[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Mr Garrison going to become president in South Park now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 529
Thread images: 34

File: garrison.jpg (789KB, 3800x2138px) Image search: [Google]
garrison.jpg
789KB, 3800x2138px
So is Mr Garrison going to become president in South Park now, or what? This is confusing.
>>
File: spider jerusalem.jpg (237KB, 1600x1108px) Image search: [Google]
spider jerusalem.jpg
237KB, 1600x1108px
i wonder what matt and trey are thinking right now, assuming they're still awake
>>
>>87574050
South Park is a establishment show. FUCK THEM
>>
>>87574085

I'm not sure I understand this. Americans voted for the evil one that actually harbors beliefs.
>>
>>87574085
They're probably writing the episode now
>>
>>87574085
Is anyone asleep right now?
>>
Why don't you ever learn? /pol/ is right everytime.
>>
>>87574050
I bet they did an episode based on Hillary winning, like they did with Obama.

What are they going to do now? Get plastered and dub over it?
>>
>>87574085
"God dammit we have enough material for another 4 seasons DEAR GOD PLEASE LET CC KILL US!"
>>
>>87574199
Use it as a DVD special for $$
>>
>>87574199

They probably did something for both outcomes.

>>87574215

This. Political comedy might actua
>>
>>87574050
It's official, reality is more of a joke than south park.
>>
>>87574085
They're thinking.
>Satire is dead.
>>
>>87574085
They'll probably poorly dub over the episode to give Garrison the win or make fun of it in a latter episode
>>
Isn't Mr Garrison a tranny? Why would they use a tranny as there right wing candidate?
>>
>>87574355
Bruce Jenner supports Trump.
>>
>>87574050

The events of a cartoon do not have to reflect the events of the real world
>>
As a Brit, I can't believe he won.
I could see Brexit happening but not this
>>
>>87574368
youve obviously never seen exo squad, nor fought in the neo sapian wars.
>>
>>87574408
there's always more angry stupid people than calm smart people.
>>
>>87574368
They're known for being very topical, and with the story driven continuity their doing it seems likely Garrison will be president.
>>
>>87574120
And they lost.
>>
>>87574120
>Americans voted for the evil one
Indeed, fortunately not enough Americans for the evil one to win.
>>
>>87574085
Pic pretty much summed up my feelings about this entire year politically. Fuck... I'm just so tired and I am only turning 20.
>>
File: 1394906505519.png (251KB, 346x427px) Image search: [Google]
1394906505519.png
251KB, 346x427px
>Matt and Trey cucked themselves so hard
I believe they're already tired as fuck about whole Garrison joke and prayed for election to be over already so they wouldn't have to talk about Trump again
WELL GUESS WHAT
>>
>>87574408
>Wisconsin, a well known blue state gave Trump victory
As a Wisconsinite, I didn't see this coming either.
>>
>>87574557
they had TWO jobs:
>point out what the media is doing in manipulating the nomination, fucking over both parties and everyone on any side of anything
>and urge everyone to vote third party. take that old "anyone but him" attitude that one or both parties have been using every election and change it so it's "anyone but them"
and they chose instead to JOIN the media in playing off of everyone's fears to make cheap, lazy products that everyone will lap up. i'm majorly disappointed. this was our one shot at a third party victory and they didn't even try.
>>
>>87574050
There goes the rigged election
>>
>>87574434

The neo sapien wars are over exaggerated right wing bullshit
>>
>>87574050
At least we know one good thing will come out of this.
>>
>>87574408
except brexit was basically like the war on terror
the right thing to do, YEARS too late for it to cause much other than pain and chaos.
>>
>>87574050
I hope so. Besides, who will they have be President in the show if not Garrison?
>>
File: 1468873882337.jpg (20KB, 292x326px) Image search: [Google]
1468873882337.jpg
20KB, 292x326px
>>87574749
>third party
>>
>>87574749
The point is that the majority of people watch the show. Not some minority of special snowflakes feel moved by a lost cause. It's like BvS. They catered to the edgy teen crowd and ended up with a shitty film that couldn't break 1b. Meanwhile marvel drops a good time for all and makes bank
>>
>>87574462

There were a lot of angry stupid people on both sides of this. Just look at all the people having fits right now because of this.
>>
>>87574771
Catlyin Jenner.

Buckle up buckleroos
>>
>>87574789
It doesn't take a genius to see the guy making holes in the bottom of your boat is going to sink you.
>>
>>87574550
>friend is a die hard trump supporter
>every other day he calls me up to talk about how shit democrats are for being sjw's
>I just want to talk about other shit because we haven't seen each other in a year but he always redirects to trump
>4 more years of "hah, fucking snob-ass dems. Build the wall!"
>>
>>87574085
That picture got me good, I mean I joke that I think people are stupid but fuck
>>
>>87574199
Considering we just had a dark week, they may have actually used that time to do both outcomes. If not, either they do some last minute "oh wait garrison won" ending or they delay another week.
>>
>>87574363
And they cheered a rep for coming out during the convention.

Don't see where the idea that they will be hunted down and put into camps comes from.
>>
>>87574789
Twitter full of people that think they'll have a purge or something.

Dunno why.
>>
>>87575215
It's because the media and the candidates hyped this election up, and loads of people lapped it up. I doubt that much of the rhetoric spouted on the campaign trail would ever materialize, much like every other election in recent years .
>>
>>87574085
Time to reread transmetropolitan.
Anyone got more recommendations of good political comics?
>>
>>87574085
Probably how they had it right last year
https://youtu.be/Jru0r8PZJjU
>>
>>87574050

Jenner will be.
>>
>>87574749
>third party

I don't know why you guys even vote.
>>
>>87574050

In all seriousness. I think South Park studios can afford to make massive changes at the last minute, they have finished episodes minutes before they aired.
>>
>>87575854
imagine if third party voting was actually a thing
imagine if instead of choosing between a turd and a douche you could actually pick someone worthy
imagine if the USA was a democracy
>>
>>87574368
>I have never watched south park
The post.

Either way please don't input your own information about a topic you don't understand, you just look fucking stupid.
>>
>>87575931

Even with a Third party we wouldn't be a democracy. That's just too damn much hassle. We were and always will be a republic.
>>
Oh also fun fact. There was a teaser clip as per usual, for each episode, and in the newest one PC principal says that bill Clinton would be the president. It appears that the video was taken down, so that means that possibly the episode where bill becomes president was the hillary only video and they were confident as FUCK that hillary was going to win.
>>
>>87575931
imagine 34% of the people deciding the ruler. most people not living in a +1,000,000 city can see the foreign control one group of people (very removed from their way of life) can have on them, the same is true state by state, it doesnt matter if 10 million midwestern farmers and 5 million California republicans vote one way, if 8 million Californians vote the other, those 13 million votes go to their way of life. ultimately i believe that the centralization of power is the biggest divider in this country

theres benefits and drawbacks to how the american system evolved but dont think just a third guy will solve everything because it clearly doesnt, there is nothing currently in the system that prevents a third party voter from keeping some form of moderation from these increasingly polrized times, save for the firm establishment of the two opposing parties and the nature of us to effectively choose the least worst person for office
>>
>>87574824
i feel for you man, those types are annoying
>>
>>87574368
Considering the 2016 election was a big part of this seasons plot, it kinda has to reflect the real world. Otherwise it'd just come off as awkward.
>>
Looks like they removed the preview and episode title. I'm guessing the show staff are freaking the fuck out right about now.
>>
>>87576881
It's a comedy show. Awkward isn't that far fetched. Thought provoking is
>>
>>87574129
With that show, they can do really quick turnarounds when it's needed. I bet they are writing it now animating it and have it ready by Wednesday.
>>
>>87574085
More and more, I tell myself they'll learn.
>>87574120
They have four years to learn.
>>
>>87576916
Awkward satirical comedy is still akward.
>>
>>87574462

> my side is smart and my foes are stupid

Cool, I feel the same thing. Too bad I won.
>>
>>87575931
Except that all the third party candidates were worse

Trump won because he was the best, period.
>>
>>87574462
>be democrat
>supposed to protect working people
>tell them for 20 years you're trying to get those jobs back, then under Obama completely drop the facade and tell workers their jobs are going to disappear because doing something about it would require standing up to Wall Street
>get anally assfrustrated when those workers abandon your party en mass
>>
>people didn't want to vote for the candidate that was under the investigation of the FBI because she got caught doing illegal shit.

color me shocked :)
>>
>>87574050
Hopefully not in the long run, the joke got old fast and I doubt they want to feature the POTUS more than they did previously or get rid of Garrison as a reoccuring character.
>>
>>87577022
She got cleared a day before the election.

Trump is also battling against a lot of lawsuits against him, which he was also delayed by deleting e-mails.

The pretense that he's any different from Hillary in this regard was just a propaganda tactic that worked.
>>
>>87577016
What is the bail out and the franking boon for 20$

Is misremembering history a thing now?
>>
File: tumblr_nkr8qtg0XA1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg (585KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkr8qtg0XA1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg
585KB, 1280x720px
>>87574749
What the fuck do you think South Park is, civics 101?
Their job is to make comedy, not to push whatever political ideas you happen to agree with.

Also pic related.
>>
>>87575854
>>87575931
"Third party is a wasted vote" is a self-fulfilling prophecy and is pretty heavily pushed by, well the 2 main parties.
Your political system is fucked way beyond the bipartisan thing though so who cares.
>>
>>87577022
The popular vote had trump winning by just over 750k people. 48% of people didn't give a shit about a 3 year long investigation that never bore fruit
>>
>>87577022
>People prefer potential rapist and known sexual predator to someone who acts shady but is non prosecutable because media keeps equalizing the acts in terms of coverage
>>
>>87574355
He got another sexchange, he's a guy again
>>
>>87577050
We've got Republican journalists blaming Obama for invading Afghanistan, you tell me.
>>
File: co.jpg (72KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
co.jpg
72KB, 900x675px
>>87577083
>potential rapist
Isn't everyone technically a potential rapist?
>>
>>87577022
I'll take a generic shady politician (who hasn't done anything worse than most of our former presidents) over an unqualified asshole who hosts a reality show
>>
>>87577075
> that never bore fruit
It revealed that she had been keeping top secret documents on a private server for the whole world to see. If anyone else had done something like that, they would have been shot.

Still holding hoping that shillary gets what's coming to her once Trump becomes pres.
>>
>>87577073
It's a wasted vote because first past the post means only the person who wins the most votes matters. It doesn't matter if you got 5% or 45%, if the other guy got more than you he wins. A three way race just means that the person whose support isn't split wins.
>>
>>87574239
>They probably did something for both outcomes.
this
question is did they also make a 3rd party candidate episode on the minuscule chance it actually happened
>>
>>87577048
>>87577075
>>87577083
>>87577126
Too bad the American people chose trump, but hey someones gotta lose right?
>>
>>87577146
if enough people vote for the 3rd party then the 3rd party would win
it wont happen for many elections to come but if each time more and more people show a willingness to vote 3rd party people will start to consider it not a waste.
>>
>>87577181
Yeah.

Us.
>>
>>87574120
>populist businessman
>harboring beliefs

The sad fact of the matter is that both candidates fit the second description to a T. At least Trump's half right about the system being rigged. It doesn't matter who's in the White House, it's just business as usual, with emphasis on the business.
>>
>>87577083
Trump being potentially sexist does not pose a threat to women outside of the white house
>>
>>87574732
Really? Weird. I always assumed Wisconsin was a red state.
>>
>>87577125
Ok alleged rapist
>>
>>87577235

Yes, you. :^)
>>
>>87577243
Ever since their anti labor governor won twice you'd be right
>>
>>87577083
leaving aside the lack of any evidence against trump yes what hillary was accused of was far worse treason by a person running for the highest office is an extremely serious crime

and are you really complaining that media is giving fair coverage of both sides of something
>>
>>87577251
Yes, you, and me.

You put us in the same pair of handcuffs and then jumped off a cliff. Thanks for that. :,)
>>
>>87577083
>meanwhile Hillary literally has to feed Bill girls/women from the loliexpress to keep his dark passenger sustained

Kekorino
>>
>>87577048
>Trump is also battling against a lot of lawsuits against him, which he was also delayed by deleting e-mails.
are any of those lawsuits related to treason
>>
To quote a wise man named Obama,

"You lost, get over it."
>>
>>87577289

>Trump admits to walking into beauty pangeant dressing rooms
>Hosted a whole bunch of teen pangeants

If we're gonna complain about pedophiles in the white house, at least be consistent.
>>
>>87577022
this
there is a vast minority of people auctualy in support of one of them for most its just the less shit option because there to fucking pussy to vote 3rd party
>>
>>87577306
>teen
>pedophiles
something does not add up here
>>
>>87577321

Ahhh /tv/ is still here huh?
>>
>>87577306
Hebephilia is the desire for hot, fertile underage girls. It's a perfectly natural and evolved response to ripe teen pussy. The AoC for girls was "when they bleed" for most of human history after all.

