[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what did you really think of Captain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 14

File: civil bore.jpg (180KB, 1100x563px) Image search: [Google]
civil bore.jpg
180KB, 1100x563px
Now that the dust has settled, what did you really think of Captain America: Civil War, /co/?
>>
I loved it.
>>
Better than everything DC and that's all that matters to me.
>>
Severly underwhelming.
>>
>>87606209
Loved it. There's really nothing else to say about it.
>>
>>87606209

The most ridiculous piece of propaganda I've seen in years.
>>
>>87606209

It was okay. I have more issue with the fact that we even did CW already in the first place. It seems like the Avengers where barely just forming as a team before they went for each others throats
>>
Eh, mediocre.
>>
>>87606209
Decent the first time but will probably never watch it again. Pretty much every MCU film.
>>
I enjoyed it. It wasn't a terrible film, it had flaws but the good bits outweighed them and made it an overall decent film. Despite having the huge cast, it still felt like a Cap film and not Avengers 2.5. And it felt like the characters had a reason to disagree, not necessarily fight and wreck an airport, but there was definitely room to disagree and argue.
>>
Tony was right
>>
I liked it, not as much as Winter Soldier but still in my top 5 MCU movies.
>>
I enjoyed it more than the comic version of Civil War

>>87607748
Yes
>>
really loved it, but TWD is still the best mcu movie (for me)
maybe after i re watch it they will be tie
>>
>>87607903
The Walking Dead?
>>
A disappointment. Seems like the curse of events carried over from comics.
>>
>>87607903
>>87608023

Thor: World Dark

>>87606209

It was ok, but at the time it lacked impact. No one died. We haven't seen the fallout of the fighting yet, so there's still hope that this results in big changes in-universe, but it felt weak.
>>
>>87606209
Loved it. Some parts were meh bu overall, really entertaining.

BP, Spidey and RDJ's performance were the highlights for me.
>>
an objectively bad film in every way
>>
Quite possibly the peak of the mcu
>>
>>87607471
This. Most people I talk to are one and done with these movies
>>
It would have been awesome but all the other characters forced in there because they know they will bring in more money brought it down. Winter Soldier was awesome and none of the characters were forced in there
>>
I loved it. Most entertaining superhero movie.
>>
File: 6546434151.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6546434151.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>87606209
Great movie, albeit with some flaws and points that should have been resolved.
Otherwise, it's one of the best MCU movies, but definitely falls flat to TWS, IM, GotG and ANTS
>>
OFFICIAL SUBJECTIVE MCU POWER RANKING

Great-tier
>Winter Soldier

Good-tier
>Iron Man
>Civil War
>First Avenger
>GotG
>Doctor Strange
>Ant-Man
>The Avengers

Meh/Kinda bad-tier
>The Incredible Hulk
>Iron Man 3
>Thor
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2

Biggest disappointment-tier
>Age of Ultron
>>
>>87607405
>>87608393
Because they're episodic at this point, they aren't really that singular anymore.

Besides Guardians
>>
>>87606209
It was just okay.
>>
>>87608724
>First Avenger
>good-tier

Maybe the first half, but as soon as that montage about the war happens the movie turns embarrassingly cringeworthy.
>>
I loved the part where BVS was better
>>
>>87608724
>>Iron Man 2
But it's only worse than TWS
>>
Its about time Stark isn't treated like a perfect god who's never wrong. Its so fucking annoying how much they put him on a pedestal well literally every other character gets the shit kicked out of them.

Also, GIANT ANTS
>>
File: evans-cavill.jpg (82KB, 970x689px) Image search: [Google]
evans-cavill.jpg
82KB, 970x689px
>>87608954
>>
>>87610011
>Its about time Stark isn't treated like a perfect god who's never wrong. Its so fucking annoying how much they put him on a pedestal

so you missed Age of Ultron?
>>
>>87608954
t. snyder
>>
>>87610076
>posting Cuck Evans after his breakdown during the 2016 election.

baka
>>
>>87607407
This. Seem so desperate to tie in to well known storylines from the books that they are jumping in at the deep end and ignoring decades of other goodies.
>>
File: 1407419961151.jpg (10KB, 186x144px) Image search: [Google]
1407419961151.jpg
10KB, 186x144px
>civil war
>the war was actually pretty civil
>>
File: Moevengers (1).png (545KB, 1233x900px) Image search: [Google]
Moevengers (1).png
545KB, 1233x900px
>>87607346
This.

