.
>>
>>87631452
>mocking your customers when you're already in a shitty dying industry that the internet has 95% replaced

A sound business strategy.
>>
Is that his wife to his right?
>>
>>87631588

He's done with monthlies. Everything now will be like Multiversity or Wonder Woman Earth One
>>
>>87631600
*left
>>
What are the sales numbers for Heavy Metal?
I never see any kind of buzz for this magazine.
>>
File: Ra's.jpg (42KB, 709x536px) Image search: [Google]
Ra's.jpg
42KB, 709x536px
>>87631600

Yep. Grant Morrison who for many years enjoyed dressing in drag is married to a woman that looks exactly like him dressed in drag.
>>
>>87631452
8/10 made me cackle
>>
>>87631452
>>I'm so martyfied that I can never return there ever again

You are a pussy or what ?

Don't tell me you'll let those fucking nerds bullying you, jesus.
>>
>>87631660
That's just Morrison of Earth-11.
>>
>>87631492
Johns doesn't want any writer above him.

Morrison almost left DC after his action comic run, didio is the only reason he stayed, now he will work only outside continuity, he doesn't want to be involved or affected by pleb shit. Morrison tried to write captain marvel books twice, and was cock blocked by Johns pre and post new 52
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.