Pedophiles are absolute trash who destroy lives.
>>
>>87577352

Cool your jets pedobear
>>
>>87577378
stop being intolerant, it will be added to LGBTQIA soon enough.
>>
>>87577279

Sorry, anon, you are mistaken: I'm a white christian hetero male. I'm preparing to join my right wing death squad. :^)
>>
>>87577199
Except that in the intervening time period, people will see that voting third party results in the person they hate more wining, at which point they will move back to voting for a main party candidate.

This isn't a thing where you can gradually work up to it. If only some people vote third party, it will result in a spoiler effect which will discourage future third party voting. You need to somehow go from insignificant third party voting to a wining majority in the space of a single election. Which simply isn't possible unless one of the main parties outright implodes.
>>
>>87577337
no i just know the difference between pedophilia and ephebophilia
>>
>>87577378
At least learn the lingo dude.

Pedophiles go after prepubescent girls. Like "Dora the explora" age girls. There is nothing respectable about them.

Hebephiles enjoy the mature female form, but can't cope with the mature woman's mind that would surely reject them. They are stuck in the high school mindset where it is okay for 15 year olds to bang 15 year olds, but abuse use the authority of their age to exploit women.
>>
>>87577412
>They are stuck in the high school mindset where it is okay for 15 year olds to bang 15 year olds, but abuse use the authority of their age to exploit women.
Which makes them better the pedos how...?
>>
>>87577410
>>87577412

Didn't need a crash course on pedo 101 on this "historic day" lads
>>
>>87577423
because they are not fucking children
because they are not fucking people that are literally to young to reporduce
>>
>>87577423
Because if they're rich and powerful then it's okay. Duh. AoC laws exist because parents are stuck with their kids and don't want to deal with TEEN pregnancy until they can kick them out.
>>
>>87577451
> Because if they're rich and powerful then it's okay
Rich and powerful people can get away with raping a 3-year-old.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/justice/delaware-du-pont-rape-case/

The Du Pont heir raped his own 3-year-old daughter and got away with it because the judge said prison would be too harsh for him.
>>
>>87574050
No, they already made the Hillary episode already. Instead SP now goes with notion that Hillary won and for next season's political commentary, everything stupid Trump does, Hillary does the complete opposite of to also terrible results. South Park now stays on this completely flipped bent and increases in noticably odd disprecancies from our reality. Not odd in the sense that it's satire or ridiculous-- more so in the sense that they keep commenting on how odd it is. The arc turns out to be a commentary of society's current meta culture from memes to art (film, music, etc.) to themselves predicting certain events that happened. At the end they reset this bitter self-inflicted cancer upon reality after discovering the only thing they have to do to stop it is to-- well, stop it. Then the universe resets with the @realDonaldTrump as President again for next season.
>>
>>87577578
i am pretty sure they made 2 episodes but i like your thing
>>
>>87577481
he probably should have gone to prison but he did not fucking get away with it.
>>
>>87575180
Gay Hooiser here. I never thought Trump was going to perform some sort of Holocaust-esque genocide once a generation as he actually seems pretty okay with gay people. I'm just worried our governer might.
>>
>>87574120
>actually harbors beliefs
What, Trump?
Trump only believes in himself.
We're going to have a president who spends more time googling himself then actually reading about what is fucking happening in the world.

The real person running the country is going to be Mike Pence.
>>
>>87577629
>who spends more time googling himself then actually reading about what is fucking happening in the world.
So he's basically no different from America at large?
>>
>>87577646
exactly, do you really want someone who acts like a typical American to be in charge of fucking anything?

I know I fucking don't.
>>
>>87577634
>The real person running the country is going to be Mike Pence.
Fucking chills. Is he gonna get me banned from the whole country now instead of just a couple of fleamarkets?
>>87577646
You replied to the wrong person but I honestly don't want the typical American running America for that exact reason: people all over are stupid, selfish idiots.
>>
>>87577297
Have any treason charges even been brought up in court filings after this 2 and a half year long investigation?
>>
>>87577352
> still uses the word UNDERage since a rose by any other name is still pedophilia
>>
I never thought matt and try would become such media siding cucks
They also became cucks in real life, both marrying black women, and trey is raising a black son that isnt his
>>
>>87577771
And yet they're still more successful,rich, and world renowned than you. How is that?
>>
Now that Trump actually won, I honestly feel like Matt and Trey walked themselves into a corner by making the "garrison = trump" joke a big part of the season.
>>
>>87577865
Circumstance?
>>
File: 1446269148308.jpg (62KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1446269148308.jpg
62KB, 550x550px
I'M READY FOR LIBERAL BULLSHIT TO BE COUNTER CULTURE AGAIN AND THEN SLOWLY RETURN TO THE MAINSTREAM.

TO ME, ART STUDENTS WHO DESCRIBE THEIR WORKS AS 'UNDERGROUND'! TO ME, MY PHILOSOPHY MAJORS TURNED STREET PERFORMERS!
>>
>>87577865
Hi Matt
>>
>>87577909
You're assuming it will be allowed to return to the mainstream. Republicans now have complete control of the entire federal government and control the vast majority of the state governments. It would be fairly easy now to cement their victory for future elections by modifying voting laws to ensure that only their own supporters vote. They've already been doing that in the states they control, only the federal courts had been stopping them. Now, however, that won't be an issue. It's unlikely that the left will be able to make a comeback for at least another two or three decades.
>>
>>87577948
>You're assuming it will be allowed to return to the mainstream.
That's what people said about Nazism and look at us now, Breitbart helped elect a new president.

This always goes in cycles. The past four years was just a recurrance of the 90s.
>>
>>87577948
>he actually believes this will happen
At best, we might actually get voter ID laws, which every civilized country should have had in the first place. Sides have taken control of the entire government without them implementing such laws.
>>
>>87577892
American figurehead and complete Joke are not mutually exclusive roles, anon.
>>
>>87577900
I would have admitted that if Book of Mormon wasn't such a big hit. They seem to be able to make their own success more than once
>>
>>87578024
Voter id laws only work if you have easy access to IDs, which we don't.
>>
>>87577966
> That's what people said about Nazism and look at us now
That's because there was a war and the Nazis lost. This time around, there's pretty much no one that actually has any power to create another side. The anglosphere has embraced Trump and Brexit. Russia is pretty cozy with Trump and generally aligns culturally with the Republican party. There isn't really a path back for the left.
>>
>>87577948
Honestly, who knows whats going to happen now. Yeah its all republican but trump is a moron and a large portion of Republicans hate him. I think you'll see a lame duck in office.
>>
>>87577892
They really fucked up with Garrison/Trump. I guess their hatred of Trump blinded them to the fact that he could actually win. Should have spent more time making fun of his insane ideas and him memeing himself into the White House instead of the "I'm trying to lose" angle
>>
>>87578076
>That's because there was a war and the Nazis lost.
That doesn't address the point.

>The anglosphere has embraced Trump and Brexit.
"Embrace" is a strong word considering how narrow the split was.
>>
>>87578064
> He can't get a driver's license, which literally every American can get with ease.
Go back to Mexico filthy illegal.
>>
>>87578024
Yeah but the only issue that gives the left fuel is a lot of the cases of it have been a fine Laser on demographics that don't vote for them and voter fraud is still in the hundreds if even. The idea of illegals voting is far fetched as its never been widely reported or vendors uncovered
>>
>>87578024
Voter ID was always about controlling who was able to vote. For example, North Carolina's state legislature looked at data regarding what forms of ID were most common among each racial group, then went down the list and only permitted those forms of ID that white people used and not other races. The courts stepped in to try to stop it, but now that the Republicans will be able to appoint Supreme Court justices again, they'll reclaim their court majority and return to crafting race based voting laws.
>>
>>87578081
He doesn't have to do anything but sign the flood of right wing bills going through both senate and house. It's open season and he gets a Justice nominee.

The only power he has is pretty much veto
>>
>>87578085
but winning is the best punchline to the 'i'm trying to lose angle'. it's basically the plot to the producers.
>>
>>87578117
Yeah thats a huge issue. Fuck him being president wasn't the issue. The senate and house majority was.
>>
>>87578090
> That doesn't address the point.
No, the argument is that this time around things are different, so the comparison to the Nazis is inappropriate. The Nazis fell because there was someone powerful enough to defeat them in a war. That isn't the case now with the US.
>>
>>87578043
...that has nothing to do with my point at all.
>>
>>87578110
Literally every citizen is required to have some form of ID to function in modern society. It isn't discrimination to demand your citizens be functional citizens.
>>
>>87578144
it is when you dont make it easy to have id
>>
>>87578135
Yeah... they only lack the 2/3 majority but even that means they only pass bills that need normal majority and 2/3 usually applies to overrides such as vetos
>>
>>87578081
What will happen is the stuff they agree on.
Things like giant tax cuts, more military spending, deregulation of industry, privatization, repeal of Obamacare, a surge in the drug war, and other things like that. Add in some supreme court justices and you'll get a court that will approve restrictions on voting that the states pass, and likely a ban on abortion that the republicans have wanted since forever.
>>
Garrison is gonna run off but then what? He won the election. He can't just go back to being a school teacher.

>>87577441

Teens are a type of child. They're still children.

>>87577892

They make fun of everyone though.
>>
>>87578144
Then make it easy to get the ID required.
Don't just say "hey, these are the forms of ID that white people have, lets require that in order to vote so that white people can vote and other people can't." Which is what North Carolina tried to do.
>>
>>87578155
Yes? Illegals SHOULD have a hard time forging IDs. That's the objective right thing to do and it still isn't discrimination.
>>
>>87578157
I don't think the justices will allow the ban on abortion republican or not. There are too many issues with it.
>>
>>87578166
> Then make it easy to get the ID required.
Go to the DMV
Bring your native birth certificate
Bring your Social Security number.
You now have an ID.

Welcome to America. Stop false flagging a problem that doesn't exist.
>>
>>87578144
Yet voting doesn't take "some form" of ID
>>
>>87578171
Sure they would, if they're chosen based on willingness to approve an abortion ban. Roberts, Alito, and Thomas would all side with an abortion ban, Trump will get to appoint the ninth justice, and then if either Kennedy sides with the conservatives or Ginsberg dies (likely, she's old as the hills) then that's a 5 justice majority right there.
>>
>>87578171
> There are too many issues with it.
If there are five justices willing to sign on to the opinion, it doesn't matter how many issues there are with it. Most of the states are republican controlled and itching to ban abortion. The Congress and presidency will be republican controlled in January. All they have to do is pass a bill saying that abortion counts as murder, and get five justices to affirm it when it is inevitably challenged.
>>
>>87578166

You need to be fucking retarded if you cannot get an ID.
>>
>>87578200
so at least some good might come out of this shitshow

i doubt it though theres always gonna be legal baby murder for the foreseeable future
>>
>>87578178
> Stop false flagging a problem that doesn't exist.
And what problem is voter ID supposed to solve?
>>
>>87574050
Whatever happens, tonight's episode is going to be pretty fucking great.
>>
>>87578241
I don't think they'll work that fast but we'll see.
>>
>>87578245
It's not just an ID. States don't just allow any ID when it comes to voting. Only specific types of ID, selected by the legislature, allow you to vote.
>>
>>87578273
There are already several states with laws banning abortion, they're just not currently enforceable because Roe v. Wade is still on the books. It would just be a question of how quickly one of those cases could work its way up through the court, and how quickly the Republican senate will confirm Trump's SCOTUS nominee.
>>
>>87578245
> You need to be a fucking illegal immigrant if you cannot get an ID.
Fixed.
>>
>>87578255
People without ID voting. What, is that some kind of trick question?
>>
>>87578291
We'll honestly have to see. personally i hope they deal with the universally enforced healthcare first thats an actual issue.
>>
>>87578319
and why is that a problem
>>
>>87578338
> Why is illegal voting a problem
Because it gets man like Trump elected? Stop being a child, this is an 18+ site.
>>
>>87578090
Doesn't matter if the split was one vote or one million, a win is a win. Trump will have the white house, and the Republicans will fall in line behind him since he now embodies the one and only value that they actually care about: winning. That means that the entire US government will be under Republican, and by extension Trump's, control. America embraced Trump, and they won't be able to change that any time soon.
>>
>>87578335
Obamacare will be repealed pretty much immediately. Beyond that, nothing will happen on healthcare. The Republicans liked the old system, so it's unlikely they're going to do anything beyond simply return to the pre-Obamacare days. "Universal healthcare" is not a Republican goal.
>>
>>87578410
I agree. The system set in place though just fucked with people. I would have liked for obamas idealized verson of healthcare but we didn't get that.
>>
>>87578319
I think the problem many people have isn't so much needing IDs to vote, but making it easier to obtain one. Not just the IDs themselves, but the necessary documents as well.