Great movie and way to do hero vs hero - be at joking how stupid it often is, and also when taking the sitution seriously, dealing with character arcs that were developed across multuple movies.
>>
File: 1450754087916.jpg (10KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1450754087916.jpg
10KB, 250x230px
>>87608724
Just like Amazing Spider-Man 2, I am utterly flabbergasted that people shit on Avengers 2 when the first movie was just as bad
>>
>>87606209
6.5/10
eh

>>87607346
>>87610190
le company war face :^)
>>
>>87606209
Best Iron Man film, best Avengers film, second best Cap film. Functionally it's two separate films jammed together and the entire Accords and Avengers plotline has nothing to do with the Bucky plotline. No in-universe reason for Hawkeye, Ant-man, or Spider-Man to be in the film at all.
>>
>>87610328
The guys that you mentioned were explicitaly show to tag along because major players asked for their help.
>>
>>87610221
Avengers 1 is better than AoU. Editing and pacing are better and it doesn't undercut its tension constantly.

I'm more bothered that people consistently rank Iron Man as high as they do or Incredible Hulk and IM2 as low as they do.
>>
>>87610221
People were expecting a different movie with Age of Ultron because of the trailers. That's why it's shit on so much.

People have fond memories of the first Avengers movie because it delivered what it promised: a fun team-up flick with a comedic tone that's full of action. Whedon kept harping on about how AoU has a dark tone and will be an Empire Strikes Back type of movie and the trailers also promised a really menacing Ultron.
>>
I liked the film until the airport battle which was the equivalent of a clown car arriving at the end of the second act of Hamlet.
>>
Marvel's Iron Man IV Guest Starring Spiderman and Featuring Captain America
>>
Cap & Bucky vs. Iron Man fight >>>>>>>>>>>>> airport fight

Only plebs and Peterfags disagree.
>>
>>87606209
Disapointed.
After the whole arc of Ant man in his own movie to make it straight so he can be a father again, it's all throw away by the window and he set right back to jail

Spiderman really felt like a last minute addition, it's really the first time in an MCU I feel like a character introduction is just there to introduce the character, in the end, he has almost no impact on the story.

But the worst part is that I was hoping they wouldn't go with the "I have a really good reason to go of the gridd, if you listen to me-LALALALALALA not listening I am too mad at you, plus if I actually try to listen to you, the writers won't be able to find a good reason for us to have a cool fight", yet they walked right into it.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I really liked Age of Ultron. It's really weird to see so much hate that movie while Civil War is being praised.
>>
>>87610369

Nah, I get what he means. The whole accords thing didn't matter that much since only a handful of people had a real opinion of it, and the others were basically just following the guy they liked more.
>>
>>87607658
>Despite having the huge cast, it still felt like a Cap film and not Avengers 2.5.
How? That's exactly what it felt like. The Russos said they wanted Tony to have a good argument (he didn't), but the fact that that was even intended means that it wasn't a Cap film. Cap is supposed to be in the right 100% if it was his film, not 50%.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (104KB, 1920x803px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
104KB, 1920x803px
>>87606209
Thought it was great, although the conflict felt kind of forced.

I loved Spidey in this. Even though he was obviously squeezed in at the last moment. It was the first time in screen I felt that his "quips" are actually the ramblings of a kid scared out of his mind. I liked that. He's just commenting in shit to hide how way in over his head he is.

Although, I do think they made him a little bit to strong. He held up that jet bridge which weighs in and around 27 metric tons.

I know Spidey is strong, but that seemed a little over the top. Especially since he had trouble restraining Cap just the scene before.
>>
Has the dust ever settled?
>>
>>87610613
>After the whole arc of Ant man in his own movie to make it straight so he can be a father again

he cared more about his daughter being safe than he cared about being with her. If we take what you said ad face value, that means his character arc was already undone when he decided to go to the miniscule zone, since as far as he knew he would never see his daughter again after that.

>but I really liked Age of Ultron

fuck, now I regret even botheing to type out a reply.
>>
>>87610769
Age of Ultron is good.

the hate for it never made sense.

