[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is basically an allegory or artists who ant to work as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Robots2005Poster.jpg (69KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
Robots2005Poster.jpg
69KB, 300x445px
So this is basically an allegory or artists who ant to work as animators for big companies like isney getting a reality check about the corporate side of things and the competitiveness of the industry, with the message being to go independent to find success, right?

Because man, in retrospect it seems pretty blatant that that's what they were going for, especially coming from a new studio at the time.
>>
>>87630575
I can't even remember this movie other than the part where they build a baby.
>>
Man I love this movie, the soundrack the pretty lit and the quote "You can shine no matter what your're made of always stuck with me as a kid."
>>
>>87630575
It's very specifically about what was going on at Disney at the time.

Ratchet's Michael Eisner, the upgrades being superficial and really crappy=Chicken Little and Eisner's general belief that CG was inherently superior to 2D, Bigweld's revolt=Roy Disney's Save Disney movement that got Eisner to get the fuck out.
>>
>>87630715
That's actually extremely interesting
>>
>>87630575
That's a ery good bservation P, I ever though of it hat way.
>>
File: 1478470330328.png (516KB, 633x511px) Image search: [Google]
1478470330328.png
516KB, 633x511px
>>87630644
>robot from a working class family inspired by inventor robot on tv to work on his inventing craft while helping his family
>eventually moves into a big city to go get a job at hat company by showing the inventor bit his big idea
>laughed out by security and not even given a chance at the corporate ladder, turns out the inventor robot doesn't even manage the company, he fuck's around with dominos while suits making shitty movie- I mean inventions fuck everyone over by basically making it illegal to jot buy their new chassis product
>protag robot starts repairing poor robots and making small independent movie- I mean inventions and getting a reputation for it
>suit robot throws protag robot in a dungeon and all his friends come to rescue him, and protag robot convinces him to still give a shit. They all revolt against the suit robot and live happily ever after
>>
>>87630715
Huh.

Are there any other animated movies that can be taken as a meta commentary of real life stuff like that?
>>
File: 1477890427368.gif (3MB, 540x513px) Image search: [Google]
1477890427368.gif
3MB, 540x513px
>>87630575
All I remember is being confused at why the protagonist went for the secretary lady bot he had zero interaction with until like the very end of the movie, over the friendly tomgirl character who believed in his dream and helped save him.

Is this how it feels being cucked as a girl?
>>
>>87630715
And Rodney is John Lasseter.
>>
>one of my uni professors worked on the kidfriendly cdrom games that came out for this, as a programmer

He said it took him about 5 weeks for all of them and he hated it but they cut him a nice big paycheck and it paid his rent for 2 years.
>>
File: picture_1.png (732KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
picture_1.png
732KB, 800x521px
>>87630575

>androids

Were their civilization founded by sex dolls?

Form for function!
>>
File: lord fuckwad.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lord fuckwad.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
>>87630853
Shrek was also basically one big fuck you to Eisner. This guy was supposedly based on him and was thus named Farquaad in an attempt to get away with saying fuckwad in a kids movie.
>>
File: she means sex.jpg (137KB, 590x597px) Image search: [Google]
she means sex.jpg
137KB, 590x597px
>>87630644
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.