And it doesn't seem to a lot of people that voter impersonation is this widespread epidemic. Especially seeing as a lot of people wouldn't even be registered to vote in the first place.
>>
>>87577675
It was a choice between a typical American and someone who wants to bring in thousands of people who follow a religion that says gay people should be stoned to death
>>
>>87578497
So instead we voted for the ticket that beleieves you can just shock the gay away.
>>
>>87578524

Clinton actually got a tiny bit more votes than Trump (about 100k more, which is basically nothing). But since it's America, the total popular vote doesn't matter.
>>
>>87574085
one's talking the other out of shooting himself
>>
>>87578497
Mike "Christian sharia law" Pence is VP now so don't even try to pretend.
>>
>>87578524
>>87578581

There are crazy Christians in America already and voting Hillary wouldn't have changed that.

Adding another hundred thousand muslims would not improve the situation.
>>
>>87574199
>I bet they did an episode based on Hillary winning, like they did with Obama.
>like they did with Obama.
They didn't. they had set up a story that could work both way and only required last minute work depending of the result.

The episode was about Obama and Mc Cain both pretending to be candidate to access the Secret White House tunnel for an heist, remember? it would have worked no matter who would have won.

same with the other plot where the point was that both sides acted crazy obnoxiously.
>>
>>87578540
>the total popular vote doesn't matter

That's exactly what I told me friends when I said I'm voting for Jill Stein. My state was going blue no matter what, but they said they wanted the popular vote to be a landslide for Clinton.

I'd thought Democrats of all people would have learned that lesson 16 years ago.
>>
>>87577016
didn't the amount of ob increase under Obama?
>>
>>87577303
He actually said that?
>>
>>87578540
Republicans generally don't win the popular vote. They've only won the popular vote for president twice in the last thirty years.
>>
>>87577771
People have to stop thinking that people disagreeing with them have no thought or opinion of their own.
>>
>>87574050
I hope so. As someone living outside of the USI wanted him to win just to see Garrison as president
>>
>>87574408
As a Brit, you should have learnt from the "closet Tories" thing dude.
>>
>>87577016
neoliberalism doesn't work in the era of automation

Soon AI systems are going to take over call centers and data entry, two of the largest low-skill jobs available in the US now that manufacturing is automated and outsourced. There will not be enough jobs for everyone with zero change in production.

UBI needs to be talked about now so it can be enacted before those jobs disappear

There is absolutely no chance of a republican president, house, and senate allowing that debate for ideological reasons.

Race to the top while you can because if you think economic mobility is bad now you ain't seen shit.
>>
>>87578905
Getting ready for the era of 80% unemployment. It's going to be a rough ride.
>>
>>87578439
It got ruined by the influence of insurance companies. The basic idea (make everyone get coverage so premiums can go down and debt is controlled) was good but then the insurance companies abused it by raising rates anyway. lol price fixing
>>
>>87578931

My insurance was already cheap.

Now I just get fucked with fines by not buying Obamashit plans, because even paying the fine on top of my actual insurance is still less expensive.

Can't wait for that clusterfuck to get repealed.
>>
>>87578929
>Implying the current system of 80% welfare scammers is any different
>>
File: Transmetropolitan_Issue_#10.png (2MB, 1705x670px) Image search: [Google]
Transmetropolitan_Issue_#10.png
2MB, 1705x670px
>>87575627
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebus_the_Aardvark
>>
>>87578983
> current system of 80% welfare scammers
Source.
>>
>>87574408
As an American, I'm not surprised.

Last few terms have always alternated Dem -> Repub -> Dem. So what makes this election any different? I dislike Trump, but in the end, he was the better salesman than Clinton.

Because that's all politics are; selling yourself to the public so people will buy into your bullshit. Fuck, if Steve Jobs was still alive, he'd easily become president.
>>
>>87578955
I'm just sick of arguing for single-payer

The current system is fucking retarded. You have a profession that won't turn away those who can't afford treatment backed by laws that say you can't turn away those who can't afford treatment combined with a for-profit insurance-based system. Of fucking course prices are going to inflate out of control to cover the procedures on those who can't afford it and of fucking course medical debt is going to explode and severely impact purchasing ability which fucks over everyone a second time.

That people think this is preferable because of fucking wait times is utter insanity. Having to wait a week or two for a non-emergency procedure is vastly preferable to swaths of the country going deep into debt and losing all financial stability because of a single injury.

Everything is ridiculous. Everyone is stupid. I should do like that genius in House did and just constantly drink cold syrup so I'm just as dumb as everyone else
>>
>>87578983
>M-MUH WELFARE
>EARN YOUR WAY
Unless you're a fucking farmer you can blow that shit out your ass. TV producers aren't contributing to the survival of the species. Programmers aren't. Etc., etc.

Industrialization and Automation have the express purpose of drastically reducing the amount of work needed to maintain the population.

If all the important work can be done by 1% of the people, how can you tell the other 99% to fuck off just because they're not helping? They don't need to. They can't. Their contribution is unnecessary.

Unless you want a dystopia with a tiny oligarchy and a massive ultra-poor class that eventually kills everyone then UBI is pretty fucking necessary.
>>
>>87579039
> People who produce aren't producers
Fucking kill yourself. Entertainment is one of the FEW industries where better labor legitimately makes better money. But continue sitting on your couch cashing your government assistance checks and lie otherwise.
>>
>>87579039
But why the hell should my money be spent on people who contribute nothing?
>>
>>87579069
>>
File: 0.jpg (82KB, 736x276px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
82KB, 736x276px
>>87579039
>Unless you want a dystopia with a tiny oligarchy and a massive ultra-poor class that eventually kills everyone then UBI is pretty fucking necessary.
completly unrealted to your post, but actually /co/ related.

I always thought that Cartoon alt-universe from the Zebra girl comic made no fucking sense and couldn't hold on itself with such ass-backward priorities, but you just managed to explain to me how such dystopian work.

So thank you for providing an answer to what I thought was a plot-hole, I guess?
>>
File: _1459298825[2].jpg (225KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
_1459298825[2].jpg
225KB, 600x350px
>>87579079
because it's impossible and unnecessary for everyone to contribute?

because withholding basic needs over an ideology is monstrous?

You're implying you do contribute and that's how you get your money. Are you a farmer? Do you work in a power or water treatment plant? Is what you produce necessary for the continued existence of your community or is what you produce utterly pointless putting you in the same camp as non-producers?
>>
>>87579079
You are having this argument right now, but wait to the moment your job and skill can be replaceable by something cheaper and you'll see how your mind change.

Also, they don't have to contribute nothing, but a fair share of work is one of the most complex economic to obtain.
>>
>>87577625
Anything other than a prison sentence is getting away with it. The rich can afford significantly higher quality representation in our legal system and this enables them to get lenient treatment or even avoid a conviction entirely.

The issue isn't judges. I mean, sometimes it is the judge being an awful person, but in this particular case we don't know if he was the one to say that. The issue is the money, and the fact that the presence of money means the prosecution often has to just go with what they can get.

The system is fucked and no one knows a good way to fix it.
>>
>>87577004
Trump won because his supporters were willing to ignore anything negative about him since he's an expert conman. Meanwhile, Hillary supporters got weak knees anytime someone brought up her emails or something like that.

I seriously believe that nobody knew a thing at all about the libertarian or geeen candidate. Both of them were the worst and their parties are both shit.
>>
>>87579069
He is right, though. In the end, entertainment media can only thrive if people who actually help produce energy/food get to make their money circulating enough.

Our whole economic are in the end tied to the circulation of food and energy. and everybody else is dependable of how well it circulate in society.
>>
>>87579137
>I seriously believe that nobody knew a thing at all about the libertarian or geeen candidate.
I was so sick of Clinton after the primary race that I started looking into Gary and Jill. About 10 minutes of reading showed me that they're complete retards without the benefit of intelligent advisors.
>>
File: americanpolitics.png (184KB, 1870x470px) Image search: [Google]
americanpolitics.png
184KB, 1870x470px
>>
>>87579137
>Trump won because his supporters were willing to ignore anything negative about him since he's an expert conman.

No, his supporters were willing to ignore when people called him "Drumpf", which was 90% of the negative things said about him.

Another nine percent was screaming "NAZI" over and over again, and about 1% of the time it was legitimate criticism.
>>
>>87579086
>Reaction image makes me right!
Your point is flat out wrong and has made probable disasters anywhere it is practiced. The simple fact is people are lazy, abusive asshats who will gladly take free money for doing nothing. Government welfare isn't WRONG, but getting free money without sweeping the streets, working a community center or lifting sandbags is literal cancer. There is a job for literally anyone even if it has to be artificially funded, and if you can't find a use for society in This flexible world you are legally literally dead.
>>
>>87578905
>>87579039
>UBI
What does it stand for?
>>
>>87579196
Universal basic income.
>>
>>87577022
fuc u delet dis
>>
>>87579108
> because withholding basic needs over an ideology is monstrous?
If you don't contribute, you don't deserve a dime. End of discussion.
>>
>>87579160
Stein's VP choice was a literal black supremacist.
>>
>>87579137
>Trump won
because of the lectoral college system.

Hillary "won" the popular vote and by that I mean, she got 47.6 while Trump got 47.5. Neither of them managed to pass 50%

t. democracy.
>>
>>87577410
the fact that both are still illegal?
>>
>>87579180
I don't understand how current year man managed to get that to catch on. it wasn't even funny.
I really wanna see how Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, John Oliver, etc. do tonight
>>
>>87579189
The point is we are getting to the point where only a select few are actually doing shit and the rest have to do that. Technology is starting to replace jobs that millions of people currently do.
>>
>>87579108
Nobody owes you anything.
>>
>>87579180
>which was 90% of the negative things said about him.
Uh, no. The 90% negative thing was how he is a mysoginic who abused women, as well as an actual poor business man who only got where he is thanks to his father's money.
>>
>>87579225
Election by popular vote is essentially mob rule which is retarded and precisely what the founders of the US did not want to happen in the US because they studied nations of the past that did things like this and how they failed.
>>
>>87579189
>There is a job for literally anyone even if it has to be artificially funded
So you're literally saying "the work you're going to do is pointless and no one cares if it gets done or not, but if you don't or can't do it you don't get to eat."

You don't think that's a bit evil? At the very least spiteful for no good reason? What's the point of forcing people to do jobs that mean nothing?

Even if people were going to sit in their houses doing nothing en masse (they aren't, it's quite well documented that human beings crave stimulation and that typically means work or media creation) that still won't effect the production of necessities, so why do you care?
>>
>>87579236
Then just get rid of those millions of people. If they can't contribute anything, then there is no point in paying them. If they can't earn their keep, then they should be allowed to fall by the wayside so they don't hinder those of us who are intelligent enough, creative enough, and motivated enough to contribute.
>>
>>87579265
No, that was part of the 9% of calling him "NAZI" over and over again. The other parts being "sexist", "racist", and "homophobic", despite none of his policies having the slightest thing to do with sex, race, or sexual orientation.
>>
File: 0.png (306KB, 853x437px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
306KB, 853x437px
>>87579270
>Election by popular vote is essentially mob rule
No it isn't.
> and precisely what the founders of the US did not want to happen in the US
Guess what, it failed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC42HgLA4k
Go to 1:50 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

The thing never worked. in the end, it's not giving power to the small states but to the swing states.
>>
>>87579324
>No, that was part of the 9% of calling him "NAZI" over and over again.
That was not calling him Nazi, read again.
>>
>>87579236
> Only a few
There are tons of jobs out there that no one I paying for. America funded them to escape the great depression. China funds the dumbest jobs to be the fastest growing nation in the world.
> B-but I have nothing to contribute!
Even cancer kids in hospitals help out medical science by being test subjects.

