[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets stop fighting over console war shit for once and discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 399.jpg (127KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
399.jpg
127KB, 500x316px
Lets stop fighting over console war shit for once and discuss pricing for single issues.

I think it's pretty obvious that most people would prefer to pay less for a 22 page comics. DC currently has a bunch of books at 2.99, but even with higher sales thanks to rebirth they aren't going to be making a lot of money.

Marvel on the other hand seems to be higher; going as much as 4.99 for a thirty page book. Even with lower then expected sales of Marvel Nower, they are still raking in a respectable amount of money to mitigate sales short comings (and some people will buy it anyway because die hard Marvel shills)

What do you think /co/? Do you prefer lower prices at the risk of the company not making enough money or would you prefer paying a bit more if it meant more pages and better content
>>
Shit 4.50 Canada. I remember when it was a $1.25
>>
File: no money for you, shill.png (239KB, 307x351px) Image search: [Google]
no money for you, shill.png
239KB, 307x351px
>>87585189
>Lets stop fighting over console war shit for once
>Marvel makes more money than DC
>>
>>87585322
jesus fucking christ take the DCcock out of your ass for once and just try to stay on topic, dickwad
>>
>>87585369
>no caps or punctuation
Hi again, IlliterateAnon.
>>
I used to buy a stack of floppies every week when I was 12-14.

I stopped because of the price of floppies being total shit for value.

I would walk to the comic store, buy 4-6 floppies, come home, and be done reading them in half an hour.

I mean, $3-4 for a single issue, when we've already got 12-14 ads per book to supplement the cost, is absolutely outrageous.

I'm paying $3-4 to be advertised to for maybe 8 minutes of entertainment.

I can rent 3-4 movies for that price. I can get a steam game. It's absurd how poorly they stack up to other forms of entertainment in price/hours of enjoyment.
>>
>>87585452
You know, DCcuck, you could have just let it slide. Just stayed on topic instead of getting pissy that someone dared to say something remotely positive about a company you have some autistic hatred of.

But no. You're either paid to do this or are delusional enough to think that any positive words for Marvel make the person a shill.

People like you are the reason this board has gone to trash
>>
>>87585189
>rated A
>censored naughty language
Thanks Marvel. You protected my delicate sensibilities by making the man decapitating someone unable to say fuck.
>>
>>87585189
>DC currently has a bunch of books at 2.99, but even with higher sales thanks to rebirth they aren't going to be making a lot of money.
I dunno about that. Their sales are relatively astronomical right now; they're going to need more sales for the same profit, yeah, but by all counts they seem to be doing well at it.
2.99 pricing coupled with managing to get a genuinely great quality of stories across the board has done wonders for them.
>>
>>87585646
>he learned to write enough to show his butthurt
Oh well.
>>
I miss the days when Marvel and DC would have crossovers. Maybe if we force the head of DC and the head of Marvel to have sex with each other then we would get Marvel/DC crossovers again.
>>
I think 3.99 is fine for a good book but anything above that without more pages is just scammy.
>>
File: Dan Didio_564.jpg (91KB, 564x783px) Image search: [Google]
Dan Didio_564.jpg
91KB, 564x783px
>>87585992
Brevoort doesn't deserve Didio dick.
>>
>>87586076
It doesn't matter. We must force them to have sex for the greater good.
>>
>>87585189
>would you prefer paying a bit more if it meant more pages and better content
Yuropoor here.
We almost only get hardbacks between 10 and 14€. It's ok, the worst aspect is that sometimes you have to wait years between two albums.

If I want a cheap fix, I get magazines with ongoings.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.