The characters act more consitantly in it and the conflicts doesn't seem forced.
>>
File: praise be.png (134KB, 527x831px) Image search: [Google]
praise be.png
134KB, 527x831px
>>87606209
I loved it. I can't wait for what the Russos do next.
>>
>>87610108
This really.

It was a good run of Evansposting, but its over now.
>>
>>87610389
It's shot like a cheap tv movie and the action scenes are bland and uninspired

>waited whole movie for the avengers to fight loki as a team, and instead he gets defeated comedically by hulk
>>
>>87610878
>>87610108
>Evans is disagreeing with me on one issue so now I am calling him a cuck
Jesus Christ, people have the right to have their political opinion, you know?
>>
>>87610927
HILLARY SHOULD HAVE WON

I'M WITH HER UNTIL THE END OF THE LINE!!!
>>
>>87610082

Sorry, I should add the exception. Stark gets his ass kicked only after every other Avenger gets their ass kicked.
>>
>>87610927
>people have the right to have their political opinion, you know?
I know, but memes aren't bound by common rules of decency.

It's gotten stale, this is a good time to retire it.

Hell, I burned my "Pepe With Tendies" still life poster after Trump posted that one image of the frog.
>>
>>87610962
Your point?
>>
>>87610813
>The characters act more consitantly in it

No they don't. Here are some examples.

In Avengers 1, Black Widow was sent to seduce Banner and he sees right through her. Later in the movie he tells her he wasn't going to come along just because she bats her eyelashes. Then suddenly in the second movie, they're madly in love?

Captain America's "language" line. Would the guy who just got done traveling around the world with SHIELD/Hydra's legendary doorkicking squad really be so surprised to hear curse words? There's no fucking way Stark says "shit" more than guys like Rumlow did.

Similar to the above, Banner being such a submissive bitch to Stark in general. He's not even the same guy from the previous movie at all.

>>87610897
>>waited whole movie for the avengers to fight loki as a team

You're an idiot then. He was already weaker than Thor in his solo movie. They established pretty early on that Loki himself wasn't the main threat.
>>
>>87606209
It was ok
I feel like it was too short. Could use an extended version which made the sides more divided
>>
>>87611033
>In Avengers 1, Black Widow was sent to seduce Banner and he sees right through her. Later in the movie he tells her he wasn't going to come along just because she bats her eyelashes. Then suddenly in the second movie, they're madly in love?
It is actually consistent and is a logical conclusion. Ever heard of the I love you me neither dynamic?

>Captain America's "language" line. Would the guy who just got done traveling around the world with SHIELD/Hydra's legendary doorkicking squad really be so surprised to hear curse words?
IT's not about being surprised. He doesn't act surprised and it fit the character. He is used to work with soldier who work professionally.

>Similar to the above, Banner being such a submissive bitch to Stark in general.
They interacted the same way than in the first movie.
>>
>>87611033
I didn't watch Thor, but I remembered Loki being much more powerful in the comics

and no, they didn't. Loki was the main villain
>>
>>87611132
He is clearly established as working for someone else and answering to an higher authority.
>>
>>87611132
>I didn't watch the movie that directly preceded this one

no wonder you were surprised

>and no, they didn't

You should have been clued in when they captured Loki really early and easily and were still worried.
>>
>>87611168
So was vader, that doesn't mean he got defeated like a bitch
>>
I really loved it
>>
>>87610897
They banded together to fight against his evil plan.

Also, them fighting like a team was actually awesome.
>>
>>87611171
getting caught was part of his plan
>>
File: Civil War War Machine.jpg (219KB, 1280x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War War Machine.jpg
219KB, 1280x1016px
No War Machine Techno Blade /10

In all seriousness this was easily one of the worst MCU films.
>>
>>87611182
And?
>>
>>87611221
and nothing.
Loki was a pathetic joke of a villain, and anyone that thinks avengers 1 was better than 2 is a simpleton
>>
>>87611239
>Loki was a pathetic joke of a villain
He was great. But he was better in Thor 2.

And Avengers 1 is better. than 2 (but 2 is still good).
>>
>>87606209
Great.