If you can't even offer a helping hand, then contribute your demise.
>>
>>87579265
> as well as an actual poor business man who only got where he is thanks to his father's money.

Except no one actually came up with anything real to criticize him for when it comes to his business skills. People kept throwing around bullshit numbers about his supposed "bankruptcies" without even a basic understanding of what that meant.
>>
File: 1476942611288.gif (412KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1476942611288.gif
412KB, 500x280px
>>87579322
>he thinks he's going to be in the oligarchy so fuck everyone else
Ahh yes, every poor schmuck in America sees themselves as a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. How silly of me.
>>
>>87579322
I really hope you don't work in a sector thats going to have that happen then. If you do at least have the decency to follow your own words and use a gun to do it.
>>
>>87579270
>Election by popular vote is essentially mob rule
Not in a plural system.
>>
>>87579359
How are the basic parts of this argument still flying over your head.

You're using a different definition of contribution. The anons you're trying to argue with are talking about necessities. Food. Clean water. Power. Transportation infrastructure. The things that allow a community to exist.

You still haven't told us what you do, anon.
>>
>>87579366
>Except no one actually came up with anything real to criticize him for when it comes to his business skills
Yes they did. They listed all of his business failures.
>his supposed "bankruptcies"
They weren't supposed.
>>
>>87579334
> bitching about the electoral college
Misses the point, as usual. We aren't a democracy. We're a federal republic. The electoral college preserves the idea that it isn't the PEOPLE electing the president because the people aren't important. The states are, so it's the states that elect the president.
>>
File: verynice.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
verynice.gif
2MB, 350x255px
>>87579359
So in your future instead of people being free to invent and create and learn they're forced to dig a ditch for 8 hours a day then the next day they'll spend 8 hours filling that ditch back up.

What a fucking utopia.
>>
>>87579432
There is no right to any of those things because there are no "positive" rights, only negative rights. If you could do something so long as no one prevented you, that is potentially a right. There is no right to food any more than there is a right to a smart phone. If you can't pay for your food because you don't do anything worth the price of that food, then you should starve.
>>
>>87579503
Yes, I understand your idiotic scarcity-focused ideology.

In a post-scarcity model it is utterly monstrous.
>>
>>87579477
Better that then an entire society of parasites mooching off of the few productive people left in the world.
>>
>>87579436
>he electoral college preserves the idea that it isn't the PEOPLE electing the president because the people aren't important
Well, that's the fucking problem. The USA are a fucking country.

I am not missing the point, I am outright saying that the whole premise is wrong and only worked in a time where communication to learn about the candidates was more difficult.
Especially as most American would like an end to this system.

It's clearly outdated.

Pragmatically, if it comes down to state representation, the lectoral college only favor a small amount of state over most of them.

Again check at >>87579334
The electoral college resul IN MOS TSTATES ACTUALLY BEING IGNORED.

Even if you defend the position of "it should represent the states instead of the people", it's a clear failure at even accomplishing that.
>>
>>87578144
So what you can do is notice that, say, these poor urban voters don't really like your party's platform all that much. You notice that, compared to the affluent suburban demographic that backs you, they tend to not have driver's licenses. It makes sense, personally-owned cars cost money, you have to have a safe place to park them, and you don't really need a car if you can walk or take a bus to work.

Now require ID to vote. The only convenient form of ID you'll accept are driver's licenses, anything else state-issued doesn't count. You'll offer a special voting ID card that people can apply for several months before an election, but you know that by adding these extra steps you'll manage to discourage all but the most die-hard of voters. Now your opponent needs to inspire Obama or Bernie levels of passion to get people to get out and get those special ID's while your own supporters only need to give a half a fuck and don't need to do anything special on election day, they don't even need to know what to do at the polls because they'll have their driver's license in their wallets.

Or, claiming budget constraints, you could say that you're going to prioritize putting polling stations near more densely populated areas for efficiency's sake. Rural voters, who have very different politics from urban voters, are suddenly needing to take a lot more time off to vote. It sounds reasonable at first, but it's a very political move to make it more convenient for your own guys to vote and less convenient for your opponent's. Your goal is to influence votes in aggregate so even subtle things like that can end up disenfranchising people through a combination of inconveniences.

Of course this is coming from someone living in a state where an employer has no obligation whatsoever to allow their employees time off to vote.
>>
>>87579334
>it's not giving power to the small states but to the swing states
Every point counts when you count up the EVs. The federal government that effects the entire nation is one reason all the states need a fair stake in the election process. Distributing influence more heavily in favor of population would give the other states no chance to affect change. Sure the swing states get a lot of attention because of their inconsistency, as far as more power - that is questionable.

>>87579377
>Oh lets addend the mob rule thing and add on a competitive last man standing arena style election!
Nah man.
>>
>>87579477
>they're forced to dig a ditch for 8 hours a day then the next day they'll spend 8 hours filling that ditch back up.
Not the anon you are talking to, but that's quite the jump to conclusion, there. who say enforcing working hour was the way to go.

How about actual useful work being more shared while keeping the same income. it mean more free hour for people who might even try to launch their own thing.
>>
File: readabook.jpg (75KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
readabook.jpg
75KB, 566x480px
>>87579533
>implying that's not already what we are
>implying your job matters
>implying you're not a parasite just because you earn money
>>
>>87579585
The entire point of this conversation is that there is not enough useful work to be done
>>
>>87574129
The episode is finished by now. They have a window of something like 4am to get the show in for broadcast. If I remember, an article stated they went with Hillary winning storyline.
>>
>>87579569
>Distributing influence more heavily in favor of population would give the other states no chance to affect change.
But the point is, as the things currently are, Smaall states are already failing at affecting the change. They already don't matter. The Electoral college is failing at what it is supposed to be. Direct election would actually result in mosrre attention given to small states as the way things currently are.
>>Oh lets addend the mob rule thing and add on a competitive last man standing arena style election!
That is not how a plural system work.
>>
>>87579623
Hence why sharing the work where it is possible is a solution.
>>
>>87579477
There is PLENTY of work that needs to get done, anon. Burgerland has 60+year old infrastructure, roads that need to get fixed, pollution that needs to get cleaned up, tires that need to be removed from forests, orphans that need strong moral support, and so on and so forth.

THE WORK IS THERE. THE MONEY ISN'T. Take your """free""" welfare money (paid for by working people) and make some GOOD jobs to make the world a better place.
>>
>>87579655
Thats why I'm saying we should move back towards a more powerful state centered government and fair interstate cooperation, not this centralization that washington keeps pushing for.

Guess ill need to read up more on pluralism. But I have to go, nice quick chat.
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (45KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
45KB, 600x375px
>>87579729
Absolutely not, just on a basic logistical level.
>>
>>87579623
China manages to employ a billion people, keep the cleanest cities in the world (ironic, but ground level is spotless), and have a growing middle class because they have zero tolerance for barbarians.

What's your excuse?
>>
>>87579756
Not all kind of job can do that, but for some it can be done.

Every factory that need a 24Hour shift for his worker can easily adapt to such a system.
>>
>>87579743
First, you're again modifying definitions so you can have an argument. That's now how that works.

Second, nothing about a UBI precludes any of those efforts.

You're stupid and we're done.
>>
File: davidspumpkins.jpg (147KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
davidspumpkins.jpg
147KB, 940x545px
>>87579791
>factory
>in the US
>the entire discussion is based on automation
I really hope you're just having a hard time with english and not that goddamned stupid
>>
>>87579785
its got nothing to do with the government owning all the factories and banks
>>
>>87579670
The coveted 10 hour work week?

How far can we split that work up? Computer programming, the kind of job that will be useful even in an automated economy, actually does worse the more people you put on a project because of communication issues. 100 manhours split across 100 people won't accomplish half of what 50 manhours split across 10 people will do. After a certain point, we're doing worse than just digging holes and filling them back up, we're actually getting in the way of people who are way better at that job and should be doing it.

And hell, education. Over 30% of Americans have at least a bachelor's degree. Everyone goes to college and is hyper-educated for really shit jobs. Jobs that would have no requirements fifty years ago suddenly require an expensive 4 year degree just to get your foot in the door. What the fuck are we going to do if the only jobs left all require pricey post-secondary education to even be considered? I'm all for universal education, but our current model is not sustainable, we can't have people spending 4 years going into debt to only to likely still not get a job because someone else went to a more prestigious university or had some insider connection. God help you if you don't get amazing grades relative to everyone else.
>>
>>87579796
> I assume it's already taken care of therefore it's irrelevant
and that's why the system is fucked up. It's not taken care of. At no point does welfare encourage employment. In fact self improvement is directly DETRIMENTAL to one's well being on government assistance.

Here's the facts:
> Welfare recipients can get a home, health care, and food.
> Minimum wage workers can not afford a home, health care and food.
> Saving money to get out of poverty will lose you welfare.
It's fucked up 101.
>>
File: 1386363471501.gif (865KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1386363471501.gif
865KB, 480x270px
>>87579864
>better not change definitions again
>instead I'll just strawman and point out problems in the current system that have nothing to do with UBI
cool post, bro.
>>
>>87579882
UBI is a retard's sick fantasy.

Show me an unbeatable proof that paying people to not work produces work. Protip: You can't.

UBI. Doesn't. Work.

Universal base EMPLOYMENT does.
>>
>>87579785
China's laid off millions of workers and are fixing to do more thanks to automation and unions.
>>
>>87579855
tbf, psychology,sociology and gender studies are just wastes of time soon accounting will be as well.
>>
SJW made Trump win!!!

Really, people were much angrier againts them than mexicans or muslims or Hillary bullshit.

If you have this college clowns believing themselves to be morally right and intelectual, isulting people because they are white, or they are short males or males with small penises and their lifes do not matter because of their "manlet with micropenis privilege" of course you are gonna get all manlets with micropenises voting againts you.

SJW made Trump win, they made him popular...But SJW telling shit made Trump what he is.

Hillary being a clone of that backstabbing Bastard Obama didnt help ether tough...
>>
>>87579985
>psychology,sociology
Those tow are real cash source if you intend to work in politic or marketing.

You'd be surprised how often it's being used to get people to buy their products.
>>
>>87580073
>backstabbing Bastard Obama
How so? I mean. he started with a country that is really bad and there has been notable improvement. It's far from being great bu he leave the country better than when he arrived. Not all presidents can claim that.
>>
>>87580090
yeah but they are oversaturated fields. Having so many college students go for them is part of the issue.
>>
>>87579915
Manitoba.
>>
>>87580127
> he leave the country better than when he arrived.
Debt when he arrived: 10 Trillion
Debt now: 19 Trillion
What planet do you live on where that is "better"?
>>
I wouldn't want to be at South Park Studios right about now. Wonder what they'll do about tonight's episode.
>>
>>87580195
Unemployment rate diminished.
>>
>>87580260
That anon is dumb as hell and national debt doesn't matter when it's not tied to anything physical, but the unemployment rate is only down because long-term unemployed aren't counted in the rate.

I'd much rather have another 4 years of Obama than the white-knuckle ride that is going to be the Trump presidency, but Obama had a lot of very very not-left policies. The most egregious being the drastic expansion of the drone program. The Dems have gotten quite hawkish.
>>
File: green.jpg (105KB, 1200x1034px) Image search: [Google]
green.jpg
105KB, 1200x1034px
>>
>>87579176
Being an actual leftist in this country hurts so much. All anyone wants to talk about is Identity politics.
>>
>>87580354
>RRRREEEEEEE why did the majority of the population vote in their self interest
>>
>>87580354
>textbook fascism
NO

I am quite the anti-trump, but Republicans used to make the same spiel when the Democrat had the super Majority (that they never used to do anything with).

Here the republican don't have the super Majority. Means Obamacare is safe, from now, but that there will be no increase on the tax for non-user, meaning the system will remain broken.
>>
>>87579796
I'm a literate anon, let me debunk UBI.

I'm assuming your proposal is to get rid of other benefits and bureaucracy so we can implement a UBI that is not means-tested.

The problem with this is that if the system is cheaper than our current system you then people won't actually be getting anymore money than they are now. If we gave every 18 year old or older $1000 a month it would cost 2.5 trillion dollars, and an income of $12,000 a year will not sustain anybody. You might add that they should work on top of the UBI, but there's a problem with this too. The UBI effectively creates a price floor on labor where employers have to compete with the UBI to attract people to work for them. You would also have to deal with inflation and higher costs of production from taxes that will negate a lot of low-income families UBI check.

The biggest problem with UBI is that who decides how much people get a year? UBI could easily be used as a wedge issue to get easy support for if you want to raise how much people get. And because it is universal, any change in how much you give people will drive the costs up extraordinarily. The problem with UBI is that it is either too low to make a difference (and if its low people will campaign to make it higher like with every other government benefit) or so high that the cost is unsustainable. And if it's too high you also have to deal with unemployment increasing. The negative income tax which isn't even as broad as the UBI resulted in over a 10% employment drop when it was tested and it was only temporary. Imagine what would happen if everyone knew they'd receive 20,000 a year for free permanently. Part-time jobs would disappear.
>>
>>87580260
Unemployment rates are manipulated so much.
>>
File: panic.gif (190KB, 200x381px) Image search: [Google]
panic.gif
190KB, 200x381px
>>87580393
>implying either neoliberal candidate is in the unskilled worker's best interest
You fell for the meme.
>>
>>87580354
>0 arguments to be found
>>
>>87580393
As much as i hate bitches like this it will be an issue. unless republicans and trump manage to actually fight a lot of shitty bills that fuck over middle class america and only widens the gap between rich and poor are going to pass. especially with the scotus nomination.
>>
Trey and Matt can be pretty fond of cop-outs.
They may pretend a third party candidate from the retard platform surged, reveal it to be Trump, and then have Garrison make some quip about not being as bad as that guy.
>>
>>87580437
>implying a price floor on labor is a problem and not something that is extremely desirable
funny shit, anon

>muh goldilocks theory
Complete speculation that hasn't been borne out in the experiments that have taken place

>people won't work!
This argument is not only debunked by basic psychology, it is also experimentally debunked.
>>
>>87580127
>I'm going to repeal the Patriot Act
>We gotta stop those Republican's and their Patriot Act
Obama wins his first term and I think, 'Oh well, at least we'll get rid of that fucking Patriot Act.'
He renews it.
Fucker was dead to me after that.
>>
>>87577241
>It doesn't matter who's in the White House, it's just business as usual
The 2007-8 crisis is the result of Bush economic policy. His Iraq invasion destabilized the Middle East which led to problems in Libya and the emergence of Daesh.

You're a fool.
>>
>>87574050
this is something I've been wondering about. Up until now, all the election episodes have had Matt and Trey looking at the polls and doing research into who would win the election, and making their episode based on that--it was obvious obama would beat mccain, and it was obvious obama would beat romney

however, not only did most polls remain close right up to the wire, but they also predicted a Hilary win because of places like michigan and florida.
>>
>>87580342
There are multiple forms of the unemployment rate besides the official one, and they all pretty much follow the same path.
>>
>>87580450
unskilled workers will get plenty of use under trump, the problem is that they believe they can be picky these days.
>>
>>87580557
>Unskilled workers will be abused by shady contractors under trump
FTFY
>>
>>87580431
Nah the Fascism has been going on ever since Neolibs took over the democratic party, making the differences between the Dems and the Repubs effectively nil on every major economic issue.

We've been an in the closet single party nation for a while now.
>>
>>87580533
>all the election episodes have had Matt and Trey looking at the polls and doing research into who would win the election, and making their episode based on that--it was obvious obama would beat mccain, and it was obvious obama would beat romney
see >>87578607
Each time they prepared episodes that could be changed at the last minute.
>>
>>87580520
>implying a price floor on labor is a problem and not something that is extremely desirable
We have a price floor on labor and it is called the minimum wage. The problem with the minimum wage is that it hurts unskilled workers, causes unemployment, and doesn't actually help the people it was intended to help. I could go into further detail if you want

>Complete speculation that hasn't been borne out in the experiments that have taken place
I don't know what you're referring to.

>This argument is not only debunked by basic psychology, it is also experimentally debunked.
It's been tested before. Employment along with hours worked decreased. You may think this is good but lower production lowers our standard of living. And the kicker is that it was temporary, so a lot of people wouldn't quit because they knew it wouldn't last.
>>
>>87574239
I know for Obama's first election it was supposed to be a setup for Obama and McCain to use the election to rob a jewel. Either one could have been president at that point.

On Obama's second election, Cartman had knowledge of the votes for who the "real" president is and that evidence gets destroyed.

Either way, they plan the episodes so that it can work no matter which president gets elected.
>>
>>87580669
Oh my bad, when I said "it's been tested before" I was referring to the NIT. This is still substantial as the NIT isn't as broad as the UBI.
>>
>>87580637
It's kinda crazy that neoliberalism is so completely unchallenged in America. Most voters don't even know what neoliberalism is, and if asked would probably assume it has to do with social policies and not economics.

I've brought up non neoliberal policies before and every time I get called a socialist, which for some reason is an extremely negative word in america that is identical in meaning to communist.
>>
>President Garrison

I need this
>>
>>87580669
Ignoring that unemployment is far far less of a problem in a state with UBI, I'm going to have to simply disagree with you on minimum wage; it's an absolute necessity. Don't forget the lessons of the depression. Grapes of Wrath, bitch.
>>
>>87580700
Because hitler was a socialist. And these retards don't understand that some things being handled through the free market is hurting us.
>>
>>87580586
> Unskilled immigrants will be abused by shady contractors under trump
FTFY
>>
>>87580669
>and doesn't actually help the people it was intended to help.
Trust me it does.

Minimum age isn't perfect but ot does more good than bad.
>>
>>87580184
> People work and pay taxes
That doesn't support UBI at all. It only proves that if everyone else works harder then UBI won't utterly collapse. It still doesn't fix the main problem that society needs work to function, and you can't get work by failing to demand it.
>>
>>87574782
The Independent candidate, McMullin, got 25 percent of the vote and came in second place in Nevada, I think it was. It's possible, or it would be if people weren't constantly told it was throwing your vote away
>>
>>87580816
>McMullin
Who?

No, really, I have no idea who the guy is. i am honestly asking.
>>
File: facepalm[1].jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm[1].jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>87580808
>Manitoba's successful UBI experiment proves nothing!
Cool story, bro.

>It still doesn't fix the main problem that society needs work to function
And we've looped right back to the start of the argument where we were talking about how automation means only an infinitesimally small portion of the work is actually necessary and the service industry is about to be taken over by AI, which is why the talk of UBI is necessary at all.
>>
Let me see if understand how the story was shapping:

>Hillary wins
>Poles threaten release all the emails in US.
>This ties in to hillary FBI emails scandal, and she cant let this happen
>She gets harrold to save her ass at the climax of the season.

But now she lost, her emails are mostly irrelevant.

I wonder, do matt and tray REALLY havent a alternative for trump winning? Did they REALLY had to finish last episode with the email remark that show they want to make hillary a important character in the season?
>>
>>87580816
it'd be possible if there was a support syatem for people Being allowed to debate and other stuff.
>>
>>87580751
When you talk about UBI are you saying we might need it in the future or now? If you meant the future then my bad, because I can't really debate against that as I can't predict anything in the future that might allow a UBI to work. I am extremely confident that now in the present that a UBI would not work though. Having a large surplus of workers not because there isn't work to do but because private companies can't afford them is a problem that results in the lowering of our living standards. This was a problem in the depression as workers couldn't find jobs because Hoover wanted employers to prevent the wages of workers to lower, increasing the costs of production above equilibrium.
>>
>>87580808
>you can't get work by failing to demand it.
For the millionth time: the idea that people won't work because of UBI is utter bullshit that has been debunked over and over in multiple fields of study.

People hate being complacent. People crave work and purpose. People also crave luxuries, which can't be paid for on a UBI.

Would markets change drastically as a result and likely skew more heavily towards the arts instead of service or manufacturing? Absolutely. Is that a problem? Absolutely not.
>>
>>87580859
> Paying people money to populate an incredibly sparse wilderness
What does that prove? Governments have been paying people to occupy frontier regions for ages. That isn't UBI and it proves nothing.
>>
>>87580884
>When you talk about UBI are you saying we might need it in the future or now?
I'm saying we will need it in the near future as automation and AI extend their reach to the service industry. I work in AI, our technology is advancing ridiculously quickly and even our current stuff which is very basic compared to what your going to see in 5 years can and do easily cut call centers and sales centers and IT departments and data entry jobs to a fraction of a percent of their previous number.

With every solution I create with my product I put scores of people out of work.
>>
>>87580876
Even if they didn't, which I'm sure they did, they had an entire week to make an alt episode and for all we know, they could have been working on the episode while the polls were still going last night
>>
> People crave work and purpose.
But welfare doesn't pay for people who crave work and purpose. Unemployment pays for that, and workers pay for unemployment. The biggest difference is unemployment RUNS OUT if you sit around too long so you better get back to work.

Welfare is below unemployment. It pays for """people""" who sit at a tv, pop out 3+ paycheck babies, and cry that their section 8 housing doesn't have enough bedrooms. And it lasts forever.
>>
>>87580968
We're talking about UBI, not the current welfare system

You people have the attention span of a fruit fly
>>
>>87580859
Who or what is Manitoba?
>>
Let's be honest; people voted Trump because he was a meme. Hilary was a meme too, but hey, cross off "famous reality tv star running a country" off the bucket list.
>>
>>87580985
> Talk about unlabored income system that is universal and long lasting
> It isn't UBI
Uh. What. Nigga get your glasses checked, because welfare is UBI in action.
>>
>>87580646
that's literally what they said in their commentary though.
>>
>>87574050
Jenner will become President.

Buckle up, buckaroos.
>>
>>87580947
You're retarded. The government would ban automation to that degree if it came to the point where people literally couldn't get jobs. Either that, or it would ramp taxes to the point where the rich basically still pay the common masses, but through the welfare system and tax money instead of directly.
>>
>>87580808
>. It still doesn't fix the main problem that society needs work to function
Well, that's the point, though we are entering an era where we need less and less work to keep our society afloat. More and more is getting automated.

Also, UBI doesn't stop people from wanting to work in the first place.
>>
File: 1410323730678.jpg (3KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
1410323730678.jpg
3KB, 242x251px
>>87581015
>the current US welfare system is UBI in action
You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>87577892
how so? We've gone from Garrison running away form the election crying to him crying in the oval office. It's no different, really. They just have to come up with some way to inspire Garrison back to his crazy antics for the next time Trump does something stupid.
>>
>>87581008
Yeah, first we crossed nigger off the list, now we can cross off Reality star. I voted for Arnold Schwarzenegger for Cali for the same reason, this is the same thing on a bigger scale.

Maybe by 2100 a woman will be born smart enough to eventually become a president.
>>
>>87580947
>With every solution I create with my product I put scores of people out of work.
Similarly to how cars put the horse and buggy industry out of work. New industries will rise and old ones will fall. If one day we reach a point where there is little scarcity then we may need a UBI. What I hope you get from this is that work is a means to an end, not an end in itself. Nice chat anon.
>>
>>87581032
> Prevents people from falling below a base standard of living
> Isn't UBI
There aren't reaction images smug enough for this.
>>
>>87581028
>the government would ban automation or increase taxes
What the fuck? What fantasy world are you living in where every single US politician isn't die-hard for neoliberalism?

The US government isn't going to do anything to counter automation nor is it going to raise taxes on the wealthy. To claim otherwise is extreme naivety.

Enjoy your oligarchy.
>>
File: 1477586187394.gif (222KB, 304x226px) Image search: [Google]
1477586187394.gif
222KB, 304x226px
>>87581015
>>
>>87581032
>>87581092

Just because it's a disastrous implementation of a universal "safety net" doesn't mean it isn't UBI.
>>
File: 1453245975986.png (232KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453245975986.png
232KB, 512x384px
S-so is there an episode tonight?

The preview on the site is down.
>>
>>87581008
Reagan did that already, but I'm not surprised a liberal Or even worse, someone who thinks they're above it all and too good to have an opinion doesn't know anything about history.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are more people that wanted to be able to cross first woman president off the list instead.
>>
>>87581064
>If one day we reach a point where there is little scarcity
Current scarcity is completely artificial. We overproduce necessities to a massive degree.