Far better than AoU, not as good as Cap 1 though.
>>
>>87611239
>Loki was a pathetic joke of a villain
Better than Ultron at least.
>>
>>87611264
For how much Thor 2 gets shit on (rightfully so for the most part), Loki was the best he's ever been in that movie. He was also the saving grace of the movie, otherwise it would've been a complete disaster instead of a mild disaster.
>>
>>87611280
Ultron was great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9GyhX7yHM
>>
>>87611110
>It is actually consistent and is a logical conclusion

No it isn't. They never introduced a reason for him to be infatuated with her, especially not after he flat out rejected her in the previous movie.

>He is used to work with soldier who work professionally.

Professional soldiers still use curse words. and it's not like the Howling Commandos from the first movie were refined at all.

>and it fit the character

Jesus Christ, just because he's from the 40s doesn't mean life was a Leave it to Beaver episode. They had curse words back then, especially in the army.

>They interacted the same way than in the first movie.

Bruce Banner, the guy who intentionally turned the tables on Widow and made her practically shit herself in that tent at the beginning? The guy who told Nick Fury to go fuck himself after finding out he was making weapons? he wasn't letting anyone push him around in that movie, and then in Age of Ultron that's all he did.
>>
>>87611206

and being a physical threat that could fight all the Avengers at once wasn't.
>>
Like most Marvel movies, a lot of great moments, ideas and performances ruined by needing to be as safe and formulaic as possible.

It felt like an actual sequel to Winter Soldier and some other movie about Civil War got mashed together.

Zemo might as well have not been in the movie. That was the entire point of Civil War (at least in theory), that there is no bad guy. He actually had the same problem as Luthor in BvS; we're told he's behind everything, but we don't see him actually doing much that's villainous.

Spider-Man did not need to be in the movie at all. Very transparent corporate advertising gimmick.

The entire airport battle was completely pointless and stupid. All they were trying to accomplish was to walk 100 yards to a helicopter and continue the plot.

In effect it was two stories that had nothing to do with each other happening at the same time and neither is satisfying in the end.

tl;dr it's the same problems as BvS: what could have been good had to be combined with all this tie-in shit to Avengers/Justice League and ended up a bloated mess, despite some really good aspects.

One thing I will say is this is the ONLY movie to characterize Hawkeye correctly. It's very clear the Russos actually read and care about the comics, and not just what they read to prepare for the movie.
>>
>>87611315
Did you even watch the movie? I only watched the first 10 minutes and I can dismantle your second point. Right after that line cap started to swear which Tony made fun of him for it. It was nothing but friendly bantz
>>
>>87611309
>(rightfully so for the most part)
I disagree. Enjoyed the movie from start to finish. especially as the main focus of the movie is precisely about Thor's relationship with his brother.
>>
>>87611354

Except I wasn't complaining about Tony making fun of him for it, I was complaining about Cap saying "language" in the first place. The fact that he also curses in the same movie strengthens my point, not weakens it.
>>
>>87611361
It's too bad half of the movie is wasted on Jane and her shitty sidekicks then.

The Thor and Loki parts were great, that's why it makes me mad that everything else was fuckawful. They should've made an entire movie about Thor and Loki's reluctant adventures across the Nine Realms instead of a shitty excuse for a rom-com with the most bland villain in the MCU.
>>
>>87611315
>t. They never introduced a reason for him to be infatuated with her, especially not after he flat out rejected her in the previous movie.
They have grown on each other. YOu even say yourself how their interaction started in the first movie.
>
Professional soldiers still use curse words. and it's not like the Howling Commandos from the first movie were refined at all.
Cap would till be the kind of guy to do that.

>Jesus Christ, just because he's from the 40s doesn't mean life was a Leave it to Beaver episode.
No, not because he is from the 40's, but because it's actually consitant with Roger's character.

>he wasn't letting anyone push him around in that movie, and then in Age of Ultron that's all he did.
But he interracted with stark in Avengers 2 the same way he did in 1. And he wasn't a pushover in 2 either.
>>
>>87611407
>It's too bad half of the movie is wasted on Jane and her shitty sidekicks then.
I liked those. I really don't see how any of this is bad.
>>
>>87611405
Like I said it might be a flaw he is trying to correct himself and then when Tony questions him he apologizes and says force of habit.
>>
Great movie, but it doesn't surprise me that it's slightly controversial given how many plot threads it juggled.
>>
The only thing that offended me was the airport battle. I liked everything else.
>>
>>87611014
Evansposting is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>87611110
tl;dr

if you have to defend your movie with paragraphs then it sucks
>>
Ant Man a great

Come at me bro
>>
>>87611410
>They have grown on each other

When? We see them not liking each other in the first one, and then suddenly at the beginning of the second one they're in love. I could accept it if it developed over the course of a movie or something, but it didn't. Also Banner already has a girl, which is also completely dropped.