>>87581073
You clearly don't know what UBI is, nor are you living in reality if you think the current system keeps people from falling below a base standard of living.
>>
>>87577053
Calls the bitch a Sandwich and not a TURD way to show bias.
>>
>>87581032
This is "We can't say communism doesn't work because REAL communism hasn't been tried!" levels we're approaching.
>>
File: REDCARD.gif (1MB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
REDCARD.gif
1MB, 520x293px
>>87581096
You're right.

It not being a universal basic income means it isn't UBI.
>>
>>87581127
Doesn't change the fact that it is nothing like UBI
>>
>>87577441
>under 18
>not children

Found the 17 year old. If you're not, at least, 18, you're a fucking child, no matter what you feeeeeeeeeeeeeel. Deal with it, cunt.
>>
>>87581112
> nor are you living in reality if you think the current system keeps people from falling below a base standard of living.
On the contrary. welfare recipients receive a FAR BETTER standard of living than a minimum age worker.
>>
>>87581112
>Current scarcity is completely artificial.
I entirely disagree. Think of the ramifications of what you're saying. Even in Star Trek there still existed scarcity.
>>
>>87581213
Isn't that more an argument for raising the minimum wage than abolishing welfare?
>>
>>87581218
>I entirely disagree
You can disagree all you like, the fact is that our farms produce enough food to feed the entire country and our power plants produce enough energy to power the entire country. That we throw out food and deny energy to those without money is irrelevant to facts of production.
>>
As much as I love South Park, Trey Parker doesn't get certain things. He said he would vote JOHNSON. The guy who doesn't know where Aleppo is. Libertarians are eternal children, they can make good content but they hate responsiblity.
>>
>>87581249
They produce that much because of the for profit nature of capitalism. You won't have this abundance if our production falters due to UBI.
>>
>>87581249
Battery technology means we HAVE to throw that energy out because we can't efficiently store and transport it. Food is too expensive and logistically difficult to transport and store to all parts of the country. It's more complicated than supply being bigger than demand, especially with agriculture, which has been in need of a /serious/ overhaul since Truman.

The scarcity is absolutely real, it's just not in the actual production - it's in getting it where it needs to be, when it needs to be there.
>>
>>87574050
episode today?
>>
I'm pretty sure they were expecting Trump to win. Garrison is now probably going to have to rely on the Danish government to save his ass because now he can't escape being president.
>>
File: 1478391640739.jpg (78KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1478391640739.jpg
78KB, 640x628px
>>87580947
This depresses the fuck out of me
Almost as much as the singularity
>>
To say that welfare isn't UBI is atrocious. That's exactly what the system was """designed""" for. However UBI remains a far leaner and smarter system than the bloated mess that is welfare.

For starters UBI places the impetus on the NEET to manage their budget. If they stay home and save money for future expenses, that's fine. Welfare doesn't allow that. You MUST spend everything and will be punished for smart economic choices. Welfare gives extra money for making kids, wasting money and being sick. UBI is individual, encourages smart spending, and you can still get in trouble for bad decisions.

I won't argue against the fact that UBI is definitely BETTER and more efficient than welfare.
>>
>>87581218
>I entirely disagree
But it is true. We already produce more food than we can consume.
>>
>>87581305
Why not? It shows it is possible.
>>
>>87581307
>Battery technology means we HAVE to throw that energy out because we can't efficiently store and transport it
Power lines seem to transport power just fine, but houses that don't pay their electric bill don't have access to those lines. I don't know what the fuck you're even trying to say here.

>Food is too expensive to transport
While there is quite a bit of food that doesn't get transported, I was referring to the vast amounts of produce that gets thrown out by groceries. No, it doesn't get thrown out because it's gone bad, it gets thrown out because there's newer produce to put on the shelves and older produce would ruin the aesthetic.

If you want to argue that the transportation structure isn't there for GLOBAL post-scarcity you're absolutely right, but we're talking about the US.
>>
>>87581350
>To say that welfare isn't UBI is atrocious.
It's true, though.
>>
>>87581350
>To say that welfare isn't UBI is atrocious
No, it's correct. UBI is welfare but welfare isn't UBI

Here, maybe this will help:
All bumps are grumps. All grumps are trumps. Are all trumps bumps? No. That relationship only works going down the sets, not up.
>>
>>87581352
Scarcity does not just disappear because we meet our needs. It is always in play, especially when it comes to food. If we stop producing food we won't have an infinite supply.
>>
>>87581446
And you legitimately believe that if every household received a stipend to avoid starvation and homelessness we would just stop producing food?
>>
>>87580526
and the pumping shittilions of dollars into failing businesses only to have them turn around fire everyone and say they made record profits at the taxpayer expense sure made the dems look loyal and "good"

i'll take anything other than another corrupt bankroller for the media
>>
>>87581473
but anon you're complaining about neoliberalism

Both major parties are 100% behind neoliberalism
>>
>>87581381
>Power lines seem to transport power just fine, but houses that don't pay their electric bill don't have access to those lines. I don't know what the fuck you're even trying to say here.
Power plants can't just be turned on and off when the demand gets low. They have to literally throw the power out at night because it is much more expensive and dangerous to shut down reactors for x hours and start them up again. This is also why solar and wind are currently not too feasible for LARGE scale use. In fact, I live in a low usage area, so the power company is paying me to use more than average electricity past, I think it's 2AM until 6AM, but I have to double check.

Not to mention that power lines take quite a bit of infrastructure to support, install, and maintain. It's not set it and forget it. In more rural areas, there simply aren't enough people to maintain the miles and miles of power line. Think about how many fewer people there are to pay electricity bills per mile of line in rural Arkansas vs. the middle of New York City, for an extreme example.

And sorry, my state actually has subsidies that pay grocery stores to donate their unsold food to foodbanks, so I actually forgot about that. Again, I'm a very strong proponent for fixing the agriculture industry. You're forgetting everywhere in the US isn't a city. In most cities, the food absolutely is donated and reused, but it's cost prohibitive to transport the food to the store, have them deny it, and then transport it again where it's needed, and the people who are shopping in the store don't need to worry about the scarcity.
>>
>>87581460
The food industry gets paid stipends to produce food, anon.
>>
I just realised the kids don't have a teacher. I don't think we have seen them in class at all this season. Who will be President Garrison's substitute?
>>
>>87581446
>If we stop producing food we won't have an infinite supply.
Yes but UBI wouldn't cause the cease of production.
>>
>>87581521
That's a result of supply and demand not working with agriculture, not because farmers don't want to work. I would need to do more research and thinking before I can say this with any sort of conviction, but thanks to the cycle of debt most farmers are stuck in, I would think that UBI would actually make farming a MORE attractive job.
>>
>>87581500
>In most cities, the food absolutely is donated and reused
It isn't, mainly because there is no monetary incentive to do so. Not even a tax break.

Which is kind of my whole point. The supply is there, but is made artificially scarce by the current economic model.
>>
>>87581524
Hillary.
>>
>>87579855
>Computer programming, the kind of job that will be useful even in an automated economy
As a programmer myself i can tell you that anyone who thinks their job is safe from automation in the long run is wrong.
>>
>>87581521
Those subsidies were put in place when the soil need to be fixed and farming wasn't profitable. They only still exist because they've been hijacked by powerful lobbies who want to make sure corn remains ludicrously profitable.
>>
>>87581460
Starvation is very rare in the US because food is common and cheap. If we face no scarcity as you claim why do we even have money? Money is reference for goods that are abundant and those that are rare. Even the poorest families in the US can afford food and water. The idea that everyone is dying and starving because we currently don't have a UBI is extremely dishonest. I told you the results of what will happen >>87580437. The system is unsustainable due to cost and if it just a stipend to allow people to buy food it's actually less than what they are getting now through our welfare amalgam or foodstamps and is completely susceptible to price increases at the whims of politicians. Production as well as employment will decrease as a result of the UBI. If I made it sound as if we'll enter into the great depression famine if we implement a UBI I apologize, but our standard of living will be negatively affected.
>>
>>87580354
>fuck you white people you racists

literally 0 self awareness.
>>
>>87581589
I work in AI.

We're getting rid of IT departments right now. Code monkeys are next.
>>
>>87581584

Fuck I would actually love that.
>>
>>87581574
Sorry, again talking about my state, where there IS a monetary incentive to do so. And I guess we're just arguing semantics here at this point. I'm saying that's a real scarcity, not artificial since when I think that, I think it's more companies holding back product to drive up prices on purpose.

For example, if I can't afford a new TV, does that mean that there's an artificial scarcity on TVs because the company COULD just give it to me when they throw out the floor model if they wanted?
>>
>>87581620
>he wants the singularity
Good luck. Make a real AI and suddenly we won't need you anymore.
I'd be pretty happy for singularity in a 'let's see what happens' way.
>>
>>87581620
exactly, the funniest ones though are "artists" who think they are indespensible because "computer can't do art".
>>
>>87581560
>>87581574
The food industry is a bit screwed and some of it is for strategic reasons. You HAVE to overproduce food to have a stable food supply. There are no questions about it because nature has a chance to cause crops to fail. If you don't have extra food to survive a random blight, you're fucked.

You can't plan around having extra crops. You can't trust having extra crops. They can be there one year, and gone the next. That's why we burn extra crops. It's dumb but that's how it is.

Perhaps the govt. is TOO friendly at times, such as in the case of helping big agri push all the local farmers out of business.
>>
>>87581652
This. If you don't overproduce food you end up with the insecurity of breadlines and having the government pick and choose who gets food.
>>
>>87581600
>corn remains ludicrously profitable.
You couldn't be more wrong. They only exist currently because without them, there would be no profit in farming period so no one would farm. Subsidies are the only thing keeping farmers from going bankrupt and America from starving because, again, supply and demand does not work with agriculture.
>>
>>87581650
I never said I wanted the singularity, and the singularity has dick to do with AI. The singularity is more about human modification and the emulation of the brain.
>>
>>87581589
>>87581620
Right now, I am studying to become an engineer. How long do I have before my job get threatened too?
>>
Is it true that Hillary will win the popular vote by half a million? Wow. History does repeat itself.
>>
>>87581702
I almost wish FL was fucking things up for them again. I don't think anyone would have guessed PA would be the "troublemaker."
>>
>>87581683
> You couldn't be more wrong.
We literally put corn into our fuel because subsidies make it profitable despite corn being the dumbest fucking choice for fuel oil since the days of burning whales for candles.
>>
>>87581589
>>87581620
>>87581651
Relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>>87581702
hilary won the popular vote by like 200,000.
>>
>>87579001
But he was a garbage salesman. At least, I thought so. Who knows what America thought? God, fuck this place. Fuck gerrymandering, fuck first past the post, fuck the electoral college>>87581620
, fuck the news spin cycle, fuck the people who can lie and lie, and fuck the people who refuse to even try to fact check.
>>
>>87581683
>supply and demand does not work with agriculture.
What are you talking about? People have been buying and selling fruits and vegetables for literally millennia. Unless you want to argue that all farmers have received government assistance throughout the span of human history you should retract that statement.
>>
>>87581687
Depends on the kind of engineer and how quickly the next few years advance. AI complexity is going to reach a point of exponential growth and explosion sometime in the next 8-10 years. Maybe far sooner.
>>
>>87581732
Because you need a food surplus in the event of a bad year and because food rots if you don't use it. And we produce too much because subsidies mean you have to produce as much as possible regardless of the actual price of corn.

Do you seriously think people are becoming millionaires by being corn farmers? The farming industry has been hanging on by a thread since the New Deal and most farmers are only still doing it because they're in too much debt to leave.
>>
>>87581761
I am interested in electronic.
>>
>>87581759
> all farmers have received government assistance throughout the span of human history you should retract that statement.
In the old days when lords had lousy crops they went to war to use up their surplus food consumers. I don't think we need a repeat of those days.
>>
>>87581600
>corn remains ludicrously profitable.

Corn as a commodity is currently valued at $153 dollars per metric ton. The estimated net profit to the grower of 2.5 kilograms of weed from a commercial grow op is over $100,000.
>>
>>87581652
>>87581675
You are missing a bit of a point, no one is saying we should stop over producing, what is being said is that we are already past the point of scarcity when it comes to food. And with only a small portion of the population actually working to produce it.

UBi would not lead to food scarcity.
>>
>>87581759
And how many people died of starvation because of that? How many of them were essentially 'forced' to be farmers because of fiefdom and similar governments?

Literally one hundred percent of the supply is produced and sold in the span of weeks, driving the price rock bottom at the only point you can actually sell it. It takes months to produce another supply in the event of a shortage. You can't upscale production to meet demand except at a very predictable time, allowing companies to just lower the price during the selling season to get a great deal. Supply and demand doesn't work with Agriculture or Medicine, but Americans think that it's the only way to run things for some reason.
>>
>>87581809
Not the corn guy but weed is artificially higher because it is illegal
>>
>>87581784
>Do you seriously think people are becoming millionaires by being corn farmers?
No, people are becoming millionaires keeping corn farmers in a debt cycle by controlling the seed supply.
>>
>>87581620
Why? Who benefits from all of these jobs getting automated?
>>
>>87581868

The higher ups that don't have to pay for workers?
>>
>>87581868
>Who benefits from these jobs getting automated
The owners of production. Non-human workers are far cheaper, and lowered operating costs means higher profits.

That's why people ITT keep mentioning an oligarchical dystopia where 99% of people are dirt poor because everything is automated and only the owners of production can make money
>>
>Supply and demand doesn't work with Agriculture or Medicine
And How!

How much is the average person willing to pay to not die? If you said "Take my home, take my land, just let me live" then you fully understand the medical market!
>>
>>87581823
>UBi would not lead to food scarcity.
And not having a UBI would not lead to widespread starvation.
>>
>>87581904
>>87581907
Can we stop it?
>>
>>87581922
Starving people are resourceful and often work (or lie/cheat/steal) for money. In that respect keeping people fed can lower hunger related crime.
>>
>>87581684
Not at all. The tech singularity is about AI becoming capable of self design and subsequently improvement. Which would then lead to more improvement at an exponential rate to the result of the world quickly leaving the limits of human comprehension.
Bio-modification is just that same senario but done with us instead of computers. I would rather it honestly, but it seems that computers are easier to work with than genetic engineering and wiring neurological circuits.
>>
>>87581938

No. We either give in and realise middle class will disappear, leaving only the wealthy exploiting the rest with the help of automation.
Or we become communist.
>>
>>87581938
No, and we shouldn't either. Automation can and should lead to better standards of living for everyone.

What needs to be stopped is the current economic model because it no longer functions in such an automated environment and would lead to inequality of absurd proportions
>>
>>87581992
> Communism
> Ever working
HAhahahaha. Sorry boy.
>>
>>87581971
The price system has worked most effectively in the food industry. We produce so much that overeating is becoming an epidemic. How are people dying of starvation because of this? This system best allocates resources to where they are needed most. One hour at a minimum wage job would get you enough money for food for days. What other system do you propose that makes sure every citizen gets three meals a day? Even a UBI wouldn't necessarily stop people from wasting money on luxuries. No system is perfect.
>>
>>87581922
UBI isn't meant to combat starvation explicitly, it's meant to combat extreme poverty.
>>
>>87582044
Why do you think UBI is about starvation?
>>
>>87582065
Because >>87581460 in a conversation about UBI.
>>
>>87582037
>Automation can and should lead to better standards of living for everyone.
How?
>>
>>87582044
>one hour working a minimum wage job that will no longer exist due to AI automation is enough for food for days!
Paying attention to the topic of a conversation is hard, I know.
>>
>>87574783
Most Marvel movies didn't even break 800m lmao "bank"
>>
>>87582043

I'm not saying it will work, I'm saying that without blue and white collar jobs, the middle class will disappear and there's nothing we can do about it, except like limit automation and have every country enforce it. Which will never happen.
>>
>>87582111
Automation massively improves productivity. An increase in production and decrease in necessary labor should translate to an increase in standard of living; the issue is whether that increase goes only to those who own the means of production or if it goes to everyone.
>>
>>87582134
The problem with STEM majors is that they think they know everything outside of their fields.

Let's say McDonalds fires most of their employees and implements AI to run almost everything and other fast food business follow suit. What do you think will happen then? If no one had money to pay for McDonalds' food as a result of no jobs how will they make money? If the guy across the street lowers their prices to attract more customers what will McDonalds have to do in response? They will lower their prices to make the most amount of money without wasting the most amount of resources.
>>
>>87582134
They would still need to hire people to supervise the machines and work alongside them. Of course that's on top of the shitloads of maintenance, and they'll have people there that will work when the machines are down or malfunction. Small stores will still use people for sure, it's just not logical to use machines for small dollar stores and such.Especially retail, even with self checkouts they pay people to make sure everything is done correctly and make sure less people are stealing without getting noticed.
>>
>>87582254
> If the guy across the street

Who's the guy across the street from Mickey D's? Burger King? Wendys? ....White Castle?
>>
>>87582362
>>
>>87581744
No, he's a great salesman. He made the mainstream media work for him. The news were full of him 24/7. The search for "common enemies" was a gamble, but it payed off.

This won't be good, but it will be interesting.
>>
>>87582254
>>87582259
Jesus, we're talking in a fucking circle

Automation of the kind we're talking about isn't like assembly line automation. Another industry isn't going to pop up to take in the displaced workers. Once you automate both manufacturing and service there's nowhere else to go.

There will not be enough jobs to support the populace. Full stop.
>>
>>87582538
As long as there is scarcity there is work. And just because you can do something doesn't mean you will. If it costs me 20 dollars to maintain an AI and only 15 for 3 unskilled workers I would choose the latter. If we were at the stage where AI is so advanced that it can make unskilled labor both unprofitable and obsolete entirely we would surely be seeing this manifest in reality as businesses flock to make more money. Because we haven't seen this yet, I can only assume we aren't there yet and urge you to wait before proposing policy changes for problems we don't even know will come. Last post by the way. I'm surprised to see /co/ knowledgeable about something like this, you wouldn't be able to have any conversation like this on /pol/, cheers.
>>
New promo for real this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpxUeIyenXI
>>
File: whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>/pol/ discusses politics
KEK KEK FAGGOT SJW NIGGER KEK FALSE FLAG JEW WWIII

>/co/ discusses politics
In the wake of increasing automation I argue that this economic policy would be most beneficial because of.....
>>
>>87582160
>the issue is whether that increase goes only to those who own the means of production or if it goes to everyone.
Which considering hows this world has worked in the past, it will most certainly be the former. Should I kill myself and my family now to avoid this pain?
>>
File: dominatordere.png (327KB, 696x646px) Image search: [Google]
dominatordere.png
327KB, 696x646px
>>87582652
>If it costs me 20 dollars to maintain an AI and only 15 for 3 unskilled workers
I don't think you understand automation very well.
>>
>>87582652
In case you missed it, I work in AI and we are in the process of selling businesses replacements for their call/sales centers and IT staff. Simple service jobs like food service and simple coding is next on the list.
>>
>>87582680
>Private
fuck
>>
>>87582538
I want a personalized space ship. Automation is nowhere close enough to make that possible.
>>
>>87574050
I guess they'll make Trump himself president. The guy Garrison killed was a Canadian look-alike, but they never outright said "Donald Trump". That's their excuse.
>>
>>87582784
how does that even work i fucking hate microsofts voice system when i need help.
>>
>>87582947
siri and cortana are general purpose statistical bots which is why they suck at individual tasks

When you can focus a bot on a single or at least restricted skill base you get far superior results.
>>
So, a while back I was watching the commentary on the 2008 election south park episode and it was interesting. Basically, they had the episode already made and shipped off before the election results were in, with Obama winning the election in the episode. They said that they were sort of anxious about if Obama lost, and how they would put out a message with the episode to sort of rescind it in a way. They were pretty confident with their bet though. So I'm wondering with tonight's episode if they are gonna have to do that. Because I mean, many analysts and polls thought that Hillary was gonna win for sure, and a lot of republican elites had their doubts too. Like, Garrison's planned arc for the season could be totally fucked now
>>
>>87583049
I meant their help line i speak fucking clearly as hell and it still doesn't get me. I don't fucking slur my words either.
>>
>>87583115
>with tonight's episode
There's an ep tomorrow? How many hours burger?
>>
>>87583216
Oh, that's just because voice-to-text and voice reco right now is still stuck in the 90's. Most AI work I've seen for call centers is text channel or DTMF.
>>
>>87583295
10PM EST, so roughly 8 hours and 35 minutes from now.
>>
>>87583371
Thanks
>>
>>87574355
Garrison was always a right wing, remember when he teach the evolution to his class?
>>
>>87582652
>As long as there is scarcity there is work.
1. There is no more scarcity
2. You don't need scarcity for people to work.
>>
>>87581308
nope

they pulled a clip off of youtube that hinted Hillary won. they have to re-write the whole thing.

also, Whatever Gerald went to see Hillary for, it's completely MOOT now.
>>
>>87583489
evolution and creationism isn't a left or right wing issue, it's an idiot vs educated issue
>>
>>87574085
fuck off, the Beast won, and Smiler lost. Lesser evil
>>
>>87581907
automation requires shitloads of technicians to be maintained. The exactly the kind of jobs the middle class excels at.
>>
>>87584197
but trump is the smiler. hilary was evil but she had actual believes. trump doesn't.
>>
>>87584255
>automation requires shitloads of technicians to be maintained
No, it requires a few technicians, far fewer workers than would be employed with no automation.

You're also talking about the automation of physical labor, we're talking about the automation of the service industry through AI SaaS. That requires far less oversight and maintenance.
>>
>>87584489
Trump is pretty much a prostitute. He promised and did anything to get into office.
>>
File: 1478717860275.jpg (247KB, 835x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1478717860275.jpg
247KB, 835x1204px
>>
>>87577053
>What the fuck do you think South Park is, civics 101?
yes
>>
>>87578905
>Race to the top while you can because if you think economic mobility is bad now you ain't seen shit.
THIS
People everywhere are willfully ignorant of the advances being made in technology right now. If you aren't on the STEM gravy train in the next decade, you and your family might get locked in the lower class for the foreseeable future (bar you winning the lottery or becoming a sports star, actor, etc.)

Either our minimum wage is gonna finally get cut, inflation continue to rise to a point where minimum wage wont keep up and keep the masses employed, or both. Do whatever you can so you don't find yourself locked on the bottom begging for NEETbux.
>>
>>87581028
The government will NEVER ban automation. It makes zero sense to ban something that makes the cost of production of a good or service as cheap as it can possibly be just so that we can say that we have people employed. It actually makes more sense to switch to UBI at that point.
>>
>>87584547
did everything go to shit when the ice farming industry died to refrigeration?
>>
>>87582652
>If it costs me 20 dollars to maintain an AI and only 15 for 3 unskilled workers I would choose the latter
Except it wouldnt cost you 20 dollars to maintain an AI. The point of AI is that it is intelligent. You wouldnt pay someone to maintain it. It would fix itself when it can and then send you notifications of when something goes entirely wrong or a part needs to be replaced. The long term benefits of a machine with AI in it would absolutely out value the production of any worker imaginable, even a slave.
>>
>>87577022
Someone makes up a story how that evil Trump "raped" them many, many, many years ago. Miraculously announces it few days before the election day. No proof. Too afraid to even show her lying face to the world.
Yeah sure, Trump is totally rapist and Killary never killed anybody. REEE
>>
>>87577865
He is not a hypocrite, unlike Matt and Trey who claimed themselves not have a bias towards any political party
>>
>>87585144
the ice farming industry wasn't 30% of the working population. This kind of automation will completely have long term effects to millions of people.
>>
>>87579001
I was assuming he'd win the popular vote but Hillary would win the electoral
Hillary winning the popular vote was the last thing I expected.
>>
>>87574085
>Assuming they're still alive
>>
I'm really curious to see tonight's episode. No word on it being cancelled (yet) so I'm wondering what they did with the plot.
>>
>>87576946
Ironic, this is the same thing we say about libtards.

Except we actually have a history of winning, so you'd think they would give up already with this bleeding heart shit.
>>
>>87577083
>comparing a "potential rapist" to someone who is literally involved in political scandals so fucked up they resulted in death that could have been avoided, pedophilia, satanism, press manipulation, truth editing and MUH RAPE

God you people are so fucking stupid. Move to Canada already you useless sacks of emotional shit.
>>
>>87582691
>/v/ discusses politics
This thread has been pruned or deleted

Fucking mods
>>
>>87585754
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/nwvpus/america-is-going-to-be-great-again

and the new episode title is oh jeez
>>
>>87578024
i was able to vote by just taking a picture of my signature and going through vote.org via absentee ballot.

the system is broken.
>>
>>87585907
YouTube link for non-burgers like me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpxUeIyenXI
>>
>>87584489
>Trump doesn't have beliefs.
>>
>>87583886
Not that guy but I hope you're just pretending to be retarded. The rule of scarcity poses the problem of unlimited human wants in a world of limited resources. Everything is finite. Even in fictional utopias scarcity exists at least by time and space.
>>
>>87586020
he doesnt he changes them on a dime. he says whatever he has to to get power
>>
>>87586217
>he says whatever he has to to get power
And Hillbilly doesn't do that too in order to get black and muslim voters?
>>
>>87574120
>>87574085
Trump is the beast, openly repugnant but also sane and human.
Hillary was the smiler, openly doing and saying the things people wanted and building her campaign on a platform of being some kind of historic canidate despite being possibly the most corrupt politician to ever run for president in our nation's history.