>Cap would till be the kind of guy to do that.
>it's actually consitant with Roger's character.

If it really is in his character to do that, we should have seen it when he was with SHIELD strike team. A huge focus of Winter Soldier was him not fitting in with the modern world and the people at SHIELD; then would have been the perfect time to show if he had a problem with curse words. We know he's uncomfortable with piercings.

Also you misspelled consistent the exact same way twice now and it's triggering the fuck out of me.

>And he wasn't a pushover in 2 either.

He gets bullied by Stark into making a robot he doesn't want to make twice in the same fucking movie. This is the guy who wasn't even going to come with Widow until she convinced him they weren't looking for the Hulk and needed him for his scientific expertise instead. He used to be able to make decisions for himself, is what I'm saying All he does in Age of Ultron is what Stark tells him, even when he knows it's a bad idea.
>>
>>87606209
Legitimately great. Easily top 3 of the MCU. I thought both Cap and Tony had valid points unlike the actual comic.

My only real gripe is I wish the airport fight was taken more seriously, but it was still fun as fuck.
>>
>>87611613
Yeah. Ant Man is pretty much only topped by Winter Soldier and Avengers, barely. Black Widow brings them down so much though, ugh.
>>
>>87611613
>>87611687
I will never understand /co/'s obsession with this movie. It fails at basic filmmaking in a lot of aspects, particularly show don't tell.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but its laughable that anyone thinks its on par with WS or Iron Man 1.
>>
>>87611710
More self aware than WS and Paul Rudd > RDJ on the charming wanker scale
>>
>>87611687
>Black Widow brings them down so much though
She was actually one of my favorite parts from Winter Soldier, especially her interactions with Cap. Don't care for her in any other movie.
>>
>>87611744
Why would you want a self aware movie to begin with?
>>
>>87611888
Capeshit is inherently retarded

Marvel/DC movies taking themselves seriously is just cringey
>>
>>87611912
Do you even read comics?

TWS tone was perfectly in line with the tone of the Brubaker comics.
>>
>>87611750

she was good there, but I really think that needed to be Sharon instead, especially since they decided to have her kiss Cap in the third one

>>87611687

Hope brings down Ant-Man way lower than Black Widow can bring down anything.
>>
>>87611912
the way the DCEU takes itself seriously is cringey

the way WS and the Nolan Batman movies take the material/internal logic of the world seriously is great
>>
>>87611965
No. DCEU is the epitome of good movies. Nolan Batman is a joke and WS wasn't serious at all.
>>
>>87611948
Choosing Black Widow instead of Sharon was a great move because Evans and Scarjo have amazing chemistry together. Evans and VanCamp do not, their scenes would've been boring as fuck to watch.

I still think it's a mistake they didn't go for a gradual buildup to a romance between Cap and Widow. They work really well as friends too, but seeing how Hulk/Widow and Cap/Sharon are both shitty romances with no chemistry, I think it's a bad move to waste the natural chemistry between Evans and Scarjo.
>>
>>87611965
>the way the DCEU takes itself seriously is cringey
>>87611981
>No. DCEU is the epitome of good movies

Present eamples
>>
File: come on.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>87611981
>DCfags have become so contrarian, the Nolan movies are bad now
>>
>>87606209
Great and very enjoyable movie. Spiderman and Ironman stole the show. but it was forgetable and not interested to rewatch it.
>>
>>87606209
It was pretty ok, certainly in the upper half of the MCU. Or at least it would be if not for the last scene which kinda ruins everything. The ending of final fight between stark and cap+bucky was really good, so I have no idea why they chose to ruin it with tony smiling over cap's letter like he was over their conflict
>>
>>87611334
I never said I expected him to have a fistfight

Dude should have abilities
>>
>>87612043
>Present eamples

MoS and BvS.
>>
>>87612032
>Evans and Scarjo have amazing chemistry together

really? If you say so.
>>
>>87612221
TDK was okay but the others are trash.
>>
>>87610818
Thank you based Russos!
>>
It was pretty boring to be honest. I lost interest about a quarter of the way through.
>>
Thoroughly average. Wasn't a bad movie, I can sit through it and enjoy it, but there's nothing that makes it stands out as great.

I think all the actors did their jobs pretty well besides Scarjo and occasionally Holland. RDJ was very good, it's actually possible to walk out of the movie theater without thinking Stark is hitler incarnate, the same can't be said for the comic. It had the potential to be a pretty great movie but there are just a bunch of things that pull it down.

>complete lack of chemistry between Cap and 13
>boring mid section where nothing seems to be happening
>Scarjo has a pretty large role, she doesn't exactly nail all of her scenes and her betrayal could be seen from a mile away
>registration plot dropped hard in favor of muh bucky
>spider-man hamfisted into the movie
>(ant-man too, but it's not too bad and giant-man makes up for it)
>nobody dies, war machine gets paralyzed and that's it (he'll probably be able to use the suit in the next film anyway)
>Cap and Iron Man supposedly make up at the very end, entire film ends up feeling like filler
>>
>>87613934
The problem is that the Accords will obviously be forgotten about in Infinity War, and they were already forgotten about in the third act of Civil War.

I like the Russo Brothers but UI Infinity War is outside their visual range and does not fit their "grounded" approach.
>>
Can we at least commend it for making an overrated Marvel storyline enjoyable?
>>
>>87613934
I don't know, Cap says "we" then seems to correct himself and say "I", perhaps acknowledging his team mates might be salty.

We don't know if Team Cap has fallen apart; Ant-Man & the Wasp rumours imply Team Cap has split-up.

Clint and Wanda may be less than eager to help Tony and the latter may not even regard herself as human anymore.
>>
Seeing Spider Man fighting Falcon kind of has me looking forward to Homecoming when he kicks Vulture's ass
>>
Civil War sucked, barely even keeps you attention. I watched Iron Man 3 recently and that one has held up pretty good though. Actually funny, with a real story not just setting up the next movie.
>>
>>87606209
Garbage except for the airport fight.
>>
>>87610451
Goddamnit that mental image just killed me. I should get some sleep.
>>
File: 1470895379007.png (524KB, 600x683px) Image search: [Google]
1470895379007.png
524KB, 600x683px
>>87606209

>Now that the dust has settled, let's shitpost some more!
>>
>>87606209

It was a good movie that is actually disappointing when you really think about it. The ending was retarded.

Tony tries to kill Bucky and Cap and they manage to stay friends and Tony is once again not held accountable. Literally the one guy who should be forced to take responsibility for the shit he caused.

It took comics Tony years and an undo button on his brain to get him back to being tolerable as a character. Move Tony just gives the government a middle finger and suddenly he's our guy again.

Whatever, it's a dumb movie and ultimately enjoyable.
>>
>>87608090
It's Dark World
>>
>>87608724

Swap Avengers 2 and Iron Man 3 and you got my vote. Also, I'd put Iron Man 1 up to Great tier as well.
>>
>>87614722
Ha! But critics say otherwise, anon!
>>
>>87615504
Only appears that way if you just look at the RT rating. In truth a lot of the fresh reviews still said it was boring.
>>
>>87615534
>calls the movie boring
>fresh
How can they get away with this?
>>
>>87616044
It's mostly a measure of whether or not the critic recommends seeing it.
>>
>>87616369
Yeah, that's the problem. Who recommends people to see a boring movie?
>>
>>87611313
this. Going in I expected something else, and was distracted every time he opened his mouth. But seeing it a second time, he felt like one of the better MCU villains. he's emotional, fallible, that's the point - he's fully ALIVE. Not just a robot.

I especially like his fascination with religion. He keeps bringing up biblical justice from above, puts his big thingie inside a church, etc. Obviously he doesn't "believe" in any of that, but his repeated references make it clear he appreciates the symbology and power it represents.
>>
>>87610757
Agree mostly, but Spidey can canonically lift around that much iirc, and Cap only beat Spidey because Cap let his arms go limp, throwing off Spideys balance. Which is really cool because it shows that Pete is still inexperienced, despite having so much strength already.

I have a feeling we'll see Pete accidentally break shit at school or at home in his movie, he's probably still getting used to everything.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.