We dodged a bullet.
>>
>>87586011
>i-it was HER turn guys
Fucking hell, the rest better be good. I don't want a dead beat episode.
>>
>>87574462
If the democrats were smart they wouldn't have belittled and mocked scores of americans driving them to vote for the opposition.

If they were calm they would not be attempting suicide and freaking out right now because they lost.
>>
>>87586448
I'm pretty sure it's intended to be just Randy speaking and not the show making a message.
>>
>>87586541
It's fine either way, it just wasn't funny. They've been taking shots at Trump all season and it's been quite funny. I'm just concerned given all the bitter autism floating around that they'll fuck it and it'll be deadbeat with a side of preachy.
>>
Is it normal to genuinely like the Denmark song?
>>
>>87586435
>despite being possibly the most corrupt politician to ever run for president in our nation's history.
Honestly, she's par for the course. Her corruption got played up a lot more in the media than usual because "she's corrupt" had a better shot at defeating her than "her policies suck" this time. She's a pretty standard politician.
>>
>>87579270
>>87579436
The states and the electoral college are effectively aligned to the popular vote in this modern age, dumbass. Instances where the electoral college and the popular vote do not align are the exception, not the rule. If it was Trump that got the 0.1% higher in the popular vote and the loss of the electoral majority, it would still mean nothing as regards this false "republic, not a democracy" rhetoric. The modern election system is democratic all but in name, with the electoral college system being an outdated and failed vestige of an attempt at giving small states more power and administering the ballots at a more decentralised, technologically inferior period of U.S. history.
>>
>>87586532
I agree. They should've run a clean and civilized campaign like Trump did.
>>
>>87586754
Testing.
>>
>>87587184
Sorry.
>>
The new star wars isn't good.
>>
>>87574173
Until Brexit, they were always wrong.
>>
>>87586577
Trump is the best thing to happen to comedy since the holocaust. Ha! People still think it happened.
>>
>>87586448
they seem more pissed we let someone who cant even be trused with a twitter be in charge of our launch codes
>>
>>87574050
>>87574085
I think I might start watching South Park again

I thought Matt and Trey would love the shit out of Trump, but if I'm going to get pissed off at watching a comedy show, I wouldn't mind getting pissed off at South Park
>>
>>87587843
Oh god. Can you imagine if Trump actually tweets the day's launch codes by mistake? Not that it'd matter as we've already had over half a dozen "Almost accidentally the whole world" disasters and turned out just fine
>>
>>87587843
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>87587843
>this weak ass bait
>>
>>87587966
his team took his twitter away from him a few days before the election

>>87587926
why the fuck did you think they would love trump? no seriously why
>>
>>87588619
>why the fuck did you think they would love trump? no seriously why
all of their other opinions
>>
>>87588641
are libertarian. and they seem to be anti stupidity.
>>
>>87588673
>anti stupidity
>>
He's boorish, arrogant, and untrustworthy. The exact kind of man the Constitution was written for and a true American Icon.
>>
>>87588706
yeah which is why they didn't support johnson.
>>
>>87575215
The official party candidate of the KKK just got elected on the basis of hating brown people and committing crimes against humanity. Is it really surprising that certain groups of people that violence has been instigated against could be in any way apprehensive about that and/or expect some to be emboldened by it?
>>
>>87588857
How hard are you laughing right now?
>>
>>87588857
Hate groups are still criminals, fampai. They were criminals yesterday and they're criminals today.
>>
>>87581524

They've shown the kids in class a couple times, they have some asian lady as a teacher now.
>>
>>87588953
but they wont be in 2 months
>>
>>87578439
its a shame it was obamas only good idea and it got fucked
>>
>>87589030
I mean. If you want it THAT bad. Then yeah. Democracy does work that way. I guess.
>>
>>87581584
shut up and take my money
>>
>>87586011
thanks anon
>>
>>87588857
Clinton is the official candidate of the banks and insurances

and guess who killed more blacks in the past decade
>>
>>87586541
this
joke does fall a little flat though
>>
>>87589172
Please, both Clinton and Trump are behind neoliberalism. Neither was going to reintroduce glass-steagal, neither had any interest in regulations or single-payer health plans.

However, only one campaigned on totally unsustainable tax cuts for the wealthy.
>>
>>87584489
Nigger, Hillary has flip-flopped more than Trump and has privately said she has different public beliefs than she does in private and that every good politician should do that. She is the same person that only supported gay marriage once it became politically beneficial to do so. Hell, she personally helped to formulate TPP but only came out against it once it became clear that it would be political suicide and even then a lot of her cronies supported it. She is the epitome with everything bad with establishment politicians.
>>
File: americanpolitics.png (194KB, 1870x470px) Image search: [Google]
americanpolitics.png
194KB, 1870x470px
>>87589315
You are absolutely correct.

However, the solution to this problem was not setting everything on fire.
>>
>>87589333
It kind of is. A broken system will never volunteer to fix itself.
>>
>>87589333
Why is everyone saying Trump is somehow going to ruin the country? I don't care about your political views, both candidates could potentially do the same amount of damage. Hell, the whole "Trump could cause WW3 because he'd have control of the nukes and use them whenever he wanted" gets memed all over the place but everyone conveniently forgets that Clinton is a legit war hawk that would have started war with Russia all because they might have gotten hold o her emails. It's time to stop acting like either candidate is the worst thing ever like what happens with every goddamn election.
>>
>>87589333
There is no incentive for politics to improve when there is a forced dichotmy in which lobbies can play both sides. Burning it literally the ONLY answer. Plus you get the added bonus of ending the stealth cold war
>>
>>87589439
>Why is everyone saying Trump is somehow going to ruin the country?
Because
-his stated economic policies are insanity, trickle-down economics taken to a ridiculous extreme
-a stacked conservative supreme court likely means citizen united is locked in for a generation and roe v wade is going bye bye, so banks won't be prevented from getting too big to fail and putting their hands in the investment pies and health care costs and crime will begin to rise again
-Besides those no one is really sure whether he will stick to any particular platform and uncertainty is the single biggest enemy of modern markets

>>87589362
>>87589447
But you didn't set the two-party system on fire, you just handed everything to one party that's going to set the middle class on fire. You cut off your nose to spite your face.
>>
>>87581850
Where you live, maybe.
>>
>>87589528
The middle class was going to burn either way anon. At least it's obvious to the layman now.
>>
>>87589676
>the middle class was going to burn either way
The middle class was going to be in danger either way because of the creeping threat of AI taking over service jobs. With at least one branch of government ruled by dems we stood a chance at having a discussion about UBI and actually dealing with the problem before the shit hit the fan.

Instead we've got all three branches of government firmly in the hands of people who are fundamentally against any kind of welfare and have promised to keep coal mines open and magically bring manufacturing jobs back from China.
>>
>>87589739
> Service jobs
> Middle class
Opinion safely discarded. You may leave now.
>>
>>87577048
what bothers me is trump hatemongered racist/anti immigrantion/anti gay into voting force for him. He malipulated the middle class too because hes been a business man for years, he made his millions on the back of the middle class, and thinks hes smarter that all of them. You cant tell me he gives a single fuck about the middle man. The biggest shame of all is the "president" title is not a title of honor. You dont have to be nice,polite,understanding or even a have any political experience any more.
>>
>>87589528
>single party
>keeping a system
>ever
>especially one as beurocratic and contitutional
You're a tool. It is a warning. An (effectively) non-dichotomous party can win. Play games again and a third party will get it or, they'll have to told cards and support an outsider to be viable, neither outcome is appealing to them. Now they must change.
>>
>>87589803
Haha, oh wow. What the fuck do you think STEM jobs are? What the fuck do you think IT and programming and management is? Those are service industry jobs you fucking moron. The US is a service economy.

"Service jobs" does not just mean McDonald's cashier.
>>
>>87589903
Jesus Christ why is everyone so fucking stupid

It doesn't matter if he gets kicked out in 4 years, supreme court nominations are lifelong. He's going to get at least one and in all likelihood will get to nominate three justices.
>>
>>87589887
Idiots are easy to manipulate. What else is new?

>>87589907
STEM jobs are not service jobs. Flipping burgers is a service job. Flipping burgers is not middle class.

I'll be happy to see those """""jobs""""" disappear forever.

Today's AI sucks. The day AI takes over a thinking rational job is the day AI programmers become the new STEM field.
>>
>>87589924
Oh no. How horrid. If not him then someone else. What is your concern, friend?
>>
>>87589955
>I'll be happy to see those """""jobs""""" disappear forever
>autism speaks.png
>>
>>87589976
> Implying a human assembly line of dripping mucous and leaky pimples shouldn't have been phased out 20 years ago
>>
>>87589955
>Today's AI sucks.
I work in AI. It really doesn't. You're looking at generalized and early stat bots like Siri when the real stuff is strictly B2B at the moment.

>The day AI takes over a thinking rational job is the day AI programmers become the new STEM field
AI has already taken over "thinking rational" jobs. In the next 4 years AI will drastically shrink call centers, retail sales forces, code monkeys, etc. AI design will expand for a very short period of time and then we'll have AI that can design AI solutions better than a human can.

The jobs at risk in the very near future are not burger flipping, AI is a threat to high-skill jobs like engineering.
And yes, those are service jobs. Don't be stupid.

>>87589956
>what is your concern
>>87589528
>>
>>87589955
>I'll be happy to see those """""jobs""""" disappear forever.
so you dont want people to have jobs
>>
File: clonehigh.jpg (121KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
clonehigh.jpg
121KB, 512x384px
>>87589956
>what could possibly go wrong with a stacked supreme court
You mean besides having no chance at repealing citizens united to get limitless corporate money out of politics?

You mean besides losing Roe v Wade which will result in increased crime and poverty and health care costs?

You mean besides unsustainable tax breaks that will give a repub house and repub senate with a repub president an excuse to gut social programs?

You mean besides allowing Russia free reign in Syria?

You mean besides reversing the opening of borders between the US and Cuba?

I guess nothing.
>>
>>87590020
AIs suck at general purpose labor. It's still a strictly human operated gig and there's no shortage of it to go around.

So people stop doing worthless robot shit and start making real things happen to improve lives again. Sounds like an upgrade to me.
>>
>>87590052
That's the republican mindset. It doesn't effect him so he doesn't care. The stereotypical "I got mine, fuck you" voter.

Ironically these same people are 100% against welfare despite not giving a shit if there are enough jobs.
>>
>>87590092
>general purpose labor
Motherfucker that got automated out of being feasible mass employment long long ago.

You think manufacturing is coming back? Are you insane?
>>
>>87590074
>You mean besides having no chance at repealing citizens united to get limitless corporate money out of politics?
Why would Trump be in favor of Citizens United? Most of the big corporations funneled money into Hillary's campaign and they STILL lost.
>>
>>87590074
>You mean besides having no chance at repealing citizens united to get limitless corporate money out of politics?
Interesting

>You mean besides losing Roe v Wade which will result in increased crime and poverty and health care costs?
This, You guys need pop control. I agree.

>You mean besides unsustainable tax breaks that will give a repub house and repub senate with a repub president an excuse to gut social programs?
They were shit anyway.

Russia is doing a fine job in Syria. Why would you care overly about Cuban borders?
>>
>>87590095
Welfare is broken as shit and minimum wage slogging will NEVER pay well because it's literally the least a human can possibly accomplish.

> B-but there aren't enough jooooobs
Yes. There are. You can't look at this colossal fuckup known as America and possibly think "Looks good! this is the final product!" and the reason you can't do that is because there is LOTS OF WORK TO BE DONE.
>>
>>87590134
>we need small government and low taxes
>but lots of government jobs to account for automation increasing productivity to the point where there aren't enough private jobs to go around
Good luck with that
>>
>>87574462
The mayority voted for Clinton, dumbass.
Thread posts: 529
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.